Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: The Anfield Wrap
« Last post by The WASP on Today at 03:53:24 pm »
"...roight?"

Down a shot every time the Arsenal guy says right.

Right.
The Boozer / Re: Holidays 2024 - What's your plans?
« Last post by RainbowFlick on Today at 03:52:56 pm »
Just been to Varanasi for a few days - worth a detour for the yoga & arti - India is boss isn’t it - probably my favorite place at the moment - love the madness (and the food)  :lickin

sorry, i missed your earlier message but glad you enjoyed. in a weird way i found Varanasi pretty interesting even if a bit morbid at points. i *think* i may have gone when i was younger as i had a sudden flashback of a pushy hindu 'priest' trying to upsell me some sort of prayer package for the main temple there...  ;D

i'm indian (born in london) and had kinda assumed i wouldn't be that keen to return again after my trip last year, but i generally did enjoy it minus the pollution and religious fervour. i'd want to visit some of the states i haven't been to yet, especially areas around the south and east.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: EL: Ata 0 vs 1 Liv (3-1) Mo 7’
« Last post by Fromola on Today at 03:51:20 pm »
Funny thing is we never do that most of time even when we are trying to kill the game.

Seen us attack more when we've been ahead and needing to actually keep the ball.

Was absolutely bizarre.

On the positive side hopefully when we play on the weekend without any of that pressing and man marking going on the players may feel like it's a piece of piss.

Yeah, we were too gung ho in the first game chasing the 1-0 deficit if anything (and then 2-0) given how easily Atalanta were creating good chances.

We'd have been better off playing like we did in the second half last night in the first leg. Lose 1-0 and then score early 2nd leg and the tie is level. Win 2-1 first leg and concede early and the tie is level. Don't let the tie get away from you first and foremost.
The Boozer / Re: Holidays 2024 - What's your plans?
« Last post by RainbowFlick on Today at 03:49:43 pm »
Been to Kerala and got to agree that it's an amazing holiday destination. Can do loads of different thing there -  city (Cochin), back waters, western ghats for wildlife, kovalam beach.

I agree on the Bali bit as well. It was 10-15 years since I went and it was overly touristy then. I didn't like it at all. Far better places to go in the Far East in my opinion.

Quite liked Singapore and Kuala Lumpar when I went. Thought KL was the better and more interesting place though. What did you think of them?

Got 3 holidays booked for 2024 so fat - Madeira, Miami/Orlando and Maldives. Spread out throughout the year so I can get a break every 4 months or so.

I actually think Singapore might comfortably be the most expensive place I've visited? Like a bottle of water in your average 7/11 was about £3. It's obviously really clean and stuff but it just felt all...artificial. Kuala Lumpur seems like the more authentic version. Really enjoyed the Batu Cave trip and even the couple restaurants I went to were incredible (and fairly priced). I think in future I'd strictly only use Singapore as a stopover if I need to go somewhere nearby. It felt like an Asian Canary Wharf lol
Im keeping one twin no matter what, but i have another on the way and that will be reserved for a future sacrifice.

My God! 😀
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Last post by Haggis36 on Today at 03:45:58 pm »
200k/week is 10M a year, so 20M, no?
Would be a bargain for Salah IMO

£20m more than if we were to keep him beyond the end of his current contract, but the whole remaining contract would be worth nearly £40m (on the assumption that any pay-cut would only come into play next summer). Signing a 2-year extension this summer commits us to paying 1 more year of £350k, 2 years of £200k (around £38m).
European Away forum / Re: Atalanta away selling details
« Last post by Tommypig on Today at 03:44:43 pm »
The wait aggravated people, which in turn started loads of little fights in the queue for the buses and then on the buses themselves.

Never saw sandwiches :)
That would be great, but it's never going to happen. The Premier League is so far up it's own arse that it's never coming out.
The top clubs, Liverpool included, just want as big a piece of the pie as they can get with no regard to the impact on clubs further down the pyramid.

I hate how we are a part of it. We could have really used our name as a force of change. Even got some of the others to join us, while leaving Newcastle, City and Chelsea behind.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: EL: Ata 0 vs 1 Liv (3-1) Mo 7’
« Last post by Fromola on Today at 03:43:35 pm »
My mind was drifting off to memories of heavy metal football during that last 20 minutes.  The Dortmund performance at the same stage of the UEFA Cup was like chalk and cheese to last night.[/b]  Admittedly Dortmund had the chances to have killed off that tie but if being two goals down in a knock-out cup tie isn't the moment to throw caution to the wind then when is?!

It's easy with hindsight but rather than taking off Diaz could we have moved him to right back and had his energy and ball carrying from deep with Salah/Jota ahead of him?  Anything just to disrupt Atalanta from being so comfortable.  Gomez coming on for Trent felt like an admission that we were content to escape with the bit of pride that a 1-0 victory gave us.

It's different at Anfield though, particularly a 2nd leg attacking the Kop. We were heavy metal that second half against City, that was only a month ago.

Going through after a 3 goal defeat at home in the first leg is almost unheard of. 2 or 3 goal deficits are overturned far more when home 2nd.

The damage was basically done in the first leg. Complaint last night was the complete lack of ideas last 20 minutes when we needed to at last have a proper go. Even in the first leg we created a good amount of chances, we just wasted them.
This would be the best time for a breakaway after yesterday’s news. While I am glad there will be no more replays, the viewing experience of the Premier League is going to get very stop start.

Think of how football stops for an international break every few months. Now imagine that on weekends of the 4th & 5th FA Cup round of games too.

Not to mention the abolition of a winter break.

I would love to rejoin the EFL, form the English First Division and restart the pyramid with an equal chance for all teams.

That would be great, but it's never going to happen. The Premier League is so far up it's own arse that it's never coming out.
The top clubs, Liverpool included, just want as big a piece of the pie as they can get with no regard to the impact on clubs further down the pyramid.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10