Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4155171 times)

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #76000 on: April 19, 2024, 07:19:10 pm »
Garcia well overweight, I am shocked. Let’s hope he doesn’t get hurt or something stupid happens as boxing will deservedly get shit headlines forever.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76001 on: April 19, 2024, 07:38:05 pm »
Fight still on.

Devin Haney vs Ryan Garcia WILL still go ahead tomorrow night, despite Garcia coming in 3.2lbs overweight, as the camps have agreed a deal.

Garcia will be unable to win Haney's WBC Super-Lightweight world title. [@DanRafael1]

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76002 on: April 20, 2024, 10:48:18 am »
Just seen a video of Garcia chugging a bottle of Beer at the weigh in.

I think I'll give this fight a big swerve, not getting up 3-4 am to watch this joke of a Fight.

Here's the Video.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Boxing/s/ghKwvUNV2A
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76003 on: April 20, 2024, 11:18:06 am »
Think Garcia has just realised there's more money to be made from being a social media star than there is for him in boxing.

He'll be fighting YouTubers and WWE stars before long.

Online 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #76004 on: April 20, 2024, 08:53:30 pm »
Just seen a video of Garcia chugging a bottle of Beer at the weigh in.

I think I'll give this fight a big swerve, not getting up 3-4 am to watch this joke of a Fight.

Here's the Video.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Boxing/s/ghKwvUNV2A
It wasn't beer.

Think Garcia has just realised there's more money to be made from being a social media star than there is for him in boxing.

He'll be fighting YouTubers and WWE stars before long.
Probably, and he won't be the last. I can see plenty of boxers with large online followings going down the same route. Less risk, more $$$$.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2024, 08:55:38 pm by 1892tillforever »

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76005 on: April 20, 2024, 09:53:44 pm »
Lets be honest boxing at top level bar a few is shit.

I tend to find best fights are domestic scraps for low level belts.

You tubers and UFC getting involved makes a mockery of the sport ....you wouldnt get a baseball player playing in IPL !

Online 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76006 on: April 20, 2024, 10:20:04 pm »
Lets be honest boxing at top level bar a few is shit.

I tend to find best fights are domestic scraps for low level belts.

You tubers and UFC getting involved makes a mockery of the sport ....you wouldnt get a baseball player playing in IPL !
That's often the case! Clarke vs Wardley being a case in point.

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76007 on: April 20, 2024, 11:14:34 pm »
That's often the case! Clarke vs Wardley being a case in point.

Yep great scrap that.

The thing with boxing is quite often now best 2 dont fight each other or if they do its when one/both are past it.....god I sound like my dad now 🤣🤣

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Last Edit: April 21, 2024, 01:52:42 am by Samie »

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #76009 on: April 21, 2024, 01:48:55 am »
Garcia has shown up with

“RIP Devin Haney 1999-2024” on his t shirt

Prick
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76010 on: April 21, 2024, 01:55:40 am »
He's either going to get into Haney's head with all this or get his head knocked off within 5 rounds.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #76011 on: April 21, 2024, 01:58:25 am »
He's either going to get into Haney's head with all this or get his head knocked off within 5 rounds.
Hopefully its the latter
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76012 on: April 21, 2024, 04:51:44 am »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76013 on: April 21, 2024, 05:48:51 am »
Haney dropped in the 7th no idea how he survived, ref certainly helped him. Weird fight to say the least
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76014 on: April 21, 2024, 06:01:40 am »
And again in the 10th.

Hopefully that reckless point deduction doesn't effect it, Garcia has been brilliant.

3rd time a charm. :D
« Last Edit: April 21, 2024, 06:03:20 am by RedSince86 »

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76015 on: April 21, 2024, 06:03:17 am »
Haney has been pretty bad, has no answer to Garcias power… Garcia always come across this unhinged?
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Lee-87

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76016 on: April 21, 2024, 06:08:39 am »
113-111 Garcia for me

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76017 on: April 21, 2024, 06:12:07 am »
He wins.

How did he pull that performance out, i'm baffled.

Online jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76018 on: April 21, 2024, 06:12:17 am »
Garcia was the better fighter. Good dust up that.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76019 on: April 21, 2024, 06:20:57 am »
Weird fight that, felt scrappy at times then sprinkled with some quality shots by Garcia.. I’ll let you boxing pros dissect that but Haney really struggled and what was with Garcia turning his back, is that allowed?

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
« Reply #76020 on: April 21, 2024, 08:35:38 am »
Absolutely love shit like this, Garcia was brilliant, Garcia is the one who has ADHD but hes the one who mentally broke Haney in this fight, 3lbs over the weight limit, downing the beer at the weigh in, clear mental issues from trauma, Haney probably thought this was a walk over from the narrative the boxing world and media built up going into this fight and Garcia went in their and kicked Haneys ass for a 4th time.

Pricks like Eddie Hearn insisting that Garcia would quit during the fight, Haneys moronic dad getting his mouth firmly shut, the whole mainstream narrative tipped on its head, this is one of the reasons I love boxing and sport in general.

Offline NightDancer

• Anny Roader
  • Bleep Bloop Bleep Bloop
« Reply #76021 on: April 21, 2024, 11:10:19 am »
Absolutely love shit like this, Garcia was brilliant, Garcia is the one who has ADHD but hes the one who mentally broke Haney in this fight, 3lbs over the weight limit, downing the beer at the weigh in, clear mental issues from trauma, Haney probably thought this was a walk over from the narrative the boxing world and media built up going into this fight and Garcia went in their and kicked Haneys ass for a 4th time.

Pricks like Eddie Hearn insisting that Garcia would quit during the fight, Haneys moronic dad getting his mouth firmly shut, the whole mainstream narrative tipped on its head, this is one of the reasons I love boxing and sport in general.

Garcia appears one of those guys who cannot handle life in general but put him inside a ring and the world makes "sense" to him. Give him a battle to fight and he is at home.

If he gets hurt bad, it is going to be away from a ring or gym imo.
What's your pleasure?

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
« Reply #76022 on: April 21, 2024, 12:04:58 pm »

Garcia appears one of those guys who cannot handle life in general but put him inside a ring and the world makes "sense" to him. Give him a battle to fight and he is at home.

I think you're right, Garcia is clearly a loose cannon, when you get a guy with clear mental problems who doesnt give a fuck, then their complete unpredictability can often cause mental problems for an opponent with them not knowing what to expect.

I rate Haney, I thought he would probably win this but I love it when we get someone who upsets the sheep narrative after being completely wrote off, been so many mad, dysfunctional geniuses over the years like Alex Higgins, Gascoigne etc, they're flawed in many ways but always bring the entertainment.

Offline rhysd

• Kopite
  • Igor
« Reply #76023 on: April 21, 2024, 01:02:39 pm »
Holy smokes... did not see that coming. Had half been expecting a Garcia late pull out.

Awful result for Haney.
20 and 7

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76024 on: April 21, 2024, 01:52:26 pm »
Garcia was really good but no credit whatsoever to the fucker. Came in overweight and his antics obviously played a part in Haney thinking it might be easy.

Offline child-in-time

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76025 on: April 21, 2024, 02:51:58 pm »
Well I stand corrected. Haney came in massively unprepared for this fight and it showed. Credit where is due, Garcia was well up for it. Hopefully a rematch happens soon.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76026 on: April 21, 2024, 03:04:31 pm »
Gutted I didn't stick a few quid on Garcia to win this.  Not that I thought he'd win, no one did, but if you can get 8-1 on a contest where there's only two possible winners then it's always value.

Pretty embarrassing for Haney.

Online 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76027 on: April 21, 2024, 03:30:43 pm »

Boxing history is laden with such characters. Edwin Valero is one who comes to mind; that was a story with a terrible ending.

I hope Garcia gets the help he needs and gets to enjoy his success.