Author Topic: Andy Carroll  (Read 115196 times)

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Andy Carroll Loan Watch
« Reply #120 on: September 2, 2012, 06:36:25 am »
Don't West Ham have a fixed price for him if they want it? If so, all this talk of him driving his value up is pointless.
Although it doesn't seem like he wants to go there. Even if he does well, its hard to see West Ham finishing higher than midtable at best, so our hope is that he drives his value up so another club in a better position will be higher for him.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Niru Red4ever

• Spoiler spoiler
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: September 2, 2012, 07:45:55 am »
Don't West Ham have a fixed price for him if they want it? If so, all this talk of him driving his value up is pointless.

Nobody can be sure at this point; but from what Tony Barrett said it looks like they don't. Even if they do I doubt it would be less than 17mp which is probably more than what we could have got for him this window anyways.

Its all moot anyways if Carroll decides to go to a bigger team.
Would love the 19th more and more trophies; but would love even more to see a fan owned LFC.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: September 2, 2012, 10:15:34 am »
Genuinely gutted for Andy that he picked up an injury. I do however wonder whether it was pure misfortune or a consequence of Andy raising his work-rate.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #123 on: September 2, 2012, 10:34:44 am »
Really hope he plays well, gets his confidence back....and West Ham stay up and buy him.

Don't blame him for being the worst transfer in our history....and he deserves to play in a team which fits his style.

We just gotta make sure we pick up the right player for us with the money he'll bring.
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline lfcshaunod

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #124 on: September 2, 2012, 10:38:28 am »
Genuinely gutted for Andy that he picked up an injury. I do however wonder whether it was pure misfortune or a consequence of Andy raising his work-rate.

Or fat sam has had a word in his ear.

I expect him to be playing again immediately once the England game is out the way.
I'M NOT NED STARK'S BASTARD!!!

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #125 on: September 2, 2012, 11:31:30 am »
Jesus, turn it up, 'one dimensional approach' being 'found out'. So they were 'found out' coming second to a side who dropped only 14 points over the entire season. Real would have won the league any year it has been played with that total. I hardly think Barca coming second to a dominant Real when they had injuries to key players is having one of the greatest sides of all time 'found out'. If anything it's more an indictment of their 'one dimensional' approach that, despite these setbacks, they were able to amass a total that would generally have won the league.

The approach is and has been the cornerstone of their success. Whilst their exact approach won't suit us, it gives us the pattern (as does that of virtually all great sides in history) for us to base our future success on - that your own individual approach is the cornerstone of your success and is the one indelible constant.

Andy Carroll does not fit Brendan's approach. He simply doesn't have the passing and interplay abilities, which regardless of his other strengths are enough to rule him (or any other player lacking such) out.

Barca are quite simply the finest football team I've ever seen but I'll qualify that by saying that Xavi, Iniesta and Messi are also three of the finest players I've ever seen. There is playing like Barca and being Barca, they are different things.

Chelsea watched the way the play and decided upon a means of dealing with it, they were lucky but Barca could not not vary.

We tried to play like Barca in the cup final and it was woeful because we don't have the players and it wouldn't have worked anyway so we varied it and look what happened.

I think Carroll can play on the ground and I also think he can help those who doi as well by disrupting defences and passing with his head. I personally think he's worth the money if he is the difference that gets us 4th in a year when that place is up for grabs.

It's an opinion and reality will tell whether I was right or just a dick
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline mccred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: September 2, 2012, 11:34:20 am »
Carrol is always going to look better in a Fat Sam style team than a Rodgers team. Only seen the highlights but looked as though he had a good game until the injury obviously. Looked like the player he was for us, for the last couple of months last season.
Think were going to have to get used to hearing Carrol, Liverpool and 35 million said in the same sentence every time he does anything remotely good on a football pitch for the rest of the season.
Not heard Berbatov's fee mentioned once, only cost 3 million less than Carrol and what did they get for him? 4 million? Don't reckon we'll make a 28 million loss on Carrol. The media do have massive bias's, read an article about the Suarez Evra drama, The Guardian ran 120 separate articles on it alone, without once mentioning that Evra had changed his story as time went on? That was just The Guardian, let alone the rest of the scummy media. Anyway that's a different issue.
Hope Carrol has a good season and we can get out of it with 17 or 18 million quid and his wages paid this season but the way the window turned out, I'd rather he was still with us and we were paying his wages.
Don't Ever,Ever Buy The S*n. Fucking Tory Scum.

FUCK OFF PUTIN!

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #127 on: September 2, 2012, 12:07:04 pm »
Looked good in the highlights last night because they play to his strengths.  Knock the ball up to him and have 2 or 3 runners either in behind or to the side and he'll probably find them more often than not.  It's how Fat Sam plays his football and it works with a player like Andy.

Kenny didn't want to play that way, and neither does Rodgers.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline petecolonia

• Anny Roader
  • Left of the Sinking Ship
    • Northern Independence Party
« Reply #128 on: September 2, 2012, 12:18:47 pm »
Loved the fact that when hangelaand tried everyone's favourite 'jump on andy carroll's back' trick he just ducked and left him suspended in midair, well in Andy
Bunch of centrist wetwipes - Watching Britain sink into obscurity.

Keir Starmer will tank hard. Alan X says I'm a bore, but at least I don't mod forums. That's just sad.

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: September 2, 2012, 12:27:54 pm »
We tried to play like Barca in the cup final and it was woeful because we don't have the players and it wouldn't have worked anyway so we varied it and look what happened.

We really, really, really didn't. I'm not sure we had a defined style of play under Kenny last year, and that was a big part of our downfall imo.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #130 on: September 2, 2012, 12:34:57 pm »
We really, really, really didn't. I'm not sure we had a defined style of play under Kenny last year, and that was a big part of our downfall imo.

Yeah I know but we did try and play it through them rather than over them. If you watch the game again you can see players who were not good enough trying to pass their way through the opposition, not Barca but defintely pass and move. It was just too crowded and they were too good for it.

What I'm saying is that Swansea's style worked really well when they were up against good teams as they were pressing and left some space, it does not work when you play against a well organised defence who have come to either counter attack or seek a point. That's where we have struggled in recent years against smaller clubs because they fear coming to Anfield and opening up. It takes very special players to break down a team playing like on the ground, usually wingers with confidence (like United) or players like Toure or Messi. Van Persie was a special case last year and Drogba was Chelsea's battering ram.

Sterling and Suarez have the ability and confidence to do it for us.
« Last Edit: September 2, 2012, 12:42:33 pm by Black Bull Nova »
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Redwhiteandnotblue

• God's spin doctor.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: September 2, 2012, 04:49:41 pm »
McNulty just retweeted that Brendan has said that *he has an option to recall Andy in January* (and that he would not have let him go if he thought another striker would not be bought.)

Offline redoneusa

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #132 on: September 2, 2012, 06:54:37 pm »
Brendan Rodgers regrets Andy Carroll loan exit from Liverpool

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19458601

Maybe next time we will be sure we have cover signed before we loan someone out then? Still amazes me. But if BR was told we had signed someone then you can't blame him.
You will find me on Twatter: Follow my Twatter

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: September 2, 2012, 11:40:12 pm »
Its a loan watch thread not an express your regrets thread lads.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: September 3, 2012, 03:58:41 am »
I hope Andy has a great season and scores a ton of goals.  I'll be glad for him and more so for us as that will drive his asking price up.  Then we can use his transfer fee to buy some players the manager wants and is willing to play.

I also am glad that we won't be hoofing balls up to Andy for someone to run onto.  I hate that type of football and am glad we have a manager that has a sound footballing philosophy.  I hate watching the type of football that Andy excels in. 

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: September 3, 2012, 04:17:51 am »
I am not sure if the last point on the manager having a sound footballing philosophy can be seen as a strength. Actually it is a big weakness and we have payed the price for it already. It is inflexible in terms of tactics and really it needs the right players which we don't have other than Allen, Gerrard.

How many months has he been in charge though?  And we are talking months not years. It's going to take 2 or 3 more transfer windows before the squad is truly his squad. Short term it's going to be a struggle. Long term it's going to be great.

Offline Redknobprob

• Kopite
« Reply #136 on: September 3, 2012, 09:29:37 am »
Was wondering if we can get Carroll back if we need him in January?

Offline Packalacky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: September 3, 2012, 10:14:19 am »
Watching West Ham play, pumping high balls into the box for Carroll to win, is the exact opposite of the way we are trying to play.

I for one hope we never see Carroll in a red shirt again, the type of football he's good at is just not the type of football that will get us back into the top 4. I want him to have a great season at West Ham so that we can get a good fee for him at the end of the season, but people are deluding themselves if they think he would've made a difference for us at the weekend. Would prefer Morgan on the bench over Carroll.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #138 on: September 3, 2012, 03:46:02 pm »
No mention of Shelvy stopping and letting his man run past him and score for the second?

What's that got to do with Andy Carroll and how he plays for the Hammers? Take it to the match thread.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #139 on: September 3, 2012, 04:02:42 pm »
Loan Watch. The Arsenal game has no relevance to this topic. It is about what Andy does, not what you might hypothesise that he could do.

Offline Swansea Red

• Stuck in no mans land
  • Kopite
  • Leave Swansea Red alone!
« Reply #140 on: September 3, 2012, 06:53:15 pm »
I think the lad will do well at West Ham.  Still gutted he isn't here though, his price tag might have been inflated but he's a cracking forward and we'll miss him.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #141 on: September 5, 2012, 09:44:31 am »
Out for 6 weeks :(

Offline WEST HAM PAUL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles
« Reply #142 on: September 5, 2012, 10:42:51 am »
Bloody typical out for up too 6 weeks.

Fuck sake !!!!
Fortunes Always Hiding. 

And The Sun Shines Now

Sex bombs to the left of me would be playboy bunnies to the right and here I am stuck in the middle with my pasty white bird.

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #143 on: September 5, 2012, 10:53:13 am »

Fuck sake !!!!

make sure you pay him and then send him back fresh in January :D
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: September 5, 2012, 01:50:21 pm »

Fuck sake !!!!
You know he strained his hamstring before he signed for your lot dont you  ;)

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #145 on: September 18, 2012, 09:11:56 am »
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline sirjames

• The Manly Eunuch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: September 18, 2012, 10:23:39 am »
the newspaper report that suggested about west ham giving up 17m if they stay up at the end of the season... my cynical self was thinking, do you think the owners are waiting to see if west ham look like they are in a position of safety come january or there survival looking likely before giving rodgers any money?
If we win, its normal because were Liverpool Football Club
Rafa  25/1/05

Offline Shannon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: September 20, 2012, 08:30:32 pm »
the newspaper report that suggested about west ham giving up 17m if they stay up at the end of the season... my cynical self was thinking, do you think the owners are waiting to see if west ham look like they are in a position of safety come january or there survival looking likely before giving rodgers any money?

More like Andy will be seeing if we are in a position of safety come January.
“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” Martin Luther King

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
Re: Andy Carroll
« Reply #148 on: November 26, 2013, 11:03:19 am »
Rumours going about this morning that he could be retiring due to injury.

Fucking shame if true.
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: November 26, 2013, 11:11:32 am »
Holy crap, retiring?!
So unlucky, hope it isn't true.

Offline Kovai Red

• Oh my captain!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Educated Farrago
« Reply #150 on: November 26, 2013, 11:13:08 am »
Rumours going about this morning that he could be retiring due to injury.

Fucking shame if true.
What?  :o
"Liverpool are the ones with the ball. I support them just for that"
"Ella pugazhum Iraivan Oruvanuke"

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: November 26, 2013, 11:13:37 am »
I forget that he's still young. Anyway, I'll believe it when I see it. His last injury wasn't too serious I don't think. Can't see why he'd retire over it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #152 on: November 26, 2013, 11:21:48 am »
It's some sort of heel injury not usually associated with football. Retiring, if at all true, is mad, I simply can't believe it. It's terrible for the lad, but thank fuck we recouped some of the fee we paid by flogging him in the summer. All the best Andy lad.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline DeLeiva

• StanDan
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA -
« Reply #153 on: November 26, 2013, 11:26:36 am »
Gutted for the big man if true.

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: November 26, 2013, 11:28:49 am »
While he didn't make it here, he's still one of the most likeable characters in today's football, in my opinion. Absolutely shocked by this, hope everything goes well... I know tall players are more often injured (as is the case with many basketball centers), but to be forced to retire at such a young age, would be a real shame...

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: November 26, 2013, 11:30:13 am »
No way this is true

Offline tbonejones

• Dr. Doolittle
  • Legacy Fan
  • We'll be coming down the road...
« Reply #156 on: November 26, 2013, 11:31:33 am »
I'm calling bullshit. This from a couple of days ago...

David Gold ‏@davidgold 24 Nov
I spoke to Andy C yesterday, he looked fit and strong and is desperate to rejoin the first team squad. Hopefully this will happen soon. dg
Journo: ''So, let me get this right, train, coach, train, plane.''
Rafa: ''No, coach first because we will not be walking to the train station.''

Don't Buy The Sun - www.dontbuythesun.co.uk

It was poodle. She was rocking a fucking poodle to sleep.

Offline GlenJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
« Reply #157 on: November 26, 2013, 11:36:08 am »
Would be terrible if it's true. Anyway I think it's bollocks
Manchester United could win fifty titles, but they will always be the Rolling Stones of football. Good, just not quite that band from Liverpool.

You should literally be skinned for such a fucking daft answer :o

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #158 on: November 26, 2013, 11:40:34 am »
jesus thats insane

doubt its true
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline ghost1359

• Loves his nuts, but can't swallow them without gagging
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: November 26, 2013, 11:44:09 am »
This has been rumbling along all morning, if there was anything to it one of the major journos would have picked it up by now. I'm pretty confident in saying it's total bollocks.
"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski