Author Topic: The Tablet Computing Thread  (Read 360650 times)

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Apple iPad.... awful name awful product
« Reply #480 on: January 29, 2010, 09:01:43 am »
you can connect usb via a convertor adapter, why it wouldn't have a mini usb port on it is beyond me

wait for apple to release a usb hdd with a connector that 'just works'
STFU and agree with me.

Offline timiano

• Flatlander
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #481 on: January 29, 2010, 09:38:35 am »
I'm 50/50 over the USB point. A 5V device is going to sup battery at the rate of knots, especially an external hard drive.

I just think people are missing the point about what kind of device this is. The only thing I think it's potentially missing (might be wrong as it might do it), is the ability to play shared videos from a machine running iTunes - I know I can do this with audio, but not with video.

When mobile and on the road, you sync your stuff and off you go.

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #482 on: January 29, 2010, 09:49:29 am »
no wireless n sync is a big oversight
STFU and agree with me.

Offline lachesis

• RAWK Scribe
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • МАРКСИСТ
« Reply #483 on: January 29, 2010, 09:58:38 am »
I just don't see why people would cheap out on something like the iPad when there is stuff like the Dell Mini in the same range, and tablet PC's have been out for aaaagggges. If it was instrumental to my job and I was working with it regularly I would definitely be getting the lifebook from Fujitsu. Amazing piece of kit.

If a larger display is the biggest selling point, can I just ask what 'quality' you think you're getting that weighs less than 1KG, is 9.5 inches wide that runs at a maximum resolution of 1024x768?

For connectivity and practical productivity I just can't believe anyone would actually choose it with the above in mind. I mean it's been advertised and people are already exclaiming how great it is, yet how many are aware, or have even looked at other items. The purchase is made on the basis of marketing. The Asus T101MT should be released soon, coming in at just over 1KG itself - have the people who suddenly need an iPad had a go of the current Asus T91MT?

Basically I look at the iPad and think what's new? People who have never had a tablet and now want one, just seem they were waiting to be fed by Apple. I imagine seeing lots of men in grey suits, latte in left hand - ipad without case in right hand ;D

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/jFxXulbLUCw&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/jFxXulbLUCw&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

Offline redchiz

• No income tax, no VAT
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Reds are coming up the hill, boys...
« Reply #484 on: January 29, 2010, 10:22:30 am »
If you can afford an iPad, do you think you could manage another £1.42 for one of these?

"Rise like Lions after slumber
In unvanquishable number,
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you -
Ye are many - they are few." Percy Bysshe Shelley

Offline wacko

• Keepsh a shecret gottle of Shcotch in hish top drawer. Cunning linguist and ical genius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #485 on: January 29, 2010, 11:46:23 am »
For the people saying it has no USB, is that confirmed? because from the walkthrough pics on the apple site, it shows 3 slots on the side that look like USB slots ???

I saw them. I reckon that's where the speaker is.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Offline danwms

• Legacy Fan
  • Walking through the storm.
    • Last FM
« Reply #486 on: January 29, 2010, 11:48:37 am »
no new on os 4.0 fr the iphone then?

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #487 on: January 29, 2010, 11:49:22 am »
Lachesis - why would I want that Asus? It's a small laptop with a swivelling screen. I'd still need a decent laptop anyway so what's the point of it? I don't understand the point of those swivelly screen things. Seems like it's neither one thing or the other, just some hybrid. Yes I have tried netbooks but can't see the point of them. 
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline wacko

• Keepsh a shecret gottle of Shcotch in hish top drawer. Cunning linguist and ical genius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #488 on: January 29, 2010, 12:23:12 pm »
Lachesis - why would I want that Asus? It's a small laptop with a swivelling screen. I'd still need a decent laptop anyway so what's the point of it? I don't understand the point of those swivelly screen things. Seems like it's neither one thing or the other, just some hybrid. Yes I have tried netbooks but can't see the point of them. 

You twist and fold the screen down over the keyboard and use it as a tablet with a finger/stylus.

The have them (well, full-size notebooks with swivel screens) up at E.ON, and as far as I can tell, they just use the tablet function for scrawling notes on files during presentations and meetings. Basically, a high-tech version of a printed-out PowerPoint deck and a pencil.

I've not used one myself, but I imagine that with the right UI, a keyboard and touchscreen could be a great combination. Some things are much easier with a keyboard, others with pencil and paper. A good convertible interface could combine the strengths of both. Or be a big fucking mess.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Offline lachesis

• RAWK Scribe
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • МАРКСИСТ
« Reply #489 on: January 29, 2010, 12:32:23 pm »
It's a small laptop with a swivelling screen. I'd still need a decent laptop anyway so what's the point of it? I don't understand the point of those swivelly screen things. 

They disconnect from the base like the Fujitsus (hence the virtual keyboard as well). Like a docking keyboard - I suppose you could ask why would Apple make a peripheral along the same lines as well then?

I don't know, I'm playing devils advocate here by the way - I cannot for the life of me see why someone would prefer an iPad over a proper 3G tablet PC like the two I've pointed out. Yes the UI is nice, but how many people are familiar with windows? How do you envisage using it properly - like you would take it into work, somehow transfer files to it then go to clients and show them pictures/drawings? Or are you looking at it for just sending emails on the move?

There's a reason why the iPhone has not really depreciated in value as much as other devices of its kind and thats that fact it does the job it's designed to very well. The price of the iPad had me baffled, then I figured it's a bit like the wii - if they price it too expensive, people will buy proper tablets instead. I think the limited functionality is reflected in the price of course. Meh, maybe I'm being obtuse but I think the market would be so niche (looks to be aimed at commuters), that I can't see it having sustainability.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #490 on: January 29, 2010, 12:34:26 pm »
This is the picture I saw looks like theres 3 USB slots on the bottom of the tablet and what looks like an SD card slot

Offline The Jackal

• GENESIS 1:1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent...
« Reply #491 on: January 29, 2010, 12:37:59 pm »
This is the picture I saw looks like theres 3 USB slots on the bottom of the tablet and what looks like an SD card slot

The slot below the 'Home' button is for Apple's proprietary connector. The other slots I believe are speakers.
Blanco y en botella. Es leche, no?

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #492 on: January 29, 2010, 12:46:23 pm »
The slot below the 'Home' button is for Apple's proprietary connector. The other slots I believe are speakers.

cheers mate, any idea what these are on the side then? one looks like the on switch but whats the black strip underneath it?

Offline The Jackal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #493 on: January 29, 2010, 12:49:13 pm »
cheers mate, any idea what these are on the side then? one looks like the on switch but whats the black strip underneath it?

The long one is the volume rocker. Not sure about the other one though.

Edit - the other hardware control is the mute switch.

Also the one you can just see onthe top is on/ off/ sleep/ wake.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 12:59:09 pm by The Jackal »

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #494 on: January 29, 2010, 12:50:30 pm »
The long one is the volume rocker. Not sure about the other one though.

cheers mate, no USB slots is a major downfall for this, hope Microsofts has one, if so then i'll probably be getting that instead.

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #495 on: January 29, 2010, 12:56:11 pm »

Mute and Volume

Other I/Os:
Dock connector
3.5-mm stereo headphone jack
Built-in speakers
Microphone
SIM card tray (Wi-Fi + 3G model only)
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline redchiz

• No income tax, no VAT
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #496 on: January 29, 2010, 01:05:18 pm »
cheers mate, no USB slots is a major downfall for this, hope Microsofts has one, if so then i'll probably be getting that instead.

FFS give it up about the USB, you'll be able to use the Dock connector for that. And judging by those pics, it's too thin to contain a standard USB slot anyway.

Offline The Jackal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #497 on: January 29, 2010, 01:06:04 pm »

which Microsoft one? The 'Courier' (linked to a couple of pages back)? I imagine you'd have to wait till at least next year to get that. Or do you mean the HP slate running Win7? The HP slate will definitely have USB and be running a fully featured OS, no specs out for the Courier yet though as it's still in the development stage (though I'd be incredibly surprised  if it din't have USB).

Lots of other tablets (Tegra 2 powered and running Android) being released later this year as well, and rumours of an Android powered HTC tablet device (although that's not confirmed).

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #498 on: January 29, 2010, 01:25:09 pm »
So no mention of 4.0 / new iphone at all yet?

Offline neel2108

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the king.
« Reply #499 on: January 29, 2010, 01:31:00 pm »
So no mention of 4.0 / new iphone at all yet?

Thats what I was lookin forward to.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrryWFt7SII

-------------------------------------------------------------------
"With one swing of his gifted right boot Steven Gerrard says, Champions League, Knockout Stage, Here we come!!"

Just can't get enough...........

Offline timiano

• Flatlander
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #500 on: January 29, 2010, 01:54:54 pm »
no wireless n sync is a big oversight

Agreed. Wireless sync is a massive loss.

The Asus T101MT should be released soon, coming in at just over 1KG itself - have the people who suddenly need an iPad had a go of the current Asus T91MT?

But, as much as I love the Microsoft desktop OS as I do, it's worthless without the appropriate software. There just isn't a steady stream of touch based applications, neatly packaged up in an app store and costing sensible prices.

Don't get me wrong it's changing, I know, I work with them all the time and am fairly clued up with their pipeline and their shortcomings. It wouldn't surprise me if a hardware vendor creates a tablet based on Windows Mobile 7 when it is released, and other vendors concentrate on full featured (read, full cost) tablets and hybrids. I think there is more of a market for the consumer device though, as it fits in with the micro-application/app market revenue stream. Which MSFT are very far behind, almost to the point I think it may take 5 years for them to recover, which they'll be happy with, they usually are.

What Google and Android do will be very interesting though.

Offline The Jackal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #502 on: January 29, 2010, 02:13:10 pm »

;D

From b3ta.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline redchiz

• No income tax, no VAT
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #503 on: January 29, 2010, 02:24:38 pm »
http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/08/compal-android-tablet-with-next-gen-tegra-demoed-at-ces-video/
"Unfortunately, the device is plagued from the start as its rocking a resistive touchscreen instead of a capacitive one. Despite the next-gen Tegra chip inside, our user experience was pretty abysmal, with touches barely registering and general usability pretty low."

http://www.slashgear.com/notion-ink-adam-hands-on-0969281/
Prototype.

http://jkkmobile.blogspot.com/2010/01/asus-eee-tablet-at-ces-2010.html
Concept.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/08/msi-shows-off-10-inch-android-tablet-running-new-tegra-chipset/
"There aren't many details (like price, release date and internals)."

http://mashable.com/2010/01/02/google-tablet/
"What do you think: could a Google Tablet rival the iSlate (sic)? Or will this rumored device never see the light of day?"

I wouldn't hold your breath...

Offline timiano

• Flatlander
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #504 on: January 29, 2010, 02:37:00 pm »
http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/08/compal-android-tablet-with-next-gen-tegra-demoed-at-ces-video/

http://www.slashgear.com/notion-ink-adam-hands-on-0969281/

http://jkkmobile.blogspot.com/2010/01/asus-eee-tablet-at-ces-2010.html

http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/08/msi-shows-off-10-inch-android-tablet-running-new-tegra-chipset/

http://mashable.com/2010/01/02/google-tablet/

Cheers for the links Jackal.

My main question about google is how heavily they're going to get involved in the app dev scene. If they want their devices, OS and everything else to be out there as serious competition, it needs the app market. I know they already have one, but is it any good? Are the big vendors and private sector thinking "Let develop an Android App as a unique selling point for our service/product"? Unlikely.

Whereas with Apple they are - which is where the gravy train is at, and another reason why I'm still inclined to go with an iPad until the scene changes. I'm hoping that we have a real 4 way fight with Apple, Android, WinMo 7 and Symbian, and all the devs (at least those representing large organisations, software houses etc) out there concentrate on making their apps across the range.

Offline The Jackal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #505 on: January 29, 2010, 02:38:39 pm »

I dunno, I reckon a couple of those could certainly be released by Q3 or Q4 of this year - wouldn't be surprised to see the MSI and Asus ones.

Offline timiano

• Flatlander
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #506 on: January 29, 2010, 02:40:58 pm »

And herein lies my point. The iPad is here now, as is the rich application market and the general outlook of a lot of commercial organisations thinking "We've gotta get an app out for the iPhone". but Android and WinMo are mere after thoughts. Hence, it's likely I'm going to buy an iPad, even if it could be better.

Offline The Jackal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #507 on: January 29, 2010, 02:42:33 pm »
Cheers for the links Jackal.

My main question about google is how heavily they're going to get involved in the app dev scene. If they want their devices, OS and everything else to be out there as serious competition, it needs the app market. I know they already have one, but is it any good? Are the big vendors and private sector thinking "Let develop an Android App as a unique selling point for our service/product"? Unlikely.

Whereas with Apple they are - which is where the gravy train is at, and another reason why I'm still inclined to go with an iPad until the scene changes. I'm hoping that we have a real 4 way fight with Apple, Android, WinMo 7 and Symbian, and all the devs (at least those representing large organisations, software houses etc) out there concentrate on making their apps across the range.

It's an interesting question. My take on it is that App developers could write versions of their apps for the different platforms, but I don't know enough about the software side of things to really comment.

Offline lachesis

• RAWK Scribe
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • МАРКСИСТ
« Reply #508 on: January 29, 2010, 02:49:16 pm »
I think the model is flawed. These devices to me would work better as a cloud subscription model. You tie it to your account, then log in and have your apps running on the backend. As I understand it, all these apps are stored and run locally etc.

I believe thats the niche it should exploit. Then it could actually offer full scale applications as well.

Out of interest, does this use webmail for its email, contacts and calendar? i.e. does it store data locally? If so, do you have to log in or authenticate? Basically if you found one on a train, could I just pick it up and see you personal information?

Offline Paul

• Pensioner Abuser
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #509 on: January 29, 2010, 03:35:00 pm »
if its the same as the iPhone (and it should be), the data is stored locally and synced back to the "cloud" if you have apple's mobileme or a microsoft exchange activesync account. changes are synced immediately from remote to local when a data connection becomes available

passcode locking prevents people "picking up and stealing info", and remote wipe can clear personal data if activated when lost (although that relies on a data connection being available to the device - could prove tricky on the iPad WiFi-only model)

offering cloud applications requires a sustainable internet connection - not exactly a given when hitching onto WiFi at starbucks (which is a touted use for these things). the iWork solutions apple have built look as good at first glance as Google Docs anyway, if not better

Offline JimmyGrunt

• Transgender Asylum Seeker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #510 on: January 29, 2010, 06:40:10 pm »
First time ive been in this thread really.

Did i just read "Wi-Fi Only".............?
PSN ID = JimmyGrunt

Yea mate just put your sky box on top of the fridge, put an egg in the microwave then wave your satalite dish around on the roof worked for me lad.

Offline redchiz

• No income tax, no VAT
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #511 on: January 29, 2010, 07:09:48 pm »

Possibly. But read again.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #512 on: January 29, 2010, 07:10:58 pm »

The "Wi-Fi Only" model is Wi-Fi only...
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #513 on: January 29, 2010, 09:19:41 pm »
At college today while fucking about trying to take notes on the last scrap of paper I had, I thought about how useful one of these might be. I may try one out, if the prices somewhere near correlate to the US ones. Not paying 800 quid though, which it's bound to cost.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 09:26:17 pm by Zizou »

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #514 on: January 29, 2010, 09:38:15 pm »
No, they won't make it more than double the US price.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #515 on: January 30, 2010, 09:37:56 am »
i have issues with the tablet they'll announce, wouldn't it cramp your hand

They are used to that with all the wanking the users do over existing Apple Products :)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #516 on: January 31, 2010, 12:58:28 am »
I wanna touch one..
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline markcd

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #517 on: January 31, 2010, 11:42:43 am »
I got this e:mail from Sky with a link to their skysports 'mag'. When you see stuff like this, it kind of makes a bit more sense I think.....

http://www.skysports.com/sportzine/latestissue

Offline hooded claw

• Foiled by the Anthill Mob
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #518 on: February 1, 2010, 01:05:46 pm »
Charlie Brooker: iPad therefore iWant?

A star appears over San Francisco and a new gizmo is born. The iPad! At first glance it resembles an iPhone in unhandy, non-pocket-sized form. But look a little longer, and . . Nope. You were right first time.

Not that that's necessarily a bad thing. Apple excels at taking existing concepts – computers, MP3 players, conceit – and carefully streamlining them into glistening ergonomic chunks of concentrated aspiration. It took the laptop and the coffee table book and created the MacBook. Now it's taken the MacBook and the iPhone and distilled them into a single device that answers a rhetorical question you weren't really asking.

It's an iPhone for people who can't be arsed holding an iPhone up to their face. A slightly-further-away iPhone that keeps your lap warm. A weird combination of portable and cumbersome: too small to replace your desktop, too big to fit in your pocket, unless you're a clown. It can play video, but really – do you want to spend hours staring at a movie in your lap? Sit through Lord of the Rings and you'd need an osteopath to punch the crick out of your neck afterwards. It can also be used as an ebook, something newspapers are understandably keen to play up, but because it's got an illuminated display rather than a fancy non-backlight "digital ink" ebook screen, it'll probably leave your eyes feeling strained, as though your pupils are wearing tight shoes.

The iPad falls between two stools – not quite a laptop, not quite a smartphone. In other words, it's the spork of the electronic consumer goods world. Or rather it would be, were it not for one crucial factor: it looks ideal for idly browsing the web while watching telly. And I suspect that's what it'll largely be used for. Millions of people watch TV while checking their emails: it's a perfect match for them.

Absurdly, Apple keeps trying to pretend it'll make your life more efficient. Come off it. It's an oblong that lights up. I'm sick of being pitched to like I'm a one-man corporation undertaking a personal productivity audit anyway. I don't want to hear how the iPad is going to make my life simpler. I want to hear how it'll amuse and distract me; how it plans to anaesthetise me into a numb, trancelike state. Call it the iDawdler and aggressively market it as the world's first utterly dedicated timewasting device: an electronic sedative to rival diazepam, alcohol or television. If Apple can convince us of that, it's got itself a hit.

Some people are complaining because it doesn't have a camera in it. Spoiled techno-babies, all of them. Just because something is technically possible, it doesn't mean it has to be done. It's technically possible to build an egg whisk that makes phonecalls, an MP3 player that dispenses capers or a car with a bread windscreen. Humankind will continue to prosper in their absence. Not everything needs a 15-megapixel lens stuck on the back, like a little glass anus. Give these ingrates a camera and they'd whine that it didn't have a second camera built into it. What are you taking photographs of anyway? Your camera collection?

And don't bring up videocalls to defend yourself: it'd be creepy talking to a disembodied two-dimensional head being held at arm's length, and besides, the iPad is too heavy to hold in front of your face for long, so you'd end up balancing it in your lap, which means both callers would find themselves staring up one another's others nostrils, like a pair of curious dental patients. (Videocalls are overrated anyway. You just sit there staring at each other with nothing to say. It's like a prison visit: eventually one of you has to start masturbating just to break the tension.)

Personally, I'm not sure whether I'll buy an iPad, although I think – I think – I'm about to buy a MacBook. Yes, I was a dyed-in-the-wool Mac sceptic for years. Yes, I've written screeds bemoaning the infuriating breed of smug Apple monks who treat all PC owners with condescending pity. But being chained to a Sony Vaio for the last few weeks has convinced me that I'd rather use a laptop that just works, rather than one that's so ponderous, stuttering and irritating I find myself perpetually on the verge of running outside and hurling it into traffic. (That's a moan about Sony laptops, not PCs in general, by the way. I'm keeping my desktop PC, thanks: that's lovely. Smooth as butter. Better than I deserve, in fact.)

I just hope buying a MacBook won't turn me into an iPrick. I want a machine that essentially makes itself invisible, not a rectangular bragging stone. If, 10 minutes after buying it, I start burbling on about how it's left me more fulfilled as a human being, or find myself perched at a tiny Starbucks table stroking its glowing Apple with one hand while demonstratively tapping away with the other in the hope that passersby will assume I'm working on a screenplay, it's going straight in the bin.

The iBin. Complete with built-in camera. $599.99.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #519 on: February 1, 2010, 03:47:31 pm »
I got this e:mail from Sky with a link to their skysports 'mag'. When you see stuff like this, it kind of makes a bit more sense I think.....

http://www.skysports.com/sportzine/latestissue

You wouldnt be able to view that on a iPad. I imagine it would look something like this: