Author Topic: Liverpool Summer tour & pre-season games  (Read 585049 times)

Offline BabsLFC

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Liverpool Summer tour 2015 - Australia and Thailand????
« Reply #80 on: February 16, 2015, 02:16:22 am »
Was after 2x adult tickets for Brisbane, got to payment screen and timed out im shattered!! Been trying for the past hour or two and still no luck :( if anyone gets through I beg for you to add two adult tickets to your order i'll be forever in debt!! :/ even Adelaide would be good

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: February 16, 2015, 02:18:37 am »
Happy to pass the code on in a PM should anyone want it.
Yes please!

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2015, 02:24:51 am »
Fucking section 513 row 30 seat 37, I don't want you. I want section 311. It's annoying because so many people last time got tickets in the standing section and didn't really want to stand. It's a sham of a ticketing system if people don't get the seats that they actually want.

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Sweeney94

• Anny Roader
« Reply #84 on: February 16, 2015, 02:32:34 am »
I got in on the pre-sale now mate. Happy to pass the code on in a PM should anyone want it.

Edit: Just rejoined the Queensland supporters page to see if I can nab a ticket or two in the standing section.

PM'd you mate

Offline BabsLFC

• Main Stander
« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2015, 02:41:07 am »
Ended up getting CAT 2 right on the corner flag thank lord jesus

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: February 16, 2015, 02:42:02 am »
Ended up getting CAT 2 right on the corner flag thank lord jesus

Is that for Brisbane mate ?

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: February 16, 2015, 02:45:46 am »
Man this is stressful

Edit: Just got 2 tickets in 516

(Brisbane)

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: February 16, 2015, 02:49:43 am »
Kop in Brisbane is single seats only now.

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #89 on: February 16, 2015, 02:55:49 am »
Proving difficult this!

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #90 on: February 16, 2015, 03:02:26 am »
Just got 1 seat for 516. My wife won't be happy....

Offline slimbo

• Kopite
« Reply #91 on: February 16, 2015, 03:09:03 am »
I have 10 spares of Cat 1 tickets in Brisbane. Maybe even a few extra. I set up myself and some mates like a Call Centre with instructions to just get 10 tickets if we can. Out of six of us 3 got through. I don't require all of them. Just wanted to make sure we got tickets and got lucky.

I will sell at face value of $203 each. They are section 603. Seats are together.

http://www.suncorpstadium.com.au/~/media/Suncorp%20Stadium%20New/Seating_Plans/Suncorp-Stadium-Map_17SEP2014.ashx?la=en

PM me if interested. They will be proper tickets as I've asked for them to be sent out. (Not electronic) I don't know when I will receive them as for Melbourne they arrived well after payment. I would require payment next week though as I've maxed out the credit card.

I am a member of LFC QLD Supporters Club and live in Brisbane.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 03:16:13 am by slimbo »

Offline Sweeney94

• Anny Roader
« Reply #92 on: February 16, 2015, 03:22:10 am »
Thanks jooneyisdagod for the code, would've been doomed without you!

4 gold class tickets in adelaide, 3 rows back  :thumbup

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: February 16, 2015, 03:40:42 am »
I have 10 spares of Cat 1 tickets in Brisbane. Maybe even a few extra. I set up myself and some mates like a Call Centre with instructions to just get 10 tickets if we can. Out of six of us 3 got through. I don't require all of them. Just wanted to make sure we got tickets and got lucky.

I will sell at face value of $203 each. They are section 603. Seats are together.

http://www.suncorpstadium.com.au/~/media/Suncorp%20Stadium%20New/Seating_Plans/Suncorp-Stadium-Map_17SEP2014.ashx?la=en

PM me if interested. They will be proper tickets as I've asked for them to be sent out. (Not electronic) I don't know when I will receive them as for Melbourne they arrived well after payment. I would require payment next week though as I've maxed out the credit card.

Hey mate,

Do you know if the QLD supporters club may have any spares for the game in the standing section of the Kop ?

Would love just the one ticket.

Offline slimbo

• Kopite
« Reply #94 on: February 16, 2015, 03:42:36 am »
Hey mate,

Do you know if the QLD supporters club may have any spares for the game in the standing section of the Kop ?

Would love just the one ticket.

Really don't know as they only went on sale today. Try rob@lfcqld.com.au He should know.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: February 16, 2015, 03:50:22 am »
Really don't know as they only went on sale today. Try rob@lfcqld.com.au He should know.

Thanks mate, will give that a go.

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: February 16, 2015, 03:58:41 am »
Got a ticket  ;D.  Sucks that i could only get single seperate tickets for a few of my mates so we wont be sitting together but at least we have tickets i guess.

Offline slimbo

• Kopite
« Reply #97 on: February 16, 2015, 03:59:32 am »

Tickets are gone sorry.

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #98 on: February 16, 2015, 04:02:54 am »
Managed to jag a Cat 2 (Section 720), as well.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #99 on: February 16, 2015, 10:32:35 pm »
Is a password required for the general sale? I've got mine but friends looking.
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline ozired

• Kemlynite
« Reply #100 on: February 16, 2015, 10:38:03 pm »
No John, password was only needed for the Pre-sales. As usual with Ticketek, there were numerous problems in the Pre-sale, hopefully your mates get sorted today.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: February 16, 2015, 10:40:19 pm »
No John, password was only needed for the Pre-sales. As usual with Ticketek, there were numerous problems in the Pre-sale, hopefully your mates get sorted today.

Sound, it is still asking for a password, butthink they may just be preparing to remove that. Will prob be a kip by the time they do

Offline ozired

• Kemlynite
« Reply #102 on: February 16, 2015, 10:43:40 pm »
I think the Pre-sale is still in place, the general sale starts at 11.00 Brisbane time I think

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: February 16, 2015, 10:50:47 pm »
Its Adelaide Im looking at, now showing 11.30

Offline ozired

• Kemlynite
« Reply #104 on: February 16, 2015, 10:54:49 pm »
That would be Adelaide local time John, too many time zones, gets bloody confusing this time of the year

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: February 16, 2015, 10:57:00 pm »
That would be Adelaide local time John, too many time zones, gets bloody confusing this time of the year

yeah i know 1am here, I'll be asleep. He's on his own!!

Offline rojo para la vida

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #106 on: February 16, 2015, 10:59:40 pm »
I've just been reading an article in the Courier-Mail about the tour. http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/football/liverpool-tipped-to-make-10-million-off-clash-with-adelaide-united-at-adelaide-oval/story-fnii0g1e-1227222211762

What's refreshing is the enthusiasm and lack of scepticism from the general public.

There's a survey asking will you watch Adelaide United play Liverpool?

I cannot wait!  82.42%  (2,419 votes)

No, it's not my thing  5.42%  (159 votes)

I'm no soccer fan but it'd be a spectacle to see  12.16%  (357 votes)

Total Votes: 2,935

Now a good few of those respondents are surely not Liverpool fans but there seems to an excitement over there about watching a famous team.

I lived in QLD for three years in the early nineties and have never come across people so into sport. In those days I don't recall too much coverage of what was Division 1 football that became the Premier League while I was still there, nor any general enthusiasm for football other than from a few ex-pats. It was all League and Mal Meninga and the King wasn't Kenny, it was Wally Lewis. I'm glad that has changed.

Anyhow once again it looks like Oz is going to do us proud.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: February 17, 2015, 05:01:37 am »
Ticketing is a fucking sham as always. Scalpers everywhere and because of the sheer idiocy of the ticketing website (perhaps they have their reasons for making it the way they have, I don't know) but many reds have ended up with tickets all over the place and often many more than they need that they are now selling to other reds for face value which is much appreciated. But the whole thing has been terrible.

I'm hoping to nab some tickets off another red on the Queensland supporters club in one of the bays behind the goal. That would be an absolute dream come true.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: February 17, 2015, 07:50:59 am »
Ticketing is a fucking sham as always. Scalpers everywhere and because of the sheer idiocy of the ticketing website (perhaps they have their reasons for making it the way they have, I don't know) but many reds have ended up with tickets all over the place and often many more than they need that they are now selling to other reds for face value which is much appreciated. But the whole thing has been terrible.

I'm hoping to nab some tickets off another red on the Queensland supporters club in one of the bays behind the goal. That would be an absolute dream come true.

Out of curiosity, what sheer idiocy are you referring to?

I don't disagree, but curious to get your perspective.

And more to the point, what would have been better?

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: February 17, 2015, 08:22:20 am »
Out of curiosity, what sheer idiocy are you referring to?

I don't disagree, but curious to get your perspective.

And more to the point, what would have been better?

I was referring to how the whole of the 'Kop' is one category when as far as I'm aware, there is a standing section within that. Also, I think the website randomly spits out seats and many people looking for multiple seats in one category or the other often ended up with seats that were separate by miles. So many people on the supporter's clubs forums I've been reading have been trying to get tickets together and many have ended up with many more tickets than they need and are now reselling it.

The other problem with not demarcating the standing section out or at least calling it an active support section so people know not to go there is that at least last time, there were many people that just wanted to sit and watch the game that ended up on in the standing part of the Kop while many supporters that wanted to stand and sing ended up spread out across the stadium. This of course is just a personal anecdote and I'm happy for someone to correct me.

In Melbourne, I actually got tickets after hours of trying on the other side of the ground near the Victory supporters and I went into the game that day and was sitting in my seat and stuffing myself (I had to after several pints of imperial ales at Beer DeLuxe ;)) when I heard the PA announce that standing section seats were still available (They sold out in something like 30 seconds from what I gathered on other forums). So I thought fuck it, left my seat and went across, stood in the line to buy a ticket to the standing area when some random bloke came and literally just gave me the ticket saying it was a spare and was going to waste. So I took it and went there. I guess the moral of the story is that many people were put in seats randomly assigned by the ticketing vendor and that separated groups of people and many were in areas that they didn't even want to be in because of the system.

I've now sorted myself and I'm going in bay 311. Right in the middle of the 'Kop' area. Fucking delighted. The guy that sold it to me had the same problem. He and his girlfriend got split and put in random areas and on the second attempt, he got tickets together and therefore sold his tickets in the 'Kop' area. It's quite a clusterfuck. Ticketing appears to be more a matter of a DNS lottery than anything else.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: February 17, 2015, 08:53:53 am »
Thanks jooneyisdagod for the code, would've been doomed without you!

4 gold class tickets in adelaide, 3 rows back  :thumbup

No worries mate. :wave

Offline Cotchin

• eel
  • Kemlynite
« Reply #111 on: February 17, 2015, 09:06:28 am »
Was hunting for pair of tickets with my dad right when it opened and got through twice to the payment point, and then it wouldn't load the next page. Was filthy. Ended up hunting for singles near each other within the allowed 10 minute period and just put as many into the basket as possible and found 2 in the same bay and row, 12 seats away. From disaster to a miracle.

Offline KopThat

• "See Tom turn red, See Tom run, Oh happy days."
  • Legacy Fan
  • He who laughs last, didn't quite get the joke...
    • GameFaceMe
« Reply #112 on: February 18, 2015, 12:47:33 am »
I wanted to go with my son and grandson, and almost got 2 but it bombed out on payment.

Later I was able to get one ticket

but last night I tried again and managed to get 3 together in the nose bleed section of the Kop with restricted view for about $250 all up, which is ok because I just want them to experience atmosphere and we can watch it on the tele later anyway.

So I have a single spare in S601  row 77 which cost $209, only problem is that I chose mobile delivery.

I contacted ticketek and they said they can't send out a paper version, but I could print the barcode from the link,
but I think it only starts working closer to the day of the game.

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #113 on: February 18, 2015, 01:41:03 am »
Might have 3 tickets available, for categories 1, 2, and 4, respectively. Will update when I have more details (the tickets were purchased during the pre sale for my mum and dad but they're not sat together and my old man has an ailment which prevents him from sitting by himself, so not sure he'll be able to make it, unfortunately).

They will be sold at cost price to Reds fans only.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #114 on: February 18, 2015, 01:53:15 am »
Unreal I logged on to LFC  and their all "Adalaide sells out in hours" , and I hear about and now see from these posts fairly significant revenue streams coming into the club!

I mean like, wait a minute, outright winning the cl is now up from 25 to what, 40? million pounds, but 2 early preseason games are worth 10! Sweet. Well in, lads.

In Toronto here we sold out the Skydome a few years back, that's probably 55k, we did a fair belter ynwa imo but its not talked about like Melbourne.  Not quite as high for tickets but they were pretty dear. Got a boss photo of Torsten Frings going into a 50-50 with Lucas.

Which is to say have fun, they'll surely do a practice the day before and what not, well worth a jaunt as well....
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline KopThat

• "See Tom turn red, See Tom run, Oh happy days."
  • Legacy Fan
  • He who laughs last, didn't quite get the joke...
    • GameFaceMe
« Reply #115 on: February 18, 2015, 02:06:50 am »
I think we are getting gouged a bit for a pre-season friendly $209 is about £106

Nice page to see the view from each block in Suncorp Stadium
http://www.suncorpstadium.com.au/The_Stadium/The_Seat.aspx
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 02:44:12 am by KopThat »

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: February 18, 2015, 02:12:07 am »
Might have 3 tickets available, for categories 1, 2, and 4, respectively. Will update when I have more details (the tickets were purchased during the pre sale for my mum and dad but they're not sat together and my old man has an ailment which prevents him from sitting by himself, so not sure he'll be able to make it, unfortunately).

They will be sold at cost price to Reds fans only.

Mate, I would suggest you log onto the Qld supporters page and try to do a swap. Plenty of people in similar situations to yours.

Offline grk_adonis90

• Main Stander
  • This is Anfield!
« Reply #117 on: February 18, 2015, 02:16:56 am »
Took too long to organise myself and missed out on tickets to the game in Adelaide. Im looking for 2-4 seated together. Either bronze, silver, or kop. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #118 on: February 18, 2015, 04:01:58 am »
Mate, I would suggest you log onto the Qld supporters page and try to do a swap. Plenty of people in similar situations to yours.

Thanks Jooney. Will do.

Also, this might be a good occasion to catch up for that beer? I'm taking the day off, so will no doubt be having a few up at the Paddo during the afternoon!

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: February 18, 2015, 04:14:17 am »
Thanks Jooney. Will do.

Also, this might be a good occasion to catch up for that beer? I'm taking the day off, so will no doubt be having a few up at the Paddo during the afternoon!
Yeah man. This is on. I was thinking Leftys but yeah Caxton st pre game sounds good.