The Liverpool FC Forum > Opinion

The Level 3 Thread

<< < (3/2751) > >>

gjr1:

--- Quote from: iloverafa on July 29, 2008, 10:36:21 am ---Fantastic post.

It shows brilliantly the time it takes to build, not just a good team, but a winning team and why we should show some patience and not kick off the first time we draw a game.

The bit about circulation football instantly made me think about Arsenal.  Interesting that Wenger seems to go against Michels theory that you need to be able to adjust your play, as he has said Arsenal will only use one style of play.  I wonder what Wenger's reasoning is?

--- End quote ---

I think you have to remember that Arsenal did go that season unbeaten and although I don't remember their style of play but I would suggest that it was RM's blueprint that provided that. Sometimes you have the players to do it and sometimes I guess you buy the wrong players.

i_wun_bite:
bloody good post!

kneejerk:
great post. fantastic insight into the methodology, i've found a lot of rafa's decisions utterly confusing, now i can understand a little better.cheers

GeniusChrist:
Shit that was a long read, thoroughly enjoyable though. Killed a bit of time at work hehe. Well would you look at that, it's just about lunchtime lol.

There's a lot of very interesting points there, a clear systematic approach that fills me with optimism about the future, even though i've always been optimistic about Rafa's approach it's nice to read something so well laid out which explains a lot of things. One day we will be reading these things in the tabloids but not until after we've won the league and the bandwagon is in full flow. I for one can't wait.

Gnurglan:
Long, but well worth reading for those with some interest in management of a football club. Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version