Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
:D this is exactly the thread I needed.

Don’t get many heart throb’s called Glenn these days do you? Absolute banger.

On a semi serious note. I’ve just had a proper melancholy feeling about football since that United league game. You want something so much, and then slowly realise it’s probably not going to happen. And I’m not angry with anyone, just find the whole situation of how we (as a club) look lost and confused really sad. Closest comparison I think is probably the aftermath of Kenny’s resignation but I was only a kid then and not really able to comprehend it all.

Sorry to get a bit heavy. I’ll shut up and patiently await my hug. Thanks Keith!

I know what you mean. A few games ago it felt like it was happening, even after the draw against Mab Utd where our performance was actually really good despite the result, it wasn't that bad. The last month everything has slipped away, made worse with Klopp leaving (which is rubbish in and of itself), and next season being a huge unknown. It'd be more palatable if we knew he was staying as this season has been a vast improvement from last and the hope would be to continue that.

I know come the summer things I'll look forward to the new season with excitement but everything's a bit of a downer at the moment :(
Former LFC Players / Re: Roberto Firmino
« Last post by stoa on Today at 04:59:37 pm »
Not a fan of the (almost) all white interior. Who wants to live like that? I mean, it looks great, if you're doing an MTV Cribs style shoot, but whenever you want to eat, drink or do something, you basically have to go outside to not have stains everywhere unless all you do is drink plain water all day long. I'd take the garage with the cars though... :D
Lmao that’s the spirit boys 😂😂

Frankly, it's a lot more fun than getting involved in pointless heated arguments about Nunez.

I've never been one to pin my hopes on other teams doing us favours so I won't be getting angsty about Brighton tonight either. Such a waste of energy.

Just going to keep dreaming while it's still mathematically possible!  ;D
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Last post by LiverBirdKop on Today at 04:59:02 pm »
😂

He literally reinvented the position.
He doesn't defend. He's not a complete player. A couple glaring instances last night that resulted in a goal (though not 100% his fault only).
Another one where he let his man go without even trying during a throw-in yesterday. He didn't even try.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)
« Last post by Knight on Today at 04:58:52 pm »
This hasn’t just been briefed. This is a long standing claim that is being regurgitated. No data person is going to brief they preferred Nkunku over Nunez to make themselves look good, Nkunku is in the premier league and is not doing well!
« Last post by LallanaInPyjamas on Today at 04:58:51 pm »
This is the crux of it for me.

Trent is easily our most talented footballer under 30.

But he provides a challenge/opportunity for a new manager. How did you maximise his immense of the ball skills whilst minimising some of his weaknesses. It’ll be one of the things that makes or breaks the next manager.

For sure.

Personally I think the answer is pretty obvious, or certainly worth trying at the very least. To use a Rodgerism, you flip the midfield and play him to the right of a natural holding midfielder. Then you can use someone like Mac Allister, Szob, or even Jones as a pressing #10, with Bradley providing natural width at right-back.
« Last post by bornandbRED on Today at 04:56:26 pm »
He won us the game on the weekend, and then put about 4 balls on a plate yesterday for Salah/Nunez, who proceeded to make a complete mess of them. Far from the problem.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)
« Last post by Draex on Today at 04:56:09 pm »
https://twitter.com/i/status/1783488705220477375

Forgot about this, literally got Macca and Van Dijk telling him where to pass and he loses the ball.

He needs a reset.
« Last post by Jookie on Today at 04:54:06 pm »
All I would say is that he's simply far too talented for us not to find a place for him in the side, even considering the potential imbalances he causes.

This is the crux of it for me.

Trent is easily our most talented footballer under 30.

But he provides a challenge/opportunity for a new manager. How did you maximise his immense of the ball skills whilst minimising some of his weaknesses. It’ll be one of the things that makes or breaks the next manager.
Media and Arts / Re: Music Association Game
« Last post by Saltashscouse on Today at 04:52:07 pm »
Where Are You Going - Dave Matthews Band
Going Underground - The Jam
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10