Author Topic: Members Sales  (Read 2096238 times)

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
Re: Members Sales
« Reply #14600 on: May 28, 2020, 11:29:08 am »
Wow, you're a lot younger than I thought then, haha.

Wish my hairline would tell the same story  ;D

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14601 on: May 28, 2020, 11:30:58 am »
Over 2 seasons looks to be the fairest on paper and can see it being the one they go with, doesn't help me at all BTW, being 1 game off would be a kick in the teeth but maybe its life trying to tell me something, if they do same with UCL I'd be very annoyed then, if I could stay on cup ladders it's at least some consolation
Glad someone else gets the 2 year thing to some extent!
CL really would not surprise me if they made it a guaranteed ACS doing it 10/10

Sure there'll be ways around everything when the new system is in and we're back to going to games again

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #14602 on: May 28, 2020, 11:37:28 am »
If we can only get to half the games next season and 3 of them are the ones done by the new ballot system I will be fuming! ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14603 on: May 28, 2020, 11:42:30 am »
I wonder if they will contact members/ season tickets/hospitality separately as opposed to each individual affected.  Can only think of bank transfer/ debit/credit card and finance as ways tickets were initially paid for.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14604 on: May 28, 2020, 11:46:02 am »
Have seen a few "I feel sorry for ones that have paid hundreds for tickets to touts as they'll not get their money back" type tweets the last few days. One from Australia saying they paid £4500 for 3 tickets to the Chelsea game to bring his two sons for a "once in a lifetime opportunity."
Cant say I've any sympathy for them. If you feed the touts then you get what you deserve.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14605 on: May 28, 2020, 11:49:08 am »
I wonder if they will contact members/ season tickets/hospitality separately as opposed to each individual affected.  Can only think of bank transfer/ debit/credit card and finance as ways tickets were initially paid for.

We will be contacting each affected ticket holder during the course of the next 14 days to provide more information on the refund process based on the category of ticket they have purchased.

That suggests to me they'll contact the name of the person on the ticket.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14606 on: May 28, 2020, 12:00:43 pm »
That suggests to me they'll contact the name of the person on the ticket.

That would be handy, would save those of us who buy for more than one person having to sort it all out. I've changed my credit card since the sales too so need them to update that for my refund.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14607 on: May 28, 2020, 12:24:26 pm »
That would be handy, would save those of us who buy for more than one person having to sort it all out. I've changed my credit card since the sales too so need them to update that for my refund.

Just personal preference, but I'd prefer them to contact the lead purchaser, ie me  :D I sort out the tickets for myself, my brother and 2 mates. Have done for years. Pisses me off when any of them have to be involved in anything  :D

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14608 on: May 28, 2020, 12:35:59 pm »
Just personal preference, but I'd prefer them to contact the lead purchaser, ie me  :D I sort out the tickets for myself, my brother and 2 mates. Have done for years. Pisses me off when any of them have to be involved in anything  :D

They will hopefully group each category of ticket holder separately and contact each category of ticket as opposed to every buyer individually

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14609 on: May 28, 2020, 12:39:05 pm »
They will hopefully group each category of ticket holder separately and contact each category of ticket as opposed to every buyer individually

I'd guess it'll be by email and fill in a form online or something.

Offline FTH

• Main Stander
« Reply #14610 on: May 28, 2020, 01:13:01 pm »
Have seen a few "I feel sorry for ones that have paid hundreds for tickets to touts as they'll not get their money back" type tweets the last few days. One from Australia saying they paid £4500 for 3 tickets to the Chelsea game to bring his two sons for a "once in a lifetime opportunity."
Cant say I've any sympathy for them. If you feed the touts then you get what you deserve.
Fuck them, hope it happens to more of them taking tickets out of deserving hands because they have disposable income and want a photo for the gram.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14611 on: May 28, 2020, 01:22:35 pm »
Fuck them, hope it happens to more of them taking tickets out of deserving hands because they have disposable income and want a photo for the gram.

Feel sorry for the kids because it's not their fault, but even then I can't abide their compo face stories in the papers

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14612 on: May 28, 2020, 01:55:08 pm »
Feel sorry for the kids because it's not their fault, but even then I can't abide their compo face stories in the papers

These particular 'kids' the youngest was 21
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 02:01:53 pm by Barneylfc∗ »

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14613 on: May 28, 2020, 01:58:07 pm »

Oh fuck them then

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14614 on: May 28, 2020, 02:25:00 pm »
'Authorised Ticket Reseller'  ::)

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14615 on: May 28, 2020, 02:25:12 pm »

Wish I was his version of "not rich" :P :'(

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14616 on: May 28, 2020, 02:25:21 pm »
The simple and fair way for the Club to decide which members can access the next 13+ sales, is to make them open to:

Members with 13+ credits in 2018/19 or 10+ credits in 2019/20.

Offline NeoAdjuvant

• Kopite
« Reply #14617 on: May 28, 2020, 02:44:51 pm »
The simple and fair way for the Club to decide which members can access the next 13+ sales, is to make them open to:

I like this idea (but I would, because it benefits me).

Absolute minefield! Maybe they'll just honour the credits even with the refunds as quite a few tickets in the late sales are season ticket returns?

:butt
But like the jet engine, there's sadly very little this country does better than having the raw materials to do something truly amazing that would benefit the whole of society only to piss it away due to a total lack of long term thinking and/or suspicion of anything European.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14618 on: May 28, 2020, 02:46:50 pm »
Very few ST returns for the last 4 games I'd imagine.

I'd imagine any ST 'returns' would be touted rather than given back to the club

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14619 on: May 28, 2020, 02:58:01 pm »

Guessing it’s stubhub

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #14620 on: May 28, 2020, 03:06:03 pm »

I'd imagine there would be too many people in these catagories to be able to guarantee them tickets.

Offline NeoAdjuvant

• Kopite
« Reply #14621 on: May 28, 2020, 03:11:32 pm »

Yeah, which means there wouldn't be many spares for those of us refreshing anyway. I completely understand the argument that people have regarding tickets they probably would have got a ticket for (I'm in that category), but from the club's point of view it's much easier to make a decision about tickets that have already been sold as opposed to ones that might have been sold.

I don't really know why I'm continuing to wind myself up about this. Maybe I'll kid myself that the club will communicate something as part of this refund process. Gives me something to cling on to I suppose.
But like the jet engine, there's sadly very little this country does better than having the raw materials to do something truly amazing that would benefit the whole of society only to piss it away due to a total lack of long term thinking and/or suspicion of anything European.

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14622 on: May 28, 2020, 03:58:38 pm »

If he paid by credit card he will get his money back if it was a proper broker not a guy chancing his arm who would of been paid by bank transfer.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #14623 on: May 28, 2020, 04:32:10 pm »
Glad someone else gets the 2 year thing to some extent!
CL really would not surprise me if they made it a guaranteed ACS doing it 10/10

Sure there'll be ways around everything when the new system is in and we're back to going to games again
There's no genuine reason to change the UCL loyalty unless your making a wholesale change to the loyalty system, if I lost out on UCL as well as not getting to the guaranteed number, devastating really. 2 seasons for the league makes the most sense though given the circumstances

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14624 on: May 28, 2020, 04:33:40 pm »

could say that for the last 2 years with the way we've been playing, they would've been some returns for Burnley at least

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14625 on: May 28, 2020, 04:34:50 pm »

if the numbers allow its the easiest and clearly fairest thing to do but we just don't know the numbers at all

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14626 on: May 28, 2020, 04:52:18 pm »
could say that for the last 2 years with the way we've been playing, they would've been some returns for Burnley at least

Bit different if the game could be a title clincher. I know there were spares knocking about for Wolves last season, but even that game the likelihood of winning the league was slim.

Was that Burnley game on a Monday night, I can't remember?

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #14627 on: May 28, 2020, 05:14:57 pm »

Absolute minefield! Maybe they'll just honour the credits even with the refunds as quite a few tickets in the late sales are season ticket returns?

But for those "hopsitality" credits that hadn't yet been added... would mean they either add them retrospectively or discredit them
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14628 on: May 28, 2020, 05:34:24 pm »
Bit different if the game could be a title clincher. I know there were spares knocking about for Wolves last season, but even that game the likelihood of winning the league was slim.

Was that Burnley game on a Monday night, I can't remember?
we needed 2 wins from everton Palace City villa Brighton, Burnley was not gonna be the clincher unless things went really bad, even if the other 3 games were important, they're would've been returns for Burnley, was lunchtime on the Saturday but I've done this long enough to know lol

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14629 on: May 28, 2020, 05:48:33 pm »

Is it really that much of a minefield though or is it being over thought due to everyone’s self interest?

The last four games aren’t going to be played with fans, how can you possibly count the credits? There’s just far too many ifs and buts around it. The club just need to act like it’s a 15 home game season and take it from there.

Whatever the magic number is for the next guaranteed sale, (whenever that might be) the concept will remain the same surely. Around 5,000 tickets available in the guaranteed sale, so the number eligible and the cut off point will be defined by that.

Or is that too simple a way of looking at it?
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14630 on: May 28, 2020, 05:55:58 pm »
Is it really that much of a minefield though or is it being over thought due to everyone’s self interest?

The last four games aren’t going to be played with fans, how can you possibly count the credits? There’s just far too many ifs and buts around it. The club just need to act like it’s a 15 home game season and take it from there.

Whatever the magic number is for the next guaranteed sale, (whenever that might be) the concept will remain the same surely. Around 5,000 tickets available in the guaranteed sale, so the number eligible and the cut off point will be defined by that.

Or is that too simple a way of looking at it?
it's the easiest way of looking at it, the issue people seem to have is if the number was 11 (for example) then people on 9 and 10 have an argument they could've got the last 4 games, but the chances of getting all 4 games are slim compared to getting just 1 for example. Also you have people who could have 13 including the last 4 games but now have 9 and miss out even tho technically they reached 13. But yes for me the easiest solution is take it as 15 game season and work it out from there. Changing the loyalty to 2 years isn't really fair even if that system is fairer than the one in place, if you understand what I mean

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14631 on: May 28, 2020, 06:08:37 pm »
we needed 2 wins from everton Palace City villa Brighton, Burnley was not gonna be the clincher unless things went really bad, even if the other 3 games were important, they're would've been returns for Burnley, was lunchtime on the Saturday but I've done this long enough to know lol

We were in shite form tbf. Lost 3 of our last 4 or something didn't we?

EDIT: just checked. Lost 4 of last 6
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 06:11:47 pm by scouser102002 »

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14632 on: May 28, 2020, 06:12:38 pm »

of course but City would've had to win some tough fixtures too, it was very unlikely it would've meant anything

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #14633 on: May 28, 2020, 06:47:48 pm »
It would be interesting if fans were able to attend matches mid way through next season...no idea how priority would work then.

Over the years I’ve been to 8-15 league matches. On 8 this season so that’s me in the ballot whenever it starts. As long as I am guaranteed for Europe I’ll take whatever I can in the league.

Wrong thread but it’s a good time once staff return for the club to start the Season Ticket Holder update and sift out the touts.

Offline lucho07072016

• Main Stander
« Reply #14634 on: May 28, 2020, 06:58:25 pm »
My expectation is the club will go off the games that have been played with supporters when deciding future credits & just work out the numbers pro rata'd to what they would have been should 19 have been played.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14635 on: May 28, 2020, 09:28:13 pm »

Bar City, we dont have anyone of the calibre of Atletico left. Even at that, you could argue we won the second leg (given that league games don't go to extra time).
We also played a very weakened team against Chelsea in the cup. 6 of the starting 11 there aren't in contention for a starting spot in the majority of games.
No excuse for getting dicked by Watford though.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14636 on: May 29, 2020, 06:54:43 am »

Too many will have 10 credits, that's the issue

The if you went for just the previous season you'd be shafting the people who got 12 last year and 15/15 so far this year... would need to be a combination of total credits over 2 years
Same goes with saying anyone who has over 13 attended this year should be guaranteed

Anyway, at least the ticket office will have had a 3 month holiday in the sun to relax before the shit show they come back to

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14637 on: May 29, 2020, 06:55:36 am »
There's no genuine reason to change the UCL loyalty unless your making a wholesale change to the loyalty system, if I lost out on UCL as well as not getting to the guaranteed number, devastating really. 2 seasons for the league makes the most sense though given the circumstances

They want to make ACS a guaranteed thing, wont be able to do that with 4 games unless they said you need to have been in the ACS already not just attended 4/4

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14638 on: May 29, 2020, 03:05:52 pm »
PL CEO says fans will come back on a phased basis. So that complicates things even further.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14639 on: May 29, 2020, 03:07:08 pm »
PL CEO says fans will come back on a phased basis. So that complicates things even further.

As members it won't make things much different

what is there 26/29k ST holders plus 5k hospo seasons??