The Liverpool FC Forum > Anfield Stadium

Anfield not on FA 2028 for Euro's Shortlist

<< < (5/5)

Crosby Nick:

--- Quote from: rob1966 on November 16, 2022, 10:16:31 pm ---Because technically it isn't, its in Trafford, which isn't in the City of Manchester.  There is actually only one club in Manchester ;D

Keep telling my missus she's not a real Manc as she was born in Trafford General, as was one of my kids, the other has Salford on his passport.

--- End quote ---

I know that. But normally they’ll claim any part of Greater Manchester as their own so seems weird not to have it listed as Manchester on what’s presumably the official bid.

With the exception of London, but crap to have more than one stadium from the same city.

rob1966:

--- Quote from: Crosby Nick on November 16, 2022, 10:38:28 pm ---I know that. But normally they’ll claim any part of Greater Manchester as their own so seems weird not to have it listed as Manchester on what’s presumably the official bid.

With the exception of London, but crap to have more than one stadium from the same city.

--- End quote ---

The local MP is stepping down and becoming Deputy Mayor, the head of Trafford Council is standing in the By Election, so he might be trying to get Trafford on the map ;D

So… Howard Philips:

--- Quote from: Barneylfc∗ on November 16, 2022, 09:41:34 pm --- :shocked Third biggest stadium in Europe. Most famous stadium in Ireland.
I find it amusing that Casement Park is on there but Windsor Park isn't. Some will be bitter as fuck about that  :D

--- End quote ---

Just realised the significance of Casement being selected over Windsor. : ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version