The Liverpool FC Forum > The History Board - 1892 to 1994

Liverpool's lucky 13th - 1981/82 season...

<< < (4/4)

Barrow Shaun:
Thanks for this. My first season where the whole league table made sense and when my full geekdom kicked in. Was under the kitchen table with the lights off and the radio for that 1-0 at Old Trafford.

Black Bull Nova:

--- Quote from: rob1966 on July 25, 2022, 05:28:11 pm ---My fave memory of Avi is him scoring an OG to put Villa level at 1-1 and then scoring his first goal in front of the Kop to put us 2-1 up and us winning the game 4-1 and therefore the league.

--- End quote ---

yeah, I was there as well, Villa were far more than decent (they won the league the next year and were european champions in 1982). I think that was Avi's only goal and what a big one as it could have easily been United winning the league without that.

Stubbins:

--- Quote from: storkfoot on July 25, 2022, 07:01:35 pm ---Thanks for this. I went to nearly every game, home and away, that season. Highlight was the win at Old Trafford. Lowlight was throwing away a 3-1 lead at Brighton in the last 12 minutes.  It threw it down all day and, to this day, I regret not saying hello to John Peel who I saw on the terraces whilst entering the ground.

The last away at Middlesbrough was memorable for, shall we say, differing reasons both inside and outside the ground.

--- End quote ---

John Peel regularly attended our games in those days didn't he. Saw him in the Park on one occasion.

Middlesbrough away was always a bundle of laughs. Seemed to play them towards the end of the season most years and often midweek. Stuck in that small, open corner of the ground, behind all that mesh fencing and a long trek back to the relative sanctuary of the station after the match.

oojason:

Thanks for all the kinds words everyone - they are very much appreciated :wave

If anyone knows of a quality video or article I've missed out, and would like to see it included in the above 81/82 post (or any of these 'older title' threads), just let me know and I'll add it.

--- Quote from: MNAA on July 25, 2022, 04:04:16 pm ---Incredible. This is wonderful. 1981-82 is my favourite season of all seasons. The change of guards. The emergence and rise of Rush, Whelan, Lawrenson, Grobbelaar and Johnston. Souness being made captain. And most of all, the genius of Bob Paisley was on display for all to see

One small disappointment - there was no clip for the turnaround game - the 4-0 FA Cup 3rd Round win at Swansea

--- End quote ---

I recently found and added a video for it mate ;D  (the fantastic Dave Waller posted a video of it a week or so ago on his quality youtube channel)

oojason:

'Rush Scored Four' : LFCTV's new 30 minute documentary - www.liverpoolfc.com/news/rush-scored-four-watch-lfctvs-new-documentary (on LFC TV and LFCTV Go)

'LFCTV has launched a new, original documentary to mark the 40th anniversary of Liverpool's famous 5-0 victory over Everton at Goodison Park.'

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version