Author Topic: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)  (Read 996046 times)

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Welcome Darwin Núñez !!!
« Reply #4680 on: November 15, 2022, 12:54:33 pm »
The boy is class, no doubt about it.

Might be old, but what the fuck is npxg? No problem expected goals? Nitro Propelled? Gots me all confuzzled these things...

New Politik Xylophone Gang.

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4681 on: November 15, 2022, 02:10:26 pm »
New Politik Xylophone Gang.

Their latest album is shite compared to the earlier ones ;D
@Yvanicuzz

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4682 on: November 15, 2022, 02:12:57 pm »
Our flying Winger lads.  ;D

Darwin Núnez will wear no.11 at the World Cup for Uruguay.

Offline Saus76

• Complete and utter embarrassment
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4683 on: November 15, 2022, 05:09:32 pm »
50/1 to be top scorer in the world cup. Get on it lads.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #4684 on: November 15, 2022, 05:24:00 pm »

uruguay though?
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Saus76

• Complete and utter embarrassment
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #4685 on: November 15, 2022, 05:43:44 pm »
uruguay though?

Worth a fiver punt. Ghana and South Korea are in the same group.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #4686 on: November 15, 2022, 06:26:41 pm »
uruguay though?

It's the balance in the attack as much as anything, trying to shoehorn Suarez and Cavani in (both 35) and he's shunted wide.

He's the future of their attack but it might be a tournament too early. He's only scored 3 goals  for them, he'll need to probably double that to win the golden boot.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #4687 on: November 15, 2022, 06:51:24 pm »
<a href="https://youtube.com/v/1NPDvkUQBgc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/1NPDvkUQBgc</a>

Should let him take the odd corner! Even better than Aspas.

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #4688 on: November 15, 2022, 08:23:24 pm »
There are always comparisons with footballers. Darwin reminds me a bit of Philippo Inzaghi at times but he seems to be getting better at the other things. Maybe he has it all. 
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline PaddyPaned

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4689 on: November 15, 2022, 10:55:05 pm »
There are always comparisons with footballers. Darwin reminds me a bit of Philippo Inzaghi at times but he seems to be getting better at the other things. Maybe he has it all.

I don’t even think he knows what kind of player he’s going to be. Could be a great, could be a flop, could be anything in between. Should be a fun ride though. His goal contribution stats are already quite formidable.

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4690 on: November 16, 2022, 01:07:04 am »
could be a flop

How...people saying hes been "struggling" even and not hitting his "top form" yet and he is still putting up ludicrous numbers. For him to flop at this stage something massively drastic would have to happen cause even if he "just maintains" these numbers he would put up ridiculous numbers already.

I dont see a world where he flops

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4691 on: November 16, 2022, 07:05:18 am »
How...people saying hes been "struggling" even and not hitting his "top form" yet and he is still putting up ludicrous numbers. For him to flop at this stage something massively drastic would have to happen cause even if he "just maintains" these numbers he would put up ridiculous numbers already.

Absolutely zero evidence of him being a flop. He's electric and he/we are still learning how he works in our team properly, while he's causing chaos for the opposition and scoring plenty of goals while he's at it.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline G1-tiga

• Kopite
« Reply #4692 on: November 16, 2022, 07:48:08 am »

Ahead of you there, managed to get it at 60/1! Worth a quid that!

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4693 on: November 16, 2022, 09:50:07 am »

Only way he would be a flop was if he had the mental issues that Collymore had, Stan should have been an LFC great, he was that good. From the outside, Darwin looks very happy and settled.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #4694 on: November 16, 2022, 10:04:03 am »
Only way he would be a flop was if he had the mental issues that Collymore had, Stan should have been an LFC great, he was that good. From the outside, Darwin looks very happy and settled.

Agree completely about Collymore. He had everything needed to become a legend, alongside Fowler.

Unfortunately he didn’t have the mental strength.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4695 on: November 16, 2022, 10:12:02 am »
Agree completely about Collymore. He had everything needed to become a legend, alongside Fowler.

Unfortunately he didn’t have the mental strength.

If you never saw Stan play and just read the revisionist media narrative, you'd think he was shite, but watching him, he had it all. Knew he was quality when he was at Forest and I was Upper Centenary for his debut v Sheff Wed and got a great view of the curl of the ball for his first goal for us, great debut goal. Darwin is getting the same shite from people who have an agenda, us who watch him already know he's top class
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #4696 on: November 16, 2022, 10:16:01 am »
If you never saw Stan play and just read the revisionist media narrative, you'd think he was shite, but watching him, he had it all. Knew he was quality when he was at Forest and I was Upper Centenary for his debut v Sheff Wed and got a great view of the curl of the ball for his first goal for us, great debut goal. Darwin is getting the same shite from people who have an agenda, us who watch him already know he's top class

I remember Collymore saying, to the effect, that Roy Evans had spent a fortune on him yet didn’t seem to know how to get the best out of him.

Collymore got stick for that and that seemed to be the start of the campaign against him.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4697 on: November 16, 2022, 10:22:23 am »
I remember Collymore saying, to the effect, that Roy Evans had spent a fortune on him yet didn’t seem to know how to get the best out of him.

Collymore got stick for that and that seemed to be the start of the campaign against him.

Roys daughter did though ;)

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4698 on: November 16, 2022, 11:55:10 am »
Funny really, he looks a better player than Haaland but then Haaland is an extremely good 'goal hanger' and I suppose that matters most in the world of football

Haaland has probably the best movement of any number 9 in the world, incredible acceleration and speed, can finish left foot, right foot and head, is powerful when holding off a defender, produces remarkably acrobatic finishes when necessary and doesn't get flustered if he's not a part of the game by touching the ball regularly. If that's what you define as goalhanging, then yeah, he's brilliant at it.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4699 on: November 16, 2022, 12:19:08 pm »

Me too, upper centenary a bit towards kop, near front, chopped it back onto his left and curled it into the Anny Rd goal 1-0. Was a cracking player to watch, had it all. But I loved the way he'd peel wide, either side and deliver cracking crosses with either foot.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4700 on: November 16, 2022, 02:32:51 pm »

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4701 on: November 16, 2022, 02:35:35 pm »
^ is that a bong?
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #4702 on: November 16, 2022, 02:36:20 pm »

Offline liverbloke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4703 on: November 16, 2022, 02:45:33 pm »

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #4704 on: November 16, 2022, 02:48:04 pm »
cheers 'mate'  :wave

Hehe no problem :)

Wife's friend dated a brazilian guy so saw them all over the place. Although to be fair he did have a few bongs there as well.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #4705 on: November 16, 2022, 05:01:13 pm »

Was also in the Upper Centenary for the Wednesday game. I remember the Wednesday fans were chanting 'what a waste of money' just before he banged that cracking winner in. He had genuine talent but looked lost at times.

I mentioned Collymore a few pages back as we signed him hoping we were getting the new Shearer (British transfer record at the time) and then the same with Andy Carroll. For different reasons neither player had the mentality to succeed here. Collymore also a victim of his time. Mental health provision is a lot better these days than it was then.

With Nunez nothing seems to be missing really and he's got the right manager.

Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #4706 on: November 16, 2022, 06:54:23 pm »

Collymore and Fowlers goals and assists together that season was pretty remarkable.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4707 on: November 16, 2022, 07:19:06 pm »

Collymore was a wasted talent that's for sure. He had everything in his locker to be a world class player, but sadly it quite often stayed in the locker. His mental health issues only came to light many years later, so it makes you wonder how much of an impact this may have had on some of his below par performances.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #4708 on: November 16, 2022, 09:55:14 pm »
With most failed signings you can see what LFC was going for, but Carroll was just a donkey.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4709 on: November 16, 2022, 10:19:23 pm »
Collymore was a wasted talent that's for sure. He had everything in his locker to be a world class player, but sadly it quite often stayed in the locker. His mental health issues only came to light many years later, so it makes you wonder how much of an impact this may have had on some of his below par performances.

I think it played a big part in his below par performances.

Collymore and Fowlers goals and assists together that season was pretty remarkable.

They were excellent together. I said the other day, that ball Darwin put in from the left for Mo reminded me of Stan and God in 96. Nunez and Mo can be a better version of those two in that season.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4710 on: November 16, 2022, 11:53:05 pm »
Collymore was a real talent but I hate the bloke & not because of football or that he twatted his Mrs (I'd hate him for that anyway) but because he promised a close friend of mine help with his mental health,then fucking Ghosted him,all he wanted was contacts and you can imagine what it did to him.

He's a fucking cockroach.

My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4711 on: November 17, 2022, 09:15:04 am »
DARWIN DARWIN NUNEZ
YNWA.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4712 on: November 24, 2022, 10:01:05 am »
Today's the day a whole new brand of chaos hits the world cup and I for one can't wait.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4713 on: November 24, 2022, 10:13:47 am »
Hope he bangs in 20 goals in the world cup.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4714 on: November 24, 2022, 10:15:48 am »
Hope that they go out early, he scores lots of goals regardless, and doesn't pick up an injury.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4715 on: November 24, 2022, 10:16:43 am »
Hope that they go out early, he scores lots of goals regardless, and doesn't pick up an injury.

Fuck that, I hope he comes back a world cup winner and top scorer, and doesn't pick up an injury.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4716 on: November 24, 2022, 10:32:38 am »
Fuck that, I hope he comes back a world cup winner and top scorer, and doesn't pick up an injury.

I suppose I could live with that.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #4717 on: November 24, 2022, 12:22:22 pm »
Think he’s worth a punt for top goalscorer.

Offline Skagger

• Main Stander
« Reply #4718 on: November 24, 2022, 05:41:46 pm »

Agreed, I rarely bet on the footie but backed him at 33 and that and Uruguay to win at 250, £15 returns £1600, going to double down now the odds will be longer.

He's a proper talent already, love watching him play
Henderson has been very good in patches and if he had the confidence of Shelvey he would be some player.
Shame how it ended, hell of a ride though.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #4719 on: November 24, 2022, 07:16:10 pm »
Nah, Uruguay wont go far and they play very defensively