Author Topic: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)  (Read 982009 times)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Re: Welcome Darwin Núñez !!!
« Reply #320 on: June 17, 2022, 12:41:45 pm »
In relation to Keita, most people who understand football know he isn't a starting quality midfielder for a team chasing titles. The best places to find neutral opinions regarding Liverpool's players is other teams forums. You'll find the majority don't rate him at all. Weak in the tackle, no incisive passing, no pace, no aggression, dreadful shooting technique (other than the left foot worldly at Anfield that any professional footballer can pull out on occasion), injury prone. A good enough squad player, but for over 50M you expect far more. Having said all this, I'd rather him stay in the squad than Oxlade.

In relation to Nunez, ask any Benfica fan and they'll say they've absolutely robbed us. It's widely know that they thought his first season for them was rubbish and that he didn't even improve as a player in his second season; his goals just covered over his deficiencies. Like I said before, I would love to be proven wrong because I've been a Liverpool fan for twenty years. But I just can't see this transfer working. I'm calling it now, he's another Luka Jovic.
Yet our resident Benfica fan (Heroisdomar) would seem to disagree with pretty much everything you've said. 🤔
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #321 on: June 17, 2022, 12:44:48 pm »
In relation to Keita, most people who understand football know he isn't a starting quality midfielder for a team chasing titles. The best places to find neutral opinions regarding Liverpool's players is other teams forums. You'll find the majority don't rate him at all. Weak in the tackle, no incisive passing, no pace, no aggression, dreadful shooting technique (other than the left foot worldly at Anfield that any professional footballer can pull out on occasion), injury prone. A good enough squad player, but for over 50M you expect far more. Having said all this, I'd rather him stay in the squad than Oxlade.

In relation to Nunez, ask any Benfica fan and they'll say they've absolutely robbed us. It's widely know that they thought his first season for them was rubbish and that he didn't even improve as a player in his second season; his goals just covered over his deficiencies. Like I said before, I would love to be proven wrong because I've been a Liverpool fan for twenty years. But I just can't see this transfer working. I'm calling it now, he's another Luka Jovic.

Best thing i've read all year!!!

You could make an amazing greatest hits compilation of quotes about Liverpool players from opposition sides forums

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #322 on: June 17, 2022, 12:46:04 pm »
Yet our resident Benfica fan (Heroisdomar) would seem to disagree with pretty much everything you've said. 🤔

The troll obviously hasn't seen Heros post ;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #323 on: June 17, 2022, 12:50:04 pm »
Best thing i've read all year!!!

You could make an amazing greatest hits compilation of quotes about Liverpool players from opposition sides forums

Trent can’t defend, who is Matip, Alisson isn’t as good as ‘insert about 10 other goalies names here’, Keita is rubbish and a waste of money, Hendo can only pass sideweays, Milner is 80 years old, Thiago is passed it, Firmino never scores, Salah isn’t as good as you think he is, Diaz and Nunez come from a rubbish league and therefore aren’t very good.

All I can deduce from that is that Kloppo is the greatest coach in the world to get that bunch of missfits to win so much. Oh wait, Klopp’s rubbish too and is just a big personality with great hugs. 

I don’t know how we did it.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: June 17, 2022, 12:52:26 pm »

great! you've decided to bring facts into this. Fucking wonderful!

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: June 17, 2022, 12:56:11 pm »
Forget all the arguing tell me more about the pastries...

The best place to learn about Portuguese pastries are other counties bakeries.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: June 17, 2022, 01:02:29 pm »
The best place to learn about Portuguese pastries are other counties bakeries.

they are neutral - so I guess a swiss chocolatier maybe

Offline Kloppage Time

• Anny Roader
  • ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
« Reply #327 on: June 17, 2022, 01:08:10 pm »

Does being "a fan for twenty years" make you 20 years old? just wondering
Anyone can have a good day, but you have to be able to perform on a bad day.

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #328 on: June 17, 2022, 01:09:32 pm »
Amelioration is clearly a Utd fan. They've all been spouting similar guff on Twitter since the moment it became clear Nunez wanted to join us and not them.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: June 17, 2022, 01:14:21 pm »
Amelioration is clearly a Utd fan. They've all been spouting similar guff on Twitter since the moment it became clear Nunez wanted to join us and not them.

could be one of those odd Liverpool "fans" that post more on RedCafe than anywhere else - and kiss the Manc's asses all the time by agreeing with them and putting the team they allegedly "support" down whenever needed.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #330 on: June 17, 2022, 01:17:51 pm »
:lmao

Bastion of Amelioration is holding forth...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: June 17, 2022, 01:24:33 pm »
they are neutral - so I guess a swiss chocolatier maybe

Hazelnut croissants are the best. And I say that as someone who posts on non-croissant related forums. So my opinion on it is the best.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: June 17, 2022, 01:49:20 pm »
Hazelnut croissants are the best. And I say that as someone who posts on non-croissant related forums. So my opinion on it is the best.

Biased much? Someone named Hazell likes Hazelnut croissants? Pfffft....

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: June 17, 2022, 01:52:44 pm »
An entirely unscientific sample of one person but I was in London at the weekend wearing my commemorative FA Cup t-shirt (as you do!) and a Benfica fan came up to me.  At that point the transfer wasn't confirmed but he seemed sure it was happening and was raving about what a good player Darwin is.

He then started on about the non-penalty incident with Virgil so I made my excuses and left.

Klopp did go to lengths to point out that there was work to do with Darwin and that the player himself had said as much.  I certainly don't think we should expect a season like Salah's first with us but there will be games where his style will definitely make a positive difference.

Offline rhysd

• Kopite
  • Igor
« Reply #334 on: June 17, 2022, 02:08:43 pm »

Oh come on, you could hide it a little better than this.

Pure wummery.
20 and 7

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: June 17, 2022, 02:11:25 pm »

They're finished croissants. Almond all the way.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: June 17, 2022, 02:14:41 pm »

If you went by other teams forums then Trent would have been sold 3 years ago for £5m.

Also Bobby and Henderson have never been any good and we might as well sell the whole team apart from Virgil and Salah.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: June 17, 2022, 02:19:47 pm »
If you went by other teams forums then Trent would have been sold 3 years ago for £5m.

Also Bobby and Henderson have never been any good and we might as well sell the whole team apart from Virgil and Salah.

Salah is a one-year wonder. We should have sold.

VVD is massively overrated - Maguire is just as good!

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: June 17, 2022, 02:56:08 pm »
Biased much? Someone named Hazell likes Hazelnut croissants? Pfffft....

:D

They're finished croissants. Almond all the way.

Weirdo.

Offline Vote For Pedro

• "Kay-bye!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: June 17, 2022, 02:56:37 pm »

Apparently it was something to do with inhalers  :o

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: June 17, 2022, 03:23:55 pm »

I hope they’re offering refunds on Darwin 27 merchandise. Surely he takes no 10 now.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #341 on: June 17, 2022, 03:24:54 pm »
I hope they’re offering refunds on Darwin 27 merchandise. Surely he takes no 10 now.

Wore number 9 for Benfica no?  Likely be happy with 27 in that case. Also, 27 for Liverpool is now iconic, so it’s a cool choice  8)

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: June 17, 2022, 03:43:41 pm »

Carvalho.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: June 17, 2022, 03:48:19 pm »

Why don’t you post on your own clubs fan forum(s). It’s quite sad mate that the Nunez transfer has triggered you like this and you’re trying to convince Liverpool fans that Nunez is shit.

The club have been tracking him since 2015... they spend a fortune on recruitment these days.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: June 17, 2022, 06:03:17 pm »
Why don’t you post on your own clubs fan forum(s). It’s quite sad mate that the Nunez transfer has triggered you like this and you’re trying to convince Liverpool fans that Nunez is shit.

The club have been tracking him since 2015... they spend a fortune on recruitment these days.

And unlike the Mancs, we actually know what we are doing ;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #345 on: June 17, 2022, 06:18:34 pm »
Has Bastion of Invincibility tried to 'ameliorate' his negative standing here with a sock puppet? Similar posting styles and all that...
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: June 17, 2022, 06:20:41 pm »
Have seen social media awash with "Nunez will flop" type crap over the past 2 days, like the planet suddenly becomes flooded with expert talent spotters or some such. Literally the fleas of the internet, pointless and factless smear, based on a slightly higher fee we have paid. If Nunez was £40m then noone would be saying anything. Literally baffling how people think.

He will have great games and the odd bad game, every player does.

As long as he doesn't have an injury that compromises his pace, he won't flop. Players with his desire, workrate and physicality don't flop, at worst they may not justify the outlay, give a lower return, eg Kuyt.

The issue is you pay more to improve your odds of something succeeding, to lower your risk. From limited viewing, as a footballer, his career at the very top clubs ends with such an injury ( as did Benteke's), as he doesn't have the quality as a player to survive off his technical level alone. In terms of his intensity, there is work to do, to fine-tune that intensity, game management, decision-making. He's got calm finishing and decent movement in the box.

Klopp put it best, he's a work in progress. With the tools, barring injury, to contribute now while the coaching takes effect. Feels like paying Torres money for Babel, but the coaching staff have earned the credit to make that call, and iirc Klop has a stronger say in the recruitment team with his new contract.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #347 on: June 17, 2022, 06:22:21 pm »
Win is his middle name. Dunno why his parents named him Dar though.
Dar Win can mean "To Give Win" or "Giving Win" in Spanglish. His parents must have known he would join us and take us to trophy success
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: June 17, 2022, 07:39:56 pm »
As long as he doesn't have an injury that compromises his pace, he won't flop. Players with his desire, workrate and physicality don't flop, at worst they may not justify the outlay, give a lower return, eg Kuyt.

The issue is you pay more to improve your odds of something succeeding, to lower your risk. From limited viewing, as a footballer, his career at the very top clubs ends with such an injury ( as did Benteke's), as he doesn't have the quality as a player to survive off his technical level alone. In terms of his intensity, there is work to do, to fine-tune that intensity, game management, decision-making. He's got calm finishing and decent movement in the box.

Klopp put it best, he's a work in progress. With the tools, barring injury, to contribute now while the coaching takes effect. Feels like paying Torres money for Babel, but the coaching staff have earned the credit to make that call, and iirc Klop has a stronger say in the recruitment team with his new contract.

We've been tracking him for years and Klopp knows whether or not he can push on and he must have 100% belief he will, considering the money we have dropped to sign the lad. Suarez is claiming he told Barca to sign him when he was at Almeria, Luis will have seen him up close and knows how good the lad is.

Really cannot wait to see him in a Liverpool shirt.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: June 17, 2022, 08:00:05 pm »
We've been tracking him for years and Klopp knows whether or not he can push on and he must have 100% belief he will, considering the money we have dropped to sign the lad. Suarez is claiming he told Barca to sign him when he was at Almeria, Luis will have seen him up close and knows how good the lad is.

Really cannot wait to see him in a Liverpool shirt.

The other fans are really desperate for this to fail - text earlier today from a group chat = "Can't get transfers 100%"

Offline Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: June 17, 2022, 10:00:08 pm »
Scoring past Premier League defences will be easy after facing VVD and Konate in training

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: June 17, 2022, 10:05:26 pm »

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: June 17, 2022, 10:08:51 pm »
Scoring past Premier League defences will be easy after facing VVD and Konate in training

Had no problem doing it to them in the CL  ;)

Offline Red Giant

• da red giant asshole
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #353 on: June 17, 2022, 11:39:17 pm »
If Mane goes, I think there is a good chance that Mo takes number 10.
So 11 will go to Diaz or Nunez presumably...

Offline Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: June 18, 2022, 01:06:32 am »
Since we were seriously linked with signing him I've been watching a lot of extended highlights of his games in addition to watching the two games he played against us live. As Klopp says definitely not the finished article (sometimes his passing and first touch were a little off but nowhere near as bad as rival fans would like to believe, most misplaced passes were infact long balls as opposed to short 5-10 yard passes) and I've seen enough that I'm confident in saying he will at least be a 7/10 signing he's too good of a natural finisher not to score goals if given good service (he's better than Jota who IMO is the most natural finisher in the squad) and he's quick and strong so will be able to create a fair few chances for himself as well as put himself in good positions for service to arrive.

How high is ceiling will be is anybody's guess but just from my limited viewing we're on to a winner.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2022, 01:10:05 am by Shankly998 »

Online Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #355 on: June 18, 2022, 01:28:21 am »
How high is ceiling will be is anybody's guess
I'd say at least 6'2'', but probably a fair bit more

Offline BriarcliffInmate

• Kemlynite
  • I like football the way I like my politics: Red.
    • Radical Red Review
« Reply #356 on: June 18, 2022, 03:29:49 am »

Nurse! Another one got out of Blue Moon!

Seriously though, even if you aren't a WUM, your opinion is worthless. Maybe Benfica fans think they rinsed us, but so did Wolves fans for Jota, and Southampton fans for Virgil, and Hull fans for Robbo. They all turned out pretty well, I'd say!

Now, what could be the reason that these players were unvalued at their old clubs but turned into absolute monsters at Liverpool? Well, either they all just love living so close to the North West's 2nd largest airport, or it's the world class coaching, facilities and teammates.

Maybe Benfica have rinsed us for Nunez, we won't know until pre-season. But considering Klopp's track record, I'd be amazed. He did once pluck a young striker out of obscurity in the Polish league, and that went quite well for all involved...
"This club has been my life. I’d go out and sweep the street and be proud to do it for Liverpool FC if they asked me to." - Bob Paisley

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: June 18, 2022, 04:24:20 am »
cant wait to see him in preseason. he brings options in attack and maybe key to our evolution.

any change that he will at least make an appearance in the fulham game or maybe he have a brilliant pre season just like aspas and starts. ;D

Offline frodly

• Boys Pen
« Reply #358 on: June 18, 2022, 05:02:30 am »
Trent can’t defend, who is Matip, Alisson isn’t as good as ‘insert about 10 other goalies names here’, Keita is rubbish and a waste of money, Hendo can only pass sideweays, Milner is 80 years old, Thiago is passed it, Firmino never scores, Salah isn’t as good as you think he is, Diaz and Nunez come from a rubbish league and therefore aren’t very good.

All I can deduce from that is that Kloppo is the greatest coach in the world to get that bunch of missfits to win so much. Oh wait, Klopp’s rubbish too and is just a big personality with great hugs. 

Back when we were signing the likes of Andy Carrol and Stewart Downing, I had strong opinions about transfers. Now we get just about every transfer right and we’re managed by Jurgen Klopp. I know for an absolute certainty he knows more about football than I do, so whenever we sign a new player, I have enormous faith they’ll be a success. One average signing in 7 years (Keita) does nothing to undermine that faith.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2022, 05:04:23 am by frodly »

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #359 on: June 18, 2022, 07:50:59 am »
Must admit, as someone who only watches our games, I'd never heard of him up until a fortnight ago. I vaguely remember him being a bit of a pain in the arse against us in the CL, but mainly me not taking well to his man-bun. I've watched a few montages and must admit I'm not particularily blown away by them - like I have been in Haaland ones. But the luxury I have is that if it's someone that Klopp wants, then I'm all in. Long gone are the days when we just lumped money on semi-talented players to appear that we were competing with the big boys. Looking forward to see him progress.