The Liverpool FC Forum > Liverpool FC Forum

Welcome Darwin Nez !!!

<< < (488/947) > >>

killer-heels:

--- Quote from: paddysour on October  1, 2022, 09:40:16 pm ---That's the frustrating thing though, we didn't need an expensive project forward. That money could have solved our real problems. 

--- End quote ---

If our transfer team believe he is good enough, then he is good enough. He may of not started well but he will come good, because we dont sign dud players.

It could harm us in the short term but we need as many good players for the long term as possible.

Nick110581:

--- Quote from: paddysour on October  1, 2022, 06:09:07 pm ---It's exactly this. The guy seems like a nice lad, and he is definitely talented.

However, we spunked world class money on a project player. That's the frustration. We were very close to a quadruple last season, something this country has never seen. We needed a finishing touch, something to squeeze us over the edge. We had a huge budget for that player. When we've did this in the past we grabbed an Alisson or VVD, ceiling raisers who were world class from day 1.

This time we went for a raw player from a poor quality league, in a position that wasn't urgent. It's one of the most baffling decisions I've seen us make, so it's no wonder people are incredibly frustrated with the whole thing. We tried to do the right thing with Tchoumeni, but it seems we lost our heads when he turned us down and Bellingham wasn't available.

The fact Klopp obviously doesn't fancy him says it all. 2 down today early on and he doesn't get a sniff until the last few minutes, the manager was terrified of bringing him on while we led because he can't be trusted to hold onto the ball. He can't be impressing much in training.

Heads will roll for this decision if he doesn't completely transform by end of season. There's people here saying 15 goals by season end will be good enough. Lukaku has an incredible CV, scored 15 goals last season after a similar big money move and got shipped out on loan looking like a laughing stock. People are deluding themselves that the situation will get any more tenable if Nunez puts up numbers like that.

--- End quote ---

He has played about 6 times.

Calm the fuck down.

Agent99:
After his performance today it wouldn't surprise me if we do a Robbie Keane with him.

Frostymo, laaaaa!:

--- Quote from: Agent99 on October  1, 2022, 09:57:39 pm ---After his performance today it wouldn't surprise me if we do a Robbie Keane with him.

--- End quote ---

His performance on the bench for 88 minutes?

Who Wants To Play Baby Hazell's Xmas Dress Up?:

--- Quote from: Agent99 on October  1, 2022, 09:57:39 pm ---After his performance today it wouldn't surprise me if we do a Robbie Keane with him.

--- End quote ---

So he's scoring at The Emirates next week then? Lovely.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version