Author Topic: A time to reflect honestly or nothing to worry about ?  (Read 54851 times)

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: A time to reflect honestly or nothing to worry about ?
« Reply #440 on: January 3, 2023, 03:11:49 pm »
Exactly this, people are scared of what we might get so would rather stick with FSG. I believe we would have a greater connection with this club had we gone bust and restarted all over again. But we didn’t so I think I’d rather compete and win, considering we already sold our soul.

We can say what we like about Newcastle but try telling one of their fans it's not their club anymore and they'll laugh at you. St James' Park is probably the best ground to watch a game atmosphere wise this season.

If we get taken over by some crackpot with questionable morals, it won't mean the club is gone either.

Offline Lfc19ynwa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #441 on: January 3, 2023, 03:14:36 pm »
We sold our soul the moment Moores sold the club to Hicks and Gillett. That's when we entered the game of 'rich owner vs rich owner'. We've just had the wrong owners sadly.

FSG aren't representative of the people of Bootle, Toxteth etc. Capitalist swine and known backers and supporters of Donald Trump and Bill Clinton. Always makes me laugh the way some Liverpool fans portray them as these holistic knights in shining armor.

They have nothing in common with this club or it's fans.

But who in all honesty would we get to takeover the club that is representative of the people of Bootle, Toxteth etc ?

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
« Reply #442 on: January 3, 2023, 03:16:59 pm »
There's an article in The Guardian and in the comments someone called garythenotrashcougar wrote this (I'm sure on this thread others must have said similar) but anyway, I agree with it:

"It's not rocket science.

Liverpool's success over the last 5 years was built on ferocious pressing, led by a midfield of Henderson, Wijnaldum and Fabinho.

Those three used to smother teams and allow the full backs space to bomb on. It didn't matter it left them 2 v 2 or even 2 v 3 at the back, the ball would rarely get near their half never mind their goal.

Fast forward 3 years from their peak to today and you have three main problems:

1. Henderson and Fabinho's legs are going.
2. Wijnaldum left and was replaced by the more talented but less hard working Thiago.
3. Since 2018, Klopp has been far too loyal to injury prone and inconsistent CMs like Oxlade Chamberlain, Keita, Jones and Milner in favour of strengthening in that area; his gamble, which has turned out to be a fatal mistake.

All three issues have left a previously untroubled defence exposed, and it is currently crippling them.

Simple as that really."
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Offline TwitterJayy

• Kopite
« Reply #443 on: January 3, 2023, 03:23:01 pm »
We can say what we like about Newcastle but try telling one of their fans it's not their club anymore and they'll laugh at you. St James' Park is probably the best ground to watch a game atmosphere wise this season.

If we get taken over by some crackpot with questionable morals, it won't mean the club is gone either.
Tbf to Newcastle there fans have been there since they was shite under Ashley. Sold out the majority of there games. Look at our games…
Away tickets are like gold dust, yet you’ll get told by others how half our end is full of tourists. Home tickets just as hard, unless your a computer nerd.

The club is already gone but here we are. Still love them and still ruins my week when we get beat until we play again. But with all above said, we need new owners. Everyone knows it, many won’t say it out loud, especially big accounts/podcasts, due to giving others shite about being oil clubs.

Offline Aeon

• Main Stander
« Reply #444 on: January 3, 2023, 03:24:30 pm »
We sold our soul the moment Moores sold the club to Hicks and Gillett. That's when we entered the game of 'rich owner vs rich owner'. We've just had the wrong owners sadly.

FSG aren't representative of the people of Bootle, Toxteth etc. Capitalist swine and known backers and supporters of Donald Trump and Bill Clinton. Always makes me laugh the way some Liverpool fans portray them as these holistic knights in shining armor.

FSG were always supporting Democrats. How many Football Owners have anything in common with their clubs' fans? and the alternatives to FSG are far worse.

It would be good to have a minority or even a majority wealthy shareholder/investor in. NEVER again an LBO, though.

Offline TwitterJayy

• Kopite
« Reply #445 on: January 3, 2023, 03:28:43 pm »
But who in all honesty would we get to takeover the club that is representative of the people of Bootle, Toxteth etc ?
Nobody.
But ask those people, what would they rather have
A) an owner who doesn’t represent them but invents for there club to win
B) an owner who doesn’t represent them and also doesn’t invest in there club?

An before people mention about the investment in the stadium and training ground. Can they play in midfield? It’s just an investment to make them more money, not improve the actual team.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #446 on: January 3, 2023, 03:28:58 pm »

In what way do the Moores represent the people of Bootle then? We just traded one rich person for a richer person.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #447 on: January 3, 2023, 03:33:28 pm »
If that Dewsbury Hall goal didn't tell Klopp we badly need a new midfielder/s, nothing will. It was beyond belief how bad that was.

That goal came from a long ball off of a goal kick.  They bypassed the midfield.  Still a terrible goal to give up but didn’t really have anything to do with the midfield (well, with the exception of Hendo who was awful in that moment)
« Last Edit: January 3, 2023, 03:34:59 pm by Suareznumber7 »

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #448 on: January 3, 2023, 03:34:11 pm »
In what way do the Moores represent the people of Bootle then? We just traded one rich person for a richer person.

I never said Moores did. I'm merely saying that if we get taken over by some guy who starts throwing money around like no tomorrow our club will have "sold it's soul" is a load of twaddle.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #449 on: January 3, 2023, 03:35:42 pm »
There's an article in The Guardian and in the comments someone called garythenotrashcougar wrote this (I'm sure on this thread others must have said similar) but anyway, I agree with it:

Liverpool's success over the last 5 years was built on ferocious pressing, led by a midfield of Henderson, Wijnaldum and Fabinho.

Those three used to smother teams and allow the full backs space to bomb on. It didn't matter it left them 2 v 2 or even 2 v 3 at the back, the ball would rarely get near their half never mind their goal.

2. Wijnaldum left and was replaced by the more talented but less hard working Thiago.
3. Since 2018, Klopp has been far too loyal to injury prone and inconsistent CMs like Oxlade Chamberlain, Keita, Jones and Milner in favour of strengthening in that area; his gamble, which has turned out to be a fatal mistake.

All three issues have left a previously untroubled defence exposed, and it is currently crippling them.

Simple as that really."

Can’t agree with the 2nd point.  Thiago is incredibly hard working and very good defensively. 

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #450 on: January 3, 2023, 03:46:45 pm »
Thank god for the calm heads on this forum as you would think fans would be throwing half of the team to the wolves. Instead we have level headed discussion here.

That's if i ignore half the posts of course 😜

Let's see if we can add one midfielder to the mix this transfer window as we will need two by next season. Get the injured lads back into the team by March hopefully and if we are within 6 points of 4th by then, it's all to play for.

Lastly we have awful sides like Utd, Spurs and Co fighting for 4th spot. They are all struggling to achieve 70 points this year so don't tell me we will struggle to compete against them this or any other future season. On our worse day which is now apparently according to some we are still at their level so god help them when we shake the dust off a little.

I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline StL-Dono

• Kopite
  • thank you Ian Rush
« Reply #451 on: January 3, 2023, 03:56:52 pm »
I thought before yesterday that we were almost a certainty to finish either 3rd or 4th.  Maybe even 2nd with some good fortune.

But that match yesterday was so miserable that now I'm not so sure.  Likely going to be a real slog to get top 4.  Think we have it in us, but I can't see any match from here on out that is a "dead certain" win.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #452 on: January 3, 2023, 04:12:37 pm »
That goal came from a long ball off of a goal kick.  They bypassed the midfield.  Still a terrible goal to give up but didn’t really have anything to do with the midfield (well, with the exception of Hendo who was awful in that moment)

so...it did have stuff to do with the midfield then. Also, Elliot was about 5 yards from dewsbury hall when the ball is initially punted downfield, appreciate Elliot isn't exactly quick but he doesn't do very much to track his run either.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #453 on: January 3, 2023, 04:42:31 pm »
We have gone from this starting eleven..

Cannibal Corpse

Slayer                                              Meshuggah

Pantera           Cattle Decapitation      Judas Priest              Black Sabbath

Megadeth    Motorhead     Deep Purple   Iron Maiden

Subs  ..  Grim Reaper   Hawkwind    UFO    Tygers of Pan Tang   Blitzkreig

To this starting eleven..

Allison

Bucks Fizz                                        Daniel O'Donnell

The New Seekers          Perry Como           Guys 'n' Dolls                   Andy Williams

Barry Manilow                The Dooleys           Our Kid                   Cliff Richard

Subs   Gilbert O'Sullivan   Steps     Sweet   Brotherhood of Man  Kylie

We have gone from Motorhead up front with Megadeth on the wing to Our Kid and Barry Manilow with only Allison keeping his place.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #454 on: January 3, 2023, 04:44:15 pm »
If you thought his posts slagging off our players were bad....
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #455 on: January 3, 2023, 04:49:56 pm »
brb listening to Cattle Decapitation
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #456 on: January 3, 2023, 04:53:14 pm »
Quite like Gilbert O'Sullivan,  El Lobo, I take it you are not from Liverpool 8)

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #457 on: January 3, 2023, 04:53:58 pm »
Those names remind of the XFM Ricky Gervais/Stephen Merchant shows. Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome to the stage, Cattle Decapitation!
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline quasimodo

• Kopite
« Reply #458 on: January 3, 2023, 05:06:31 pm »
If their whole plan hinged on FFP and the ESL, well that merely confirms that they were never the right people to own this club.
They talked endlessly about FFP when they came in. Underestimated the power of PSG and City brown envelopes (allegedly) in the whole process of how it would work. Suspect ESL was just the last throw.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #459 on: January 3, 2023, 05:08:32 pm »

Simple as that really."

1 and 3 are true, i'd disagree with 2 in the sense that Thiago works just as hard as Wijnaldum did and puts the hard yards in. Difference is the fitness levels and Thiago not having that prime Henderson and Fabinho (or younger Milner) in midfield with him.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #460 on: January 3, 2023, 05:14:32 pm »
1 and 3 are true, i'd disagree with 2 in the sense that Thiago works just as hard as Wijnaldum did and puts the hard yards in. Difference is the fitness levels and Thiago not having that prime Henderson and Fabinho (or younger Milner) in midfield with him.

Good post from you and garythenotrashcougar.

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #461 on: January 3, 2023, 05:20:44 pm »
Honestly sign one high energy midfielder like Caicedo this window. He alone is not the complete answer to all our ills but having just one midfielder who can win a second ball ahead of our opposition and fill a gap when someone is caught out and you just watch our performance level rise dramatically.

That will require investment in the transfer market though which is considered an act of evil at this club.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #462 on: January 3, 2023, 05:52:54 pm »
That will require investment in the transfer market though which is considered an act of evil at this club.
We've spent £155m in 12 months (potentially rising to ~£195m) - some of it literally days ago. Almost all of it on left sided forwards, of course.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #463 on: January 3, 2023, 05:55:05 pm »

Apologies if already posted...

'Liverpool’s issues: lacking intensity, wasting chances and troubles on the road':-

Paul Joyce and Hamzah Khalique-Loonat assess why Jürgen Klopp’s side are faltering

www.thetimes.co.uk/article/liverpools-issues-lacking-intensity-wasting-chances-and-troubles-on-the-road-d8lp7rfp0

^ article in full here - https://archive.ph/epNg9

Some sobering writing and stats in there. After reading that, I'm off for a drink, or 5.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #464 on: January 3, 2023, 05:57:14 pm »
We have gone from this starting eleven..

Cannibal Corpse

Slayer                                              Meshuggah

Pantera           Cattle Decapitation      Judas Priest              Black Sabbath

Megadeth    Motorhead     Deep Purple   Iron Maiden

Subs  ..  Grim Reaper   Hawkwind    UFO    Tygers of Pan Tang   Blitzkreig

To this starting eleven..

Allison

Bucks Fizz                                        Daniel O'Donnell

The New Seekers          Perry Como           Guys 'n' Dolls                   Andy Williams

Barry Manilow                The Dooleys           Our Kid                   Cliff Richard

Subs   Gilbert O'Sullivan   Steps     Sweet   Brotherhood of Man  Kylie

We have gone from Motorhead up front with Megadeth on the wing to Our Kid and Barry Manilow with only Allison keeping his place.
If only we'd signed Metallica rather than Val Doonican. 😋
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #465 on: January 3, 2023, 05:59:57 pm »
By talking about investment, we simply go back to ranting about FSG and all that bollocks that has been done to death. Let's be clear, every level at the club has failed in the last 6 months - the owners, Ward, the fitness team, Klopp, Pep, the players, all of them. Nobody comes out of this looking good.

There are always solutions, they don't always have to cost big bucks.

We should've acted the first moment we realised the season was off. We haven't used the break well and we have gone and signed a big talent but one that makes zero difference to the alarming issues that show in every game we play.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #466 on: January 3, 2023, 06:02:30 pm »
We've spent £155m in 12 months (potentially rising to ~£195m) - some of it literally days ago. Almost all of it on left sided forwards, of course.

We'll never be out of left sided forwards again.
We might want to move the transfer needle to the next position at some point,beginning to look like Guardiola and his fullbacks.

Online skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #467 on: January 3, 2023, 06:10:13 pm »
We might want to move the transfer needle to the next position at some point,beginning to look like Guardiola and his fullbacks.

Firmino

Diaz        Nunez         Salah

Jota         Gakpo

Robbo  VVD  Matip   TAA

Alisson

Who needs a midfield?  :P
King Kenny.

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #468 on: January 3, 2023, 06:24:27 pm »

This is a point that a lot of people are missing. FSG won't spend like City do but they've spent more than enough over the past three years for us to have recruited some more midfielders. If we're just going to ignore the problem position and recruit in other areas, that's not on FSG.
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #469 on: January 3, 2023, 06:27:27 pm »

Maybe do some swap deals with City?
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #470 on: January 3, 2023, 06:30:55 pm »

Liverpool... or: How I Learned to Stop Pressing and Love the Game.
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline vladis voice

• Main Stander
« Reply #471 on: January 3, 2023, 06:48:06 pm »

I’d agree he works hard, and he is obviously an extremely elegant looking player to watch too, but there is a big drop off compared to Wijnaldums physicality and (at least to my eyes) ability to regain or retain possession.

I think Thiago is probably our best footballer, I’d imagine trying to play 5 a side against him would be impossible, but I don’t necessarily think he is really suited at all to the kind of counter pressing midfield that Klopp has had success with in the past, If this was being compensated by extra levels of creativity I’d get it but (happy to be proved wrong by the stats here) more often than not he appears pretty average on that score…although he does look incredibly stylish whilst doing so

For avoidance of any doubt I don’t think Thiago anyway near our biggest issue in midfield, but equally I’m not sure he is the solution even if we were to surround him with absolute physical monsters

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #472 on: January 3, 2023, 06:52:25 pm »
I’d agree he works hard, and he is obviously an extremely elegant looking player to watch too, but there is a big drop off compared to Wijnaldums physicality and (at least to my eyes) ability to regain or retain possession.

I think Thiago is probably our best footballer, I’d imagine trying to play 5 a side against him would be impossible, but I don’t necessarily think he is really suited at all to the kind of counter pressing midfield that Klopp has had success with in the past, If this was being compensated by extra levels of creativity I’d get it but (happy to be proved wrong by the stats here) more often than not he appears pretty average on that score…although he does look incredibly stylish whilst doing so

For avoidance of any doubt I don’t think Thiago anyway near our biggest issue in midfield, but equally I’m not sure he is the solution even if we were to surround him with absolute physical monsters

The guy wins the ball back for the team more than any other LFC player, by far. This is just nuts. Gini was famous for having no stats, it was all inferred because the team won.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #473 on: January 3, 2023, 07:11:04 pm »
The guy wins the ball back for the team more than any other LFC player, by far. This is just nuts. Gini was famous for having no stats, it was all inferred because the team won.

Gini (particularly in his later years here) was never really the hard running workhorse here, although he was a good athlete. He was good at keeping the ball ticking over and he had a set job. Henderson was always the legs in that midfield though (and Milner going back a few years).

It's Henderson of 3 or 4 years ago that we miss - he was the best midfielder in the league at the time - and Thiago has been our best midfielder since he signed.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #474 on: January 3, 2023, 07:16:39 pm »
By talking about investment, we simply go back to ranting about FSG and all that bollocks that has been done to death. Let's be clear, every level at the club has failed in the last 6 months - the owners, Ward, the fitness team, Klopp, Pep, the players, all of them. Nobody comes out of this looking good.

There are always solutions, they don't always have to cost big bucks.

We should've acted the first moment we realised the season was off. We haven't used the break well and we have gone and signed a big talent but one that makes zero difference to the alarming issues that show in every game we play.

You're right that not everything is down to spending. But with our current midfield options, it absolutely is.

None of our current CMs are adequate to play 38 games in a high press team. It's as simple as that.

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #475 on: January 3, 2023, 07:18:34 pm »

Good post from you and garythenotrashcougar.
If only we'd signed Metallica rather than Val Doonican. 😋

I was thinking that Son of Spion when I read it in The Metal Hammer football section. When you see the players walk in with their fancy headsets, they used to be tuned into the likes of Metallica's Kill em All and Motley Crue's  Shout at the Devil. The Alessi Brothers “Oh Lori” is now booming out on the coach to away games this season.

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #476 on: January 3, 2023, 07:56:38 pm »
Meh.

Europa League could be fun next year.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #477 on: January 3, 2023, 08:10:12 pm »

Simple as that really."

Yes, 100% this for me. Klopp has assembled an amazing array of talent since his arrival, for a very cheap price (under £200m net since 2016) and currently has an array of young players breaking through into the first team all over the pitch. Normally this would be super exciting, but because the midfield has evaporated, they are being horribly exposed. A number of people in the transfer thread have been panicking over this since 2019, and most of the complaints there have been about lack of spending in the middle. But that kind of hides the fact that spending elsewhere has been very canny. A tougher midfield would shut down opposition sides, and allow these young players to flourish. But the porous nature of the midfield is exposing the creaking backline and putting undue pressure on the front to perform. Everything is rushed and fraught with nerves because the pressure to score is not being alleviated by the continous retention of the ball like with Klopp's previous teams. A few gurriers in midfield would reduce pressure all over the pitch and give the team more confidence that they are going to exert pressure on the oppoisition, and if they lose the ball by doing so, they will get it right back to try again. I think there has been a lot of overreaction to the slump in the side, many of the components are in place, which is why 1 or 2 midfielders will make the whole look superior.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #478 on: January 3, 2023, 08:12:37 pm »
Yes, 100% this for me. Klopp has assembled an amazing array of talent since his arrival, for a very cheap price (under £200m net since 2016) and currently has an array of young players breaking through into the first team all over the pitch. Normally this would be super exciting, but because the midfield has evaporated, they are being horribly exposed. A number of people in the transfer thread have been panicking over this since 2019, and most of the complaints there have been about lack of spending in the middle. But that kind of hides the fact that spending elsewhere has been very canny. A tougher midfield would shut down opposition sides, and allow these young players to flourish. But the porous nature of the midfield is exposing the creaking backline and putting undue pressure on the front to perform. Everything is rushed and fraught with nerves because the pressure to score is not being alleviated by the continous retention of the ball like with Klopp's previous teams. A few gurriers in midfield would reduce pressure all over the pitch and give the team more confidence that they are going to exert pressure on the oppoisition, and if they lose the ball by doing so, they will get it right back to try again. I think there has been a lot of overreaction to the slump in the side, many of the components are in place, which is why 1 or 2 midfielders will make the whole look superior.

Agree although we also have to deal with the fact VVD isn’t GOAT levels anymore and just a normal world class cb.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #479 on: January 3, 2023, 08:43:19 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/HNBCVM4KbUM&amp;list=RDHNBCVM4KbUM&amp;start_radio=1&amp;rv=HNBCVM4KbUM&amp;t=47" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/HNBCVM4KbUM&amp;list=RDHNBCVM4KbUM&amp;start_radio=1&amp;rv=HNBCVM4KbUM&amp;t=47</a>

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA