Author Topic: PL: Wolves 3 vs 0 Liverpool og 5’ Dawson 12’  (Read 40556 times)

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
Re: PL: Wolves 3 vs 0 Liverpool og 5’ Dawson 12’
« Reply #1040 on: February 5, 2023, 07:21:42 pm »
I think Tiger Woods once said something to the tune of

"The better you are, the luckier you get."

and the opposite works, too.

The more tries you give the opposition, they're bound to 'fluke' some of them in. You sort of make your own luck in a way.

The change is cast

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #1041 on: February 5, 2023, 07:43:22 pm »
If we don't sort this out, mid table. Same as we were before klopp. Maybe upper mid table, maybe the odd decent punt, but nothing like the last few years.

You're not playing this game very well.

Many posts in this forum, in the FSG thread, in certain players threads, claim that poster knew we'd be shite. Knew certain players were past their sell date. Knew we'd struggle because of that. Could see this last season when we were on for the quadruple.

So, there is no "if we don't sort this out".

You either know what the future holds or you don't. You either know Jurgen sorts it or he doesn't. You either know we buy players who help the side or we don't.

Therefore, i'm waiting for the answer to how the team will be in 2025. I'll even take 2024.  Whether or not we'll be challenging and have an open bus top parade at the end of the season. Or we're shite and midtable. I want to know now. Not after the fact.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1042 on: February 5, 2023, 07:47:15 pm »

Many posts in this forum, in the FSG thread, in certain players threads, claim that poster knew we'd be shite. Knew certain players were past their sell date. Knew we'd struggle because of that. Could see this last season when we were on for the quadruple.

You either know what the future holds or you don't. You either know Jurgen sorts it or he doesn't. You either know we buy players who help the side or we don't.

Therefore, i'm waiting for the answer to how the team will be in 2025. I'll even take 2024.  Whether or not we'll be challenging and have an open bus top parade at the end of the season. Or we're shite and midtable. I want to know now. Not after the fact.

Do you aye mate?
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #1043 on: February 5, 2023, 07:49:35 pm »

The more tries you give the opposition, they're bound to 'fluke' some of them in. You sort of make your own luck in a way.

I think Gary Player said, "The harder you work, the luckier you get". Not that I know the first thing about golf.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #1044 on: February 5, 2023, 07:50:05 pm »

The quote was by Gary Player so you got the sport right. The context was he was practicing bunker shots prior to a tournament with reporters looking on. When he holed one someone shouted, "that was lucky Gary" to which he replied, "the more I practice the luckier I get."

The opposite isn't true, it's about hard work, dedication and a hell of a lot of practice.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline Elliemental

• Kopite
  • You Love Us
« Reply #1045 on: February 5, 2023, 08:20:22 pm »
I don't know how anyone could read it another way. We were completely crap today and klopp overreacted. I love the bones of the man but it wasn't his finest day. Simple as that.

To be fair, Pearce has published an awful lot of nonsense about Klopp recently. This is just the latest.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfόnfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1046 on: February 5, 2023, 08:24:08 pm »
To be fair, Pearce has published an awful lot of nonsense about Klopp recently. This is just the latest.

and to be honest, I think some reactions here are really more an over-reaction!

From reading some of them, it makes it sound a lot worse than what it was, as it was calmly and politely done, no anger, no swearing, nothing, just a refusal to talk to a particular journalist. He answered the question he wanted to ask though.

The fall out has been something else, makes it seem like he’s done something terrible. I love it when managers have digs at journalists, this was mild.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1047 on: February 5, 2023, 08:24:35 pm »
State of supporters taking the side of the snide Burger over our manager.

Give your heads a wobble, for fuck's sake.

:duh
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #1048 on: February 5, 2023, 08:56:23 pm »

I'll give this a quick go because I have said that I could see the decline coming (if it wasn't addressed proactively) for a while. There's no crystal ball of course, just gut feelings on what I was seeing. I have to add, though, I never expected this level of drop off. I still expected us to compete for the top four.

No one knows what the future holds, but educated guesses can be made by looking at trajectory, current approaches, attitudes etc. For instance, when we lost to Madrid in Kyiv I was convinced we'd be back and we'd lift the European Cup under Klopp. The momentum was there and it was still building but, for me, Madrid in Kyiv came just a little too soon.

Despite that loss, I could see the desire, the drive, the ambition and the quality was there, and it hadn't peaked. So, there was a lot of evidence to go on in order to back the gut feeling up. Luckily for all of us, we were around to see that team reach its peak, and what a time it was. Stunning, absolutely stunning. Not only was there the European Cup, there were English and World titles too.

Around that time there was some clown on the Bitters forum that tried to cope with our success by banging on about how our players would all be older in a few years. Well, no shit, Sherlock. Aren't we all. He was laughed at, and rightly so, because I don't think a single one of us believed that once we peaked the club would sit on its laurels and not address crucial positions as and when necessary. I mean we were a well oiled machine both on and off the pitch, so no way would we believe such incompetence was not far around the corner.

Us older fans grew up with the Liverpool FC of Shankly, Paisley and Fagan. This club taught us all that if you bust your guts you can get to the top. It also taught us that once you get there, you strengthen from that position of strength, otherwise you fall away again.

Alarm bells started ringing for me when we simply never strengthened adequately when we had the league and Europe by the throat. Players were having to go flat out, season on season against the resources of a nation state. We had to go again and again, mentally, physically and emotionally, and each season we did so age, fatigue and injury were taking their toll.

The fans were often an emotional wreck, and absolutely shattered by the end of a season, so goodness knows how the players felt. They have given their absolute all. They busted their balls time and again for this club, but it all takes its toll eventually. Fail to refresh with quality acquisitions like we did and the drop off is inevitable. In the end last season we were running on adrenaline to try to get us over the line.

So yes, the drop off could be seen coming by multiple transfer window failures when areas of concern were left unaddressed. Basically, we've squeezed the last drop from that magnificent team and they naturally fell away as age, fatigue, injury and mental and physical exhaustion ate away at them.

Just as our rise could be seen coming by the trajectory we were exhibiting both on and off the pitch, so, too, could the decline. We simply failed to do what you have to do in order to stay at the top. We were in the position to psychologically demoralise our opposition by strengthening whilst we sat there drinking champagne from the Premier League trophy, but we decided to just go again and again with pretty much what we already had. In such a cut-throat sport at this level, that's lethal.

Whereas not too many seasons ago we had the approach, mindset, desire, hunger and growing quality to predict a reasonable level of success, since we finally did it we've exhibited, as a club, an approach more aligned with decline, or at least treading water. Which in this game also means decline.

The future? Well that's not possible to even get a handle on just now because we have absolutely nothing to go on for evidence of direction. I've no idea what, if anything, is going on behind the scenes, but the club feels totally rudderless. No one knows if these owners are staying or going. If they are staying, will they invest what is now necessary? If they are going, who comes in, and will they bring harmony or upheaval with them? We just don't know anything, so we have nothing to base any kind of educated guess on. We are treading water and being swept who knows where until we know where we stand. There is no trajectory and no plan we are aware of to address the current malaise.

I think once we get certainty on the ownership issue and we learn what, if anything, future strategy will be, every single one of us is totally in the dark. With the up curve we had evidence to go on. With the down curve we also had evidence to go on too. The future we have nothing at all to go on until we are either sold or FSG fully commit and give us a clue what their ambitions are with us.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jόrgen.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1049 on: February 5, 2023, 09:10:51 pm »
Another banger SoS.

Offline Elliemental

• Kopite
  • You Love Us
« Reply #1050 on: February 5, 2023, 09:30:48 pm »
and to be honest, I think some reactions here are really more an over-reaction!

From reading some of them, it makes it sound a lot worse than what it was, as it was calmly and politely done, no anger, no swearing, nothing, just a refusal to talk to a particular journalist. He answered the question he wanted to ask though.

The fall out has been something else, makes it seem like he’s done something terrible. I love it when managers have digs at journalists, this was mild.

Exactly! And, frankly, Pearce's decline as a journalist has been far sharper and steeper than our team's footballing decline. From writing moving pieces about the likes of Ian Frodsham to baseless articles questioning the nature of Klopp's relationship with Matt McCan, all in the space of a year or two. I would actually expect the latter from hacks at the Scum and, if anything, Klopp was very kind to him yesterday.

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #1051 on: February 5, 2023, 09:38:28 pm »

Might sound convenient, but there are no tea leaves to read at the moment. What I will say is that if we don't get sold, or get an uncharacteristically large windfall form FSG, then we won't be bothering the top 4 anytime soon.

You didn't need to be a clairvoyant to see that the wheels were going to come off, like you seem to be suggesting. We were flogging a very good side for all it was worth after getting a once in a lifetime deal on Coutinho. Then did the bare minimum when we were at top. People had concerns, they just weren't very popular at the time.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1052 on: February 5, 2023, 10:40:03 pm »

What's with the snark? People expressed concerns about what appeared to be a lack of future planning and it has come to fruition. If you scorned those people, maybe it's time for some humble pie.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #1053 on: February 5, 2023, 11:24:49 pm »
Lots saw the potential for a decline, but nobody could foresee the implosion that is happening right now (apart from those who have an agenda).

The reason I'm really alarmed is that the opportunities for a reset in December and to get some fresh blood into the team in January have come and gone. The league wins showed big weakneseses but it was acceptable for a team feeling their way back. Now we know the wins were the exception, and its chaos that reigns.

Why are we not switched on at the start of games, do we not know what our plans are? Are we not prepared for what the opposition will do? I cannot believe that the players are training with anything like the intensity needed to bring it through to match day.

The biggest problem is our aura of invincibility is gone, everyone knows we can be got at in every way possible. Even through our bad period in 21 in most games teams were just staying in the game then nicking a goal, it was a lot of 1 nils.

Maybe the parallel is that once we got the midfield right (Fab, Thiago and Hendo) the defence improved and we improved. When only 1 of those 3 is even close to providing part of the solution, you know you have massive issues.

The more blows you take, the harder it is to get back up. How many our our players will be past the point of rehabilitation come the end of the season?

I've never been anti-FSG, but they are currently letting the whole club burn, not because of lack transfer funds but through a lack of leadership when it was needed most. Dysfuntion on the pitch is always a sign of dysfunction off it.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Gerard00

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1054 on: February 6, 2023, 12:57:44 pm »
Hard to believe we got smashed by a team in the bottom 3 at the start of the day.

The players put in the type of performance that gets a manager sacked. Luckily we know Jurgen brings the goods but by jesus does he need to cut some of these clowns loose before we kick a ball next season.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1055 on: February 6, 2023, 09:54:20 pm »
The first goal gets even worse the more you see it. Matip gives the ball away and then fuck knows how he plays Hwang, it’s like he does some weird stop start motion.

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1056 on: February 6, 2023, 10:01:11 pm »
I think Gary Player said, "The harder you work, the luckier you get". Not that I know the first thing about golf.

The quote was by Gary Player so you got the sport right. The context was he was practicing bunker shots prior to a tournament with reporters looking on. When he holed one someone shouted, "that was lucky Gary" to which he replied, "the more I practice the luckier I get."

The opposite isn't true, it's about hard work, dedication and a hell of a lot of practice.

I'm sorry but that's hilarious lmao ... at least the golf part i got right

Anyway, my general feeling still stands about the situation. Our luck is crap because we keep giving tries to the opposition, so they're bound to get it right at some point, whereas good teams  such as we were have better luck because they reduce the amount of tries their opponents get (be it through sustaining possession or restricting spaces without the ball).

The better you are, the luckier you get - myself, 2023.  :lmao
The change is cast

Offline Realgman

• Kopite
  • gerrup the yard
« Reply #1057 on: February 6, 2023, 10:19:51 pm »
The first goal gets even worse the more you see it. Matip gives the ball away and then fuck knows how he plays Hwang, it’s like he does some weird stop start motion.

You're only hurting yourself, watching that again... it borders on morbid fascination  :)
I am not a dreamer. I am a football romantic-Jurgen Klopp

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1058 on: February 6, 2023, 10:22:54 pm »
I'm sorry but that's hilarious lmao ... at least the golf part i got right

Anyway, my general feeling still stands about the situation. Our luck is crap because we keep giving tries to the opposition, so they're bound to get it right at some point, whereas good teams  such as we were have better luck because they reduce the amount of tries their opponents get (be it through sustaining possession or restricting spaces without the ball).

The better you are, the luckier you get - myself, 2023.  :lmao

Practice makes perfect or practice makes permanent are other common and scientifically proven sayings.

What you are doing is misquoting a phrase to fit your opinion so use something else or continue to confuse yourself and everybody else.

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1059 on: February 6, 2023, 10:36:30 pm »
Practice makes perfect or practice makes permanent are other common and scientifically proven sayings.

What you are doing is misquoting a phrase to fit your opinion so use something else or continue to confuse yourself and everybody else.

No, i'm talking about what i'm seeing play out there on the field.

Users were complaining that we were unlucky vs Wolves but it was much more a case of us being bad so susceptible to being unlucky rather than just plainly being unlucky.
The change is cast

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1060 on: February 6, 2023, 10:41:16 pm »
No, i'm talking about what i'm seeing play out there on the field.

Users were complaining that we were unlucky vs Wolves but it was much more a case of us being bad so susceptible to being unlucky rather than just plainly being unlucky.

What's that got to do with the quote?

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1061 on: February 6, 2023, 10:55:10 pm »
What's that got to do with the quote?

You see, i misremembered the quote as "The better you are, the luckier you get".

Then two other users pointed out the innacuracy.

Coincidentally the wrong version of the quote represents how i feel about the "bad luck" claims from a previous user's message.
The change is cast

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1062 on: February 6, 2023, 10:59:19 pm »
You see, i misremembered the quote as "The better you are, the luckier you get".

Then two other users pointed out the innacuracy.

Coincidentally the wrong version of the quote represents how i feel about the "bad luck" claims from a previous user's message.

"Lucky heather sir?"

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1063 on: February 6, 2023, 11:06:36 pm »
"Lucky heather sir?"

I don't know the reference, nor how this concerns Liverpool Football Club so we'll leave it at that
The change is cast

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1064 on: February 7, 2023, 09:44:27 am »
And that’s just it, when the lack of confidence is so crippling that what your normally quite reliable centre backs do they just don’t. Like, Joel has always been quite good defensively, especially at reading the game. He mightn’t be best against big forwards that try to dominate physically, but against the nippy ones he’s always quite good at winning the ball and timing a tackle. Yesterday was just … shit. But ultimately to me a reflection of a lack of confidence in the team.

And even with Gomez - I don’t even think he has a bad game overall but every single one of his mistakes ever now seems to result in us conceding. Probably just confirmation bias on my part but it definitely FEELS like it.

I’ll add, I think weve been steadily getting better even if the results aren’t showing it. We were good against these in the Cup, then solid but not creative against Chelsea, better against Brighton and even better yesterday for long spells.

The glass half full me likes where this is going, but the pessimist wonders where the catalyst is coming from.

Well God Bless your take on it mate. Confidence is crucial and we are stuck in a confidence drain at the moment. Individually and collectively. Interestingly Bajcetic, who hasn't got "history" nor expectation on his shoulders, is playing with freedom whereas everyone else seems to have had a fuse blow in their brains. The normal solution to this crisis is not an option so they are going to have to crawl together till they can walk together and then, surprise surprise they will be able to run and play to their undoubted potential. That's exactly what Jurgan  & Co have been trying to get them to do. There is no other solution. Mental fortitude i.e 11 Jimmy Milners on the park. A couple of good breaks wouldn't go amiss either.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1065 on: February 7, 2023, 07:07:37 pm »
Wolves at home rescheduled for March 1.

So that's four matches against Wolves in less than 2 months.

If Mitoma hadn't scored, we could've had 7 matches against Wolves and Brighton in 2 months.
King Kenny.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1066 on: February 7, 2023, 07:25:08 pm »
Wolves at home rescheduled for March 1.

So that's four matches against Wolves in less than 2 months.

If Mitoma hadn't scored, we could've had 7 matches against Wolves and Brighton in 2 months.

Fa Cup 5th round week so makes sense.

I'd imagine we'd arrange Chelsea for the date of the quarter final if the team we're scheduled to play go through (I think Fulham). Otherwise it'll be late in the season.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season