The Liverpool FC Forum > Anfield Stadium

Standing responsibly

<< < (7/8) > >>

So… Howard Philips:

--- Quote from: rob1966 on September 24, 2021, 08:20:46 pm ---I'll be honest mate, we weren't always when you look back and the design of the terraces didn't help. My Ma used to have kittens when I was a young teen and they'd show the Kop on MOTD and I'd say Ma I'm in the middle of that melee and I fucking loved it even though it was crazy, I didn't want her to ban me or our kid, so I never told her about getting squashed against a barrier so hard as we scored I puked my guts up, puking and celebrating wasn't easy, or having to stand in front of my 10 yr old brother as we bounced behind a barrier one time. After that we always stood backs to a barrier. Then you had all the fighting and shit going off at all the grounds across the country, Millwall pitch invasions, fences going up, so if he did mean that he wasn't wrong.

Just watched it and I do think he is referring to everyone, from the Police to the supporters, to the designers of the stadiums. Times have changed and its time to test it.

--- End quote ---

I was in the Kop on the night of the Ajax game. It pissed down outside and before kick off a fog developed off the backs of the soaked fans. Loads were carried out.

When I got home, pissed off that were hadn't overcome a 5-1 deficiency I couldn't understand why they were worried.

Everyone, fans, clubs, police had a more blasé attitude to crowd safety.

CraigDS:

--- Quote from: Al 666 on September 24, 2021, 09:42:43 pm ---I think that is very harsh Craig. I know it was before your time mate but it is still very much a raw nerve for a lot of us.

--- End quote ---

He said it himself in the post before my reply.

Also, whilst I was too young to go I wasn’t too young to know my Dad, Grandad and Aunt were there, or my Mum worrying about them - so please don’t assume to know how it has touched me and what I understand.

CHOPPER:
I prefer standing irresponsibly.

In my clown shoes.

Eeyore:

--- Quote from: Craig 🤔 on September 24, 2021, 09:47:36 pm ---He said it himself in the post before my reply.

Also, whilst I was too young to go I wasn’t too young to know my Dad, Grandad and Aunt were there, or my Mum worrying about them - so please don’t assume to know how it has touched me and what I understand.

--- End quote ---

If you understood Craig you wouldn't have posted 'Prob a lesson to not be offended on other's behalf.' to someone who was there and witnessed the disaster and even worse the aftermath.

You know one of the people who was falsely accused of killing their own.

Margaret Aspinall "I'd like it to be known, all over the world, that our fans played no part whatsoever in the deaths of the 96 or the injured.

"The only thing that we've got that we can say proudly for them is we got them exonerated.

"All the world knows now that our fans played no part in what happened that day."

May I suggest if you want to reply then you take it to PM please mate.

CraigDS:

--- Quote from: Al 666 on September 24, 2021, 09:55:35 pm ---Snip

--- End quote ---

This is why I said what I said.

--- Quote from: Billy Elliot on September 24, 2021, 08:12:57 pm ---But there's people I know who were affected far more than me that could be upset, without trying hard to take offence - like some suggesting I was.

--- End quote ---

May I suggest that next time just don’t assume to know what I feel. Or better yet, don’t bother to reply to me at all. It’s one thing for you to have a bit of a thing for me in threads about the owners, it’s a total other for you to single my post out on this subject to have a pop at.

Please don't bother replying or taking it to DM.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version