Author Topic: International Watch  (Read 285878 times)

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
Re: International Watch
« Reply #2160 on: September 26, 2022, 09:16:47 am »
Trent left out the squad. Great news.

It will be quite funny if Henderson doesnt see many minutes.

Trent being left out hopefully serves as a bit of wake up call to him to up his defensive efforts this season

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2161 on: September 26, 2022, 09:22:55 am »
Said Trent has only featured in 5 out of the last 31 England games. Should just leave him at home for the World Cup but no doubt he’ll go for a month and not kick a ball in anger.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2162 on: September 26, 2022, 09:25:41 am »
Trent being left out hopefully serves as a bit of wake up call to him to up his defensive efforts this season

Given it’s accompanied by Tomori’s omission, I’d place this one on Southgate's ineptitude as opposed to Trent’s ability. The fact it’s a back 5 as well, you’d think he’d at least try him given the main issue of this England side is a lack of creativity…

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2163 on: September 26, 2022, 09:35:07 am »
England dont need Trent to do well, their first choice rb in James is still better than ever other right back in the world, Southgate though...

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #2164 on: September 26, 2022, 09:45:14 am »
Utterly bizarre, it’s actually an international that would benefit testing a few players you’re not sure on. And he’s gone and totally dropped four of them.

Good for us, like.
AHA!

Online Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #2165 on: September 26, 2022, 09:53:15 am »
Given it’s accompanied by Tomori’s omission, I’d place this one on Southgate's ineptitude as opposed to Trent’s ability. The fact it’s a back 5 as well, you’d think he’d at least try him given the main issue of this England side is a lack of creativity…
The optics of it all is astounding. Your team slip to a dismal defeat and you look ill prepared for the world cup so you very publicly send players back who were on the bench! That will show them who's boss! The idiot.

The problem for us is Trent will now be worrying for his world cup place (even if we aren't), hopefully it makes him double down and put in aome monster performances for us.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline shank94

• Currently at minus 10 and falling...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2166 on: September 26, 2022, 10:04:02 am »
Trent left out? He's not injured?

If Yes and Yes, that's music to my ears
Everyone knows it's Shanks, Shank is part of my name.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #2167 on: September 26, 2022, 10:10:48 am »
Why is Southgate still being supported by the masses and how is he still in the job after the last few months. He would’ve been out the door a long time ago if it was club football

Offline grenny158

• Main Stander
  • Be kind.
« Reply #2168 on: September 26, 2022, 10:15:39 am »
Why is Southgate still being supported by the masses and how is he still in the job after the last few months. He would’ve been out the door a long time ago if it was club football

He has always been a risk averse, safety first manager .. and a pretty shit one at that.

His teams perform against the minnows (shock!) and are average at best against most sides who aren't minnows.

Looking so forward to England crashing and burning in Qatar .. hope Hendo isn't selected either and has a good break.

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2169 on: September 26, 2022, 10:19:46 am »
Trent hasn't been picked by Southgate even when he's been in good form - Southgate is just not a good manager.

Yes he's been below par this season - but England lack any kind of creativity so it's kind of funny to have Trent sitting on the bench and now out of the squad completely. I think people are now starting to see Southgate for what he is - a boring defensive manager who has no idea how to get the best out of some pretty ridiculous English talent. He's living on the World cup and Euro run, but will probably be gone after they crash out of the world cup.

But, should be good news for us if it gives Trent some extra motivation - need him back to his best.

Offline rojo para la vida

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2170 on: September 26, 2022, 10:35:39 am »
Trent don't sing the national anthem. Southgate likes it Tony Adams/Stuart Pearce style.
Nothing would shock me about Southgate's motive but it's probably because he lacks the imagination to use someone with Trent's talent.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #2171 on: September 26, 2022, 10:35:58 am »
Trent hasn't been picked by Southgate even when he's been in good form - Southgate is just not a good manager.

Yes he's been below par this season - but England lack any kind of creativity so it's kind of funny to have Trent sitting on the bench and now out of the squad completely. I think people are now starting to see Southgate for what he is - a boring defensive manager who has no idea how to get the best out of some pretty ridiculous English talent. He's living on the World cup and Euro run, but will probably be gone after they crash out of the world cup.

But, should be good news for us if it gives Trent some extra motivation - need him back to his best.

Even when he’s at his scintillating best, he’s still overlooked by Southgate in favour of Trippier, Walker and James. Yes, it’ll give him a kick up the arse to deliver more consistent performances but he must also be feeling like he’ll never get the opportunity to play for England.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2172 on: September 26, 2022, 10:36:22 am »
Would bet my life that when Southgate gets the sack (which he will) that any other manager would utilise Trent. He’s far too talented to be overlooked in my opinion. He says England are blessed with great right backs, but to be honest I don’t think any of them are anywhere near as good as Trent. Why bring him with the squad if you’re not going to give him a minute? It’s an insult, he goes on about what players have won… if it’s about what each player has won, then Trent trumps the lot of them because he’s won more than any of them. No England right back can do what Trent does. Any good manager would get the best out of him.

I’m not too fussed as I don’t really follow England but with Trent he mustn’t feel great about it. It’s weird he has never really fancied him even when he’s been flying. No explanation.

Online HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #2173 on: September 26, 2022, 10:44:00 am »
Would bet my life that when Southgate gets the sack (which he will) that any other manager would utilise Trent. He’s far too talented to be overlooked in my opinion. He says England are blessed with great right backs, but to be honest I don’t think any of them are anywhere near as good as Trent. Why bring him with the squad if you’re not going to give him a minute? It’s an insult, he goes on about what players have won… if it’s about what each player has won, then Trent trumps the lot of them because he’s won more than any of them. No England right back can do what Trent does. Any good manager would get the best out of him.

I’m not too fussed as I don’t really follow England but with Trent he mustn’t feel great about it. It’s weird he has never really fancied him even when he’s been flying. No explanation.

Southgate is a grade A c*nt and totally contradicts himself time and time again. Before he said that Trent wasn’t picked because he wasn’t playing well for his club while he goes and picks his favourites in Maguire, Shaw and Coady when players out there have been in much better form than them

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2174 on: September 26, 2022, 11:07:14 am »

Trent is such a unique and one off type player that a lot of managers would struggle with how to utilise him, we’ve had our own problems ourselves with not having the right parts around him to supplement for his talent.

International football is very different to club football and there isn’t as much time to form cohesion, also you’re dealing with players who don’t necessarily want to sacrifice themselves in order to get the best out of arguably the best rb in the world.

The safer option would be to go with a less unique rare but maybe a tad more reliable James and sort the rest out later, so I don’t blame Southgate for not getting the best out of Trent, because he’s a unique talent in a unique situation and the alternatives are CL winning PL winning right backs themselves.

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2175 on: September 26, 2022, 11:26:12 am »
Trent is such a unique and one off type player that a lot of managers would struggle with how to utilise him, we’ve had our own problems ourselves with not having the right parts around him to supplement for his talent.

International football is very different to club football and there isn’t as much time to form cohesion, also you’re dealing with players who don’t necessarily want to sacrifice themselves in order to get the best out of arguably the best rb in the world.

The safer option would be to go with a less unique rare but maybe a tad more reliable James and sort the rest out later, so I don’t blame Southgate for not getting the best out of Trent, because he’s a unique talent in a unique situation and the alternatives are CL winning PL winning right backs themselves.

I just don’t think Southgate is a very good manager really, he’s had the luck of the draw on numerous occasions. Had England’s best chance of an international final/trophy on two occasions and failed on both. His tactics are dated and very boring. He picks the same boring players each time. I do blame Southgate for not even giving him any sort of chance like tonight in a dead rubber.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #2176 on: September 26, 2022, 11:45:29 am »
I just don’t think Southgate is a very good manager really, he’s had the luck of the draw on numerous occasions. Had England’s best chance of an international final/trophy on two occasions and failed on both. His tactics are dated and very boring. He picks the same boring players each time. I do blame Southgate for not even giving him any sort of chance like tonight in a dead rubber.

Southgate is not the man to unleash creative players. Even for all the fuss of Grealish at the Euros he couldn't get in the team.

It's attritional players like Phillips who have done well for him. Three centre halves, two holding players and more traditional full backs.

He's just been very lucky with draws and not having to travel during the Euros with home advantage. That tournament was effectively rigged for England to win it and they still didn't.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2177 on: September 26, 2022, 11:47:28 am »
I hope to god we dont have some people on here moaning about how Trent should start. Just be glad he doesnt. Not wanting him to play and then him not playing and being angry about is crazy logic.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #2178 on: September 26, 2022, 11:57:46 am »
I hope to god we dont have some people on here moaning about how Trent should start. Just be glad he doesnt. Not wanting him to play and then him not playing and being angry about is crazy logic.

Made up when any of ours don't play international games.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #2179 on: September 26, 2022, 12:55:21 pm »
No other manager in the world leaves Trent out. Pressure on Southgate is building and it's starting to show. Completely backtracking on his own maxim that only players in-form will get into his team. He's doing a full 180 and picking the players he likes.

I actually thought he'd done OK, but he seems to have hit that tipping point ("The Rogers Fulcrum") where he was going to have to evolve and kick-on, or stagnate and turn to shit. He seems to have chosen the latter. Doesn't have the courage/ability to build off the at fairly secure defensive structure he built. Now everyone, including his players, have lost interest.

I'd be giving some serious thought to swapping him for someone else before the WC. They'll struggle to get out of the group on current form. There might be a bounce from a new man and fresh perspective. It's clear Southgate is a dead man walking now.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #2180 on: September 27, 2022, 12:16:39 am »
Whilst I feel for our players who want to play for England, every time they get left out, I'm made up. It means we avoid injury and burn out and I can get on with not supporting England.

Is football back soon? It's worse than Covid this season.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Tokyoite

• Kopite
  • Biggest Endo fan
« Reply #2181 on: September 27, 2022, 02:56:28 am »
Because he is a yes man which goes down well with the FA. And got to a semi in the WC and a final in the Euros albeit a very, very favourable draw helped.
And he's English so naturally they wouldn't sack him so quickly.

I reckon he's gone after this year though especially as I don't believe England will do anything of note at the WC.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #2182 on: September 27, 2022, 07:55:13 pm »

Alisson getting the lasers in the eyes playing for Brazil vs Tunisia at the Parc des Princes. Firmino and Fabinho on the bench.

http://weakstreams.com/soccer-streams/brazil-vs-tunisia/85564

Edit: lasers in the eyes of Neymar taking a penalty too.

'A banana was thrown towards Richarlison while he was celebrating his goal for Brazil against Tunisia in Paris.' (with video):-

https://twitter.com/samstreetwrites/status/1574835785190314008 & https://v.redd.it/6agk1yj19gq91

« Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 08:06:20 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2183 on: September 27, 2022, 08:15:43 pm »
Alisson getting the lasers in the eyes playing for Brazil vs Tunisia at the Parc des Princes. Firmino and Fabinho on the bench.

http://weakstreams.com/soccer-streams/brazil-vs-tunisia/85564

Edit: lasers in the eyes of Neymar taking a penalty too.

'A banana was thrown towards Richarlison while he was celebrating his goal for Brazil against Tunisia in Paris.' (with video):-

https://twitter.com/samstreetwrites/status/1574835785190314008 & https://v.redd.it/6agk1yj19gq91

This is fucking wild

Tunisia down to 10 men for hardly touching Neymar… who went down like he’d been shot. The whole match is crazy
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2184 on: September 27, 2022, 08:21:35 pm »
Jota looks so sharp already had two good chances.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #2185 on: September 27, 2022, 08:23:30 pm »

Neymar lucky to still be on the pitch himself - already on a yellow card... and still giving sly kicks out. Bad tempered game throughout so far - not helped by Tunisian fans booing the Brazil anthem, and some carrying on like idiots since.

Dylan Bronn (Tunisia) straight red card against Brazil on 42' - https://dubz.co/v/9n3j00

You can briefly see some of the lasers in Alisson's eyes for the Tunisia goal on 18' - https://streamin.me/v/2ad6bb79

Referee later stopped the game and got the stadium announcer to say he'll stop the game if the lasers in players' eyes continued. Yet it still went on during Neymar's penalty.

Edit: 5-1 to Brazil; full-time. Alisson played all 90 minutes, Bobby and Stan didn't get off the bench for Brazil.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 09:20:22 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2186 on: September 27, 2022, 09:24:19 pm »
Jota has been subbed.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #2187 on: September 28, 2022, 12:03:09 am »
Neymar is a cheating bastard, good but over-rated as a footballer as well. You can almost see him deciding which part of his leg he's going to hold as he goes down. Can't actually reach his foot where the contact is made so goes for further up the leg, what's the point with players like that. It's a friendly and they are 4-1 up at the time as well.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #2188 on: September 28, 2022, 04:02:15 am »
Lucho Diaz not faring well for Colombia v Mexico. Being played in California.

He gave away a penalty in the first minutes, correct call.

He has had some energy in attack. Had a half chance which went over the bar.

Mexico leads 2-0 at half time.

2-1. Colombia score a header from a corner.

2-2 52nd minute. Luis Sinisterra scored both goals.

3-2 Colombia. Wilmar Barrios First time volley into the corner of the net.

Diaz subbed off 91st minute. He had one decent chance second half. But his curler was straight at Ochoa.

FT Colombia 3-2 Mexico.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 04:57:07 am by 4pool »
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2189 on: September 28, 2022, 08:05:14 am »
You really painted a story of how that game went 4pool. At the start I was concerned for Diaz but by the last line it ended well. Thanks for that.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 08:18:15 am by killer-heels »

Online BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #2190 on: September 28, 2022, 09:21:05 am »
Lucho Diaz not faring well for Colombia v Mexico.

According to the official site: "Luis Diaz stars in Colombia's comeback win against Mexico" ;D

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/luis-diaz-stars-colombias-comeback-win-against-mexico

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #2191 on: September 28, 2022, 12:39:44 pm »
I watched the Scotland game. We were very under strength, heavy rain In Krakow & lots of players running on empty. We gave up trying to score on about 20 minutes. It was pretty tedious, but both sets of players seemed right up for it, which surprised me. Finished the requisite 0-0 for Scotland to gain promotion. Which I guess is good?
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #2192 on: September 28, 2022, 03:24:47 pm »
According to the official site: "Luis Diaz stars in Colombia's comeback win against Mexico" ;D

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/luis-diaz-stars-colombias-comeback-win-against-mexico

I watched the whole match. Luis  "Stars" would be a bit of a stretch. lol.

Don't get me wrong he played decently. I'd give him a 7.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #2193 on: June 9, 2023, 11:00:17 am »
'Internationals: When and where the Reds are playing in June':-

www.liverpoolfc.com/news/internationals-when-and-where-reds-are-playing-june

'The Netherlands are set to host the finals of the 2023 UEFA Nations League and will play Croatia in the first semi-final on June 14.

Cody Gakpo and Virgil van Dijk are both in the Dutch squad and will hope to lead their nation to the final on June 18 against the winner of the other last-four tie: Italy v Spain. A third-place play-off will also be held on June 18.

Trent Alexander-Arnold and Jordan Henderson, meanwhile, have been called up by England for a pair of Euro 2024 qualifiers.

The Three Lions travel to Malta on Friday June 16 and then head to Old Trafford to play North Macedonia three days later.

Harvey Elliott and Curtis Jones will be part of an England U21s training camp ahead of this summer’s U21 European Championship, with the Young Lions’ tournament squad to be announced on June 14.

Didier Deschamps has included Ibrahima Konate in his 23-man France squad for qualification games in Gibraltar on June 16 and at home against Greece on June 19.

Kostas Tsimikas could feature in the latter game and his nation also face Caoimhin Kelleher’s Republic of Ireland three days earlier. The Irish then tackle Gibraltar.

Scotland have taken six points from their opening two Euro 2024 qualifiers and captain Andy Robertson will look to help them to further victories when he leads the side in Norway on June 17 and at home to Georgia on June 20.

On the same dates, Diogo Jota’s Portugal take on Bosnia-Herzegovina and Iceland respectively.

Brazil have Alisson Becker among their ranks for friendly matches in Europe against Naby Keita’s Guinea (June 17) and Senegal (June 20).

Colombia are also heading to Europe for a pair of friendlies and Luis Diaz is in the squad for meetings with Iraq in Valencia on June 16 and Germany on June 20.

Egypt are set to face Guinea in a qualification match for next year’s Africa Cup of Nations, with Mohamed Salah up against departing Reds teammate Keita on June 14.

A point would seal Egypt’s spot at the tournament, four days ahead of their friendly with South Sudan.'

Pre-season training starts on... July 8th for Non-Internationals, and July 11th for Internationals.

« Last Edit: June 9, 2023, 12:32:05 pm by oojason »

Online Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #2194 on: June 9, 2023, 11:06:52 am »
An insane schedule, the boys don't really have a proper break, even though the season finished 2 weeks ago.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2195 on: June 9, 2023, 11:16:23 am »
Yeah it's just ridiculous at this point.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
« Reply #2196 on: June 9, 2023, 12:24:30 pm »
Kone & Thuram are with the France U23's as well  ;)
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2197 on: June 9, 2023, 02:28:39 pm »
Anyone know if Mac going to Asia with Argentina?
v Australia in China
v Indonesia in Jakarta

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #2198 on: June 10, 2023, 12:02:50 pm »
Anyone know if Mac going to Asia with Argentina?
v Australia in China
v Indonesia in Jakarta

He was in the squad announcement for their tour mate - https://twitter.com/Argentina/status/1662490068697710595?

I haven't heard anything about him withdrawing from it / Mac maybe needing 'settling in' time here, buy a house etc (though could well be wrong be on that).

If Egypt get that point vs Guinea in the ACN Qualifier, then Salah would be away for the 2023 ACN Cup (played in January 2024). He'd be the only Liverpool player in the tournament.

The tournament runs from 13 January – 11 February 2024... though it is likely Mo would be away a few days / a week earlier to prepare with his squad etc?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023_Africa_Cup_of_Nations & https://www.cafonline.com/africa-cup-of-nations/

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #2199 on: June 10, 2023, 12:16:09 pm »
Does the PL winter break coincide with a bit of that? (Hopefully!)
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."