The Liverpool FC Forum > Anfield Stadium

Anfield use close season for concerts and other sports

<< < (2/23) > >>

rob1966:

--- Quote from: richmiller1 on August 21, 2018, 08:16:42 pm ---Also, how could Anfield possibly host NFL? Pitch is too short surely?

--- End quote ---

An NFL pitch is 120 yards including the end zone - Anfield is 110yds. I think there is just enough space behind the goals to get the extra 5 yds needed

RedorRed:
Why not provide the residents within a certain area free tickets for the events which they could either use or sell back to the club at face value?

That way they could enjoy the event or at least receive some money back for their inconvenience. Selling back to the club would help avoid the tickets getting into the hands of touts.

The outlay would be far less than the revenues generated..... I mean you could also throw in some food and drink vouchers and it still wouldn’t make a dent in the profits.

CraigDS:
It's not like the stadium suddenly sprung up. It's been there for over 100 years attracting huge crowds and noise to the area. I imagine the vast majority of the local residents have moved there in the last 20-30 years, after all the noise and inconvenience started happening and is no doubt partly why house prices/rents are cheaper.

the_red_pill:
What's the deal with everyone getting in on hosting NFL games nowadays? Chelsea's doing it, Spuds will be doing, City are doing it... dunno about United.
I imagine the NFL has gone through the whole supporter opposition against games being overseas(like our's do) so will these games be part of the NFL season or will it be during their off-season?

rob1966:

--- Quote from: CraigDS on August 22, 2018, 11:38:35 am ---It's not like the stadium suddenly sprung up. It's been there for over 100 years attracting huge crowds and noise to the area. I imagine the vast majority of the local residents have moved there in the last 20-30 years, after all the noise and inconvenience started happening and is no doubt partly why house prices/rents are cheaper.

--- End quote ---

Agree you cannot complain about the match day stuff, but concerts are a different proposition, as they were never part of the equation and they are a lot louder than a match and go on a lot longer.

--- Quote from: the_red_pill on August 22, 2018, 07:43:16 pm ---What's the deal with everyone getting in on hosting NFL games nowadays? Chelsea's doing it, Spuds will be doing, City are doing it... dunno about United.
I imagine the NFL has gone through the whole supporter opposition against games being overseas(like our's do) so will these games be part of the NFL season or will it be during their off-season?

--- End quote ---
Money.

They are regular season NFL games. A lot of the Franchises move around, so the loyalty isn't there like we have. Over the last 5 years, the Jacksonville Jaguars and the Oakland Raiders have appeared as the home team 9 times between them - the Jaguars were formed about 18 years ago, the Raiders have moved from Oakland to LA and back to Oakland. The LA Chargers will be appearing this year, they used to be the San Diego Chargers and the Tenessse Titans used to be the Houston Oilers.. Of the famous, established big name teams, only the Miami Dolphins and the San Francisco 49ers have appeared as the home team. The New York Giants, Jets, Washington Redskins, Dallas Cowboys, Chicago Bears, New England Patriots, Denver Broncos and Philadelphia Eagles have only ever been the away team with mainly one appearance in the 11 years of playing in London. In the States, I don't think many fans go to away games, probably due to the huge distances involved. I picked the Redskins in the early 80's, they play in the NFC East, made up of the Redskins, Dallas Cowboys, NY Giants and the Eagles.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version