The Liverpool FC Forum > Former LFC Players

David James

(1/3) > >>

Illmatic:
Given the money in the game it is always surprising to hear a player declaring themselves bankrupt, more so for someone who played at the top of game for so much of PL era. 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/fameandfortune/10835644/Former-England-footballer-David-James-declares-himself-bankrupt.html

CornerFlag:
"According to a report in The S*n..."

No direct quotes either.  Not to shit on you mate but, yeah, you can guess the source material is not the greatest place.

Illmatic:

--- Quote from: CornerFlag on May 18, 2014, 02:57:09 pm ---"According to a report in The S*n..."

No direct quotes either.  Not to shit on you mate but, yeah, you can guess the source material is not the greatest place.

--- End quote ---

Not the best source I know but a number players do go bankrupt and given the vast amounts of money on offer to top pros like James it's always a surprise to hear it. Keith Gillespie has gone record and detailed how he blew over 7M.   

AndyInVA:
I read this in the telegraph also. It surprises me more younger players don't do stupid stuff with the insane money they get a very young age. But maybe their horizons are not yet wide enough to start investing in properties where they can really lose money. 

The odd thing about david James though is that he usually comes across as a smart intelligent guy. I didn't really expect to piss money away b

JerseyKloppite:
Saw something about Chris Sutton too. Bizarre.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version