Author Topic: Spirit of Shankly Q&A  (Read 299594 times)

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
Re: Spirit of Shankly Q&A
« Reply #120 on: January 12, 2010, 02:18:44 pm »
I can see you have your work cut out in here Graham so you probably missed this or thought you'd answered it.
I don't want to labour the point but I'm genuinely interested in what's being done.

When you said earlier that you had worked with Share LFC since it started I was possibly under the impression things were a bit more concrete.
What sort of work has been done with them?

We met with them quite early after they were formed (it was around the time that we were) to see if there were areas of mutual interest. Nothing more came of these earlier meetings while they got themselves going.

Subsequently, around the start of last year they initiated more of a dialogue as they saw the union as maybe a bit more "real" (their organisation being very internet based and loosely managed) and the fact that maybe we had more credibility due to the fact that we had delivered a number of results.

A joint working party was formed which is how things stand at the moment. We feed our views in about their ideas (for instance we banged away about £5k being too high an entry level) and currently support their aims albeit with a critical eye.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: January 12, 2010, 02:30:46 pm »
We met with them quite early after they were formed (it was around the time that we were) to see if there were areas of mutual interest. Nothing more came of these earlier meetings while they got themselves going.

Subsequently, around the start of last year they initiated more of a dialogue as they saw the union as maybe a bit more "real" (their organisation being very internet based and loosely managed) and the fact that maybe we had more credibility due to the fact that we had delivered a number of results.

A joint working party was formed which is how things stand at the moment. We feed our views in about their ideas (for instance we banged away about £5k being too high an entry level) and currently support their aims albeit with a critical eye.

Cheers mate.
So has anything concrete come from those meetings as a means of moving forward on the fan ownership side?
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: January 12, 2010, 04:12:56 pm »
Cheers mate.
So has anything concrete come from those meetings as a means of moving forward on the fan ownership side?

They are still keen to see their model move forward (see their website).

We're looking at what we can do to compliment it - but nothing concrete on that to report yet.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: January 12, 2010, 04:33:57 pm »
They are still keen to see their model move forward (see their website).

We're looking at what we can do to compliment it - but nothing concrete on that to report yet.

O.K mate cheers.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Jonno_

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #124 on: January 13, 2010, 04:29:29 pm »
The thing I don't get is, why not just not show up to a game? Why doesn't Liverpool just say - fuck it - and not go. To me this sends the biggest message to the owners. And yes, I do realise the 'we have to support the boys' thingo, but there is a short term, and long term.

Offline OLDIE

• WORLDIE
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: January 13, 2010, 04:55:16 pm »
I would like to ask a few questions of SOS but before I do that I would like to put on record my gratitude to SOS for starting this thread, as it gives people like me the opportunity to raise legitimate concerns.

My first question is quite simple.

The perception given by some members and indeed some non members of SOS is that the fans union is a bunch of lads who if you agree with are fine, but if not then you are at best shouted down or a worst accused of being a Yank Lover or whatever.

What plans if any do SOS have to address the problem of perception ?

I have taken the time to read the SOS website and quite frankly I agree with what SOS stands for and applaud the work in the community. I can recall the Militant era back in the early to mid 80's and whilst I was a great supporter of what that stood for I argued that our biggest failing was that we looked like a bunch of thugs who marched at the drop of a hat and made unreasonable demands on those who opposed our viewpoint.

I do not accuse SOS of being the new militant but I honestly believe that a policy of free speach and tolerance to those who truely love LFC but disagree with the agenda at the time be produced and placed on line would help, furthermore a policy whereby SOS disassociate themselves from agressive behaviour against any individual who expresses a view different to that being put forward by the union would also help.

I totally accept that SOS cannot be held responsible for the one off comments made by some members nor can they be held to account for any behaviour that may transgress normal debate, by disassociating itself from this behaviour SOS would be able to take the moral high ground. Action can be taken ( A Bit like the watched system on this site) against and member who screams "If you dont agree with SOS then fuck off" or words to that effect.

The fact that a union is required is a sad inditment of our times and as SOS is the leading fans Union for our club, if it took a lesson from the "The Liverpool Way" the the advancement of the union would in my opinion hold no bounds.

My Second question is

Given the nature of the support that Liverpool FC receives from all around the world and given the revenue strams available to the club, would it not be worthwhile for SOS to tap into those revenue streams thus creating a fighting fund for members and or funds for exclusive use of the Union in promoting the message worldwide. What is the view of SOS

3.  With all the community work that SOS is undertaking has SOS applied for CIC status

4.  The present owners will not be here to eternity, how do SOS see themselves post H&G

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: January 14, 2010, 11:13:19 am »
The thing I don't get is, why not just not show up to a game? Why doesn't Liverpool just say - fuck it - and not go. To me this sends the biggest message to the owners. And yes, I do realise the 'we have to support the boys' thingo, but there is a short term, and long term.

This has been considered on a number of occasions and for now has been discarded as an idea (it was voted down at a recent general meeting).

The reason is that firstly the fan base is large enough that a boycott of buying tickets would not succeed as there will always be people next in the queue who will ignore a boycott and buy tickets.

Secondly, a season ticket boycott of a game would also not succeed as at the moment we have to admit that there is insufficient support for one to make it a success. To announce a boycott and for it to fail would be very counter productive and make us an open goal to our opposition who would say that we did not have proper support.

Finally, a delayed entrance or early exit from the ground have similarly been dismissed as difficult to marshal and in certain circumstances potentially dangerous.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: January 14, 2010, 11:35:04 am »
My first question is quite simple. The perception given by some members and indeed some non members of SOS is that the fans union is a bunch of lads who if you agree with are fine, but if not then you are at best shouted down or a worst accused of being a Yank Lover or whatever.

What plans if any do SOS have to address the problem of perception ?

I totally accept that SOS cannot be held responsible for the one off comments made by some members nor can they be held to account for any behaviour that may transgress normal debate, by disassociating itself from this behaviour SOS would be able to take the moral high ground. Action can be taken ( A Bit like the watched system on this site) against and member who screams "If you dont agree with SOS then fuck off" or words to that effect.

The fact that a union is required is a sad inditment of our times and as SOS is the leading fans Union for our club, if it took a lesson from the "The Liverpool Way" the the advancement of the union would in my opinion hold no bounds.

I have seen this mentioned a few times.

Firstly, as I am sure you'd accept we cannot do anything about non members and what they say about the Union, whether they agree or disagree with what we stand for.

Secondly, all Committee members where possible (and not all post to websites) say time after time that all we do is represent our members and do not profess to represent all fans. If I had a pound for everytime that I had read from a non-member that "they don't represent me" then we'd have bought the Club months ago.

You have to balance free speech as well. If a member enters into a debate with a non member and they have an exchange of views that the mods on here feel does not transgress site rules then I don't see why we would step in. However there's no place for abuse or aggression and no doubt a member stepping over this line could be reported to the Union. We have a disciplinary process (which is to be updated).

Let me give you another example - on one of the Hicks Junior threads on here Fat Scouser clearly got irritated about people making negative comments about the removal of Tommy Junior and the Union's role. I don't know if he's an SOS member but he was dissmissive and quite short with those criticising the Union. Some said he was stifling debate, for me, he was showing irritation and didn't cross any line.

The bottom line is that if you review Committee member's posts (and  PMs and emails from Committee members) you will see critics being dealt with constructively and asked to come to meetings and join the Union and let their voice be heard.

At the end of the day one person's debate is another person's abuse.

My Second question is given the nature of the support that Liverpool FC receives from all around the world and given the revenue strams available to the club, would it not be worthwhile for SOS to tap into those revenue streams thus creating a fighting fund for members and or funds for exclusive use of the Union in promoting the message worldwide. What is the view of SOS

The Union has significant funds at its disposal from its membership funds, donations and funds generated from events. Grant aid has also been obtained and we expect to see an increase in our merchandising during this year to also raise funds.

With all the community work that SOS is undertaking has SOS applied for CIC status

This is out of my area of expertise but I am sure that Paul Gardner will read this and respond as our Community Officer.

The present owners will not be here to eternity, how do SOS see themselves post H&G

We will not disband.

Going forward we see a vibrant supporters' union as essential to hold whoever owns the Club to account and to assist and campaign on a range of supporter issues relating to both Liverpool Football Club and football generally.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 12:01:14 pm by Graham Smith »
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Paul Gardner

• Terrace Artist
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Secretary
    • Spirit of Shankly
« Reply #128 on: January 14, 2010, 02:04:34 pm »
On the CIC point, at the moment I don't think it would be an option. The main thing for this would be that you would have to form a subsidiary or possibly completely separate company due to regulations with being a CIC and what the union's set up is currently. You would then need extra people and then maybe staff separate from the Union (This could be done if needed and means could be gained though). Its a possibility to create something like a CIC in the union's name or at least that people know that it is linked to do something like coaching camps etc not only in Liverpool, but across the country, and other related community activities as well. This could be something to look at further down the line.

On that point though, there is always a lot of things we are doing in the background to gain further knowledge and look at avenues for advancement. Relating to CIC's I attended the Social Enterprise North West Conference at Aintree Racecourse last Summer to learn more.

On our community activities we do now though, they are limited by however many people we can get to help out. So if there are more people able to help out in whatever way, whether its to help organise, or just to participate on the day, then we would be able to much more than we are already doing. If anyone wants to offer their help they should contact me at community@spiritofshankly.com. I can then let you know of any events, or if I know we have certain expertise available can plan an event which might not have been possibly previously.

Offline Mr Mojo Risin'

• No longer counts double
  • Legacy Fan
  • i've been down so god damn long
« Reply #129 on: January 14, 2010, 05:00:05 pm »
Why can't SOS take the mantle that ShareLiverpool started( but has seemed to have took their foot off ).
Speed up the process in finding out where we all stand ,as in what amount of monies could
possibly be raised if needed.
Get some heavy weights to back the union, and be sat in the wings ready
and waiting for that day when the club is up for sale.
At least as fans we need to be in a situation where we have some sort of idea if this plan of ownership
is at all feasible.
DON'T BUY THE  SUN.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: January 14, 2010, 05:01:52 pm »
Why can't SOS take the mantle that ShareLiverpool started( but has seemed to have took their foot off ).
Speed up the process in finding out where we all stand ,as in what amount of monies could
At least as fans we need to be in a situation where we have some sort of idea if this plan of ownership
is at all feasible.

We hope to make progress on this during this year.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline OLDIE

• WORLDIE
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: January 14, 2010, 09:49:59 pm »
On the CIC point, at the moment I don't think it would be an option. The main thing for this would be that you would have to form a subsidiary or possibly completely separate company due to regulations with being a CIC and what the union's set up is currently. You would then need extra people and then maybe staff separate from the Union (This could be done if needed and means could be gained though). Its a possibility to create something like a CIC in the union's name or at least that people know that it is linked to do something like coaching camps etc not only in Liverpool, but across the country, and other related community activities as well. This could be something to look at further down the line.

On that point though, there is always a lot of things we are doing in the background to gain further knowledge and look at avenues for advancement. Relating to CIC's I attended the Social Enterprise North West Conference at Aintree Racecourse last Summer to learn more.

On our community activities we do now though, they are limited by however many people we can get to help out. So if there are more people able to help out in whatever way, whether its to help organise, or just to participate on the day, then we would be able to much more than we are already doing. If anyone wants to offer their help they should contact me at community@spiritofshankly.com. I can then let you know of any events, or if I know we have certain expertise available can plan an event which might not have been possibly previously.

Thanks for your response.

I think the CIC route is a way forward and I am pleased that you have looked at the options available and have not ruled out a future formation.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: January 15, 2010, 03:05:29 am »
is at all feasible.

My argument for a long time.
Having a viable alternative to put to the owners while they arse around looking for new investors will put us in a very strong position.
Not to mention offering the fans something concrete to rally around........thus swelling the membership and levels of support.

As I've already said......Trying to catch a tiger without having any idea what you are going to do with it once you do!

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Paul Gardner

• Terrace Artist
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Secretary
    • Spirit of Shankly
« Reply #133 on: January 15, 2010, 08:39:12 am »
My argument for a long time.
Having a viable alternative to put to the owners while they arse around looking for new investors will put us in a very strong position.
Not to mention offering the fans something concrete to rally around........thus swelling the membership and levels of support.

As I've already said......Trying to catch a tiger without having any idea what you are going to do with it once you do!

As Graham said above, its something we hope to make progress on this year.

Offline redmen77

• Legacy Fan
  • Prepared to die for the King!
« Reply #134 on: February 4, 2010, 04:40:35 pm »
As Graham said above, its something we hope to make progress on this year.
I've mentioned this in the CP minutes post but didn't receive a response. I just wondered whether or not SOS should utilise the benefit of its current profile to craft an open letter to new investors explaining what we expect of them and what they can expect from SOS in return? Clearly CP does not want to engage SOS in this, so this would be a way of getting your point across and give future investors who are genuinely looking to be true custodians of the club a greater degree of comfort.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: February 4, 2010, 10:36:32 pm »
I've mentioned this in the CP minutes post but didn't receive a response. I just wondered whether or not SOS should utilise the benefit of its current profile to craft an open letter to new investors explaining what we expect of them and what they can expect from SOS in return? Clearly CP does not want to engage SOS in this, so this would be a way of getting your point across and give future investors who are genuinely looking to be true custodians of the club a greater degree of comfort.

This is something we are considering in the hope that a new investor might see us as a potential ally (subject to our members being happy with their plans).
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline brenh

• Main Stander
  • SOS MEMEBER 140
« Reply #136 on: February 5, 2010, 08:10:51 am »
fao graham smith

im a member of sos i lost my badge the one was given to me when you join as a member is there any chance of having a new one im willing to pay for it so could you let us know

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: February 5, 2010, 09:46:53 am »
fao graham smith

im a member of sos i lost my badge the one was given to me when you join as a member is there any chance of having a new one im willing to pay for it so could you let us know

email admin@spiritofshankly.com - Samantha will sort it out.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline brenh

• Main Stander
  • SOS MEMEBER 140
« Reply #138 on: February 6, 2010, 07:11:01 pm »
thanks mate i will email her now

Offline redmen77

• Legacy Fan
  • Prepared to die for the King!
« Reply #139 on: February 9, 2010, 10:16:36 am »
Big well done on the open letter, think it captures exactly where SOS needs to position itself now and the future.

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: February 14, 2010, 11:00:35 pm »
Graham

I have a couple of questions on the Accounts published on Sunday. I hope this is the place to ask them? If not then please direct me to the correct thread :)

1. Where is the income from membership fees recognised in the accounts?

2. What makes up the events income of £21,939?

3. Who owns the 2,104 ordinary shares?

4. What were the donations paid of £13,616 in respect of?

5. Accountancy fees of £1,093 appear to be high given the level of income and number of transactions in the accounts. Does this figure also include bookeeping fees and if so does it include any other professional services? I presume the costs of setting up and registering the society are included in this figure?

Cheers

Alan

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: February 15, 2010, 12:51:13 am »
Alan,

Leave this with me. I'll come back shortly,

G.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline jimjam55

• Main Stander
  • trust in rafa
« Reply #142 on: February 15, 2010, 09:32:29 am »
1 do you think that by taking "direct Action" like attempting to ban owners from the club, will encourage prospective investors to retain interest
2  do you think your hand sprayed banner at the derby match, "sos welcomes proper owners" will encourage new investment.
3 I was around during the Shankly era and have witnessed 13 league championship wins and attended the 1977 rome final,how well did you know Bill Shankly.
4 do some of the you tube videos depict the throwing of bottles and nazi type salutes
jimjam

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: February 15, 2010, 09:37:13 am »
Alan,

Leave this with me. I'll come back shortly,

G.
Cheers Graham

Offline Mr Mojo Risin'

• No longer counts double
  • Legacy Fan
  • i've been down so god damn long
« Reply #144 on: February 15, 2010, 09:53:49 am »
1 do you think that by taking "direct Action" like attempting to ban owners from the club, will encourage prospective investors to retain interest
2  do you think your hand sprayed banner at the derby match, "sos welcomes proper owners" will encourage new investment.
3 I was around during the Shankly era and have witnessed 13 league championship wins and attended the 1977 rome final,how well did you know Bill Shankly.
4 do some of the you tube videos depict the throwing of bottles and nazi type salutes
You are a wind up, surely?'' How fucking well do you know Shankly?''!!! Because you were around, and went to a final, does
that mean you know him well?
It's obvious you view the yanks in a good light, i've read your posts, so your feelings aboutnthe way the club
is being run are there to see.
And while i'm here, what are you on aboutr re the videos?
DON'T BUY THE  SUN.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: February 15, 2010, 11:18:16 am »

We are certain that our message to the owners is entirely distinguishable to new investors in that it is clear that our campaign is not against the Club and not against new, proper investors.

We know this from the fact that we had contact with DIC as new investors when they were sniffing around some time ago - they were clearly not put off and we have no reason to believe that current interested parties are put off - in fact the opposite is the case.

This was just part (plus our website announcement) of us clarifying to our members, other Liverpool fans and potential new investors that we were not anti anyone new coming in - just anti Hicks and Gillett.

Of course we would expect a totally different style of management with any new investors - one that didn't threaten the existence of our Club for instance.

Probably in common with you I didn't personally know him at all, but also in common with you myself, and a significant number of Committee and other Union members, have been watching since the 60s.

Additionally our "patron" is Karen Gill, who is Shanks' granddaughter, she knew him of course, and is very supportive of our aims and comfortable with our actions and the use of her grandfather's name.

If this is a reference to our End of Season Party - I don't accept the scurrilous suggestion of "Nazi style" salutes and would challenge you to justify this.

Clearly we were emabarrassed about what happened and condemned it afterwards - we have put steps in place to avoid this happening again.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #146 on: February 15, 2010, 03:43:57 pm »
Hi Graham

Loads of people would have joined recently, on the back of the Purslow minutes thing, myself included. Quick question - how long between submitting membership applications and receiving some sort of official confirmation can one expect to wait? Presumably OOCs will need to allow more time than non-OOCs?

Looking forward to getting a badge (if you still do them) :wave

Cheers.
/j

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: February 15, 2010, 05:32:07 pm »
Hi Graham

Loads of people would have joined recently, on the back of the Purslow minutes thing, myself included. Quick question - how long between submitting membership applications and receiving some sort of official confirmation can one expect to wait? Presumably OOCs will need to allow more time than non-OOCs?

Looking forward to getting a badge (if you still do them) :wave

Cheers.
/j

I'll check overnight and get back to you. There has been a surge in memberships.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #148 on: February 15, 2010, 06:11:10 pm »
I'll check overnight and get back to you. There has been a surge in memberships.
That's a good thing :thumbup (Oh and I was asking as much for others' benefit as for my own :) )

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #149 on: February 15, 2010, 08:22:56 pm »
Graham

I have a couple of questions on the Accounts published on Sunday. I hope this is the place to ask them? If not then please direct me to the correct thread :)

Share Capital £21,040 raised from selling 2104 shares at £10 each.

Offline weebroalan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: February 15, 2010, 10:30:33 pm »
Share Capital £21,040 raised from selling 2104 shares at £10 each.
Sure I get that part.

My question is in relation to who contrbuted the £10 for each share i.e.who owns them and how many does each person own.

As far as I understand the provident society aspect each 'member'/shareholder only gets one vote at a general meeting regardless of how many £10 shares they own.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: February 15, 2010, 10:47:04 pm »
Sure I get that part.

My question is in relation to who contrbuted the £10 for each share i.e.who owns them and how many does each person own.

As far as I understand the provident society aspect each 'member'/shareholder only gets one vote at a general meeting regardless of how many £10 shares they own.

Correct.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: February 16, 2010, 10:14:27 am »
That's a good thing :thumbup (Oh and I was asking as much for others' benefit as for my own :) )

Samantha, our Membership Officer, has emailed me saying:

"They should start receiving emails from us as soon as they sign up. I do a membership run approx once a month."

If you haven't received anything then please email her at membership@spiritofshankly.com
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline J-PH

• I wanna take you to a Gay Bar, Gay Bar.
  • Legacy Fan
  • www.spiritofshankly.com
« Reply #153 on: February 17, 2010, 12:08:53 am »
Graham

2. What makes up the events income of £21,939?

4. What were the donations paid of £13,616 in respect of?

5. Accountancy fees of £1,093 appear to be high given the level of income and number of transactions in the accounts. Does this figure also include bookeeping fees and if so does it include any other professional services? I presume the costs of setting up and registering the society are included in this figure?

Cheers

Alan

Alan

Thanks for the questions.

1.  There is no income from membership fees during this period.  Each £10 membership fee is represented in the Share Capital account.  For future years, members who renew will see their £10 subscription (renewal) in the accounts as income.

2.  The vast majority of the events income is made up from the end of season do in May ’08 (~£9000) and the night the Union held in aid of the “Michael Shields Bring Him Home Fund” (~£12000).

3.  The members of the Union own the Shares, one Share per member.  You can read more about the Shares in our Constitution.

4.  The donations for the period were mostly made as a result of the Michael Shields night (~£12000) with the rest local charity inc. HJC/HFH.

5.  The Accountancy fees represent the preparation of the accounts, preparation of a corporation tax computation and submission to HMRC and completion and submission of annual return form.

Offline weebroalan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: February 17, 2010, 09:07:42 am »
Alan

Thanks for the questions.

1.  There is no income from membership fees during this period.  Each £10 membership fee is represented in the Share Capital account.  For future years, members who renew will see their £10 subscription (renewal) in the accounts as income.

2.  The vast majority of the events income is made up from the end of season do in May ’08 (~£9000) and the night the Union held in aid of the “Michael Shields Bring Him Home Fund” (~£12000).

3.  The members of the Union own the Shares, one Share per member.  You can read more about the Shares in our Constitution.

4.  The donations for the period were mostly made as a result of the Michael Shields night (~£12000) with the rest local charity inc. HJC/HFH.

5.  The Accountancy fees represent the preparation of the accounts, preparation of a corporation tax computation and submission to HMRC and completion and submission of annual return form.

Excellent - cheers for that Graham

Offline weebroalan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: February 17, 2010, 09:12:04 am »
Just read the constitution part about the shares and that makes it very clear (I should have looked there first!).

Offline Hendoben

• Main Stander
« Reply #156 on: February 22, 2010, 02:14:21 pm »
I'm surprised that the SOS twitter account only has 1300 followers. Twitter being an amazing tool to spread the word and all that it seems like they are missing a step here.

http://twitter.com/spiritofshankly

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: February 22, 2010, 03:49:41 pm »
I'm surprised that the SOS twitter account only has 1300 followers. Twitter being an amazing tool to spread the word and all that it seems like they are missing a step here.

Edited - Paul Gardner will no doubt post about this issue.

I know we have over 17000 on Facebook.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 05:08:25 pm by Graham Smith »
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Paul Gardner

• Terrace Artist
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Secretary
    • Spirit of Shankly
« Reply #158 on: February 22, 2010, 05:22:12 pm »

Over 17,600 on facebook as well. Facebook is doing much better than Twitter for reasons I can't explain. I would have to post a lot more regularly on there and start following as many reds as possible to help get the numbers up possibly.

http://www.facebook.com/spiritofshankly

Also, we have a few celebs with SOS twibbons on there.

http://twitter.com/MarkMoraghan

http://twitter.com/AdamWoodyatt

The former is a member, the latter isn't yet, but said he will when Mark and others have asked him. So if you on twitter, remind him.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 05:24:13 pm by Paul Gardner »

Offline Paul Gardner

• Terrace Artist
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Secretary
    • Spirit of Shankly
« Reply #159 on: February 22, 2010, 05:51:45 pm »
That gave me an idea to hopefully boost things on there.