Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2819775 times)

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Mohamed Salah - African Player of the Year 2017
« Reply #3360 on: March 18, 2018, 07:59:00 am »
Salah, Salah.

I was just going to complain a few days back that he does not score hat tricks etc and now he has scored 4 in match. To me he needs to score 5 goals a game in at least 2 matches to win the Ballon d'or (Man City home and Everton away will be nice). Leading Egypt to World Cup win will also be nice.

Wnining the Champions League is the only way he gets a chance at ballon d'or and it is the only way he'll deserve to win it.

What he needs is a new contract, asap. This guy will always score well. This isn't a fluke. maybe he doesn't score at this level next season but he will get 20+ goals every season he plays here guaranteed. His pace, tenacity, skill and positioning will see to that

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3361 on: March 18, 2018, 08:03:22 am »
He's ridiculous. Everything looks so easy with him. But credit to Klopp to for fitting him perfectly in the system. I don't think he would be this good elsewhere.

I think that is more true of Firmino imo. Salah would easily improve Madrid and score at this level if they get shot of Bale. Not trolling or being a bedwetter btw

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #3362 on: March 18, 2018, 09:38:05 am »
 ;D

Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Big Dirk

• But with Little Harnds. One of these is incorrerct.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #3363 on: March 18, 2018, 09:41:09 am »
Looking at that pic above would anyone have a clear one of his hatrick goal surrounded by all the Watford players it reminds me of that Maradona pic surrounded by the Belgium team?
Born a Red-Live a Red-Die a Red

Offline TheFlyingScouseman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nice day
« Reply #3364 on: March 18, 2018, 09:42:57 am »
Ugh. The bitters are just gonna set out to injure him, aren't they?

Won't be able to get within 15 square miles of him

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3365 on: March 18, 2018, 09:59:27 am »
after Suarez left, i thought we won´t see a better player than him a long long time...

Salah is on his way to history books... i thought he will be a good player for us, but what he is achieving is golden ball worthy.

also, Coutinho who? :D

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #3366 on: March 18, 2018, 10:22:36 am »
Who knew he had a right foot.

Just think about this for a second. He has room for improvement.

We have got a balon d'or winner on our hands
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #3367 on: March 18, 2018, 10:28:37 am »
Who knew he had a right foot.

Just think about this for a second. He has room for improvement.

We have got a balon d'or winner on our hands

Scary thought that! For opposition defenders that is!

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3368 on: March 18, 2018, 10:28:49 am »
I don’t think he’s getting enough credit for that 3rd goal. It was ridiculous. That touch with his right foot, just before the shot. Just ridiculous.

Was hoping he’d save his hat trick for the CL final, but hey, he can score one then too!
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #3369 on: March 18, 2018, 10:31:52 am »
Scary thought that! For opposition defenders that is!

He thoroughly embarrassed decent defenders yesterday and has done throughout the season. If he is going to be on a level with the likes of Messi he needs to do this at the very highest level starting with the qf against city. They are the sort of games where the truly great players make the difference
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline kezzy

• Kopite
« Reply #3370 on: March 18, 2018, 10:43:33 am »
Hope he gets 50 goals.  With 7 league games and 5 champions league games (we're gonna win it) then i don't see why not.  Also give him a nice big pay rise along with Bobby to stop any nonsense in the summer from the spanish vultures. 

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3371 on: March 18, 2018, 10:53:24 am »
Hope he gets 50 goals.  With 7 league games and 5 champions league games (we're gonna win it) then i don't see why not.  Also give him a nice big pay rise along with Bobby to stop any nonsense in the summer from the spanish vultures.

I don't think we have to worry about this summer to be honest.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3372 on: March 18, 2018, 10:56:23 am »
Out of curiosity, do you think we will increase his wages at the end of the season? Also does he have a release clause?

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3373 on: March 18, 2018, 11:00:03 am »
I suspect he may be offered a new contract along with Bobby. But I think it's doubtful he has a release clause in his current one. Given that seems to be the issue with Emre Can not signing a new one.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #3374 on: March 18, 2018, 11:19:28 am »
He has scored a league goal every 85 minutes, that's an incredible statistic.
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #3375 on: March 18, 2018, 11:20:16 am »
Apart from Salah's usual and obvious brilliance and his 4 goals yesterday, his one touch pass to Ings prior to the former's 4th, was just dreamy.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Qston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #3376 on: March 18, 2018, 11:24:08 am »
I don't think we have to worry about this summer to be honest.

I agree. The likes of PSG and real, and let's be honest they're probably the only 2 who could realistically afford him and we wouldn't sell to city. He would be currently well in excess of 150m and they would want another season to see if it.isnt a 1 season thing. I am in no way advocating selling him but just thinking about when teams would likely to think of spending vast sums.

I actually don't think he would go anywhere at the moment and if we start winning trophies there would be no need for him to be

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3377 on: March 18, 2018, 11:27:15 am »
He's scored the same or more than 5 Premier League teams this season ;D

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #3378 on: March 18, 2018, 11:35:47 am »
Bloody hell though, we paid £30m with £4m in add ons, and the way he so nonchalantly knocks them in, we can kiss that bloody £4m goodbye now.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3379 on: March 18, 2018, 11:48:24 am »
I agree. The likes of PSG and real, and let's be honest they're probably the only 2 who could realistically afford him and we wouldn't sell to city. He would be currently well in excess of 150m and they would want another season to see if it.isnt a 1 season thing. I am in no way advocating selling him but just thinking about when teams would likely to think of spending vast sums.

I actually don't think he would go anywhere at the moment and if we start winning trophies there would be no need for him to be

£150m buys his hair.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3380 on: March 18, 2018, 12:01:29 pm »
So remember how after the United game, some people were saying teams now had a blueprint to stop Salah? Yeah, you might want to rip that one up...

They will just backpeddle and claim it's the way the big guns can stop him because they're the only ones with the quality players.

Still laughable.  Just leave them to their desperate hopes that this is just a purple patch and he'll drop down again next year.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Nottsred

• Main Stander
« Reply #3381 on: March 18, 2018, 12:33:07 pm »
£150m buys his hair.
It will show how ambitious we are when the clubs with money come knocking. We have had to sell Torres, Suarez, Coutinho meanwhile manure keep all there players (except Ronaldo), city have kept Aguero et al and Spurs are showing no signs of letting Kane go.

Let’s see if we can keep him, progression in champions league will help make us more appetising.

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3382 on: March 18, 2018, 12:38:36 pm »
It will show how ambitious we are when the clubs with money come knocking. We have had to sell Torres, Suarez, Coutinho meanwhile manure keep all there players (except Ronaldo), city have kept Aguero et al and Spurs are showing no signs of letting Kane go.

Let’s see if we can keep him, progression in champions league will help make us more appetising.
City and United were/are winning things regularly and Kane is a local lad for Spurs and English, which foreign clubs hardly ever buy nowadays!
But I agree about us showing our ambition, no need for this talk anyway, we've only just bloody signed the lad!

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3383 on: March 18, 2018, 01:07:24 pm »
Okay. Fine. Go ahead. Compare him to Suarez. I will no longer stop you and tell you that Suarez was a level above.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3384 on: March 18, 2018, 01:16:50 pm »
Still need a 20 goal a season striker. Take away Salah's goals, assists and left foot and he's a very ordinary player
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Nottsred

• Main Stander
« Reply #3385 on: March 18, 2018, 01:22:45 pm »
Okay. Fine. Go ahead. Compare him to Suarez. I will no longer stop you and tell you that Suarez was a level above.
Not comparing him to Suarez, merely stating we need to keep hold of our best players at that point in time. When we can hold onto our best players we can realistically mount a title challenge

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #3386 on: March 18, 2018, 01:59:07 pm »
Drone pic of Stanley park today..

Online Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3387 on: March 18, 2018, 02:03:26 pm »
Genuinely thought it would take decades for us to get a player as good as Suarez again but he seems to be the real deal.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3388 on: March 18, 2018, 02:16:36 pm »
Four shots and four goals. If only he was clinical.

Offline LFCsupporter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3389 on: March 18, 2018, 02:24:31 pm »

Bale, Modric. United will lose Degea eventually.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3390 on: March 18, 2018, 03:37:38 pm »
Drone pic of Stanley park today..

Everton wasted money on that cladding to block the view of the main stand. :D
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
« Reply #3391 on: March 18, 2018, 03:52:17 pm »
Four shots and four goals. If only he was clinical.

This aspect is the most impressive part of this season. He isn't just on a roll, he consistently hits the target, makes the keeper work, or misses narrowly. His composure is borne out of his speed of thought. He isn't just flashing at the ball in a hurry, he is seeing the path he needs his shots to take to score. Its the same when he takes on players or makes a pass. He is seeing the opportunity for taking out a player, or putting someone clean through, nothing is speculative.

Yesterday there were numerous dribble attempts that didn't quite come off, but if you look at what he does with the ball, he is trying to put it into a spot where the defender is dead if it comes off. Sometimes the defender gets a foot on it, but when he doesn't Mo is clean through.

Comparisons to Messi in those regards are absolutely reasonable, that is exactly what Messi does over and over.

Offline rojo para la vida

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #3392 on: March 18, 2018, 04:01:48 pm »
Privileged to have my gonads shrink to the size of walnuts while watching high up in the Main Stand last night. How lucky was I?

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #3393 on: March 18, 2018, 07:01:41 pm »
Zero bookings in his 41 games this season.

Offline goalrushatgoodison

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Still waiting for the great leap forward.
« Reply #3394 on: March 18, 2018, 08:04:40 pm »
Comparisons to Messi and Suarez are widespread but for me he looks like the re-incarnation of George Best. He even looks a little like him - Best was more more two footed admittedly but that third goal yesterday was so like something Best would have done.
Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3395 on: March 18, 2018, 08:11:41 pm »
Zero bookings in his 41 games this season.

All that says to me is that he doesn’t take his shirt off enough whilst celebrating.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline cipher

• Kopite
  • Southport & Toronto
« Reply #3396 on: March 18, 2018, 08:22:42 pm »
The goals numbers he approaching are historical, and many are rightfully praising it, but there some very important areas that increase his standing for me and push him to the forefront of the POTY award:

1) Besides running away with the goals title, he is currently tied for 3rd in the league for assists!  This means he has as many as Silva, Alli, Pogba, Mkhitaryan and is ahead of other like Eriksen and Mahrez.   

2) This is his first year in the league and it probably took him a month or two to really get acclimatized to the league.  Think of all those chances he was getting earlier in the year where he was basically scoring 1 in 3 or 4.   His ability to get into those scoring positions is truly world class. 

3) Similarly, his conversion rate seems to be picking up as evidenced by his 4/4 tally yesterday.  For comparison, Kane has taken 162 shots for his 24 goals while Salah has his 28 with only 118 shots.

I still think Suarez edges him for overall play, but I wouldn't be surprised if he passes him in the next year or two.  Also, I'm not saying he's going to continue scoring 30+ goals a year for us, but it wouldn't surprise me and as long as he stays healthy and 20+year seems almost guaranteed based on the way he and our team plays.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 08:24:27 pm by cipher »
Raúl barely had a kick. The nearest he got to greatness was when he shook Gerrard by the hand.   Times - Mar 10,2009.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3397 on: March 18, 2018, 08:28:53 pm »
Suarez's overall gameplay may be slightly better, but Mo is still improving.  A player who is currently around  90% of Suarez's gameplay without all the baggage?  I'll take that!  ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3398 on: March 18, 2018, 08:57:17 pm »
Luis was a mad fucker and that's what gave him his edge. Mo will kill you with his smile.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #3399 on: March 18, 2018, 09:00:24 pm »
All that says to me is that he doesn’t take his shirt off enough whilst celebrating.

So you're saying you're gagging to see him topless?
Better looking than Samie.