Author Topic: The Decisions, Decisions Draft - Derby Day Edition - Discussion & Sign Up Thread  (Read 23643 times)

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
No Marcel DeSailly or A Costacurta either

Did you see Costacurta play at the weekend? Looked well past it :P
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
I don’t know if picking Ronaldinho with the Milan option, having a ton of other options (including playing for both Fla and Flu) is either a major blunder or a master stroke. Guess we’ll find out.

and Gremio  ;D

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
You can thank Betty Blue for that.  Smart actually.

By selecting AC Milan and not say Sampdoria, he makes the defender pool much weaker (knowing Maldini played his whole career at AC Milan).   As soon as Seedorf was taken, the gambit was going to be done to someone :)

Sorry DeFacto --- dem da rules.

I did it very deliberately. Tactical block picking is half of what intrigued me enough to get involved! Hoping for more of it from others :D
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
I don’t know if picking Ronaldinho with the Milan option, having a ton of other options (including playing for both Fla and Flu) is either a major blunder or a master stroke. Guess we’ll find out.

Picked him there deliberately to block them off. He couldn’t be chosen for Fluminense as he didn’t play Flamengo. And I wanted Zico for Flamengo.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
Just PM’d Sheer, he has to pick again as Pirlo didn’t play for Inter in the Milan derby as far as I can tell.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Ok will hold off making a pick.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Mikey's right - I actually checked that on Transfermarkt earlier on but forgot it.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
Am I right in thinking if you pick a player to have played for both sides in a derby you can't then pick another player from that particular derby?
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Am I right in thinking if you pick a player to have played for both sides in a derby you can't then pick another player from that particular derby?

No you still have 1 pick.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
No you still have 1 pick.

So if i'm following that invariably you'll end up with 2 players from the same club but that's ok once he's played for both sides in the derby.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
So if i'm following that invariably you'll end up with 2 players from the same club but that's ok once he's played for both sides in the derby.

I think you need to pick one of the two sides as the main one to check off. Freeing up the other one to pick from later. I might be wrong though.

I only just read the rules properly and realised you can only have one player each from either side of a Derby!  :o  That's actually reeeeeeaaaaalllllly hard.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

• Legacy Fan
I think you need to pick one of the two sides as the main one to check off. Freeing up the other one to pick from later. I might be wrong though

I believe so. In my case, I picked Romario during his Fluminese stint, to allow me to pick a player from Flamengo [He played for both at one stage or another]

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I believe so. In my case, I picked Romario during his Fluminese stint, to allow me to pick a player from Flamengo [He played for both at one stage or another]

Hopefully otherwise I'm already worried  ;D

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Not to be a stickler, but did Trend confirm absolutely that Batigol actually appeared for River Plate in a Derby vs Boca. I took a look around back when it was my pick and couldn't find anything, so left him for another round. Quite possible I missed it somewhere on the interweb out there...

• Legacy Fan
Hopefully otherwise I'm already worried  ;D

You and me both  ;D

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
Not to be a stickler, but did Trend confirm absolutely that Batigol actually appeared for River Plate in a Derby vs Boca. I took a look around back when it was my pick and couldn't find anything, so left him for another round. Quite possible I missed it somewhere on the interweb out there...

I can’t see clear evidence he did. Seen a few videos of the derby games from the season he was at River Plate and it’s hard to tell if he’s in them, as they’re grainy and all the players have the same hair.

Think we have to be consistent and demand evidence. So I’ll message trend and move him to Boca unless we get more info.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
Probably a stupid question but it's late. Can you pick a player to have played for both clubs in a derby if one of the teams is already locked down?

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
Probably a stupid question but it's late. Can you pick a player to have played for both clubs in a derby if one of the teams is already locked down?

Yes but their assigned club has to be the other club and will add to that clubs total.

And if you pick a player who played for both, you can still pick someone who played for the other side as you assign one of the clubs for the player who played for both.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
I can’t see clear evidence he did. Seen a few videos of the derby games from the season he was at River Plate and it’s hard to tell if he’s in them, as they’re grainy and all the players have the same hair.

Think we have to be consistent and demand evidence. So I’ll message trend and move him to Boca unless we get more info.

Felt bad for pointing it out, but you're right, consistency is important in these things. So true about the same hair, haha. One video I found I was convinced they were interviewing Batigol and then it turned out to be some other long haired Argie  ;D

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
Yes but their assigned club has to be the other club and will add to that clubs total.

And if you pick a player who played for both, you can still pick someone who played for the other side as you assign one of the clubs for the player who played for both.

Thankyou. Was in two minds but I just went for the best available player in the end.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders

Appreciate the research and help here BB and Mikey. 

After extensive analysis this evening ---- it appears that Batigol did not play against Boca for River Plate.  He only had 19 appearances before Passarella threw him out of the team and to our friend Tabarez at Boca --->  while he did get 2 past River Plate for Boca --- this is as Betty quite rightly stated, an error which means

1.  I have to change my pick from team (River Plate to Boca Juniors) to keep Batigol
2.  I do not get to use the played in the same derby qualifying part towards the end goal of the draft
3.  Trend is a cheating bastard who is too lazy to actually do some research

On all three accounts --- apologies :)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 03:32:59 am by The Piss-artist Formerly Known As Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Who we waiting for.

• Legacy Fan
Viva I believe.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Viva I believe.

Sorry fellas, I forgot to send a PM to him last night - my fault.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

• Legacy Fan
Sorry fellas, I forgot to send a PM to him last night - my fault.

No worries, we'll just deduct a small fee out of your next paycheck  ;D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
DeFacto is next and up! 

JSteve, Blue Titi, PIM, and Mikey for 2.

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
Nemanja Vidic is a bold choice. Especially when his kryptonite is still available.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Great pick DeFacto!!!  Aldair so good.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Aldair is a really nice pick, yep.  It's going to be really tough in the latter stages of this draft, gonna see some really ropey choices I reckon.

• Legacy Fan
cheers lads, the later parts of this draft will be torture :D

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Elias Figueroa pick is a fantastic one & sadly for me a disappointment. I was looking to pair him up with Pasarella  :lickin

Offline JSteve

• Channelling Baldrick.
  • Legacy Fan
Sorry about the delay, lads. Got stuck in work.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Sorry about the delay, lads. Got stuck in work.

Delay okay.   Taking the last Liverpool player (Barnes, Gerrard, Alonso, Souness and Hansen), well that's bang out of order.

:butt  :wellin
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 03:25:57 pm by The Piss-artist Formerly Known As Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• Legacy Fan
Souness was a good pick but imo the wrong derby ;)

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Souness was a good pick but imo the wrong derby ;)

He didn't play against Genoa and I was thinking of the Old Firm derby but also wanted to make sure I grabbed a Liverpool player before they all disappeared, and there's not any better in centre mid.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I have Poetry in Motion's pick, when its time.  What have we been doing for time limits as I remember Blue Titi mentioned he might now be around as much today?
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• Legacy Fan
I have Poetry in Motion's pick, when its time.  What have we been doing for time limits as I remember Blue Titi mentioned he might now be around as much today?

Not sure, I think we've been doing 2 hours so far.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan

Give him an hour. We said that’d be the rule from second round onwards anyway.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Give him an hour. We said that’d be the rule from second round onwards anyway.

Sounds good.  Will get on it a minute or two.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Blue Titi has another hour and then its JSteve, DeFacto and VBG --- be sure to PM the next in line with your picks.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN: