Author Topic: Trent Alexander-Arnold  (Read 1367648 times)

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Reply #4400 on: November 4, 2019, 08:47:46 am »
Now this isn't going to happen but fun to speculate... given how Henderson and TAA are playing on the right I think there is a case for putting Henderson as RB and TAA as 8. Henderson effectively covers TAA anyway at the moment, why not just formalise that and force TAA to worry about what's behind him less.

Then Trent would have to concern himself with opposition midfield runners and pressing forwards - it's a different set of worry than worrying less.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4401 on: November 4, 2019, 08:47:46 am »
It's the breadth of TAA's skillset that makes this an interesting conversation. What can't he do? The more things a player can do, the more intriguing the prospect of them playing midfield becomes.

Offline Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4402 on: November 4, 2019, 08:48:46 am »
Then Trent would have to concern himself with opposition midfield runners and pressing forwards - it's a different set of worry than worrying less.

Good point, but they're worries further up the pitch which means he's further up the pitch to hurt teams more.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #4403 on: November 4, 2019, 08:52:29 am »
It's about finding a balance - which we already have, as league leaders and European Champions.
Sorry but really don't. We painfully lack balance in midfield as we don't have creativity, penetration and goals. Yes we're winning all the games but this season we're playing with a massive hand break on and it's a testament to an inhuman effort from our front 3 that is asked to create and score on their own. We grind too much lately because of it and it's a question how much longer can we sustain it.

If Trent wasn't our player I think we'd looking at his qualities and thinking how much we could use them in our midfield with him being infinitely more talented than Henderson. Like Knight said above why not just switch their positions and see what happens. We wouldn't have nothing to lose especially if we did that against all the dross teams in the league for a start.

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #4404 on: November 4, 2019, 08:54:16 am »
Good point, but they're worries further up the pitch which means he's further up the pitch to hurt teams more.

If he's playing further up the pitch in midfield than the dynamic changes quite completely on the right depending who plays rightback. Gomez could drop into midfield the way Walker does for City which allows De Bruyne to play the way he does and impact the game higher up in the middle and on the right, but that's a different tactical setup almost I'd think, because of the way City's midfielders join the attack.

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4405 on: November 4, 2019, 08:56:18 am »
You don't know that -nobody does - until you get to see him playing there for a while.

Having somebody this talented and creative in our right half-space would push us onto a higher level. He can shoot, cross, carry the ball and dribble - yes there would be growing pains initially but just like KdB he can always move wider to make those whipping crosses across the face of the goal that are so hard to defend against - especially attacking in combination with somebody as intelligent as Milner who would know when to underlap to help Trent out. People who see him play below his par at any position underestimate how freakishly talented this kid is.
Dani Alves is one of the most talented players I’ve seen, and probably the best right back ever.  TAA is quite similar to him, not merely a right back, but a playmaker who controls the whole right hand side. I don’t think either would benefit from playing in a more congested central area.

Fair enough, Henderson is hardly Xavi, so I understand your argument, but if we want to improve the midfield, there are better ways. With Keita and Chamberlain slowly getting back to full fitness, we already have a couple of players that can improve the central areas without any drop in Alexander-Arnold’s outstanding output. You can’t convince me that Milner-TAA gives us more than TAA-Chamberlain from an attacking perspective.
« Last Edit: November 4, 2019, 08:59:17 am by Roger Federer »

Offline Roger Federer

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4406 on: November 4, 2019, 08:56:49 am »
No because Trent and Robbo are a lot different in many ways with a lot of differences in their skillsets. To illustrate it  I see Trent soincredibly similar to the likes of Gerrard and Kdb - Robbo and a lot of other similar overlapping fullbacks , not so much.
Fair enough.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #4407 on: November 4, 2019, 09:03:56 am »
I don’t think either would benefit from playing in a more congested central area.
The way Trent would deal with it is the same way KdB deals with it by often moving a bit wider to make his trademark whipped cross across the face of the goal and if you have RB who'd be just a little bit competent to attack the byline and provide a pullback you'd force the opposition to stretch thus creating the space you need in the middle. Without that kind of RB opposition would just let him have the ball and stay compact centrally making it impossible for Trent to cause any damage.

I think Milner who played wide 5 years for City has the know how to ask those questions - Henderson and Gomez probably not so much. So yes it would only be congested if we as a team don't do a good job of stretching the opposition - something that City are masters at.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4408 on: November 4, 2019, 09:05:42 am »
Now this isn't going to happen but fun to speculate... given how Henderson and TAA are playing on the right I think there is a case for putting Henderson as RB and TAA as 8. Henderson effectively covers TAA anyway at the moment, why not just formalise that and force TAA to worry about what's behind him less.

We already get this for free because we are a total footballing side. Look at the Robertson goal. Henderson drops in (a poor square ball means he has to drop deeper), Trent moves up and inside into the notional 'number 8' slot, Mane shifts wide right further up, Trent sees Mane's got his man isolated and sharply cuts back to make the angle for Henderson to give him the wall pass on the angle to Mane, Mane jinks outside then inside to make room for his cross...

Total fitba. Trent's average position is further up the pitch than Henderson. We're too wedded to our minds' notions of what a full back does.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Roger Federer

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4409 on: November 4, 2019, 09:10:29 am »
I think Milner is too slow for it to work the way you envision. I don’t doubt Alexander-Arnold’s talent, but I just don’t see the point of moving their positions. If we had right sided Robertson in the squad, then sure, why not try it, but we don’t.

Milner is not as good a defender as Trent, and can’t dominate the whole flank in nearly the same way. Alexander-Arnold might be that much better than Chamberlain as an 8 in a short while, but it’s an unknown. We do know he’s the best attacking fullback in the world though, and far, far superior to our other options in that role.
« Last Edit: November 4, 2019, 09:14:05 am by Roger Federer »

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #4410 on: November 4, 2019, 09:13:05 am »
Trent is basically a wing back or right midfielder. Henderson's job is to cover Trent and to allow him to move forward to create our chances. Our play is all built around the full backs and the attackers, take Trent out of that and you massively negate our creativity. The midfielders are there to provide the stability with the full backs moving so high up the pitch with them doing so much covering, anyone who doesnt see that really doesnt understand how we're set up to play.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #4411 on: November 4, 2019, 09:13:30 am »
Sorry but really don't. We painfully lack balance in midfield as we don't have creativity, penetration and goals.

According to you. Klopp would disagree though.
Yes we're winning all the games but this season we're playing with a massive hand break on and it's a testament to an inhuman effort from our front 3 that is asked to create and score on their own.

As opposed to which team that gets all its goals from midfield?

I could swear we're top of the league, six points clear, having only dropped two points after 11 games.

We grind too much lately because of it and it's a question how much longer can we sustain it.

Yeah good point. We've lost one league game in 2019. We're the champions of Europe, but Klopp is putting the handbrake on so we don't play as well as we could be... 

If Trent wasn't our player I think we'd looking at his qualities and thinking how much we could use them in our midfield with him being infinitely more talented than Henderson. Like Knight said above why not just switch their positions and see what happens. We wouldn't have nothing to lose especially if we did that against all the dross teams in the league for a start.

Yeah, take a player who's the best in the world in his position, playing his part in a finely-tuned machine, managed by the best manager in the world, and swap him into a position where he'd have a different job, a different role, and be replaced at right back by someone completely unproven and inexperienced in that position.

Nothing to lose? You make it sound like we're at rock bottom and desperate to change things lest we turn into Ole's United.
« Last Edit: November 4, 2019, 09:16:24 am by JC the Messiah »
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #4412 on: November 4, 2019, 09:18:36 am »
Trent is basically a wing back or right midfielder. Henderson's job is to cover Trent and to allow him to move forward to create our chances. Our play is all built around the full backs and the attackers, take Trent out of that and you massively negate our creativity. The midfielders are there to provide the stability with the full backs moving so high up the pitch with them doing so much covering, anyone who doesnt see that really doesnt understand how we're set up to play.

Apparently, it's not very effective how we play though, we're playing with the handbrake on, and have been for the past 3 years. We're struggling and have nothing to lose by changing it...
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4413 on: November 4, 2019, 09:37:10 am »
This idea of simply moving Trent into midfield and having someone else at FB won't work as things stand.

It would mean everything about how we play changes.

The dynamic in every department changes. 

Who do we lose from midfield to make way?

Who provides the additional protection for the defense if Trent is an AM?

Who provides the attacking threat from wide and deep when Trent is being closed out of games?

Who becomes the outlet when there's no space out wide or up front?

I thought we were fed up of having so many square pegs in round holes? 

So why would we piss about moving our most prolific source of goals to somewhere else on the pitch?

Total fucking madness or delusions of  being a better tactician than Jurgen?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #4414 on: November 4, 2019, 09:46:59 am »
I present you James Milner.

The earliest TAA will move into midfield is next season.

Milner will be 34 then. Are you seriously suggesting he's our right back option for next season?

I understand the clamour for TAA in midfield. I think a lot of that is based on how people view centre mid as the most important position on the pitch and ho that's been shaped by the likes of Souness and Gerrard playing there. Our best, and most important, player has generally played centre mid. That's been the same at other teams too.

However, the tactical set up under Klopp makes the midfield functional rather than the fulcrum. They are most important players on the pitch to help things function but they are more facilitators than driving the game.

For anyone suggesting that Trent should play in midfield are you suggesting he plays RHS midfield in this current set up? Or are you suggesting that we change our tactical set up to make midfield, and Trent, more of the attacking fulcrum in midfield?
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4415 on: November 4, 2019, 09:48:32 am »
He is basically Kevin De Bruyne.

Or maybe Kevin De Bruyne is another Trent?

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #4416 on: November 4, 2019, 09:50:14 am »
Trent couldn't be more perfect for the role. If anyone's a square peg here it's Henderson who lacks too much talent and ability for the role.

Also no need to get angry over this, it's just a fun footy talk, nobody thinks they know better than Jurgen, relax.

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #4417 on: November 4, 2019, 09:52:21 am »
Trent couldn't be more perfect for the role. If anyone's a square peg here it's Henderson who lacks too much talent and ability for the role.

Also no need to get angry over this, it's just a fun footy talk, nobody thinks they know better than Jurgen, relax.

Sounds like you've have a deep underappreciation of what Hendo does for Trent in their dynamic.

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4418 on: November 4, 2019, 09:55:24 am »
Cant believe how much physically bigger he is in a year , he was always slightly built and could be pushed off the ball, hes a monster now so much stronger on the ball, things can only get better for the lad, he will be a massive part of the next 10 years at least
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4419 on: November 4, 2019, 09:56:01 am »
This idea of simply moving Trent into midfield and having someone else at FB won't work as things stand.

It would mean everything about how we play changes.

The dynamic in every department changes. 

Who do we lose from midfield to make way?

Who provides the additional protection for the defense if Trent is an AM?

Who provides the attacking threat from wide and deep when Trent is being closed out of games?

Who becomes the outlet when there's no space out wide or up front?

So why would we piss about moving our most prolific source of goals to somewhere else on the pitch?

Total fucking madness or delusions of  being a better tactician than Jurgen?

I have been guilty of denigrating the right back position but there is no reason why Trent could not be brilliant in central midfield. He has played there in the youth sides. Its fine to want Trent to stay where he is and its ok to have that opinion but I dont agree that the way to justify it is to say Trent wouldnt be good in midfield as well.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4420 on: November 4, 2019, 09:59:26 am »
He is basically Kevin De Bruyne.

Or maybe Kevin De Bruyne is another Trent?

Who’s the bigger Liverpool fan?

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4421 on: November 4, 2019, 10:06:26 am »
once thing overlooked is that Trent in midfield would in more positions to shoot on goal.

The techinque he has he could score 5-10 goals from midfield playing as a CM.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #4422 on: November 4, 2019, 10:06:43 am »
I have been guilty of denigrating the right back position but there is no reason why Trent could not be brilliant in central midfield. He has played there in the youth sides. Its fine to want Trent to stay where he is and its ok to have that opinion but I dont agree that the way to justify it is to say Trent wouldnt be good in midfield as well.

Don't think anyone is saying Trent couldn't play in midfield.

But if you just took Trent and played him RHS midfiled and stuck Milner at right back would that be the best thing for us? Would Trent be able to produce as much in the more crowded midfield space? How would he do having to do some of the water carrying that our midfielders do? Would another right back be able to play that RHS role as effectively and creat as many chances from there?

For me, Trent could play in midfield for us. But we'd lose a fair bit if we just put him in the RHS midfield role in this current set up. Think we'd need to change things tactically if we want Trent (or any other midfielder) to control games and be the attacking hub for us asa team. In doing so that could also dictate how we use Mane and Firmino to influence game s and be our playmakers (along with the full backs).
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #4423 on: November 4, 2019, 10:10:27 am »
once thing overlooked is that Trent in midfield would in more positions to shoot on goal.

The techinque he has he could score 5-10 goals from midfield playing as a CM.

Why not Keita/Ox in Hendo's role while chipping in with 5-10 goals/assists with Trent doing what he already does best at rightback? Overall less shifting around to be done.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4424 on: November 4, 2019, 10:13:23 am »
Course Trent could play in midfield, he could probably play most positions just like Stevie could.

My point about moving him is that so much of our setup would change that I feel we would lose our uniqueness in how we attack.

Maybe when Jurgen or our next manager needs to start replacing or remoulding our front 3 and that dynamic changes, then it might make sense to move him.

He is our most prolific source of goals from where he plays so why change that, is my point.

Offline Koparoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Number 7 is just around the corner!!
« Reply #4425 on: November 4, 2019, 10:14:38 am »
Don't think anyone is saying Trent couldn't play in midfield.

But if you just took Trent and played him RHS midfiled and stuck Milner at right back would that be the best thing for us? Would Trent be able to produce as much in the more crowded midfield space? How would he do having to do some of the water carrying that our midfielders do? Would another right back be able to play that RHS role as effectively and creat as many chances from there?

For me, Trent could play in midfield for us. But we'd lose a fair bit if we just put him in the RHS midfield role in this current set up. Think we'd need to change things tactically if we want Trent (or any other midfielder) to control games and be the attacking hub for us asa team. In doing so that could also dictate how we use Mane and Firmino to influence game s and be our playmakers (along with the full backs).

I'm a long-time fan of moving TAA into that central role... clearly we don't want to be relying on Milner to cover though! We need a Neko or another existing  recruit (whoever our scouts suggest?) to make that jump... Surely it's a part of evolving as a football team?

The best part is that we've got plenty of time to do all that... meanwhile we've got two of the best full-backs in the modern game... What a puzzle to be blessed with??
"After 27 years and 11 days, finally, we got justice for the 96"
Adrian Tempany

... YNWA

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4426 on: November 4, 2019, 10:20:19 am »
They were debating this on TAW. Kev Walsh who I enjoy listening to says Gerrard had the same trajectory, starting at right back before moving to midfield. Not sure that’s strictly true. I think he first played games in the middle (I know he came on as a wing back for Heggem on his debut). He played a few games as a right back early in 00/01 but definitely not 100 games like Trent.

I’ve no doubt Gerrard could have dominated games like Trent and been an amazing right back but he always felt like a midfielder filling in there, think it’s different for Trent.

It’s a nice dilemma to have but for now I think he’s absolutely in the right place to have maximum impact on our games and we shouldn’t tinker with that.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #4427 on: November 4, 2019, 10:20:43 am »
The idea of him attacking the rebounds on the edge of the box is incredibly exciting. Also besides shooting there's passing into our front 3, being in a position to make much more passes into the box, carrying the ball and dribbling. There's so, so, so much more he can offer as 8, stuff that he simply can't do as RB as it's impossible.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4428 on: November 4, 2019, 10:46:23 am »

Offline Legoland

• Plazzie Brick Lid :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #4429 on: November 4, 2019, 11:08:45 am »
At midfield he can be a very good player. But at right back he can really go down as one of the greatest. There's a clear path for him to become that given what he's got in terms of ability.

« Last Edit: November 4, 2019, 11:12:05 am by athreyakb »

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4430 on: November 4, 2019, 11:13:28 am »
At midfield he can be a very good player. But at right back he can really go down as one of the greatest. There's a clear path for him to become that given what he's got in terms of ability.

Why couldnt he be a great midfielder? What is he lacking in his game?

Offline Legoland

• Kopite
« Reply #4431 on: November 4, 2019, 11:15:06 am »
Why couldnt he be a great midfielder? What is he lacking in his game?
It's not about what he lacks. It's just that it's not as rare to find the qualities he has in a midfielder as it is in a right back. I can't think of another right back who can pull of some of the things that he does. Like you point out he has almost everything but most midfielders who have what he has aren't can't be as good right backs as he is which makes it pretty unique.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #4432 on: November 4, 2019, 11:21:55 am »
He won’t be afforded half the space in midfield he is at RB, he is also running games from there so why change it. Different manager comes in with a different system than maybe, but at the moment he is changing the position like Roberto Carlos did.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4433 on: November 4, 2019, 11:27:24 am »
It's not about what he lacks. It's just that it's not as rare to find the qualities he has in a midfielder as it is in a right back. I can't think of another right back who can pull of some of the things that he does. Like you point out he has almost everything but most midfielders who have what he has aren't can't be as good right backs as he is which makes it pretty unique.

Most midfielders dont have what he has. His passing ability including his through passes, his long passing, his shooting, his ability to dribble and drive through teams.

Can Wijnaldum and Henderson do that?

Lets put it another way, De Bruyne can do all that. Do most midfielders have what De Bruyne has?

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4434 on: November 4, 2019, 11:28:36 am »
Who’s the bigger Liverpool fan?

Adebayo Akinfenwa is the biggest Liverpool fan.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #4435 on: November 4, 2019, 11:36:02 am »
Most midfielders dont have what he has. His passing ability including his through passes, his long passing, his shooting, his ability to dribble and drive through teams.

Lets put it another way, De Bruyne can do all that. Do most midfielders have what De Bruyne has?

There's Keita and Ox. In the longer run as players move on, sure, let's consider Trent in midfield, but in the interim we're more options in midfield than rightback.

Offline Legoland

• Kopite
« Reply #4436 on: November 4, 2019, 11:37:01 am »

Most don't. But it's not a question of most, cause it's even rarer for a fullback to have those qualities than a midfielder. Like you said Dr bruyne can, the Silvas can, Gerrard could, Pirlo, and a number of others.

If you look at full-backs, I can't think of a single full back who has the passing ability that Trent does at least in my time of watching football (2007). I can't speak about the past  but certainly at present no one else comes close.

Also from the perspective of our team, the way we play we don't require that kind of penetration from midfield right? We ask our midfielders to be more disciplined and provide cover for the full-backs who can create chance from the wider areas. If and when the situation arises like it did against United where we're in need of a goal I have no qualms about moving him to the midfield , but predominantly his position for me is at right-back. (Could be the best I'll see in the position).

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4437 on: November 4, 2019, 11:43:21 am »
I just hope we don't burn him out

Offline Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4438 on: November 4, 2019, 11:45:44 am »
This is a chicken and egg thing though. Do we require discipline from our midfield and attacking creativity from our FBs from our fullbacks because that's the system or because that's who we have available? Klopp hasn't always played like this and in the past he's utilised more offensive 8s to progress the ball. At the moment, both given our FB's excellence and given the issues we have with Keita (injured lots), Lallana (legs going) and AOC (on the way back from a career threatening injury) we're playing this way. But could Arnold do more damage as an 8 in a slightly tweaked setup than as a FB in our current setup? Depending on how good he is offensively, the answer to that question might be yes. If it's already happening at the moment, as pop, says, then there'd be potential benefit to formalising it because the load on trent goes down. Having a higher average position than Henderson AND needing to play as a FB in defence? No wonder he gets picked up on defensive things occasionally by pundits. Again, not making this a hill to die on, just think the speculation is interesting. If he stays at FB then we'll have the best FB in the world for the next decade. We lose very little if anything.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4439 on: November 4, 2019, 11:50:06 am »
He's been one of the best rightbacks in world football. The way we play requires the likes of Trent and Roberston. Why the hell would we put him in midfield  ;D

We could just you know buy another midfielder if required. There's more good midfielders about than fullbacks like him.
« Last Edit: November 4, 2019, 11:51:57 am by clinical »
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker