Author Topic: Africa Cup of Nations and Copa America Draft General Discussion Thread  (Read 32100 times)

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Put me down for it if there's room. I miss drafting.

Edit: just seen Betty's message now and didn't realise picking had started .... i don't RAWK as much as I used to

All good, added to go after Trend :)
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Looking at the picks so far, my reaction is thus:

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

I think you have made a pretty good choice.

Edit: I was gonna pick him you fool!

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.

I was tempted to go along that route to be fair.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
We'll see, though I always screw up playing the long game :P

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
All good, added to go after Trend :)

Let Sir Sexy go 14th if you want Hazell...  I am in and out, enjoying making two picks at once and live in the US (times being different). 

No problem going 15th/16th...  but would not be arsed if things stay the way they are too.

Discuss amongst yourselves.
« Last Edit: June 9, 2019, 01:00:30 pm by The Piss-artist Formerly Known As Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
We'll see, though I always screw up playing the long game :P

I was going to be clever and then you stole Salah fuuuuuuuuuuu
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Wonderful pick BB.

The Garrincha who stole Christmas :)

http://www.espn.com/30for30/film?page=themythofgarrincha
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Let Sir Sexy go 14th if you want Hazell...  I am in and out, enjoying making two picks at once and live in the US (times being different). 

No problem going 15th/16th...  but would not be arsed if things stay the way they are too.

Discuss amongst yourselves.

Happy either way mate, if SPS is happy then all good.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Happy either way mate, if SPS is happy then all good.

Ask him which one he wants --- offer him the world at 14 if he wants to slip the queu + 1 or the caboose looking at the horizon of a new drafting dawn.

Btw, we should remember something.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Get the fook in again, and again and again and again and again and again

Never gonna stop drafting or winning Europe.

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
I was going to be clever and then you stole Salah fuuuuuuuuuuu

Plenty of other Egyptian players left:

Spoiler
[close]

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Ask him which one he wants --- offer him the world at 14 if he wants to slip the queu + 1 or the caboose looking at the horizon of a new drafting dawn.

I have no idea what this means ;D

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Plenty of other Egyptian players left:

Spoiler
[close]

Stop giving away my next picks.

Spoiler
[close]

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Is it not Poetry in Motion’s go next? He’s not been yet or is he too late?

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

Thought I'd give him a few hours but he doesn't seem to have been online all day. Not trying to be draconian or anything!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

COPA/AFCON Constipation -

I think once Betty goes and waits the required time, then draft can flow again.

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
COPA/AFCON Constipation -

I think once Betty goes and waits the required time, then draft can flow again.

Elizabeth PMd me to say it was my turn. Have a pick in mind who isn’t Brazilian or Argie. Figured there’s tons of them and I’ve always quite liked Jo.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
Thought I'd give him a few hours but he doesn't seem to have been online all day. Not trying to be draconian or anything!

I am waiting here like a...

...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I am waiting here like a...

Ready to spring into action?   Was gonna go with an erectile dysfunction meme, but that's no joke just ask Nick ..
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

Ready to spring into action?   Was gonna go with an erectile dysfunction meme, but that's no joke just ask Nick ..

Shut up soft lad.

Can I pick then?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Shut up soft lad.

Can I pick then?

I think so mate.   I prefer flaccid lad for future reference :)

Ask Hazell.
« Last Edit: June 9, 2019, 01:49:32 pm by The Piss-artist Formerly Known As Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Shut up soft lad.

Can I pick then?

Yes. Not dick pics though please.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Well out Nick!  Luis is looking rather erect.   The noise in Moyes' head after that one, all he could do was laugh.

What a moment that was.   
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
I am up now(no pun intended) right?

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
I am up now(no pun intended) right?

Yep.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
Was between him and Diouf. I can guarantee you he is going to end up on a team in this draft  ;D.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Already going to plan B :D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Was between him and Diouf. I can guarantee you he is going to end up on a team in this draft  ;D.

Well that is disappointing.  I thought Sadio might last a little longer.   That was premature draftification
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
I very nearly went for Sadio too.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Viva Vanishes Vanquishes, Very vexing vuncular.
« Last Edit: June 9, 2019, 02:56:11 pm by The Piss-artist Formerly Known As Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Sorry guys, I forgot I was travelling today. Just back, give me a few minutes and I'll be in with my pick if that's okay. Hopefully others have been able to make their picks.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Heading out for an hour or two... Uncertain over my pick(s) - so have Sir Sexy take the 14th slot.  Should be back in 2 hours.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Sorry guys, I forgot I was travelling today. Just back, give me a few minutes and I'll be in with my pick if that's okay. Hopefully others have been able to make their picks.

Sneaky pick there with Di Stefano! Well played.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Good pick Lobo, I'll always remember that mad goal he scored when he dribbled box to box. Was hoping he'd remain into the next round, but is probably one of the few genuine world class footballers Africa has produced so makes sense he'd go early. I was torn between him and Zico.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Good pick Lobo, I'll always remember that mad goal he scored when he dribbled box to box. Was hoping he'd remain into the next round, but is probably one of the few genuine world class footballers Africa has produced so makes sense he'd go early. I was torn between him and Zico.

Not seen his pick but sounds like he’s gone for Peter N’dlovu?

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne

Yep. Had him next pick. Good shout
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Had a pic lined up for Weah, but couldn't resist my goat.

Not seen his pick but sounds like he’s gone for Peter N’dlovu?

Not going to lie, he's on my list  ;D  Preparing for the worst with this draft!

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
Really interested to see who is drafted late. Some positions are so thin on the ground.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly