Author Topic: The FOOTBALL BETS thread  (Read 3674516 times)

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
Re: The FOOTBALL BETS thread
« Reply #76960 on: December 17, 2019, 12:16:12 pm »
us btts win is about 9/1
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline adruk87

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #76961 on: December 17, 2019, 05:34:01 pm »
We were 11/1 when I looked on Saturday, now down to 5/1.

Just got on Giovinco for Al Hilal @3/1, was an absolute beast in the MLS.
"Corner taken quickly, ORIGI!"

Offline Crouch Potato

• Srofa spud!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76962 on: December 21, 2019, 12:03:37 pm »
Think Everton seem a banker today, just stuck £20 on em at 5/4 with Hills, Arsenal are so crap and even with Arteta i can't see an immediate turnaround.

Offline Crouch Potato

• Srofa spud!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76963 on: December 21, 2019, 02:23:43 pm »
If i ever threaten to back that pile of shite again, someone shoot me!

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #76964 on: January 22, 2020, 04:32:18 pm »
I felt the need to bring this thread back to life or have we all had not much luck lately betting wise?

Boosted acca on SkyBet:
MAN UTD v Burnley, TOTTENHAM v Spurs, LEICESTER v West Ham, and JUVENTUS  v Roma

9/2

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #76965 on: January 22, 2020, 06:25:47 pm »
Nice to see Bolivar back in action tonight. They are included in BTTSW treble with Bruge and Rangers.

17/1

Also.

Spurs and Real Sociedad

3 - 1

150/1
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76966 on: January 26, 2020, 02:15:30 pm »
Monthe 22/1 to score anytime against United. Scored in both games against Watford in the previous round. Worth a few pennies.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #76967 on: January 26, 2020, 02:43:13 pm »
Monthe 22/1 to score anytime against United. Scored in both games against Watford in the previous round. Worth a few pennies.
30/1 pp
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76968 on: January 29, 2020, 10:59:58 pm »
Just a word of warning incase anyone ever wants to bet on the player pass market on 365, they include unsuccessful pass attempts in the total. I backed Fred tonight for under 51.5. He attempted 54 with only 47 successful. Settled as a loss.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76969 on: January 31, 2020, 10:44:48 pm »
If you place a bet which you cashed out on (for less than the original stake) but the bookmaker had voided it because the game wasn't 90 minutes long, should you receive the full amount rather than the amount which was cashed out?

Offline Crouch Potato

• Srofa spud!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76970 on: February 2, 2020, 03:52:41 pm »
Not sure about that one, i'd look through their T&Cs regarding both voided matches AND ones regarding Cash outs.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76971 on: February 2, 2020, 05:48:13 pm »
Can't see relevant stuff on Sky Bet in relation to it. It's been passed to their complaints team.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #76972 on: February 3, 2020, 11:18:21 am »
Generally cashing out will over-ride anything else so doubt there's much you can do there.

Think Shrewsbury & BTTS at 6/1 tomorrow night looks value. I fully back our kids to score with the talent we have but not sure how we're going to cope defensively.
« Last Edit: February 3, 2020, 01:35:29 pm by LallanaInPyjamas »

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76973 on: February 3, 2020, 12:04:13 pm »
Generally cashing out will over-ride anything else so doubt there's much you can do there.

Except when it works against the bookie. A lad in work cashed out a bet recently. I think it was West Ham v Sheffield Utd or something. He was waiting for that to be a draw for his acca and one of them equalised late on. He cashed out for about £2 or £3 less than the return, but then VAR ruled the goal out. They put his balance into minus and settled the bet as a loss.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76974 on: February 3, 2020, 02:13:46 pm »
Ah shit. Hope not. There's quite a difference between the two amounts. The online help department believe I should be entitled to it but couldn't authorize it so passed it to complaints.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76975 on: February 3, 2020, 02:16:51 pm »
Ah shit. Hope not. There's quite a difference between the two amounts. The online help department believe I should be entitled to it but couldn't authorize it so passed it to complaints.
I might be wrong mate as your case seems quite unique.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76976 on: February 3, 2020, 06:46:42 pm »

This is on the FAQs https://support.skybet.com/s/article/Cash-Out-Frequently-Asked-Questions

Will my Cash Out bet be re-settled?

Please be aware that once a bet has been cashed out, it will no longer be affected by any subsequent resettlements. This includes any resettlements as part of individual sport rules or Goodwill Gestures.

They're probably covered by the 'includes any resettlement as part of individual sport rules' part.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76977 on: February 3, 2020, 09:25:25 pm »
This is on the FAQs https://support.skybet.com/s/article/Cash-Out-Frequently-Asked-Questions

They're probably covered by the 'includes any resettlement as part of individual sport rules' part.
Ah FFS. That's stupid. A bet was placed on it being 90 minutes long. It wasn't.

Takes 15 days for a complaint to be handled anyway. Doubt the fact that a manager and staff thought I should be credited will make a difference?

I might be wrong mate as your case seems quite unique.
Hope so.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76978 on: February 3, 2020, 10:08:18 pm »
Ah FFS. That's stupid. A bet was placed on it being 90 minutes long. It wasn't.

Takes 15 days for a complaint to be handled anyway. Doubt the fact that a manager and staff thought I should be credited will make a difference?

I'd a similarish one last summer with bet365 on 1st half Asian handicap in some random league. The Facebook page of the team said it was 4-0 first half. Bet365 sad it was played in 3 x 30 minute periods so settled my bet as void. Refused to accept the teams facebook page as an official source. I emailed the club but they never replied  ;D
But yeah, back on point. They might settle it as void as a goodwill gesture. But really wouldn't be surprised if they hid behind what I posted above. Genuinely could depend on whether the person dealing with the complaint got sex the night before or not and therefore could be happy as fuck, or really frustrated.

https://www.facebook.com/145537022183545/posts/2683046911765864/
This is the game I'm talking about. Its clear from the comments I wasnt the only one on the half time score bets  ;D
« Last Edit: February 3, 2020, 10:17:04 pm by Barneylfc »

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76979 on: February 6, 2020, 08:47:54 am »
I'd a similarish one last summer with bet365 on 1st half Asian handicap in some random league. The Facebook page of the team said it was 4-0 first half. Bet365 sad it was played in 3 x 30 minute periods so settled my bet as void. Refused to accept the teams facebook page as an official source. I emailed the club but they never replied  ;D
But yeah, back on point. They might settle it as void as a goodwill gesture. But really wouldn't be surprised if they hid behind what I posted above. Genuinely could depend on whether the person dealing with the complaint got sex the night before or not and therefore could be happy as fuck, or really frustrated.

This is the game I'm talking about. Its clear from the comments I wasnt the only one on the half time score bets  ;D
;D crazy.

Still awaiting a response.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76980 on: February 7, 2020, 05:30:16 pm »
So something happened similar last night with a friendly. They suspended it this time and paid out on those that won and declared it void otherwise. Does that help my case?

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76981 on: February 15, 2020, 03:08:30 pm »
Pushed time frame out from 15 days to 25 ::)

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76982 on: February 19, 2020, 02:40:02 pm »

Finally got back to me and stated because I cashed out they can't uphold my complaint. Have offered me £50 goodwill gesture bet.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76983 on: March 11, 2020, 11:30:19 am »
Van Dijk 6/1 to have a header on target tonight.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #76984 on: March 14, 2020, 12:31:12 pm »
Well this is shit.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #76985 on: March 14, 2020, 04:30:07 pm »
Van Dijk 6/1 to have a header on target tonight.

Twitter went apeshit over that one he headed that the keeper caught.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #76986 on: March 15, 2020, 10:35:43 am »
Anyone know what will happen to bets if season gets voided? i got a season long Acca with 3 teams still left

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76987 on: March 15, 2020, 01:04:22 pm »
Anyone know what will happen to bets if season gets voided? i got a season long Acca with 3 teams still left

If the season gets voided, the bets will likely be settled on any selections that are already settled.

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76988 on: April 9, 2020, 08:58:53 am »
SPOTY 2020. Considering barely any sport will be played this year due to covid the current favourites are fury 5/4 joe wicks 10/1 hamilton 10/1 henderson 12/1. Now lets say the league is continued, as it sounds like it will, it sounds like henderson wins the pfa. So basically an lfc player is going to be in a vote. Surely he wins if we organise the voting? In the same way giggs won in 2009. Downside is you have to wait till december but could pay for christmas.

They’ve stopped releasing voting figures but i think around 90k would be a winner.

We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76989 on: April 9, 2020, 12:51:01 pm »
Who is Joe Wicks?

Offline aggerdid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76990 on: April 9, 2020, 12:56:23 pm »
Who is Joe Wicks?
personal trainer. Hes been one of the winners during covid as hes been streaming stay at home PE lessons for kids. Can’t see a non sportsman winning personally

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76991 on: April 9, 2020, 01:24:06 pm »
personal trainer. Hes been one of the winners during covid as hes been streaming stay at home PE lessons for kids. Can’t see a non sportsman winning personally

Odd that someone that isn't a sportsperson is even in the running. May as well just have Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson in it.

Offline tommy26241

• Kopite
« Reply #76992 on: May 16, 2020, 10:59:55 am »
Anyone got any tips for Bundesliga. Last 2 games between Dortmund and Schalke at Dortmund has seen loads of goals. Hard to predict with empty stadium and maybe less intensity

Offline aggerdid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76993 on: May 27, 2020, 12:55:13 pm »
Away teams having a lot of success in Bundesliga so far. 22 games in away teams have a record of 12-7-3 with the 3 home wins being dortmund 4-0, bayern 5-2 and hertha 4-0. This is up 28% from pre-covid bundesliga. If you bet £10 blindly on the away team every game so far you’d be £74 up. ROI 33.63%. If you bet £10 blindly on draws you’d be £65.50 up. ROI 29.77%. Haven’t got the up to date avg odds data yet but after the weekend winning home odds down 23% vs pre-covid and pre-game home odds up 20%.

Away teams have scored the first goal 16/22 aswell. Home team 4/22 and 2 0-0 draws. Also away teams have held a 2 goal lead (bet365 early payout) in 11 games.

Obviously this is all small sample sizes as we’re 2.5 gameweeks in but its going to be interesting to see if this away team trend continues.

One observation on 365, i like the win and over number of goals markets but this market has no early payout. If you do a bet builder with result and over number of goals you get the pay out if your team goes 2 ahead freiburg yesterday for example would have been a winner on bet builder but a loser on the normal market at the same odds.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76994 on: May 31, 2020, 02:04:16 pm »
Thuram single/brace/hattrick 13/10 13/2 28/1

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76995 on: May 31, 2020, 04:22:16 pm »
Lovely jubbly

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #76996 on: June 9, 2020, 02:58:56 pm »
Anyone know the deal with antepost bets when the season is ended prematurely? Voided or pay out on the league standing?

Was sweating on us (not so much), Fulham, Portsmouth and Plymouth all E/W, looks like the lower two are definitely done now though.
AHA!

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76997 on: June 9, 2020, 03:39:12 pm »
Anyone know the deal with antepost bets when the season is ended prematurely? Voided or pay out on the league standing?

Was sweating on us (not so much), Fulham, Portsmouth and Plymouth all E/W, looks like the lower two are definitely done now though.

I'd imagine League One and League Two bets will get voided or settled as a loss.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76998 on: June 9, 2020, 03:44:39 pm »

Fairly certain different bookies are doing different things. Someone sent me a screenshot when the SPL was declared showing 365 had voided their selection on Raith, but Sky had paid out as a winner.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76999 on: June 9, 2020, 03:47:53 pm »
Leverkusen to win both halves in the cup tonight at evens looks a good price.

Their opponents are three tiers below them, haven't played for three months and won't have fans in the ground to spur them on.