Poll

Tory Christmas Party

Nothing like a good old knees up!
They should apologise and come clean
Johnson should resign
The front bench should resign
The entire party should resign
The entire party should be put in an Elon Musk rocket and fired off to jupiter with 2 packets of hula hoops and a pot noodle
I LOVE cheese!

Author Topic: Doesn't matter who you vote for as long as it's for the right reasons!  (Read 1164576 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Bullingdon Bumbling Boris Bungles Bashfully Besides Being Balefully Bellendish.
« Reply #22240 on: September 17, 2021, 04:48:02 pm »
Deciding not to introduce vaccine passports?

Yep, that'll have made them popular with the thick c*nts, that and how they are going to ramp up Brexit for the racist c*nts.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Re: Bullingdon Bumbling Boris Bungles Bashfully Besides Being Balefully Bellendish.
« Reply #22241 on: September 17, 2021, 04:54:49 pm »
Yep, that'll have made them popular with the thick c*nts, that and how they are going to ramp up Brexit for the racist c*nts.

And they've announced that the CE mark on pint glasses is to be replaced by the traditional Crown stamp.

Great news except most of our beer glasses are no longer made at Ravenhead in St Helens but in the EU.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #22242 on: September 17, 2021, 05:47:35 pm »
Thought this was interesting. It's a series of journalists and politicians and experts talking about the housing crisis we've got.

https://www.politico.eu/podcast/why-doesnt-britain-ever-build-enough-homes/

Nick Boles is fascinating going through how he misunderstood the problem and didn't find solutions even as his plans to build more made him unpopular with the Tory base for where most of the new homes would need to be built.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #22243 on: September 17, 2021, 05:48:09 pm »
Deciding not to introduce vaccine passports?

Then they’ll probably like today’s replacement of the (albeit rubbish) Covid travel traffic light system with either ‘red’ or ‘open’.  Shame the criteria doesn’t work both ways, so depends which countries don’t have UK on their respective ‘red lists’.

https://news.sky.com/story/travel-latest-green-amber-and-red-list-to-be-updated-by-uk-government-this-week-12406937

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #22244 on: September 17, 2021, 09:41:33 pm »
And they've announced that the CE mark on pint glasses is to be replaced by the traditional Crown stamp.

Great news except most of our beer glasses are no longer made at Ravenhead in St Helens but in the EU.
Oh that's made me chortle. Thanks.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22245 on: September 18, 2021, 07:43:00 am »
This cabal would celebrate the opening of an envelope.

https://news.sky.com/story/this-house-of-peace-boris-johnson-celebrates-100-years-of-prime-ministers-using-chequers-12410293

Such a shame almost all of the living ex PMs have turned their invitations down.  Looks like it will just be Theresa May and Johnson.  Maybe they should hold this ‘celebration’ in a phone box.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #22246 on: September 18, 2021, 11:05:38 am »
Nadhim Zahawi was a co-founder of YouGov.

Ah interesting - wonder if he still dips the occasional odd  - very odd - finger in their pie . . . .??
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22247 on: September 19, 2021, 12:13:52 pm »
Are we going to war with Europe over this submarine situation then? Not sure I am fond of team AUSUK.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22248 on: September 19, 2021, 03:53:52 pm »
Are we going to war with Europe over this submarine situation then? Not sure I am fond of team AUSUK.
To be fair to Australia, the French sub system deal seems to be fraught with difficulties. Looks like there will be a lot of legal wrangling over this.

https://www.politico.eu/article/why-australia-wanted-out-of-its-french-sub-deal/
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22249 on: September 19, 2021, 04:09:51 pm »
To be fair to Australia, the French sub system deal seems to be fraught with difficulties. Looks like there will be a lot of legal wrangling over this.

https://www.politico.eu/article/why-australia-wanted-out-of-its-french-sub-deal/

That's an interesting read.

Has any military procurement process produced the goods in time and within budget?

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #22250 on: September 20, 2021, 08:52:44 am »
May remember a story from a while back when the Good Law Project took the government to court claiming that they'd been giving polling contracts out to their mates without following proper process. The court found that the process hadn't been followed but that was understandable given circumstances and the government did get value for what they paid even if some of the partners in the company had worked with members of the government before. Anyways, one of the partners (at the time) of that firm was Gabriel Milland and he's talked to Matt Forde about what he was doing for government as 'special advisor' to Johnson:

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-political-party/id595312938?i=1000535964031
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22251 on: September 20, 2021, 11:26:55 am »

Certainly hope so. Its about time that overated shithole Paris is turned into glass.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22252 on: September 20, 2021, 01:12:17 pm »
That's an interesting read.

Has any military procurement process produced the goods in time and within budget?

I have worked in the defence sector and can unofficially say, no.  Although i did once hear of a chair getting delivered to site on time.....this was soon debunked

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22253 on: September 20, 2021, 01:22:03 pm »
I have worked in the defence sector and can unofficially say, no.  Although i did once hear of a chair getting delivered to site on time.....this was soon debunked

Messrs Browning and Kalashnikov did some excellent work, although that was more a case of them seeing an opening in the market and creating their pieces before the military took up their finished work. Their stuff is still being used today, thanks to their emphasis on ruggedness and ease of manufacture over precision.

Although I still giggle at the thought of the comments written on the more nutcase proposals made to the Soviet board of military inventions. Given the very specific instructions, Stalin himself would have seen every one of these proposals, and there are pleas from the board members for the would-be inventors to pretty please think their ideas over before submission, as it would be nice to involve reality. You can just about see the face palms at the proposal for a death ray.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22254 on: September 20, 2021, 01:34:01 pm »
Certainly hope so. Its about time that overated shithole Paris is turned into glass.
An ex colleague has invited me over to see psg as he has season tickets. If you could wait until I've seen Gini play there before releasing the nukes I'd be grateful.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #22255 on: September 20, 2021, 02:28:36 pm »
An ex colleague has invited me over to see psg as he has season tickets. If you could wait until I've seen Gini play there before releasing the nukes I'd be grateful.

I've no particular affinity with Paris, but surely a better area for said glass car park would be the entire Middle East.

Half the world's problems would be solved instantly.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #22256 on: September 20, 2021, 02:35:51 pm »

I've no particular affinity with Paris, but surely a better area for said glass car park would be the entire Middle East.

Half the world's problems would be solved instantly.

Or America.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22257 on: September 20, 2021, 03:16:44 pm »
Or America.

That's the source of most of the other half  ;D
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22258 on: September 20, 2021, 03:39:05 pm »

That's the source of most of the other half  ;D

We'd have to do Russia, China and North Korea too.

Fuck it, lets just nuke the planet and be done with it. ;)
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22259 on: September 20, 2021, 03:53:11 pm »

The New Zealanders are an alright bunch these days, after a shaky couple of centuries.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #22260 on: September 20, 2021, 05:01:10 pm »
I think clarity needs to brought onto these submarines.

They are nuclear submarines in that they are nuclear powered.

They are not called nuclear submarines to denote the weapons they will carry.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22261 on: September 20, 2021, 05:08:49 pm »

I've only just read the reports on this. yes they are a replacement for the diesel engined subs they currently run and are not for use with nuclear missiles, they'll be attack subs.

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22262 on: September 21, 2021, 10:07:23 am »
The defence industry is the most lucrative on the planet so its no surprise the yanks came in and scuttled the French. They probably calculated there was no way the French would join this group by losing their contract so going without them wouldn't be a huge strategic or material loss. What good are the French for anyway? Australia is vital for countering the illegal Chinese expansion in the south China sea who have purpose build cities to mass produce their naval fleet right now.

As Britain will get a slice of the pie its always good to see the French seethe.

The French were already given a body blow earlier by the Swiss who chose the US F-35 over their Rafale fighters despite continuing negotiations with Dassault. The French went and cancelled a meeting between Macron and his Swiss counterpart  ;D They really are a bitter bunch.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22263 on: September 21, 2021, 10:43:34 am »
You'd think that, in a joint venture, the British and French could build their own nuclear powered subs - with the German's managing the project, obviously. :)

The French diesel-powered subs just do not cut it for their intended operations in the South China Sea. Not to mention the security breaches (22K of documents relating to the combat readiness of another class of subs from DCNS being hacked (by?) and known to the Chinese). From the article I linked a couple of days ago:

That August, before the Australian deal was formally signed but after it had been announced, the company DCNS admitted it had been hacked after 22,000 documents relating to the combat capacity of its Scorpene submarines being built in India were leaked, raising concerns about the security of its Australian project.
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22264 on: September 21, 2021, 10:49:21 am »

Quite incredible they can build a nuclear power plant that small.

I assumed nuclear submarines can be equipped with nuclear weapons. No idea if this lot are.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22265 on: September 21, 2021, 10:51:41 am »

I assumed nuclear submarines can be equipped with nuclear weapons. No idea if this lot are.
Two separate questions - one is not dependent upon the other.

Nuclear powered for reasons of stealth and reach; nuclear weapons for much greater fire power.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22266 on: September 21, 2021, 10:52:42 am »

All the Vanguard class subs are nuclear powered and have nuclear weapons - have you been watching Vigil?

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22267 on: September 21, 2021, 10:57:47 am »
All the Vanguard class subs are nuclear powered and have nuclear weapons - have you been watching Vigil?

We have.

Our kids mother in laws husbands son is on the Nuclear subs, bet he's not impressed with that show at all.

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22268 on: September 21, 2021, 11:16:28 am »

Australia isn't a nuclear power so won't have nukes on their subs

Otherwise you just replace a conventional warhead on a Tomahawk cruise missle with a nuclear warhead and boom, you have a nuclear weapon ready to fire.

There's also SSBNs but they're a different beast altogether.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22269 on: September 21, 2021, 11:22:09 am »
Nope. Just a bit of a geek. I knew about nuclear powered subs, but didn't put much thought into how hard it would be.
Currently I'm obsessed with the power potential of fusion.
Some of the stuff done recently, though not economically viable is massive.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22270 on: September 21, 2021, 11:48:56 am »

Probably a left field choice here but I think quite a few of the world problems could be solved with a tactical nuke on The City of London and Westminster.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22271 on: September 21, 2021, 03:30:23 pm »
Government strikes deal to restart CO2 production

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58641394

So ordinary plebs struggling with soaring energy bills and rising National Insurance can go fuck themselves (and triple-tough shit if you're an oik on UC)

But it's fine to presumably use taxpayer quids to ensure the profits and fat director bonuses of big corporations.

And still the brainwashed, flagshagging Brexit gobshites will cheer for Bozo and vote Tory.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22272 on: September 21, 2021, 05:10:25 pm »
Johnson on sky now blaming Covid alone for gas prices.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22273 on: September 21, 2021, 06:34:58 pm »
So surely be should be making facemasks mandatory and return to wfh?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22274 on: September 21, 2021, 06:55:00 pm »
So surely be should be making facemasks mandatory and return to wfh?

Your expelled breath contains CO2 and if your WFH you are using more gas.

Or something......

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22275 on: September 21, 2021, 06:57:17 pm »

That's why gas prices in the UK are about the same as gas prices across Europe.

Oh wait...

(but it's not a direct symptom of Brexit, more the result of the shysterish corporate-capitalism model that puts short-term profit above all else)

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22276 on: September 21, 2021, 07:16:22 pm »

That's why gas prices in the UK are about the same as gas prices across Europe.

Oh wait...

(but it's not a direct symptom of Brexit, more the result of the shysterish corporate-capitalism model that puts short-term profit above all else)
Got to give it to the Torys, credit where credits due, they conned millions into believing the Labour party was to blame for the 2008 crash. millions believed it was a UK crash rather than a crash that affected the world.
Here they are now telling us everything going wrong today is the fault of the rest of the world. the EU+ the rest of the world are to blame not Brexit. now that's what you call spin.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22277 on: September 21, 2021, 07:25:16 pm »
Abdul Qadir would have been impressed with the spin these fuckers put on things.

Online Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22278 on: September 21, 2021, 08:38:03 pm »
Got to give it to the Torys, credit where credits due, they conned millions into believing the Labour party was to blame for the 2008 crash. millions believed it was a UK crash rather than a crash that affected the world.
Here they are now telling us everything going wrong today is the fault of the rest of the world. the EU+ the rest of the world are to blame not Brexit. now that's what you call spin.

Labour never did anything to dispell that narrative, Milliband did a lot of Tory propaganda. Now to this day, its always, Labour can't be trusted with money

Covid is the new excuse which will give the Tories a lot of mileage and one which will probably win them the next election

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22279 on: September 21, 2021, 10:07:29 pm »
Labour never did anything to dispell that narrative, Milliband did a lot of Tory propaganda. Now to this day, its always, Labour can't be trusted with money

Covid is the new excuse which will give the Tories a lot of mileage and one which will probably win them the next election
Yeah I agree but it's not too late to make it a issue from now on, this is one of the most important hurdles Labour have to over come if they want to get the trust of the public in a GE, it's also not just about Labour defending themselves. it should also be about dispelling the myth of the Tory safe pair of hands running the economy.
we heard Cameron banging on about not leaving the national debt for our children to pay off, no mention of that debt for over 6yrs now, no surprise, the Torys nearly tripled it long before Covid hit. the Torys chopped and chopped yet still put us in more debt than Labour ever did. why isn't more made of this fact. never mind leaving the debt for our children to pay off, our grandchildren will be paying this off long after these Tory MPs have gone.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 10:10:45 pm by oldfordie »
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis