Author Topic: Junior Membership  (Read 1781 times)

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Junior Membership
« on: June 28, 2018, 04:53:16 pm »
Hopefully someone can help but essentially I think the club have fucked up and won’t rectify their mistake. My brother phoned up to renew his teen membership and they charged him for a full adult membership. I noticed on the receipt and he’s phoned back today to get the mistake rectified but they are saying he’s too old to be a teen member. He’s currently 16 and doesn’t turn 17 until November. Are they correct that he can’t be a teen even though he will still be within the age limit when the season starts?
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
Re: Junior Membership
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2018, 04:59:28 pm »
Hopefully someone can help but essentially I think the club have fucked up and won’t rectify their mistake. My brother phoned up to renew his teen membership and they charged him for a full adult membership. I noticed on the receipt and he’s phoned back today to get the mistake rectified but they are saying he’s too old to be a teen member. He’s currently 16 and doesn’t turn 17 until November. Are they correct that he can’t be a teen even though he will still be within the age limit when the season starts?
The 'teen red' membership is between the ages of 12 and 16 so as your brother turns 17 during the season, the club are correct.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/membership/junior
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline hawkwind

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 05:26:36 pm »
Isn't there a cut off date though as long he is 16 in August.
I know there is for the young adult as I checked this last year for my son who was 21 in November but he was eligible for young adult tickets all season as he was still 21 in August.
http://help.liverpoolfc.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1080/kw/Young%20adult%20age/session/L3RpbWUvMTUzMDIwMjk1Mi9zaWQvSkwyamNsUW4%3D

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2018, 05:33:02 pm »
Isn't there a cut off date though as long he is 16 in August.
I know there is for the young adult as I checked this last year for my son who was 21 in November but he was eligible for young adult tickets all season as he was still 21 in August.
http://help.liverpoolfc.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1080/kw/Young%20adult%20age/session/L3RpbWUvMTUzMDIwMjk1Mi9zaWQvSkwyamNsUW4%3D

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

This was my thinking but they are essentially saying what ABJ says. I’d be much more accepting of this if they’d explained when he initially phoned and then he could’ve just bought a light membership but essentially he asked to renew his teen membership and they said ok but subsequently charged for the most expensive adult membership without telling him.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2018, 07:12:36 pm »
17 years old, so still has to be in school or apprenticeship, and the club lift the price. Rip off.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2018, 07:33:20 pm »
My lad has a junior membership and turns 17 in September.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2018, 08:06:31 pm »
My lad has a junior membership and turns 17 in September.

I had the same with my eldest lad a couple of years ago as well, just renewed as a junior in the summer before he turned 17.

Offline AJL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This time one year, we'll be the Champions again
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2018, 01:28:58 am »
Same for one of mine, renewed his teen one and he'll be 17 in March, just 8 weeks before we win the European Cup again in Madrid, renewal went through with no problems
"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side"

#JFT96

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2018, 06:58:19 pm »
Someone from the club who had spoken to my brother yesterday phoned today and I explained I knew of others who had renewed as a teen despite turning 17 mid-season so the guy said he'd see what options it gave him and lo and behold he was able to select a teen membership. End result is we've cancelled the adult membership and got him the teen one, hopefully the change doesn't fuck up his auto cup selections as they'd originally gone through as adult too. Would be nice if the staff were made aware of the rules but we got there in the end. Thanks to all for the responses.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 06:59:58 pm by sminp »