Author Topic: Eyewitness Report: Liverpool FC 5 - Arsenal (humiliated) 1  (Read 6332 times)

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Eyewitness Report: Liverpool FC 5 - Arsenal (humiliated) 1
« on: February 9, 2014, 03:59:21 pm »
A 12.45pm kick off when you live where I do isn’t easy. It’s harder for many others though so for everyone who travels week in week out I gotta give it to you – it’s a worthy slog to see  your team. For me this consisted of doing it in a loan car. It just seems to be my luck that in the last week of Jan/first week of Feb the car that I have wants to play up. Does it every year without fail irrespective of what car it is and it’s always when we play Arsenal. Spooky as that may be, I’m not one to believe in rituals really so I just got on with it. An early start on a clear motorway with podcasts is a good way up. Being a man of petrol, diesel sounds take a bit of getting used to as well as that thing they call Efficient Dynamics. Bit like our performances at home I guess ;D

Car aside the podcasts were all annoyed with the West Brom match. That wasn’t surprising and to be fair they all have benefits of having some people on that weren’t there to contrast those that were. They probably get to see repeats of the things we as the travelling fans don’t want to. I’m still to work out if that’s a good thing or not… Kolo’s face has done the rounds so to speak!

It’s not something I mention but who buys/receives the Official Matchday programme? I do and I flick through it at best. From back to front is my usual reviewing manner and to be honest I only really look at a few pages if that. At a guess over 30% of is the ads. You have the back for the tables/stats things and some quizzes in between. I do stop at the birthdays bit and toda,  for the second time of looking at them, I stopped and reflected for ages. Usually it’s full of people of all ages celebrating a birthday… my own daughter was in it last year when we beat the Mancs in the Shankly 100 programme. Today it had a death. That made me stop and think of all the people I’ve known who’ve passed away, family and fans of the club as well as friend. The tribute, was very simply and poignant “RIP Navin Rabadia. 45 years a fan of LFC and leaving behind a lovely wife and three beautiful girls”. The photo didn’t make the man look very old and I don’t know who he is or anyone who knows him. All I can say is though when we lose someone close we deal with things differently and some find moving on easier than others… this fan got to move on with his club remembering.

This was made even more poignant on the next page I stopped at. Page 18. Hillsborough Memorial Service, 25th Anniversary. I’ve not seen the details elsewhere but it states tickets will start to be made available from Monday 10th February.

We also paid tribute to Tony Hateley.

Ok. The Match. Well you don’t ever think you’re going to score in the first minute. Especially against Arsenal. Especially if you’re Martin Skrtel. Celebrations, more Rob Guttman, more “it’s too early” from him. I should add that there are other great people sitting a next to me. A gentleman called Michael who’s now in the sticks near Stafford somewhere but originally from Liverpool along with his son/daughter/friend. It’s 1-0 and we don’t care. We’re winning against the league leaders!

When we’d caught our breath and Mignolet did that thing that he does, you know “I’ll come, I’ll go, I’ll err err err ooh it’s not a goal thank god”, we go and do it all over again. And its Flanagan bombing it down. I’d only just finished congratulating his run when the corner came in and Skrtel does it again. 2-0 and Arsenal are rattled. 2 quick goals is their January trademark. Welcome to February, Arsene.

And then we nearly do it again with Raheem down the wings and crossing. Out for corner and just what is Stevie doing sending it out of the box and then just what the hell was that? What on EARTH was that? My word. How hard? Just how has that hit the post? How have I not had a heart attack yet? Suarez. Simply fantastic. Possibly the best effort on goal that hasn’t gone in this season.

The we really do go and do it again. Hendo dispossesses them, off to Luis, across to Raheeeeeeeeeeemmm… GOAL!!!!!!! Hahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaah. Just bedlam. 3-0.

3-0. First half and 16 mins odd. Has this ever been done to Arsenal before? Has this ever been done to a team leading the league in such a manner before? Whilst musing on that Coutinho’s just let Sturridge in for Four. FOURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

It’s not too early now Rob ;D ;D ;D

4-0 and we’ve just ruined the Arsenal. Wenger no place to hide baby, no place to run. Welcome to the Ring of Fire!

5 anyone in the first half? Now lets get one thing clear. This isn’t a shitty half baked Arsenal team that turned up. We were there without our full complement of first choice defenders. So far limited to 2 chances on goal and being thumped by us. It is a glorious sight to behold.

First half musings

• The ref doesn’t like using his yellow card
• 4G reception in the ground rocks. Means we get to see the goals at half time again on BT Sport App. We saw them under our nose from where I sit. We’re just greedy :) Take that LFC Fan Wifi which works only pre match never at half time!
• What will Arsene’s half time team talk be?
• Why did we sit back at 4-0? Brendan won’t be happy
• Why is Jack Wilshere such a tit?
• Any minute now George will put it out on the PA “will a Mister Ozil, that’s Mesut Ozil, please make himself known to one of the stewards so that you can be returned to your Arsenal team mates?” ;D
• What the fuck is going to happen next Sunday?!!!

Second half

Well if its anything like the first this is going to get very very bad for Wenger ;D

Within first 5 odd mins it was. Sterling collects ball on the wing and off he goes and keeper saves but not the cool follow up. 5-0. This is also the part where I contemplate a go slow on the way home as I pass Arsenal fans… to be honest most of them driving have just left the ground so maybe not ;D

At this point you just don’t know how bad it’s going to get for the opposing team. Not that there is any sympathy for them in the ground as the crowd is just as ruthless as Brendan. Over the last five years its not really gone our way at home against the Arsenal. Arshavin, the sun shining in Pepe’s eyes, RVP near post, Diaby running wild. Sympathy can go do one. Annihilating these guys is bringing a tear to my eye.

As does the second time in the match that the best attempt at goal of the season happens again by Suarez. The volley was awesome. The free kick though was power, poise, accuracy and perfection all in one. The only thing missing was the sound of it entering the net.

Oh, they scored a penalty. We cheered for them  ;)

The last time we did this to a team from North London a manager lost his job…now that would be just too ruthless!

Coming back to the Official Matchday Programme for a second. The front cover pretty much summed up the match. How did they already know the scoreline?  ;D

Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Eyewitness Report: Liverpool FC 5 - Arsenal (humiliated) 1
« Reply #1 on: February 9, 2014, 10:00:45 pm »
How lovely. Thank you.
Yep.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 11:43:42 am »
Enjoyable as always, H.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 11:54:33 am »
Love it! Thanks! Trying and failing to think of a time we started a game so explosively against such a top team. The only one I can think of is when we went 2-0 up early on against Mourinho's Chelsea on the day Cech returned from his head injury. This was another level though.

Great read!

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 12:10:25 pm »
Love it! Thanks! Trying and failing to think of a time we started a game so explosively against such a top team. The only one I can think of is when we went 2-0 up early on against Mourinho's Chelsea on the day Cech returned from his head injury. This was another level though.

Great read!

real Madrid is the only game where i can think of, that suarez chance of the post was glorious similar to torres chance which iker saved  even ten minutes after it all i could think was how did that no go in

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 12:25:19 pm »
It was the manner in which Arsenal were humiliated that will stick with me for a long time

North London will hate Brendan and our team for years to come. Not that they show us a lot of love to be fair but just err think twice about that pre match kebab or burger on Sunday  ;D

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2014, 01:25:32 pm »
Great read thanks :thumbup

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2014, 03:37:29 pm »
 Just in case you were forgetting the day.... thanks, as ever, to Harinder.
Yep.

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2014, 03:44:22 pm »
Summed up nicely as usual Harinder.  :thumbup
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2014, 03:48:32 pm »
Great read!!!
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline @indykaila

• the twitter guy off twitter with the hat, off twitter
  • Main Stander
  • Never forget JFT96
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2014, 03:59:58 pm »
Great post  :)
When we win the league my life will be completed

Online robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2014, 04:16:38 pm »
Good read! Thanks!
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Red-juvenated

• Legacy Fan
  • "Normal One"
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2014, 04:30:19 pm »
Great read as alwyas. It was delirium at my place!

How I wished Suarez had scored and those 2 strikes brought the biggest gasps!
Doubters to Believers

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2014, 09:25:01 pm »
Cheers guys

Great post  :)

Factual innit  ;D

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2014, 09:47:47 pm »
Good stuff as usual....

Only need a sabu pundit to complete the weekend in style now!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline kenworthy

• but Deirdre isn't
  • Legacy Fan
  • He hits them from 40 yards...
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2014, 09:58:12 pm »
Lovely stuff. Thanks for sharing. Loved the note about 4G reception in the stadium and checking the replays on your phone!
★      ★      ★      ★      ★
77     78     81     84     05
               YNWA

Offline ACLE

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2014, 10:17:05 pm »
Ni swan H, wish I was there.
Hope that you had a good diesel trip home and that the car is feeling better.
It's not where you've been, it's where we're going.

JUSTICE DELAYED IS JUSTICE DENIED but Justice is getting closer every day.

Offline Chavasse1917

• Legacy Fan
  • “Winning trophies has made me put on weight.”
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2014, 12:35:22 am »
Great read Harinder, I always like your unique view on a match.  As a non Liverpool resident some of your pre match experiences are slightly familiar!

As for : “will a Mister Ozil, that’s Mesut Ozil, please make himself known to one of the stewards so that you can be returned to your Arsenal team mates?” ;D

I can just hear George saying that!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 12:37:01 am by Chavasse1917 »
"Everything has an end...except a sausage, which has two".

Offline pjshaun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2014, 05:45:26 am »
Nothing about the return journey? .........

..... May be I'm being greedy now.  :P

Thanks for the great post.  :wellin

Offline misterjokerboy

• Main Stander
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2014, 12:36:09 pm »
 :wellin
PSN - misterjokerboy
Twitter - misterjokerboy

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2014, 01:17:19 pm »
Great write-up, mate. Gutted I passed on a ticket for this.

No doubt you'll remind me tomorrow of how much of an idiot I am.

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2014, 03:56:15 pm »
Great write-up, mate. Gutted I passed on a ticket for this.

No doubt you'll remind me tomorrow of how much of an idiot I am.

You should have gone. Seriously.

Having said that I think the patience I've got from the missus will wear thin at some point so keeping the stretch of games going  ;D

Offline Desi Kopite

• Anny Roader
  • Twitter: @pritsinghlfc
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2014, 04:12:45 pm »
Great read as usual Harinder, see u lads tomorrow night!

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2014, 04:27:09 pm »
Great read. :)
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline exCite

• Anny Roader
  • Form Is Temporary, Class Is Permanent.
« Reply #24 on: September 5, 2014, 10:09:25 am »
Reading this again, I must say we chose the right match last season to come to Anfield (we do this at least once a year, coming from Belgium, it's a big cost).

I remember my nephew saying the same thing twice: Skrtel's gonna hit the back of the net. He was right both times, we went completely mad both times and as you know, a couple of times after that.
We Remember them with pride,
Those mighty reds of Shankly's side.
And Kenny's boys of '88,
There's never been a side so great.