The Liverpool FC Forum > Liverpool FC Forum

Behaviour of Barcelona Fans

<< < (2/4) > >>

Mottman:
Very sad, Imagine what would happen if some loonie threw a bottle at Anfield.

I thought bottles we not allowed in any grounds, Europe included.

"Its our fault anyway, you could see a young Spainiard saying to the judge, them Liverpool fans sung at me"

Just goes to prove we are better supporters than them and indeed most.

Mottman.

Hagi:
Gala will punish Barca, no problem guys :)

Barrettski:
I was behind Dudek for the bottle throwing... second tier and to be fair to the Barca fans it was a mindless minority who took to throwing things.

The Barca fans around me were great people though and soundly boo-ed and whistled their own fans below them for being stupido. They explained that they have young and impetious fans for which they are very sorry. They didn't like me seeing it and apologised to me (strange but true) as I asked what they thought they were doing.

That said... no excuse, Uefa should take action (for both the Heskey treatment and the bottle throwing) although I doubt they will unless Liverpool complain. I'm not sure we're likely to complain as on the whole the trip and our treatment was fantastic. Tell me if I'm wrong, but I was treated to some fine hospitality and the Barca police uniformed and under cover impressed me with their restraint.

joepunter:
heskey was booed every time he touched the ball last year too. i saw nothing about it in any paper. it happens at every game. nobody ever does anything about it, nor will they ever.

Life:
Didn't notice anything at all where I was (behind and right of the tunnel).  If true they should throw the book at them, or they'll never sort the problem out.  But I've got to say, I thought the fans were extremely tolerant.  It was only the next day I remembered me and another Red dancing round before the game singing "Shitty Ground", and we never had any bad vibes in the ground despite being totally surrounded by them.  An old gadgey came up at the end and shook my hand and said "well done" - and my brother had a little scarf swapping ceremony with a young Barca fan.  We took over Las Ramblas and had nothing but good natured baiting from the occasional Barca fan.  I'd have expected a few snide comments or murderous looks at the least after we left, but it was just the odd smile and rueful look.
The racist crap at Heskey and the bottles are a disgrace - but I think we should give them the benefit of the doubt and put it down to the odd dickhead - and we've all got them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version