Poll

The incoming Tory Tax Cuts..

Brilliant! With everyone struggling at the moment, a few hundred quid would be most welcome
Maybe a small one, but money should be spent on failing public services
I am an egg and I like cheese and fluffy squirrels called Bob. Bob the Fluffy squirrel is my fave babes.
There shouldn't be a tax cut when public services are already so broken. Keep spending what we are
Far more investment is needed in this country. Spend the money where it's needed now and fuck this stupid Austerity shite.

Author Topic: Never mind 'Stop the Boats' - STOP THE TORIES  (Read 1295078 times)

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
Re: Conservatives: wholly-owned subsidiary of the ERG and 55 Tufton Street
« Reply #15440 on: October 1, 2022, 11:23:37 am »
Yeah I read about this the other day.  isn't that a similar point to what am making, it's easy for a Tory voter to scoff and say we had even higher mortgage rates in the 80s/90s and we struggled through, my point was we all got tax relief on the high interest rate to help us struggle through.
Higher interest rates were no myth.  neither were the regular building society letters telling you they've increased the interest rate by so much, your monthly payments will increase to.....that happened all the time.
Apologies if it sounded like I was being dismissive of the interest rate shocks of the past (I do know folk who lost the lot in the 90s). The 'myth' is that it things were worse then than they are now. The analysis of interest rates from the perspective of affordability allows a more sensible like-for-like comparison and shows that we are very much at the same precipice now.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15441 on: October 1, 2022, 11:24:12 am »
Britain should prepare for new age of austerity, warns Simon Clarke

Simon Clarke, the levelling up minister and a key Liz Truss ally, has told the Times that the market chaos that followed the government’s tax cutting mini-budget would pass and warned that Britain should prepare for a new age of austerity.

He also said the prime minister was “enjoying having the chance” to enact policies that “she believes is right”.

Despite the turmoil in financial markets, Clarke said that Truss was “astonishingly resilient” and urged the government to channel the spirit of Margaret Thatcher to push ahead with their vision.

The 38-year-old said:

If I was to describe one word for Liz at the moment, it is purposeful. She knew – and this was certainly something we discussed during the summer – that this would not be a comfortable process.

Clarke added that for too long western countries have lived in a “fool’s paradise” and there would be cuts to government spending to ensure “full alignment with a lower-tax economy”.

Clarke said:

My big concern in politics is that western Europe is just living in a fool’s paradise whereby we can be ever less productive relative to our peers, and yet still enjoy a very large welfare state and persist in thinking that the two are somehow compatible over the medium to long term.

They’re not. We need to address that precisely because in the end, if we want those strong public services then we are going to have to pay for them. I think it is important that we look at a state which is extremely large, and look at how we can make sure that it is in full alignment with a lower tax economy.

Another thing to look forward to, over the next 18 to 24 months.

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #15442 on: October 1, 2022, 11:46:13 am »

That is actually obscene advertising and worse than anything I have ever seen from the private sector, including miracle cures from the wild west. I am going to look in to complaining to the advertising standards agency
I did send it to fullfact.org and I did read than some were considering going to the ASA over it. As I said earlier I redid the calcs and came up with disposable income of £21 but the point remains that the so-called saving touted is virtually impossible to realise.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15443 on: October 1, 2022, 11:48:33 am »

Simon Clarke, the levelling up minister and a key Liz Truss ally, has told the Times that the market chaos that followed the government’s tax cutting mini-budget would pass and warned that Britain should prepare for a new age of austerity.

"Prepare to Level Down" says the Levelling Up minister.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15444 on: October 1, 2022, 11:54:54 am »
Few things about that Simon Clarke comments, firstly, shocked he is only 38. He looks well old.

Secondly he is another weirdo, what is it with Tory scum? He is another like Steve Baker talking about the welfare state defaulting. Ok, mate.

Thirdly, do these Tories not know about politics? Tax cuts for the rich, austerity for everybody else? Honestly they are due for such a shoeing. Keep digging you c*nts.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15445 on: October 1, 2022, 12:00:12 pm »
Lmgtfy

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/local-elections-2019-results-tory-voter-question-time-tax-credits-labour-councillor-287541

https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=67&v=cwfoP0DshgQ&feature=emb_logo
Oh. That's strange. I picked up her name in a prior search - I no longer recall what it was, but it was nothing like Michelle Dorrell. No wonder Google turned up nothing. Thx.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #15446 on: October 1, 2022, 12:00:13 pm »
Few things about that Simon Clarke comments, firstly, shocked he is only 38. He looks well old.

Secondly he is another weirdo, what is it with Tory scum? He is another like Steve Baker talking about the welfare state defaulting. Ok, mate.

Thirdly, do these Tories not know about politics? Tax cuts for the rich, austerity for everybody else? Honestly they are due for such a shoeing. Keep digging you c*nts.

Just googled him. Middlesbrough have a Tory MP? Would never have predicted that.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15447 on: October 1, 2022, 12:00:38 pm »

Of course they do, it's 100% deliberate and thought through.  As much as you (and others) keep repeating it, they're not fucking stupid!

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #15448 on: October 1, 2022, 12:06:07 pm »
Of course they do, it's 100% deliberate and thought through.  As much as you (and others) keep repeating it, they're not fucking stupid!

Well, they got an 80 seat majority in the election 3 years ago and are currently 30% behind in the polls.

They are a little bit dim at the politics game.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15449 on: October 1, 2022, 12:08:49 pm »
"Prepare to Level Down" says the Levelling Up minister.
But is not even 'levelling down'. The top earners are going to be even better off, and everyone else are going to be worse off. And those most negatively effected will be those already at the bottom.
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15450 on: October 1, 2022, 12:10:34 pm »
My big concern in politics is that western Europe is just living in a fool’s paradise whereby we can be ever less productive relative to our peers, and yet still enjoy a very large welfare state and persist in thinking that the two are somehow compatible over the medium to long term.
They’re not. We need to address that precisely because in the end, if we want those strong public services then we are going to have to pay for them. I think it is important that we look at a state which is extremely large, and look at how we can make sure that it is in full alignment with a lower tax economy.

Simon Clarke

Was an article in the guardian.   High tax payers were saying they don’t want this cut

What a fucking shite column. "Western Europe" isn't low in productivity, so his first premise is wrong. And what will actually happen, because it's happend over and over again in history, is that people in countries with way longer hours and way worse wages will realises that that is a shit way to live, and  those countries will also improve wages, working hours, workers rights, and living conditions.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #15451 on: October 1, 2022, 12:18:26 pm »
When you're staring at a 30 point deficit then there'll be a LOT of Tories thinking they could be out on their arses, so I imagine it becomes more difficult to whip them.

Bloody mindedness seems to be the hallmark of the modern Tory. There's a real arrogance without ability amongst their front bench, and they seem to think nobody but them has a clue. They're in for a swift, sharp kick to the bollocks.
normally if an MP rebels against a three line whip they have the whip removed. If 40 of them rebelled the government would then lose their majority if they did remove the whip. I strongly suspect that the whip wouldn't be removed this time
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15452 on: October 1, 2022, 12:21:42 pm »

They are stupid. Boris delivered that and a huge majority as what was predicted. In 3 years, during a war and following a pandemic, both of which should result in even greater Tory support as they were moments of crisis, they have lurched to 30 points behind in the polls.

That doesnt seem very good politics.

Online Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #15453 on: October 1, 2022, 12:24:35 pm »
Has the conference been a shit show then? 🤞🙏

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15454 on: October 1, 2022, 12:24:35 pm »
Did the old age of austerity end and I missed it or something?

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15455 on: October 1, 2022, 12:30:39 pm »
Apologies if it sounded like I was being dismissive of the interest rate shocks of the past (I do know folk who lost the lot in the 90s). The 'myth' is that it things were worse then than they are now. The analysis of interest rates from the perspective of affordability allows a more sensible like-for-like comparison and shows that we are very much at the same precipice now.
That's fine, both making similar points to explain how different the situation is today.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15456 on: October 1, 2022, 12:34:41 pm »
They are stupid. Boris delivered that and a huge majority as what was predicted. In 3 years, during a war and following a pandemic, both of which should result in even greater Tory support as they were moments of crisis, they have lurched to 30 points behind in the polls.

Depends how you look at it, doesn't it.

If they've given up winning the next election and are just trying to destroy the economy and public finances, whilst filling their boots to the brim, I'd say it looks to be a success.

Also, by handing Labour a large majority, it'll hopefully (for them) take PR off the table too.

They are driven by ideology (and dark money), and they are enacting it fully.
« Last Edit: October 1, 2022, 12:37:13 pm by Red-Soldier »

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #15457 on: October 1, 2022, 12:36:39 pm »
It is. But does she think she'll be better under labour? Or will she continue to believe the lies?
I think I'm scared that not many more are polling labour, just far fewer Tory. And that might be reversed.
well seeing as she's now an elected Labour politician, one would think the former applies here.

The latest polls show not just the Tory vote dropping on a raft of policy issues but Labour's numbers increasing too.

Labour now comfortably ahead on the economy for example

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #15458 on: October 1, 2022, 12:44:56 pm »
Has the conference been a shit show then? 🤞🙏
doesn't start until tomorrow

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15459 on: October 1, 2022, 12:50:13 pm »

Truss was the economic Director of Cable and Wireless, shes not thick, shes evil.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15460 on: October 1, 2022, 12:58:00 pm »
Thing is with the weird c*nts like Clarke and Kwarteng - they think voters were voting for them and their views when they were voting for a Poundland right wing Blair in Cameron and “Heineken” Boris.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15461 on: October 1, 2022, 01:00:32 pm »

This all started with Partygate, that wasnt stupidity, it was arrogance.

Regarding Clarkes comments about reducing benefits,  Dont under estimate the mis-guided contempt and jealousy those on low income have for people on benefits.  Its often used as a stick to beat Labour, thjey care more about 'benefit scroungers' than they do me
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15462 on: October 1, 2022, 01:06:58 pm »

If they've given up winning the next election and are just trying to destroy the economy and public finances, whilst filling their boots to the brim, I'd say it looks to be a success.

Also, by handing Labour a large majority, it'll hopefully (for them) take PR off the table too.

It might - but it would not be by design.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15463 on: October 1, 2022, 01:08:04 pm »
The Tories nearly crashed every major pension scheme in the UK five days ago. They must know the people won't stand for an austerity sauce drenching the great steaming shit cake of austerity they've already been force fed for a decade or more.

I can only assume such an act would be out of sheer malice.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #15464 on: October 1, 2022, 01:27:36 pm »
The Tories nearly crashed every major pension scheme in the UK five days ago. They must know the people won't stand for an austerity sauce drenching the great steaming shit cake of austerity they've already been force fed for a decade or more.

I can only assume such an act would be out of sheer malice.
I doubt we'll see austerity for the next two years, as usual they'll leave a mess for Labour to clean up and Starmer will have lots of tough decisions to make.

They'll do something for those earning between £50k and £150k next, said it before but my guess will be to raise the threshold where people pay the 40% rate.

Labour will then struggle to go into an election campaign with a pledge to reduce that, they'll try and set tax cut traps for Labour and hope the electorate fall for it again.

Bringing back the 45% tax band and possibly putting it up to 50% is a no brainer but in the grand scheme of things doesn't bring in much money but it needs to be done

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15465 on: October 1, 2022, 01:33:08 pm »

Thing is, 2 years isnt a long time and one thing the Tories are good at is getting rid of any suspected coup that punishes them as a brand further. I get the feeling these lot genuinely think through their ideological methods that they can win the next election.

These lot have been brainwashed into thinking their beliefs will work.

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #15466 on: October 1, 2022, 02:00:16 pm »
I tried Googling - nothing.

I think Bobbie is mistaken.

https://www.facebook.com/FC4Lab/posts/the-newly-elected-mayor-of-folkestone-cllr-michelle-dorrell-keutenius-congratula/1144262959287725/

Talking about my town, small demo outside the local Tory offices today.

When they are protesting in Folkestone, its time for the Tories to brick themselves.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #15467 on: October 1, 2022, 02:01:51 pm »
well seeing as she's now an elected Labour politician, one would think the former applies here.

The latest polls show not just the Tory vote dropping on a raft of policy issues but Labour's numbers increasing too.

Cheers. I'm a wee bit happier now.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15468 on: October 1, 2022, 02:56:07 pm »
https://www.facebook.com/FC4Lab/posts/the-newly-elected-mayor-of-folkestone-cllr-michelle-dorrell-keutenius-congratula/1144262959287725/

Talking about my town, small demo outside the local Tory offices today.

When they are protesting in Folkestone, its time for the Tories to brick themselves.
You probably saw my follow-up - but in case you didn't - McSquared has already put me right. :)

Thanks for the link.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15469 on: October 1, 2022, 04:49:25 pm »

When it comes to Michelle Dorrell, I think it's a case of realising you've been lied to.

I don't know if the electorate was always this selfish, or whether it's a by-product of Thatcherism, but I think a number of people have realised that the Tories will kick just about anybody when they're down. That's fine if you're not one of the ones with a target on your back, but this Parliament has shown that that can change.

When you realise you're not safe from your own government targeting you, then perhaps it dawns on you that the people you have allowed them to kick might not be the demons the Tories have painted them to be either.

Labour, for all it's multitude of faults, at least tries to make things better for people. We could argue about the morality of selective memory, but perhaps all of a sudden people are nostalgic for the pre-2008 days when everything seemed to be going pretty well.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #15470 on: October 1, 2022, 06:19:09 pm »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Bincey

• Legacy Fan
  • Is that Joe Pasquale? In the garden?
« Reply #15471 on: October 1, 2022, 06:40:51 pm »
Absolutely wild stories in the Times.

"Kwasi Kwarteng went to private champagne reception hours after delivering budget where hedge fund managers egged him on to commit to his plans

Investors who gained from plummeting £ told him:  double down.

Yesterday word reached both @shippersunbound
 and yours truly that Kwasi Kwarteng declared the budget to be a “great day for freedom”.

But most extraordinary line in Shippers’ scoop is how a hedge fund man is privately referring to the chancellor: a “useful idiot”

https://twitter.com/Gabriel_Pogrund/status/1576260578946912257

and then this:

"Liz Truss has told King Charles III to “stay away” from COP27 summit as embattled PM looks to water down climate change commitments"

https://twitter.com/Gabriel_Pogrund/status/1576262658403143680

Edit.

Oh and there's also this:

"Two more of Liz Truss's most senior advisers entered No10 on loan from chief of staff's lobbying company in "unprecedented" deal

Last week Downing St failed to say Fullbrook Strategies — lobbyist for rogue Libyan PM, PPE firm — had others inside"

https://twitter.com/Gabriel_Pogrund/status/1576258757708828672
« Last Edit: October 1, 2022, 06:45:15 pm by Bincey »

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15472 on: October 1, 2022, 09:31:33 pm »
Looks more like 'another day in the Conservative Party' rather than anything unprecedented.

The playbook of a steady, continuous drip of bad news stories already looks pretty similar to the one they used when everyone who mattered got fed up of Boris and wanted him gone. Although in fairness that could just be because Truss and those around her are unable to do anything but accumulate a regular drip of disastrous actions, with inevitably awful consequences.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #15473 on: October 1, 2022, 09:45:17 pm »
I see the mirror has had to apologise for using a photo of a different man captioned as Kami-kwarsi. 🤔
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15474 on: October 1, 2022, 09:50:15 pm »
I see the mirror has had to apologise for using a photo of a different man captioned as Kami-kwarsi. 🤔

I mean so they should.

He’s a fucking disgrace of a human - but fuck me that was shocking. Didn’t even look vaguely similar.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15475 on: October 1, 2022, 10:53:54 pm »

"Liz Truss has told King Charles III to “stay away” from COP27 summit as embattled PM looks to water down climate change commitments.

The palace has confirmed he will not go to the summit, "after seeking advice from Truss".

That is interesting...wonder how royalist conservatives feel about the PM telling the king what to do.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15476 on: October 1, 2022, 11:52:13 pm »
I mean so they should.

He’s a fucking disgrace of a human - but fuck me that was shocking. Didn’t even look vaguely similar.

Thought the.guy looked more like Mugabe to be honest

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15477 on: October 2, 2022, 12:04:51 am »

I think this is very telling.
He thinks Europe is living in a fools paradise.  he's accusing us of wanting our cake and eat it which is a bit hypocritical considering what these Torys have argued over years.  he's not talking about Europe that's boll..., he's talking about the UK, he is telling us we are not competitive with the rest of the world but he's using the words Low production for the reason we aren't competitive.
 I agree with the argument of Europe being less productive than the likes of China or India, how can we be if they have far lower standards across the board. they are full of low paid workers with no worker's rights, awful working condition. this is where he has to change his values and attitude,  I would argue we shouldn't even try to compete with these countries on a level playing field. we would have to drop all out standards to do this.
Europe has different standards and the fact is those standards we value cost money. that was one of the main arguments of remaining in the EU, Europe protected itself from being undercut from these countries who treat their workforce like shit to keep costs down and profits up. it was called protectionism but the extreme right/left managed to turn it into a dirty word. unforgivable.
This where he is coming from. we have to drop all our standards, workers rights, benefits at work and wages if we want to compete with the rest of the world. 
Who says we want to live in a low tax economy anyway, that's the right wing Tory dream.
We pay taxes for a reason, to pay for everything we hold dear, the right wing want the individual to pay for everything themselves to keep those taxes down. nahh, doesn't work that way, if they want to work and earn in Europe then the people who make the big profits have to pay towards keeping the European standard of living as high as possible.
This has got sod all to do with the rest of Europe, this is about the future he wants for the UK.
2016+ it was all about all we need is belief in the UK,  if you don't believe in the UK your not a Patriot, we won the war you know so be positive and start believing in the UK and everything will be glorious, that's all we need to be successful. apparently, that's bullshit now, we need to drop our standards, that means lower wages, les workers rights. no benefits at work, work like workers in China and India, all these things are holding us back from competing with the likes of China and the rest of the world.

It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15478 on: October 2, 2022, 12:19:10 am »
https://newsroom.bankofamerica.com/bernard-mensah

Seems that someone a The Mirror did not properly read the description at the stock photo agency, Alamy:

https://www.alamy.com/london-england-uk-28th-sep-2022-image484261729.html
London, England, UK. 28th Sep, 2022. President of International for Bank of America and Chief Executive of Merrill Lynch International BERNARD MENSAH is seen outside HM Treasury as Chancellor of the Exchequer Kwasi Kwarteng meets representatives of US banks amid value of pound sterling crisis. (Credit Image: © Tayfun Salci/ZUMA Press Wire) Credit: ZUMA Press, Inc./Alamy Live News
« Last Edit: October 2, 2022, 12:20:46 am by Jiminy Cricket »

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #15479 on: October 2, 2022, 12:34:34 am »
So, Simon Clarke, 38, says

"My big concern in politics is that western Europe is just living in a fool’s paradise whereby we can be ever less productive relative to our peers, and yet still enjoy a very large welfare state and persist in thinking that the two are somehow compatible over the medium to long term.

They’re not. We need to address that precisely because in the end, if we want those strong public services then we are going to have to pay for them. I think it is important that we look at a state which is extremely large, and look at how we can make sure that it is in full alignment with a lower tax economy."

And yet, he himself as had little opportunity to use his private education and Oxbridge education to demonstrate his own personal productivity as he's hardly ever done a day's work in his life. Left Oxford and trained as a solicitor but almost straight away moved into politics.

I just love people who are unproductive themselves talking about something they know nothing about. Another dangerous fool,

Levelling up my arse, let's see how that job works put (It will be scrapped but they just do not want the publicity). He'll have a short political career because Stockton won't be sending him back.

People in this country have seen people (bankers, venture capitalists, property developers, hedge fund managers, currency dealers, royalty, celebrities, even footballers etc), grow rich without effort and get rewarded now with tax cuts. It's no wonder people are deeply cynical and, in some cases, moved themselves to self seeking.

It's what Thatcherism was all about, not hard work but getting rich, shares, housing, banking. This country is a mess and this lot are just more of the same Tory shite we've had for generations, except these are even more stupid.
« Last Edit: October 2, 2022, 12:53:08 am by Black Bull Nova »
aarf, aarf, aarf.