Author Topic: Ground Entry  (Read 62247 times)

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Re: Ground Entry
« Reply #160 on: August 24, 2021, 08:36:39 pm »
Just checked and mine has too.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: August 24, 2021, 08:57:53 pm »
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #162 on: August 24, 2021, 09:04:59 pm »
Burnley issues

https://twitter.com/spiritofshankly/status/1430093744234188803
concourse issues have been the same for years hardly a new problem

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #163 on: August 24, 2021, 09:42:40 pm »
Burnley issues

https://twitter.com/spiritofshankly/status/1430093744234188803

Queues were horrendous in the main stand concourse at HT and ran out of lager early doors.  Only Guinness was being served.

Offline 18and6

• Main Stander
« Reply #164 on: August 25, 2021, 08:45:23 am »
There's a little box you can click first by the game before it let's you click 'download nfc pass'
As UntouchableLuis said above, he needs to select the tick box that enables it. I done it myself so I know it works.

Go to 'Memberships' then click the tick box and it should enable the download NFC pass button.

Yeah we did the tick box but option was still greyed out for download.
Anyway Chelsea went into his google pay yesterday evening so hopefully no more issues.
Thanks for the replies.

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: August 25, 2021, 09:10:26 am »
Just checked and mine has too.

Nothing for ours still, it still shows Burnley in the detaisl

Reckon it will have to be download membership again - It's crap end of story

Then it will move to barcode as NFC fails again
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 09:19:29 am by Tiz Lad »

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: August 25, 2021, 09:28:25 am »
Nothing for ours still, it still shows Burnley in the detaisl

Reckon it will have to be download membership again - It's crap end of story

Then it will move to barcode as NFC fails again

is your phone all up to date with the latest OS updates and all that?

Offline Oh Campione

• Anny Roader
« Reply #167 on: August 25, 2021, 09:42:28 am »
Good point. I'll mention this to my mate. He was also moved to a low row in 108.

This was dealt with really well in the end - I had another call and they apologised, the seat I originally bought was a carers seat next to a season ticket - they moved me to another spare seat in 105 so avoided being down in the corner

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: August 25, 2021, 09:42:43 am »
is your phone all up to date with the latest OS updates and all that?

Galaxy S20 Ultra, update every single time there's a released update, all Play store items including GPay up to date - Google Pay set as default payment option

Mrs is on S10 same as above all updated to latest updates

Never ever have any trouble doing NFC payments anywhere else, as I use it virtually every single day

Chelsea shows as the next match in my ticket account but Burnley on my phone, same for my Mrs
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 09:54:25 am by Tiz Lad »

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #169 on: August 25, 2021, 10:34:25 am »
It'll change before Saturday

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: August 25, 2021, 10:41:46 am »
It'll change before Saturday

Well it didn't last week without a re-download of the membership

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #171 on: August 25, 2021, 10:43:49 am »
Well it didn't last week without a re-download of the membership

When did you re-download the membership?

Offline sharkeyb

• Would pay to see a Mason's willy, but not more than £35.
  • Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #172 on: August 25, 2021, 10:49:21 am »
i have a moto g9 plus, fairly new(ish)  every so often the NFC decides to not work,

you need to turn off and back on to get it going, so i'll do that every match day
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: August 25, 2021, 12:03:19 pm »
When did you re-download the membership?

Downloaded mine again last Thursday, left My Mrs to see if hers updated hadn't done by 11:30 Friday night and had to do same for her

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #174 on: August 25, 2021, 12:16:30 pm »
Downloaded mine again last Thursday, left My Mrs to see if hers updated hadn't done by 11:30 Friday night and had to do same for her

Ah fair, you gave it a chance. I know loads who did it Monday and claiming the system was broken because it didn't automatically update immediately.

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: August 25, 2021, 12:22:44 pm »
Ah fair, you gave it a chance. I know loads who did it Monday and claiming the system was broken because it didn't automatically update immediately.

Just got through to live chat after nigh on 2 hrs. As much use as a chocolate teapot

If it's not downloaded by Friday get in touch, and we will be available Saturday Morning - Have they any idea how hard it is to get hold of somebody?

So you're meant to be able to set aside hours of time to see if they can sort your tickets, if you can get through to anybody

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: August 26, 2021, 04:10:49 pm »
3.30 for a 5.30pm kick off, what an absolute farce this all is

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #178 on: August 26, 2021, 04:15:02 pm »

‘Advised entry times’  ;)

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: August 26, 2021, 04:17:53 pm »

Would be more of a farce if there were no staggered kick off times and everyone rocked up at their normal time, having to delay the kick off. Or fire away with a half 5 kick off and 10000 people still standing outside.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #180 on: August 26, 2021, 05:28:53 pm »

Just advised, but after Burnley it is worth getting there early until the issues are ironed out. The queues closer to KO looked pretty bad. I had folk still coming past me to get to their seat 30 mins after KO because of the queues and they arrived at their designated entry time.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: August 26, 2021, 05:42:45 pm »
They've changed the times so everyone is advised to get there by 5 instead of 15 mins before like Saturday. Not sure why they can't open the ground any earlier too, any little helps

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: August 26, 2021, 10:35:27 pm »

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: August 26, 2021, 10:48:07 pm »

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #184 on: August 26, 2021, 10:51:12 pm »
They've changed the times so everyone is advised to get there by 5 instead of 15 mins before like Saturday. Not sure why they can't open the ground any earlier too, any little helps
This is going to carry on all season isn’t it. I don’t see how they can address it. If there was an simple solution it would have been implemented by now, three weeks post the friendlies trial. There’ll still be queues on Saturday evening but just be earlier and despite asking fans to get their 15 mins earlier than Burnley won’t mean that everyone will be guaranteed to get in before kick off.

My advised entry time is between 15.30-16.00 what am I supposed to do for two hours post kick off? I enjoy watching the warm ups and scouting the opposition but that’ll be from 16.50 onwards. That’s an 1hr 20 mins pottering around wasting time. I can’t enjoy a drink or two as I’m driving and the concourses will be rammed with people watching soccer Saturday and sauna-like conditions in an indoor COVID hotspot.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: August 26, 2021, 11:27:43 pm »
This is going to carry on all season isn’t it. I don’t see how they can address it. If there was an simple solution it would have been implemented by now, three weeks post the friendlies trial. There’ll still be queues on Saturday evening but just be earlier and despite asking fans to get their 15 mins earlier than Burnley won’t mean that everyone will be guaranteed to get in before kick off.

My advised entry time is between 15.30-16.00 what am I supposed to do for two hours post kick off? I enjoy watching the warm ups and scouting the opposition but that’ll be from 16.50 onwards. That’s an 1hr 20 mins pottering around wasting time. I can’t enjoy a drink or two as I’m driving and the concourses will be rammed with people watching soccer Saturday and sauna-like conditions in an indoor COVID hotspot.
I think they just hope everyone will become use to the technology and the queues will die down but I'm not sure. I usually aim for an hour before because I like watching warms up before too but I'll probably aim to be there near 2hrs before and see what the queues are like at that time. Shitty they don't have any food vans though

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #186 on: August 26, 2021, 11:35:54 pm »

I got in early against Burnley to avoid the queues. Would you rather be in early and chill, or stand in a huge queue and worry if you’ll make it in for KO?

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #187 on: August 26, 2021, 11:43:15 pm »
Post kick-off you'll have a game to watch ;) But mine's early too. It was ok last week just catching up with people around you but different if you don't know them. Play a game on your phone? Or hope George gets there earlier?

It was interesting reading about people being moved without warning. My mate's mum's ST is 3 rows behind the home dug out. Last Saturday she was the only one in her row, even the other STHs weren't there. Today she got an email saying she's been moved to row 30 near the away fans. Her eye sight isn't great so things are going to be quite blurred back there. But so much for "we are all one big family" when they don;t even ring people or apologise. Who knows how long she will be back there for.
Guessing the others were all move last week but somehow they forgot her ::)

Last week her phone didn't work either so she asked the steward at the turnstile....who had no clue as she was new! Then she was told to go and find a fan support assistant, which she did and then had to join the back of the queue again. Shouldn't the fan support people be by the entrances?! IMO no way she she had to go and FIND one.
We are a team of one half.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: August 26, 2021, 11:49:10 pm »
fuck all then

Yes. It was shit and it'll continue to be shit, so fuck off. Well, more or less.

It'll be interesting to see what happens when listening to SOS becomes part of the constitution.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: August 26, 2021, 11:56:39 pm »
If there was an simple solution it would have been implemented by now, three weeks post the friendlies trial.

I agree, there's no simple solution. But surely, there's a few simple things they could do that would surely make things a bit better.

Have more stewards on, have them better briefed. Have the windows open so people can get help. Have more of the people on the concourse with the portable ale, so the queues for food aren't as big. And make sure they don't run out of food and ale on the concourse.

Won't solve everything but it's surely not that hard to make it a bit better.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: August 27, 2021, 01:20:07 am »
Yes. It was shit and it'll continue to be shit, so fuck off. Well, more or less.

It'll be interesting to see what happens when listening to SOS becomes part of the constitution.
I'd say nothing major

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #191 on: August 27, 2021, 07:03:01 am »
Managed to sell my ticket for Burnley to a mate, transfer was flawless so that’s a plus

My NFC pass in my Apple Wallet has updated to Chelsea, but once again has gone into the expired section of my wallet

Offline LFC-forever

• Main Stander
  • Up the Reds
« Reply #192 on: August 27, 2021, 08:18:01 am »
Sorry if this has already been answered, it’s my first time i’m going Anfield this season and I bought a ticket for the chelsea game last night. After buying the ticket I’ve added the NFC pass to my wallet (members card) but the Chelsea game still hasn't updated, I’ve manually refreshed it and tried removed and re-adding the member card in wallet. I have an iPhone and have the latest Ios. If the Chelsea game doesn’t update am I able to use the QR code in the member pass to get access at the turnstile?? If anyone knows I’d be grateful for an answer.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 08:19:37 am by LFC-forever »
its not a badge, its a family crest

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #193 on: August 27, 2021, 09:04:44 am »
I got in early against Burnley to avoid the queues. Would you rather be in early and chill, or stand in a huge queue and worry if you’ll make it in for KO?
Similar to Roy Keane, I live by the mantra that being on time is late and being late in unacceptable. I’d much prefer to be in the ground than fretting about not making it in by k/o but the way it’s going it’s going to impact on the ‘fun’ of the match day experience. Champions League kick offs at 7.45pm, they surely can’t ask fans to be in by 5.45?!
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline AR48

• Anny Roader
« Reply #194 on: August 27, 2021, 09:47:53 am »
Similar to Roy Keane, I live by the mantra that being on time is late and being late in unacceptable. I’d much prefer to be in the ground than fretting about not making it in by k/o but the way it’s going it’s going to impact on the ‘fun’ of the match day experience. Champions League kick offs at 7.45pm, they surely can’t ask fans to be in by 5.45?!

Spot on! Having to be in two hours before is ridiculous. That is the same time frame as getting on a flight but unlike getting on a flight, there is no baggage, check in, passport control etc just a scan to enter the ground. Occasionally for Champions League games, I’ve still been in work two hours before. Normally for a weekend game, I want to be in the pub two hours before, not in a tight concourse.
I’ve no doubt the situation will improve in time, it wouldn’t be feasible to continue like this long term but the club need to look at some fixes in the short term.

Offline actwithoutwords

• postswithoutreading
  • Kopite
« Reply #195 on: August 27, 2021, 10:47:41 am »
No sign of U7 anywhere on the staggered times page. Good stuff!
Incidentally, can you bring a pint to your seat now? Saw a few photos from last week with people holding beers in the stands. Would be nice to avoid drinking inside in the concourse.

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: August 27, 2021, 10:49:43 am »
No sign of U7 anywhere on the staggered times page. Good stuff!

No U9 either which is where we are. Going to aim for 4-4.30pm anyway.
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #197 on: August 27, 2021, 10:55:07 am »
Will be aim to be in the ground about an hour before kick off. I don't mind being in the ground to enjoy the build up when people get in at their normal times but last Saturday was a joke.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #198 on: August 27, 2021, 11:50:07 am »
Sorry if this has already been answered, it’s my first time i’m going Anfield this season and I bought a ticket for the chelsea game last night. After buying the ticket I’ve added the NFC pass to my wallet (members card) but the Chelsea game still hasn't updated, I’ve manually refreshed it and tried removed and re-adding the member card in wallet. I have an iPhone and have the latest Ios. If the Chelsea game doesn’t update am I able to use the QR code in the member pass to get access at the turnstile?? If anyone knows I’d be grateful for an answer.

It took at least 24 hours after buying the ticket for Burnley to show on my members card. Have you turned off automatic updates and then switched it back on as that’s what I had to do? I believe people have used the QR codes to enter, but that’s when the game has been showing on the members card and the NFC hasn’t worked. If it’s not appeared by now then jump in the online chat to the club, you may have to wait a while in the queue to talk to someone!

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #199 on: August 27, 2021, 04:41:39 pm »
Incidentally, can you bring a pint to your seat now? Saw a few photos from last week with people holding beers in the stands. Would be nice to avoid drinking inside in the concourse.

No, stewards were sending people back t the concourse by me on the Kop.
We are a team of one half.