Author Topic: Lads, Trying to Conceive is a Ballache!  (Read 10503 times)

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
Lads, Trying to Conceive is a Ballache!
« on: March 29, 2021, 08:54:14 am »
Hiya chaps!

Not sure if this is a thread that would be used much, or perhaps it is too public for some.

My wife and I are trying for our first baby and have been (on and off) since June.

To be honest it's taken me by surprise how difficult it is. My wife has been pregnant in the past so we know she is able, but I'm starting to get a bit concerned about my lil guys.

There seems to be a lot of groups for woman, and quite rightly, but struggled to find many good forums or support groups for men to chat about their worries.

Just thought maybe there are others that have found it hard in the past, maybe someone has some health tips or know other platforms they may have used.

There must be many folk that have been or are in a similar situation.

Basically just a bit of a place to reach out to others for support.

Again, maybe this is an inappropriate thread so mods, please delete if its crossing any lines.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
Re: Lads, Trying to Conceive is a Ballache!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2021, 10:01:09 am »
Not a bad idea to be able to have an open discussion.

Me and my girlfriend have been having the kids chat recently. It's some way off for us (3-5 years in likelihood) but it's good to have a resource like this where people are comfortable to speak about the process etc.

I think your situation is the norm in all honesty Aurelio - 6 months seems standard time to get pregnant these days. At least amongst several couples I know who have been trying, some successful, some still trying.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2021, 11:32:36 am »
It does seem the norm actually the more I've read.

I'm at the age where all our friends have kids or are at least trying. I'm 35 and my wife is 30.

This weekend three couples have announce they are expecting their first child, one of whom is my best friend! I'm buzzing for them but I've felt a bit bummed out by our recent fail attempts.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2021, 11:35:52 am »
It does seem the norm actually the more I've read.

I'm at the age where all our friends have kids or are at least trying. I'm 35 and my wife is 30.

This weekend three couples have announce they are expecting their first child, one of whom is my best friend! I'm buzzing for them but I've felt a bit bummed out by our recent fail attempts.
Try not to be, it's different for all couples. The NHS suggests that if the lady is under 35, try for 12 months before getting a fertility test (both). So I'd say keep doing what you're doing and maybe bring the greater thought and analysis to it if you're still in the same position in 3/4 months time.

We're a few years behind yourselves and there's 4 years between my partner and I, but I think we'll be roughly similar ages to you as to when we want to try for a baby.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2021, 11:57:24 am »
It took me and Mrs K about 18 months and we were early-mid thirties.  It can be mentally and emotionally draining but know that you are far from being any sort of outlier.  I know loads of couples, probably even the majority, who have found it difficult to conceive first time.

We’d both had fertility tests and they both came back normal, we were told to give another couple of months trying before getting an IVF referral.  We were a couple of days away from it when we got a positive pregnancy test. I don’t know if it was just one of those things, or whether it was a case of us both just relaxing a bit and knowing that we were fine and that we were eligible for IVF.

So that would be my suggestion, try not to worry too much as I think stress can have a slight affect on fertility. It’s easier said than done, mind.  Also lay off the booze a bit (if you drink that is) and try to stay fit and active but don’t overdo it.

Also, know that it is absolutely no reflection on you as a man.  I’ve known some blokes get a bit strange and think that they are somehow some sort of failure. You’re not, it’s just biology.

Edit: Also, as our Dr told us, the thing you have to do in order to get pregnant is supposed to be fun.  So don’t turn it into some sort of chore that needs to be ticked off the list of things to do that week. Don’t be thinking “right, this is the one.”  Also give yourself a couple of days to “recover” in between if you know what I mean.   ;) ;D
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 12:01:16 pm by Kekule »

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2021, 12:36:23 pm »
Cheers guys :)

I think the stress is not to be under-estimated.

Four months ago we bought a new house and it all needs renovating so thats be a stress. I mean, its a project so we knew what we were getting ourselves into! And then two months before that I lost my pre-Covid promotion and then was then made redundant. Luckily, I managed to stay within the company, waiving my redundancy but in a lesser role. Its only temporary but it all adds to the stress!

What you say is right though, we try to make it fun and not routine.

Kekule, that I feel can be a big factor. I'm starting to worry that my swimmers aren't any good so I'm stressing about that. I think maybe if I visit the docs and the tests are good, that may relieve some of the pressure.

I hope this thread can be useful for some people in a similar situation to myself.

Think i might add a 'what position did you succeed with' poll next  :lmao
"Salahs in here......"

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2021, 12:45:26 pm »

Four months ago we bought a new house and it all needs renovating so thats be a stress. I mean, its a project so we knew what we were getting ourselves into! And then two months before that I lost my pre-Covid promotion and then was then made redundant. Luckily, I managed to stay within the company, waiving my redundancy but in a lesser role. Its only temporary but it all adds to the stress!

Kekule, that I feel can be a big factor. I'm starting to worry that my swimmers aren't any good so I'm stressing about that. I think maybe if I visit the docs and the tests are good, that may relieve some of the pressure.

I hope this thread can be useful for some people in a similar situation to myself.

On the sink in the bathroom in the best western movieland in Orlando  ;)

We had no problems with conception with our two, even though I was 40 and 43 when she got pregnant, so I can't really help in that dept, but like Kekule says, make sure its still fun and try not to stress about it. Might be an idea to get your swimmers checked, just to make sure and wear baggy undies to keep your nut sack cool.

I've just got an image of the missus lying on her back, knees curled to her chest, so they was no "run off" of the vital fluids ;D She'd read it somewhere that it helped.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2021, 01:12:30 pm »

Fucking hell, you’ve gone for the stress Grand Slam there haven’t you?! Moving house, change of job (albeit forced upon you) and trying for a baby...all during a global pandemic!

All the best though.  Talk to the Dr about a test, let them know when you started trying.  They may tell you to wait another few months.

I’ll tell you what, providing a sample for a fertility test was the most stressful thing about it for me.  You might think “wa-hey, I get a to knock one out on Dr’s orders.” But I was given a window of about 15 minutes to drop my sample off.  The sample itself had to be less than an hour old, kept warm, and it took 40 odd minutes to get there in good traffic. (It was on the grounds of a hospital, so there wasn’t really anywhere I deemed suitable on site to do what was needed.)

That’s pressure.  :D   

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2021, 01:39:25 pm »
I can say 100% that optional would not have featured on the poll :lmao I must hand it to you for going against tradition!

The post-coitus 'legs in the air' always felt a bit daft, however we have added that to our routine now. I'll put the tele on for her and ill get a quick blast on the Xbox!

I cannot to baggy undies. I wear very skinny jeans but I've read thats not good! Might have to wear jogger to work. Or perhaps I could just cut a hole for my balls to hang out of my pants and just wear a really long coat. Pretty sure that might get me arrested though.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2021, 01:44:10 pm »
I’ll tell you what, providing a sample for a fertility test was the most stressful thing about it for me.  You might think “wa-hey, I get a to knock one out on Dr’s orders.” But I was given a window of about 15 minutes to drop my sample off.  The sample itself had to be less than an hour old, kept warm, and it took 40 odd minutes to get there in good traffic. (It was on the grounds of a hospital, so there wasn’t really anywhere I deemed suitable on site to do what was needed.)

I think thats a premise the Fast N The Furious could use in the next installment.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2021, 02:01:54 pm »
Me & Mrs tried unsuccessfully naturally so about to go down the IVF route. Fingers crossed.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2021, 03:25:58 pm »
Fucking hell, you’ve gone for the stress Grand Slam there haven’t you?! Moving house, change of job (albeit forced upon you) and trying for a baby...all during a global pandemic!

All the best though.  Talk to the Dr about a test, let them know when you started trying.  They may tell you to wait another few months.

“And that, officer, is why your constable caught me wanking in the bushes outside the hospital.”

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2021, 05:43:15 pm »
“And that, officer, is why your constable caught me wanking in the bushes outside the hospital.”

:lmao

;D

After my vasectomy, I had to have a sample analysed for swimmers, it was winter, I was on the motorbike and had to ride 5 miles to drop it off nr Media City, so had to keep it in an inside pocket to keep it warm. Walking in and handing it to the receptionist and her knowing I'd not long knocked one out was a bit embarrassing.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2021, 07:25:10 pm »

;D

After my vasectomy, I had to have a sample analysed for swimmers, it was winter, I was on the motorbike and had to ride 5 miles to drop it off nr Media City, so had to keep it in an inside pocket to keep it warm. Walking in and handing it to the receptionist and her knowing I'd not long knocked one out was a bit embarrassing.
You got a kick and you know it 😉
"Salahs in here......"

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2021, 07:26:28 pm »
Me & Mrs tried unsuccessfully naturally so about to go down the IVF route. Fingers crossed.
Fingers crossed for you mate. Hope it all goes well.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2021, 03:55:43 pm »
Me and my wife struggled as well, for around 18 months in all. Went to the doctors after 6 months or so and as others have said, were told to carry on as normal for at least a year and then come back.

After 1 year or so we went through a few tests, which were all pretty normal, and in the end we opted to have a go with IUI (artificial insemination). I think what you have available to you will differ depending on where you happen to be in the country (assuming you're UK based). For us we had three tries on the NHS and if that failed it was a question of IVF or leave it to fate (we had already decided we'd leave it to fate in that eventuality).

As it happens, first round of IUI we conceived...twice. We ended up with twin boys and I almost fell off my fucking chair when the doctor announced - with classic comedic timing; "ANNNNNND HERE'S THE SECOND ONE!!".

We were both around the same ages as you guys as well, by the way. I was 35 and my wife was 31 when our two were born last year.

So yeah, I wouldn't panic at this stage at all.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 03:57:25 pm by Grobbelrevell »
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2021, 08:00:30 pm »

We had no problems with conception with our two, even though I was 40 and 43 when she got pregnant, so I can't really help in that dept, but like Kekule says, make sure its still fun and try not to stress about it. Might be an idea to get your swimmers checked, just to make sure and wear baggy undies to keep your nut sack cool.

I've just got an image of the missus lying on her back, knees curled to her chest, so they was no "run off" of the vital fluids ;D She'd read it somewhere that it helped.

Why did I know that was your post as soon as I read that 1st sentence 😳😂

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2021, 09:00:50 pm »
Why did I know that was your post as soon as I read that 1st sentence 😳😂
Were you on the receiving end!?
"Salahs in here......"

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2021, 09:01:52 pm »
Me and my wife struggled as well, for around 18 months in all. Went to the doctors after 6 months or so and as others have said, were told to carry on as normal for at least a year and then come back.

After 1 year or so we went through a few tests, which were all pretty normal, and in the end we opted to have a go with IUI (artificial insemination). I think what you have available to you will differ depending on where you happen to be in the country (assuming you're UK based). For us we had three tries on the NHS and if that failed it was a question of IVF or leave it to fate (we had already decided we'd leave it to fate in that eventuality).

As it happens, first round of IUI we conceived...twice. We ended up with twin boys and I almost fell off my fucking chair when the doctor announced - with classic comedic timing; "ANNNNNND HERE'S THE SECOND ONE!!".

We were both around the same ages as you guys as well, by the way. I was 35 and my wife was 31 when our two were born last year.

So yeah, I wouldn't panic at this stage at all.
Oh my god did you actually not know you were expecting twins!?
"Salahs in here......"

Online tinner777

• give me some sugar
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2021, 09:15:43 pm »
Hi, tried for a year, nothing happening, me average, her ok.

IVF in Ireland, 2nd go, big fella, 16. 4th go, twins both 13.

Similar age to you.

I don't know how the nhs works but make sure you have the money so it's not a stress. And for fucks sake don't tell your mates or family at the start (I presume you're anon here!) otherwise you'll get all kind of advice on positions, time of day, moon lighting….

They'll sort out your "swimmers" and if they need any help. My first go swimmers got help, the other goes they left to rampage by themselves.

If you go the IVF route have a bit of time off for the first go as it is really strange. There's no amount of support you'll both need. If you've not told anyone it's a bit easier as you don't have anyone on the old refresh key wanting to know.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2021, 09:25:43 am »
Oh my god did you actually not know you were expecting twins!?

Nope. Absolutely no idea.

I'm a pretty pale guy as it is and I could literally feel the colour draining out of me when the doc flipped the majigger round to 'Twin 2'. Fair to say there were a couple of lengthy dog walks that followed, staring into the middle distance and trying to work out what this would look like  ;D

Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2021, 12:11:30 pm »
If you've not told anyone it's a bit easier as you don't have anyone on the old refresh key wanting to know.
We have made the mistake here of telling a few folk we are trying. I think partially as we got married 3 years ago people had started to mention it, and we are at the age where all of our mates are either trying for, or have kids.

Funnily enough I bought a sperm testing kit to see how many swimmers I have! I know its not 100% accurate but if I have a low count at least I can go to the docs sooner that I would have done. My wife read the instructions and it said 'dont masturbate or have sex for 4- 7 days before the test'.

She fucking loved that didnt she!
"Salahs in here......"

Online tinner777

• give me some sugar
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2021, 08:48:16 pm »
 ;D you obviously got her to assist with the test, I think I had ten tests before she realised  :) :lmao

On a serious note, its a really weird time for both of you and I wish you both really well. Let me know if you want to talk about any of it. I suppose it's easier for one of you if there is someone who may be at fault (although I don't mean it that way, at least you can goto work on the person) if there's no reason it's heartbreaking especially when all around you are pregnant.

As a few lads have said, the clinic is funny as fuck, first time, in you walk, given bottle. Nurse nods head towards small office. In I walk toilet with a load of well thumbed "art pamphlets". Do the required, wash hands and back into the waiting room with all the other couples. Not a word said. Eyes on the ground. By the forth time I almost forgot the bottle going in and started whistling on the way out.

Good luck mate.

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #23 on: April 1, 2021, 09:25:03 am »

On a serious note, its a really weird time for both of you and I wish you both really well. Let me know if you want to talk about any of it. I suppose it's easier for one of you if there is someone who may be at fault (although I don't mean it that way, at least you can goto work on the person) if there's no reason it's heartbreaking especially when all around you are pregnant.
Good luck mate.
Thanks mate, appreciate that.

I wanted this thread to be full of support, humour and tips for men going through a similar experience.

Can be a really difficult, stressful time and us lads don't always open up. It can be quite hard to discuss with close friends so this may be the perfect platform for some.

I hope people reading this thread can get some comfort that it's totally normal to experience 'trouble shooting'!

I just need to keep thinking positively myself!
"Salahs in here......"

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: April 1, 2021, 04:28:36 pm »

The receptionist I had to hand my sample over was some nice kindly grey haired old lady.  By some distance she's the oldest person I've ever given my spunk to.

Seriously though, it was massively embarrassing, it was like handing it over to your mates Nan or something.  I'm not sure what wouldn't have been embarrassing, mind.

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #25 on: April 1, 2021, 10:35:09 pm »
By some distance she's the oldest person I've ever given my spunk to.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #26 on: April 2, 2021, 10:52:09 am »
My best friend, who had told me him and his partner had a positive pregnancy test last week have gone to the docs who has told them that they are not pregnant.

Apparently there are such things called chemical pregnancies which can give a positive result.

Really feeling for them. They are finding it hard as they are both 35.

My wife is currently desperate to get pregnant so everytime is suggest a fumble she says yes :lmao

Its a four day weekend, my birthday weekend, the good stuff on tap, just need the boys to get a result tomorrow and I'll die a happy man!
"Salahs in here......"

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: April 3, 2021, 12:03:41 pm »
Fingers crossed for you mate. Hope it all goes well.
Thanks mate.

It's not a easy process. Takes it's toll on the Mrs & throw in virus vaccination.

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #28 on: April 3, 2021, 01:10:28 pm »
Thanks mate.

It's not a easy process. Takes it's toll on the Mrs & throw in virus vaccination.
I cant imagine.

Let us know how you get on mate. This thread is a place to vent and unload (excuse the pun) as there's a few of us that will be going through it or similar.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: April 4, 2021, 02:50:03 pm »
I cant imagine.

Let us know how you get on mate. This thread is a place to vent and unload (excuse the pun) as there's a few of us that will be going through it or similar.
Cheers mate.

It's difficult for Mrs not me really. Worried for her and she seems set on the treatment immediately and then the vaccination.

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2021, 11:12:40 am »
Another couple of months without any luck here!

Upping my game. I've got some mens tablets that apparently will whip my balls into shape. Wife's also on the pregnecare stuff.

Stupidly we are still casually smoking and drinking. Just on a weekend. Think that will need to stop as we look to 'level up'.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2021, 01:23:10 pm »
Sorry to hear that.

It's fucking frustrating for you as it sounds like you're doing all the right things.  All I can say is try and keep your spirits up and try not to get too down about it, and let it occupy your thoughts, it doesn't help.  Try and enjoy life a bit, especially as things are opening up a bit, and see what happens.  It's just a waiting game.

Online AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2021, 10:16:40 am »
I think its a genetic crap shoot. I remember trying with my ex. We were both healthy normal people and it took several miscarriages and almost a year. My dope smoking, overweight, tobacco smoking best mate from England has five kids.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2021, 11:19:24 am »
It's also compatibility.

Many years ago some friends had been trying for a couple of years but nothing was happened.  They went for tests and were told there was nothing wrong with either of them to prevent them conceiving, they just couldn't have a child together.

After many gut wrenching months they were so desperate to become parents they divorced so they could find new partners and both were parents within a year of meeting someone else.

I thought it was terribly sad that their need for offspring was so desperate that seperating was their only option.

Obviously now they'd get IVF.

Best of luck guys 👍

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2021, 05:29:40 pm »
Almost 6 month on from the start of the thread and still no joy trying to get a bloody bun in the oven.

Positive news, wife's had her bloods taken and all good there. Just waiting on me giving a sample before we go to the next step. 15th December I've got wait for that!
"Salahs in here......"

Online AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2021, 09:00:18 pm »
Almost 6 month on from the start of the thread and still no joy trying to get a bloody bun in the oven.

Positive news, wife's had her bloods taken and all good there. Just waiting on me giving a sample before we go to the next step. 15th December I've got wait for that!

Isn't there a cheap online service you can send in a 'sample' you can do much quicker ?.

I'm sorry you are struggling. I hope it works out for you. Everything else in your life seems not to matter so much when you are trying for a family.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2021, 12:12:58 am »
Just get a cat
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2021, 08:09:30 am »
Just get a cat
I've got a dog who I love more than most things! Always said that if we couldn't have kids we would get more dogs.

Well this week were dog sitting for my mother in law...

I'm now thinking I can't handle two dogs at once, let alone children :lmao
"Salahs in here......"

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2021, 08:11:21 am »
Isn't there a cheap online service you can send in a 'sample' you can do much quicker ?.

I'm sorry you are struggling. I hope it works out for you. Everything else in your life seems not to matter so much when you are trying for a family.
I tried one!

It went something alone the lines of....

If its pink you have a high sperm count. If its red you have a low sperm count.

It came out orange. I just threw it away 😂

Will try one that's not from amazon next time.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2021, 02:48:19 pm »
I don't know if it makes you feel any better, but the fact that y'all have only been trying (off and on) for a few months, isn't a very long time in the scope of things. And I say that knowing 'not worrying' is far easier said on the internet than done in real life.

It took my wife and I a few months last year before we got pregnant before we ended up having a miscarriage. Once we got mostly through/over that, we started trying again this year and it took a few months again, but was far more stressful emotionally and mentally just because of what we had been through. So I don't dismiss the stress/anxiety you are feeling. It's there and it's real, for men too. Like others have said, when trying for a family, many other things seem to not matter and it can be easy to get swept up in it all.

I have friends who pretty much conceived right from the off, I've got friends where it took 6+ months of trying and I know a couple that went the adoption route after several years and too many miscarriages to where they couldn't take it anymore.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 02:51:43 pm by Lone Star Red »
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp