Author Topic: Anfield Road Extension - Construction work resumed on 12th September 2023.  (Read 869592 times)

Online stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Anfield Road Extension - Construction Underway
« Reply #1400 on: October 12, 2021, 12:02:50 pm »
You can hardly move after the game coming out the Kop trying to get down the street, you get a massive bottleneck of fans trying to get both ways on the corner, that’ll surely be even worse with a few thousand more to the capacity so it’s hard to imagine how any upgrade to the Kop would be even possible, where is the space coming from when the current road only just manages as it is?

Offline The-Originals

• Main Stander
« Reply #1401 on: October 17, 2021, 09:51:48 pm »
You can hardly move after the game coming out the Kop trying to get down the street, you get a massive bottleneck of fans trying to get both ways on the corner, that’ll surely be even worse with a few thousand more to the capacity so it’s hard to imagine how any upgrade to the Kop would be even possible, where is the space coming from when the current road only just manages as it is?

why not stay in the ground after the game, get a drink,
Allez Allez Allez.

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #1402 on: October 17, 2021, 11:10:23 pm »
pretty sure you can't stay
YNWA

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #1403 on: October 17, 2021, 11:50:48 pm »

All the bars and other concourse facilities are closed after the game.

Which I always found odd. The odd person is going to want a four pound pint of warm carlsberg for the walk back. They should staff it and see how they get on.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1404 on: October 18, 2021, 08:37:56 am »

Which I always found odd. The odd person is going to want a four pound pint of warm carlsberg for the walk back. They should staff it and see how they get on.
t

You're allowed to drink at all sports in Oz but virtually all bars in the stadium close about 10 mins before the end of a match. They want everyone out of the stadium as soon as possible for staffing/security reasons and they don't want people to take travellers when they leave.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #1405 on: October 18, 2021, 10:19:03 am »

Works well at Brighton, I think they do it to help with congestion on the trains after, they leave all the TVs on and the bars open for a fair while afterwards and it's always busy.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Oh Campione

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1406 on: October 18, 2021, 12:32:33 pm »
Works well at Brighton, I think they do it to help with congestion on the trains after, they leave all the TVs on and the bars open for a fair while afterwards and it's always busy.

Found the selection helps at Brighton as well - I'd stay for a better pint than a can of Carlsberg poured into a plastic pint glass like the Kop is at the moment

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1407 on: October 18, 2021, 12:35:15 pm »
Think half the problem, certain with 3/4 of the stands anyway, is the concourses are so small that it prob wouldn’t be all that safe having some people trying to buy drinks / standing around whilst the majority try to get to an exit.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1408 on: October 18, 2021, 05:12:16 pm »
SHOW ME THE GIRDER

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #1409 on: October 18, 2021, 06:50:48 pm »
New drone footage..  https://youtu.be/VYlpSQjfkvc

During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Offline kopdude81

• Main Stander
« Reply #1410 on: October 18, 2021, 07:57:31 pm »
That drone footage and the others last week really show how quickly this is progressing. The entire stretch of Anfield Road that runs along the outside of the stand has been dug up and new foundation structures are now in place. No home games for almost a month have obviously allowed the contractor the time and space to do this. It'll be interesting to see how they reinstate the road ahead of the next home game on the 30th.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 07:59:46 pm by kopdude81 »
"This is to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1411 on: October 18, 2021, 08:40:26 pm »

Especially as the corporates go back to the lounges and can get a drink. I went as a guest of a mate and stayed till 11pm after a midweek Chelsea game.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1412 on: October 18, 2021, 09:32:30 pm »
They have definitely trialled keeping bars open in the main stand in previous seasons, as well as the kop bar which was great after weekend matches (or after the Barca match) but that's currently being used as a vaccination hub.

Also the local public transport arrangements are terrible, especially evening kick offs so you're lucky if it's a bus an hour.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline kopdude81

• Main Stander
« Reply #1413 on: October 20, 2021, 07:28:47 pm »
Getting back on topic to the ARE construction, I must say the overall coverage of the construction and build has been shite from LFC. Contrast that with Evertons excellent coverage of the BMD build. They have some very interesting videos up on social media regarding particular aspects of the build. If it wasn't for the few individuals doing drone footage we wouldn't have a clue what's going on. LFC just couldn't be arsed it seems.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 07:32:12 pm by kopdude81 »
"This is to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #1414 on: October 20, 2021, 09:29:39 pm »
Getting back on topic to the ARE construction, I must say the overall coverage of the construction and build has been shite from LFC. Contrast that with Evertons excellent coverage of the BMD build. They have some very interesting videos up on social media regarding particular aspects of the build. If it wasn't for the few individuals doing drone footage we wouldn't have a clue what's going on. LFC just couldn't be arsed it seems.
that's just because Everton are shite and have nothing else to entertain themselves
YNWA

Offline kopdude81

• Main Stander
« Reply #1415 on: October 20, 2021, 10:40:11 pm »
that's just because Everton are shite and have nothing else to entertain themselves

Thats sort of both, wrong and spot on!

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1416 on: October 20, 2021, 11:53:14 pm »
They have definitely trialled keeping bars open in the main stand in previous seasons, as well as the kop bar which was great after weekend matches (or after the Barca match) but that's currently being used as a vaccination hub.

Also the local public transport arrangements are terrible, especially evening kick offs so you're lucky if it's a bus an hour.

Used to talk here about how little Anfield earned per seat compared to some other clubs. The Main Stand hospitality areas have gone a long way to fixing that but 'keeping' people in the ground after the match increases income for the same capacity and eases traffic after the game (but buses are definitely the way to go rather than hugely expensive bits of railway and the like).

That said, I'm not sure how popular afters in the ground are. I suspect the facilities and the beer is not good enough snd the prices not sufficiently attractive. Also too many wanting to get to the local and out of their cars or out in town.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 11:56:22 pm by Peter McGurk »

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #1417 on: October 21, 2021, 12:30:35 am »
That's because BMD is all Everton have. They also dress the diggers onsite up in Everton crests and blue paint. Liverpool don't give a shit about the ridiculous posturing, they just get things done. The Bitters have nothing to get excited about when it comes to actual football, and needed to get an LFC legend in as manager in order to sort them out. All their eyes will be on BMD and the club will milk that for all it's worth because it deflects from the abject state they've been in since the 1980s.

Everton make pretty pictures and videos and talk a lot. Liverpool just get on with building stands, teams with winning mentalities and winning trophies.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 12:33:59 am by Son of Spion* »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1418 on: October 21, 2021, 12:02:04 pm »
Plus Everton are* building** a new stadium***. So that’s quite a thing with anything happening regards draining the dock etc.

What are you wanting from Liverpool at the moment, “hey, we’ve put down some pipes”. And when the main stand was being done there was a whole thing about adding the truss

*not really
**pending funds
***filling in a hole

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1419 on: October 21, 2021, 12:04:11 pm »
Think some of you have missed his sarcasm!

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1420 on: October 22, 2021, 09:33:03 am »
It’s roughly half the distance (0.7 compared to approx 1.4 miles).

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1421 on: October 22, 2021, 12:22:10 pm »
I don't know much about the rail link concepts.  I seem to recall, either during the proposed Stanley Park move or shortly after FSG taking over, that serious expansion beyond 60k would require the club to put in a rail link.  Think the council were adamant on it.

I distinctly remember this being the case for H&G's "futuristic" monstrosity. If I remember correctly, the initial plans were for a stadium capacity of around 60k but the stadium would be sufficiently large enough for around 71k.  If you look at the first pics of the proposed design, one end of the stadium had a massive TV screen because most of that end wouldn't be occupied by spectators. The 71k capacity would only be permitted if transport links were improved and that included a rail line.

Edit: initial design
« Last Edit: October 22, 2021, 12:23:54 pm by Mark Walters »
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1422 on: October 23, 2021, 09:01:41 am »

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1423 on: October 24, 2021, 01:12:57 pm »
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #1424 on: October 28, 2021, 01:21:53 am »
Think some of you have missed his sarcasm!
He was being straight up.

He's on SSC saying the same thing and referring to this thread on here. No probs with that, of course. I know lots of people eagerly await photo updates on the build and also wish LFC would do a webcam so fans can follow the progress.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #1425 on: October 28, 2021, 08:34:00 am »
The rail link discussion has its own thread now. Please keep this to constuction of the new stand extension.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1426 on: October 28, 2021, 08:37:44 am »
He was being straight up.

He's on SSC saying the same thing and referring to this thread on here. No probs with that, of course. I know lots of people eagerly await photo updates on the build and also wish LFC would do a webcam so fans can follow the progress.

I’m more than happy with the less is more approach. I get nothing out of seeing barely noticeable incremental changes. I want monthly money shots baby. Random ITK’s on Twitter with insider exclusives. The drama! These webcam people don’t even know they’re born. There’s like 4 pictures of the Kop being built.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1427 on: October 28, 2021, 09:22:50 am »
I’m more than happy with the less is more approach. I get nothing out of seeing barely noticeable incremental changes. I want monthly money shots baby. Random ITK’s on Twitter with insider exclusives. The drama! These webcam people don’t even know they’re born. There’s like 4 pictures of the Kop being built.
I like to see high level progress but am not expert enough to interpret the finer detail. I just can't believe club coverage of a build has even become a thing to discuss.

For me its another of those things filed under "someone else is worrying about that, so I don't have to"

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #1428 on: October 28, 2021, 11:13:54 am »
I like to see high level progress but am not expert enough to interpret the finer detail. I just can't believe club coverage of a build has even become a thing to discuss.

For me its another of those things filed under "someone else is worrying about that, so I don't have to"

I'm interested in seeing the thing go up but there is fuck all to see at the moment. They're forming the ground beams for the cores and the column bases for the upper levels, the new seating and roof supports, but there's an awful lot of rebar to be put in place before they actually start pouring the ground slab.

I saw the comments about the amazing job Everton are doing with their coverage of Bramley Moore Dock... Err... some pictures of the dock, a piling drill and a few branded diggers.

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1429 on: October 28, 2021, 11:55:07 am »
I'm interested in seeing the thing go up but there is fuck all to see at the moment. They're forming the ground beams for the cores and the column bases for the upper levels, the new seating and roof supports, but there's an awful lot of rebar to be put in place before they actually start pouring the ground slab.

I saw the comments about the amazing job Everton are doing with their coverage of Bramley Moore Dock... Err... some pictures of the dock, a piling drill and a few branded diggers.
;D
I know, when some people comment on the coverage, they never bother to think of why. Liverpool have delivered the Main Stand on time and on budget, the same with Kirkby. They've built a track record of delivery on big projects. Nothing to prove, no need to make a fuss.

Everton on the other hand have fucked up a few new stadium moves prior to announcing BMD, they've then prevaricated for 5 years and still haven't got confirmed funding. Given that even their own fans expect a stadium update after a shit result, what they are doing is a completely obvious move. As we know, they'll spin absolutely anything.

It's all about placating the natives by convincing them there is progress.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1430 on: October 28, 2021, 10:13:31 pm »

To be fair though Al it must be hard for Everton to show hard evidence of a mirage.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline kopdude81

• Main Stander
« Reply #1431 on: October 29, 2021, 12:08:33 am »

I just think Everton have done a good job with putting up updates on the phase of development thats going on at BMD. There clearly is work going on there. The interview regarding the dredging and the engineering re the dock itself was quite interesting I thought. If ye want to take the piss out of me for saying that then off with ye. LFC have posted a total of 4 photos since the spade in the ground event by Jurgen which is poor coverage I think. Especially when third parties are doing lots of drone coverage to show the construction advancing every 2/3 weeks. Would it be so hard for the club to buy a f**kin drone and do that? Their coverage of the Melwood development was also rubbish. I also work in the industry so have an interest from that perspective too.

I did enjoy the comment that the only reason Everton are doing so much coverage of BMD is that they have f*ck all to show re the on field stuff so this is a nice distraction for them!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 12:27:09 am by kopdude81 »

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1432 on: October 29, 2021, 12:11:31 am »
Yeah you found details about the dock being dredged, etc interesting because it’s unique.

How interesting would you have found a fence being erected, a hole being dug and some rebar put in there?

Offline kopdude81

• Main Stander
« Reply #1433 on: October 29, 2021, 12:13:07 am »

Fair enough. You dont worry about it so!

Offline kopdude81

• Main Stander
« Reply #1434 on: October 29, 2021, 12:15:44 am »
Yeah you found details about the dock being dredged, etc interesting because it’s unique.

How interesting would you have found a fence being erected, a hole being dug and some rebar put in there?

There's bit more to it than that! :D Like I said they could do some simple drone footage of it. Maybe talk to one of the senior contractors on site and give an update etc. Not sure why I'm getting such a hostile reaction from people on here about this.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 12:21:39 am by kopdude81 »

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1435 on: October 29, 2021, 12:21:13 am »
Because it’s a tad weird to be critical of a lack of updates for what is prob the most boring part of this - all the site prep, etc.

Offline kopdude81

• Main Stander
« Reply #1436 on: October 29, 2021, 12:23:53 am »
Because it’s a tad weird to be critical of a lack of updates for what is prob the most boring part of this - all the site prep, etc.

Weird? How so? I dont think it's boring. You may do. There's lots going on. I could say you're weird for not thinking the way I do. Its something I'm interested in and clearly you're not so no hassle.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 10:11:28 am by kopdude81 »

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1437 on: October 29, 2021, 12:32:11 am »
There's bit more to it than that! :D Like I said they could do some simple drone footage of it. Maybe talk to one of the senior contractors on site and give an update etc. Not sure why I'm getting such a hostile reaction from people on here about this.

Everton started the Bramley Moore Dock in 2018. Three years later they haven't even filled the dock in. Their only drone footage is a dock full of water. If you find that exciting then maybe you should fill your bath with water and take pictures of it for the next three years.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline kopdude81

• Main Stander
« Reply #1438 on: October 29, 2021, 12:52:33 am »
Everton started the Bramley Moore Dock in 2018. Three years later they haven't even filled the dock in. Their only drone footage is a dock full of water. If you find that exciting then maybe you should fill your bath with water and take pictures of it for the next three years.

They've only started filling it in now sure. :D Clearly you didn't see that video. Whether BMD is ever completed or takes 5/10 years I couldn't care less but at least there is a bit of coverage of it. No need to throw out insults.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 10:54:57 am by kopdude81 »

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1439 on: October 29, 2021, 09:26:03 am »
The reason the club hasn't bought a drone and interviewed a contractor is evidenced in the responses to your posts. About one in a million people is interested, mate.