Author Topic: International Watch  (Read 285851 times)

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
Re: International Watch
« Reply #1800 on: November 15, 2021, 10:12:30 pm »
It’s hardly a nightmare and guess what, players get injured. It’s why we have a squad.

The alternative is not to sign international footballers.
Or stop having the top footballers play 60 odd games a season without a proper break in the summer.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 10:17:13 pm by Agent99 »

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1801 on: November 15, 2021, 10:15:22 pm »
Good god no, we’re on Virgil and Mo watch tomorrow

and the Netherlands really need a result so they won't be resting anyone.

and on Thursday Ali and Fab are playing.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 10:18:24 pm by SamLad »

Online BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #1802 on: November 15, 2021, 11:11:12 pm »
and on Thursday Ali and Fab are playing.

No, they also play tomorrow night.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #1803 on: November 15, 2021, 11:13:01 pm »
It’s hardly a nightmare and guess what, players get injured. It’s why we have a squad.

The alternative is not to sign international footballers.

Does not work, if they play for Klopp they will become internationals
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1804 on: November 15, 2021, 11:15:34 pm »
Footballers don't really get paid for internationals (England players get a couple of thousand which is just loose change for them so they give it to charity). Clubs like us pay their wages and are their employers but get no say in their 'second jobs'

It needs sorting, especially the number of pointless games they are asked to travel to and play. Clubs should stand up to FIFA and UEFA together.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1805 on: November 16, 2021, 12:21:20 am »
No, they also play tomorrow night.

You're right it's tomorrow.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1806 on: November 16, 2021, 01:17:49 am »
Mane
Henderson
Robertson

aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #1807 on: November 16, 2021, 02:32:20 pm »
Mo started on the bench, came on in the 59th minute.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1808 on: November 16, 2021, 02:43:35 pm »
Hamstring apparently - why did he need to play tonight?

Because we needed to win to get a seeded playoff spot and he is our best player.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1809 on: November 16, 2021, 07:11:11 pm »
Origi playing for Belgium tonight.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1810 on: November 16, 2021, 07:54:57 pm »
Origi playing for Belgium tonight.

just mentioned that in the match thread - I had no idea he was even in the squad.

With all our injury issues, everyone better be sending good vibes to Divock and Neco Williams tonight in this one  ;D 

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1811 on: November 16, 2021, 09:01:40 pm »
Big Div limping off on the 59 minute mark for Belgium  :-\

Hopefully just a precaution, he took a knock, and carried on for a minute, before sitting back down on the pitch, and getting subbed.

Online Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1812 on: November 16, 2021, 09:05:27 pm »

Hopefully just a precaution, he took a knock, and carried on for a minute, before sitting back down on the pitch, and getting subbed.

:lmao :lmao For christ sake
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #1813 on: November 16, 2021, 09:36:02 pm »
Sounds like Neco Williams is having a barnstormer.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1814 on: November 16, 2021, 09:41:52 pm »

man of the match.

He had a superb game, never stopped for 90 mins (well about 98 mins!).

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1815 on: November 16, 2021, 09:44:19 pm »
I am so made up for Neco, there’s a good little footballer in there, as he showed tonight.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #1816 on: November 16, 2021, 09:47:23 pm »
I am so made up for Neco, there’s a good little footballer in there, as he showed tonight.

He made a high profile error after coming on as sub for Wales in the Euros. It capped a season in which he appeared to have gone backwards. I was one of those who thought it was probably all over for him at Liverpool.

But then pre-season comes and he looks superb. Stronger, wiser, even a little bit arrogant. And now it's showing in real games.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Red Ol

• 82 years in this crazy world and still plays with Lego
  • Legacy Fan
  • Children of the night. What music they make.
« Reply #1817 on: November 16, 2021, 09:47:57 pm »

He played really well. Welsh fans seem to have really taken to him too which will do wonders for his confidence.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1818 on: November 16, 2021, 09:59:51 pm »
He made a high profile error after coming on as sub for Wales in the Euros. It capped a season in which he appeared to have gone backwards. I was one of those who thought it was probably all over for him at Liverpool.

But then pre-season comes and he looks superb. Stronger, wiser, even a little bit arrogant. And now it's showing in real games.

Young players will always make mistakes though. As Klopp said it's not making mistakes that define you rather than how you come back from them. He seems to have really put his head down and worked hard on his all round game. I would love to see him get more games, his real asset is how much energy he has he seemed to be everywhere tonight.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #1819 on: November 16, 2021, 11:02:29 pm »
Alisson and Fabinho starting for Brazil, please stay fit!!

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1820 on: November 16, 2021, 11:15:50 pm »

is this a windup?

I can find nothing about that, no report anywhere.  BBC site shows he played 90 mins, the official site doesn't mention an injury, guardian report no mention of him at all .... ?

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/five-reds-world-cup-qualifying-action

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1821 on: November 16, 2021, 11:19:29 pm »
is this a windup?

I can find nothing about that, no report anywhere.  BBC site shows he played 90 mins, the official site doesn't mention an injury, guardian report no mention of him at all .... ?

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/five-reds-world-cup-qualifying-action

I can safely say I wouldn’t wind anyone up about injuries, come on now!

No idea what the BBC is doing, but he was subbed off just before the hour mark, after taking a knock.

Hopefully it isn’t anything much.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1822 on: November 16, 2021, 11:24:46 pm »
I can safely say I wouldn’t wind anyone up about injuries, come on now!

No idea what the BBC is doing, but he was subbed off just before the hour mark, after taking a knock.

Hopefully it isn’t anything much.

totally bizarre - I can find zero mention of it anywhere online.

maybe journos are as sick of writing about our injuries as we are reading about them.

hopefully his team are managing him carefully and didn't want to push their/his luck.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1823 on: November 16, 2021, 11:41:35 pm »
totally bizarre - I can find zero mention of it anywhere online.

maybe journos are as sick of writing about our injuries as we are reading about them.

hopefully his team are managing him carefully and didn't want to push their/his luck.

This was posted almost 3 hours ago: https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1522470/Liverpool-injury-Jurgen-Klopp-Arsenal-premier-league-news

Plus all the people watching the game immediately reacting to it. :D

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1824 on: November 16, 2021, 11:44:36 pm »
oh fukk, I read "Virgil" where it said "Div".

and no, I'm not paranoid.

at all.  honest.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1825 on: November 17, 2021, 01:01:12 am »
Mane
Henderson
Robertson
Origi

Seriously, the need to just fuck off with this stuff now.

Someone needs to use litigation to ensure national teams are liable for the costs they incur to the employers of those for which they have temporary responsibility.

And I understand Williams got a head injury but was luckily fine (I am assuming)

Alisson and Fabinho likely starters v Argentina shortly

Nobody really wants this shit except Chelsea fans and people who also support teams like Chesterfield who have nothing else to get excited about. England played 10 games and most of it was just a complete waste of time.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 01:13:13 am by Black Bull Nova »
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1826 on: November 17, 2021, 01:31:18 am »
both Brazilians played the whole game. Fabinho got his yellow card  8)  ;D
On the plane home with the other Brazilians on Instagram - on the red wine  :hally  ;D
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 06:09:47 am by kavah »

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1827 on: November 17, 2021, 08:19:08 am »

His confidence went last season. He's bounced back well and that performance should do him the world of good. He'll no doubt start in the CL next week.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1828 on: November 17, 2021, 11:36:38 am »
both Brazilians played the whole game. Fabinho got his yellow card  8)  ;D

Does this mean he misses a game for them now?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #1829 on: November 17, 2021, 12:30:30 pm »
Belgium manager Roberto Martinez says Divock Origi's injury was just a dead leg and he should be fit to play for Liverpool this weekend.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 06:32:38 am by rocco »

Offline kavah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1830 on: November 18, 2021, 12:34:16 am »
Does this mean he misses a game for them now?

Yes I believe so as it's his 2nd yellow in the qualifiers. That gets him out of the arduous game in Quito Ecuador (The altitude there must be a a killer environment to play in), there is a 2nd game in Brazil so he'll travel. The good thing about the next international break (End of January) is that it coincides with the winter-break weekend. It seems he had a good game according to the Echo

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1831 on: November 18, 2021, 09:31:38 am »
Yes I believe so as it's his 2nd yellow in the qualifiers. That gets him out of the arduous game in Quito Ecuador (The altitude there must be a a killer environment to play in), there is a 2nd game in Brazil so he'll travel. The good thing about the next international break (End of January) is that it coincides with the winter-break weekend. It seems he had a good game according to the Echo

His stats were excellent in terms of ball recovery and interceptions etc, he was the best player on the pitch. The game will hopefully do him good ahead of the weekend.

I hope that Brazil-Argentina game doesn't get rearranged though. Given they've both qualified it's a waste of time playing it after Brazil got it called off. No way should it be squeezed into the March break for example so that he misses our next game.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1832 on: November 18, 2021, 10:16:28 am »

:thumbup

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #1833 on: November 26, 2021, 09:23:37 am »
I really hate to say it, but I think that with this new covid variant in southern Africa, there'll be no alternative but to cancel January's AFCON.   it's just too much of a risk.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1834 on: November 26, 2021, 10:19:26 am »
I really hate to say it, but I think that with this new covid variant in southern Africa, there'll be no alternative but to cancel January's AFCON.   it's just too much of a risk.

Was thinking the same thing. We know how this works. Action is only taken after it has spread so it will already be present in most African countries but won’t be known for two or three weeks. Vaccine roll out in many African countries is still poor so this will spread like wildfire.

It will also come here despite the measures being taken. Let’s just hope the vaccine offers some protection against it.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1835 on: November 26, 2021, 10:36:16 am »
Was thinking the same thing. We know how this works. Action is only taken after it has spread so it will already be present in most African countries but won’t be known for two or three weeks. Vaccine roll out in many African countries is still poor so this will spread like wildfire.

It will also come here despite the measures being taken. Let’s just hope the vaccine offers some protection against it.

Covid has never really taken hold in Africa outside of South Africa and one or two north African countries, relatively speaking.

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #1836 on: November 26, 2021, 10:44:16 am »
Don't get my hopes up
YNWA

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1837 on: November 26, 2021, 11:28:35 am »
Covid has never really taken hold in Africa outside of South Africa and one or two north African countries, relatively speaking.

How much of that is an absence of testing and reporting though. If Cameroon is red listed, the players aren’t going anywhere.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1838 on: November 26, 2021, 12:36:29 pm »
How much of that is an absence of testing and reporting though. If Cameroon is red listed, the players aren’t going anywhere.

To some extent but just look at the overall death figures. Around 1700 have officially died in Cameroon of Covid through the whole pandemic, we've had figures like that here in one day. That's not to say it won't change but we're almost two years in.

It's had nowhere near the effect in Africa that it has in Europe and America. South Africa being a notable exception.

Offline kavah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1839 on: November 28, 2021, 05:54:46 am »
AFCON news (from the Echo)

Liverpool are still in talks aimed at ensuring the late release of their players for the Africa Cup of Nations... top-flight clubs who want to delay the release of their players, which would allow them to stay for an extra week and play in the games at Leicester City and Chelsea

Salah, Mane and Keita will definitely miss Liverpool’s FA Cup third round tie and the Premier League home game against Brentford. They will also sit out both legs of the League Cup semi-final should Liverpool defeat Leicester in their Anfield quarter-final before Christmas.
Should their respective countries progress in the Africa Cup of Nations, they'd miss the Premier League trip to Crystal Palace and a possible FA Cup fourth round match.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/klopp-liverpool-players-leaving-africa-22296203

? Leicester (A) Dec 28th ?
? Chelsea (A) Jan 2nd ? 
Brentford (H) Jan 15th
Palace (A) Jan 23rd

Tough games without Mo and Sadio and Naby