Author Topic: What games are you playing at the moment?  (Read 210284 times)

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: What games are you playing at the moment?
« Reply #2840 on: December 4, 2022, 01:27:56 pm »
Anyone playing The Callisto Project yet?

Looks very similar to Dead Space and has many of the same production team apparently.

I loved the DS series of games so might give this a whirl.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2841 on: December 6, 2022, 08:38:34 am »
Picked up the Division 2 during the Black Friday sales for £8. Loved the 1st one and this is just as good so far. Doing it all solo so it'll become more of a challenge later on but these are great for just an hour or so

Still working through Mafia DE as well, what a game! Can't believe I missed it 1st time round but so glad I'm getting to play it now, especially with all of these graphical improvements

Couple from Game Pass as well I've got too:

Pentiment, great little game. Not anything I would have ever considered playing but with GP and it getting excellent reviews I gave it a go and it's so good
Soccer Story - Pokemon style game based around football. Only about an hour in but it's quite light and fun
Vampire Survivors - what a game. 2D retro style. Wouldn't even know what to compare it to as it's not something I've played before but my God it's like crack. Basically you vs. a horde of vampires and monsters. Kill more to upgrade your weapons and just try and survive as long as possible. Can't get enough of it and find myself itching to get back on for another round or two

I've been bought the GameSir X2 Pro for Christmas from the wife (similar to the Razr Kishi and the Backbone) for cloud gaming. Has anyone got one or one of the others? Are they any good? Reviews are great for the GameSir and the Kishi and the Backbone but would love to know if anyone has one and what they think of it

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2842 on: December 6, 2022, 09:01:51 am »
At this stage it looks like I might just play PES 2021 forever. Basically all I have played for the last two months. The fact that midfield is THE most important line in your team, one that facilitates both defence and attack makes it vastly superior to FIFA. Add the relevance of tactics, player playing styles and it is as close to real football as any game I’ve ever played. Why oh why did you fuck this up Konami? Mad bastards.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2843 on: December 6, 2022, 03:04:50 pm »
Still working through Mafia DE as well, what a game! Can't believe I missed it 1st time round but so glad I'm getting to play it now, especially with all of these graphical improvements

Agreed on this. I really enjoyed it and I'm finishing up the DLC on Mafia 2 which is decent enough but Mafia DE is superior.

They are making Mafia 4 and it will be a prequel to the first one which is a good sign.

Online emergency exit

• Anny Roader
    • X-Realms
« Reply #2844 on: December 12, 2022, 07:43:03 am »
Hollow Knight, more specifically: The White Palace

Bloody hell!  ;D

Offline ScottScott

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2845 on: December 12, 2022, 09:22:20 am »
Vampire Survivors is my GOTY. Never been addicted to a game like this before, it's just phenomenal. Like crack, I just keep wanting to go back and do another few runs with it

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #2846 on: December 12, 2022, 12:16:55 pm »
Just finished Astronite on the Switch and GOTG on PS5. Both great games!

Got Ghostwire Tokyo next up.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #2847 on: December 12, 2022, 12:37:02 pm »
I'm in a very weird mood at the moment in terms of gaming, which could be because I have been playing to much in the weeks and months before. I got myself some new games (mainly older strategy stuff on sale, except for the Steam-version of Dwarf Fortress) and I enjoy watching tutorials or guides about those games on youtube. They also get me excited (often so excited that it made me buy the game in the first place). However, I just can't really get into a mood for actually playing them. Might need a break. Thankfully, Christmas time is coming up and there'll hopefully be loads of time to play some of the games I've got waiting on my harddrive... ;)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2022, 12:40:42 pm by stoa »

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2848 on: December 12, 2022, 12:38:56 pm »
TLOU Part 1 Remake or whatever it is. Graphics are boss like.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #2849 on: December 12, 2022, 07:52:07 pm »
The follow up, Sports Story, is out next month. More of the same from what I’ve seen, just bigger and more sports.

Horrible tease this having a release date of "December 2022". Keep checking every day and no joy :lmao

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2850 on: December 13, 2022, 11:20:31 am »
Fired up Valheim again, excited for the Mistlands update.

Been a while, but dangit - that game is good! One of the most positive experiences I've ever had when playing it the first time.
@Yvanicuzz

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2851 on: December 13, 2022, 03:22:22 pm »
TLOU Part 1 Remake or whatever it is. Graphics are boss like.
Brilliant game, hope you enjoy it mate! I will play it again at some point

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2852 on: December 13, 2022, 03:30:47 pm »
Brilliant game, hope you enjoy it mate! I will play it again at some point

Oh yeah I love it mate already played the original along with Part II.

Deffo worth a run through on this new remake.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2853 on: December 14, 2022, 01:47:28 pm »
'Golf Story' on Switch is class. Got it for a fiver on sale. The mechanics are great, the Story is full of good humour and you get hours worth out of it. Not finished yet just unlocked the third course and it's difficult!

Nearly finished this now. I'm on the last course 'Blue Dunes' and have to play 9 holes and come top of the leaderboard. Had 5 attempts so far and best I mustered was +4! The last hole is really hard as the green slopes all over the place. I'm level 32 so should have enough ability, just need to keep having a go.

Only thing that annoys me is there's no 'restart trial/task' option. Sometimes you have to play right through a challenge even though you know you're aren't going to beat it.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Online emergency exit

• Anny Roader
    • X-Realms
« Reply #2854 on: December 19, 2022, 06:51:03 pm »
Ahhhhh, this victory felt really really good.

Finally managed to complete the “true” ending of Hollow Knight. That final boss (after the original final boss) took me about 30 tries…

A lovely, challenging game from start to finish! Can’t wait for the sequel, Silksong, to come out.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #2855 on: December 19, 2022, 07:13:52 pm »
Ahhhhh, this victory felt really really good.

Finally managed to complete the “true” ending of Hollow Knight. That final boss (after the original final boss) took me about 30 tries…

A lovely, challenging game from start to finish! Can’t wait for the sequel, Silksong, to come out.

Congrats mate. One my my favourite games of the last few years. Silksong is up there with Sports Story and the new Zelda game as titles I'm hugely anticipating on Switch.

Just finished Ghostwire Tokyo on the PS5 and bought a game called "Rustler" as it's only a fiver in the eShop sale. It's like a medieval version of GTA. Mixed reviews but seems a bit of fun.

Online emergency exit

• Anny Roader
    • X-Realms
« Reply #2856 on: December 19, 2022, 08:07:01 pm »
Congrats mate. One my my favourite games of the last few years. Silksong is up there with Sports Story and the new Zelda game as titles I'm hugely anticipating on Switch.

Thanks, mate! I ended up finishing the game on a completion rate of 104% (the highest you can reach is 112%, I believe) so I'm well chuffed with that.

Just like you, I'm also greatly anticipating Tears of the Kingdom along with Silksong, and that Hades II trailer definitely got my blood pumping! (I put even more hours into Hades than into BotW).

As someone who grew up with the NES and SNES, I never in a million years expected to get so much milage out of my Switch. At times I felt right back in my youth.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #2857 on: December 19, 2022, 08:57:18 pm »
Thanks, mate! I ended up finishing the game on a completion rate of 104% (the highest you can reach is 112%, I believe) so I'm well chuffed with that.

Just like you, I'm also greatly anticipating Tears of the Kingdom along with Silksong, and that Hades II trailer definitely got my blood pumping! (I put even more hours into Hades than into BotW).

As someone who grew up with the NES and SNES, I never in a million years expected to get so much milage out of my Switch. At times I felt right back in my youth.

Yeah I can't remember where I got to but remember it being more than 100% which was confusing ;D

I really need to have another crack at Hades. Spent a load of time on it then ended up playing something else and have never gone back.

Online emergency exit

• Anny Roader
    • X-Realms
« Reply #2858 on: December 19, 2022, 09:43:01 pm »
I think you reach the additional percentages through the various DLCs.

As for Hades, there's a longish post of mine somewhere further back in this thread where I wax lyrical about it :-D I think it might just be my favourite game of all time.

I does take its time to really pull you in though. It took me over 30 tries to until I achieved my first successful escape, but the lore and the plot properly kicks in to gear only after your 10th successful escape.

But I found it utterly facinating how a game that makes you play through the same levels and enemies over and over again has so much forward momentum. Once you have all the weapons and aspects unlocked, and you can fully focus on your builds, it becomes completely engrossing. I have 170 hours on Hades and I only really stopped after I had completed every quest and succeeded with every possible build.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2022, 09:44:39 pm by emergency exit »

Online Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #2859 on: December 20, 2022, 03:48:01 pm »
After a year of patches, finally gotten around to playing Battlefield 2042. Still a little buggy, but overall a very enjoyable experience. It reminds me of old Battlefields now.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2860 on: December 20, 2022, 11:13:12 pm »
After a year of patches, finally gotten around to playing Battlefield 2042. Still a little buggy, but overall a very enjoyable experience. It reminds me of old Battlefields now.
It still ain't great though, it's available with Gamepass and I still shy away from playing it, Battlefield 1 is still far superior.

Online Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2861 on: December 20, 2022, 11:37:09 pm »
It still ain't great though, it's available with Gamepass and I still shy away from playing it, Battlefield 1 is still far superior.
I prefer BF4 and BF1, but the gameplay and feel is similar to those. The maps still need improvement though.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2862 on: December 21, 2022, 12:33:06 am »
The maps are almost universally agreed by the Battlefield community to be the worst they've ever made, the only thing I play it for is Portal, if you can find a custom Rush or Conquest server on a BF3 or Bad Company 2 map with 1000% tickets you'll have an hour of great fun.

Online Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2863 on: December 21, 2022, 02:12:23 am »
The maps are almost universally agreed by the Battlefield community to be the worst they've ever made, the only thing I play it for is Portal, if you can find a custom Rush or Conquest server on a BF3 or Bad Company 2 map with 1000% tickets you'll have an hour of great fun.
Yeah, they’re not great and there’s only 8-10 maps. A few of them are decent, but most of them are too open. I skipped BF3 for some reason, so I’ll have to find an active server and try it out.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2864 on: December 23, 2022, 04:16:01 pm »
Anybody play Immortality?

Wish it was a little more intuitive. Somehow hit the credits and triggered the end sequence about 5 hours in but still didn't have much clue as to what was going on.

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #2865 on: December 23, 2022, 04:24:31 pm »
I played cyberpunk again after watching edgerunners. it's still a good game on something capable of playing it properly and it looks fantastic as well.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2866 on: December 24, 2022, 09:40:09 am »
Sports Story out now - 12 quid.

Online emergency exit

• Anny Roader
    • X-Realms
« Reply #2867 on: December 25, 2022, 01:47:20 pm »
Sports Story out now - 12 quid.

Thanks for the heads up! Apparently it’s still full of bugs (with a first patch incoming), but I might give it a try tonight.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2868 on: December 25, 2022, 04:59:03 pm »
Thanks for the heads up! Apparently it’s still full of bugs (with a first patch incoming), but I might give it a try tonight.

I've played around an hour and a half and it's very laggy. Still fun but feels a lot less smooth than Golf Story so far and a bit more walking around doing lots rather than playing actual sports so far...Still good and got hopes for it but may wait until the patch to continue.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #2869 on: December 26, 2022, 09:38:37 am »
I've played around an hour and a half and it's very laggy. Still fun but feels a lot less smooth than Golf Story so far and a bit more walking around doing lots rather than playing actual sports so far...Still good and got hopes for it but may wait until the patch to continue.

It's very buggy. Whole tasks and storylines are blocked off. I'd wait a while for the patch.

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #2870 on: December 30, 2022, 01:52:50 am »
Just finished Somerville.

Visually, a lovely looking game. Took about 6 hours so no real hardship. I would definitely recommend it.

Controlling the main character around some of the scenery can be a bit of a pain and it can be quite clunky. I had read that before playing so I was expecting it. Not enough to put me off though.

Again, I thought the visuals were amazing.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline ScottScott

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2871 on: December 30, 2022, 09:42:15 am »

Visually, a lovely looking game. Took about 6 hours so no real hardship. I would definitely recommend it.

Controlling the main character around some of the scenery can be a bit of a pain and it can be quite clunky. I had read that before playing so I was expecting it. Not enough to put me off though.

I'm about an hour in and I completely agree. Aiming to finish this either tonight or tomorrow. Great game though, definitely would recommend

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #2872 on: December 30, 2022, 10:04:45 am »
Playing Fable Anniversary. It’s been sitting there some years and I’ve some time off so thought let’s get through the back catalogue.

Fable was, at the time of its release in the early 00s, my first proper introduction to action RPGs, as I would play Morrowind later and the JRPGs I’d played felt like a completely different genre to me. At the time it captivated me, I thought the world beguiling, layered and with the fairytale charm with an underbelly of the sinister.

Going back to it after all these years, I’ve a few thoughts:

- The art style is a touch goofy albeit due to graphical limitations of the time and the touch ups in Anniversary make some characters look worse.

- The story is pretty fun.

- It’s very content-light, even by RPG standards of the day.

- Combat is ropey. It’s almost like a prehistoric ancestor of what The Witcher’s combat would become.

- I still love the feel of the world and find it unique in gaming that I know of, there’s so much potential and I hope Playground Games do the sequel justice, whenever it finally drops.

- Going to guns and the Industrial Revolution in the sequels was a terrible idea. It killed some of the charm and the pre-industrial shire-like rural England is a much better setting than late 19th century for the series.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Tombellylfc

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #2873 on: December 30, 2022, 10:25:27 am »
Just got to the end of the main story in God of War Ragnarok. What a game, Incredible. Won't say much as plenty won't have finished it yet but it is so well written and had me gripped the whole way through. My game of the year. I'll probably end up putting a good few hours more into it mopping up side content and a few bits I missed.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2874 on: December 30, 2022, 03:55:11 pm »

Hadn't heard of this but I see it's a studio led by someone who was with the studio behind Limbo and Inside. I'd like to try this, hopefully it comes to playstation at some point down the line.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #2875 on: December 31, 2022, 06:32:25 pm »
Bought Stray today on the strength of a few people mentioning it in Best of 22 thread.
I’m about 45 minutes in and I must say I’ve never been so bored playing a game  ;D
Hope it gets better

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2876 on: December 31, 2022, 06:52:46 pm »
Bought Stray today on the strength of a few people mentioning it in Best of 22 thread.
I’m about 45 minutes in and I must say I’ve never been so bored playing a game  ;D
Hope it gets better
it'll develop a bit, I'd guess based on where I reckon you are. But not by much. You should know in less than an hour if you can be bothered any more!

I've just started Vice City since its free on PS extra for next six weeks or so. Not sure I can be arsed with it though

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2877 on: December 31, 2022, 07:00:08 pm »
it'll develop a bit, I'd guess based on where I reckon you are. But not by much. You should know in less than an hour if you can be bothered any more!

I've just started Vice City since its free on PS extra for next six weeks or so. Not sure I can be arsed with it though

Vice City wasn't how I remembered it! Sure it's not a great port and I didn't like the graphical "enchancements" but the missions are so primitive in their designs that it just feels so dated.

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #2878 on: December 31, 2022, 08:27:49 pm »
I tried playing vice city and couldn't deal with it. San Andreas was just about playable though

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2879 on: December 31, 2022, 09:35:22 pm »
Vice City wasn't how I remembered it! Sure it's not a great port and I didn't like the graphical "enchancements" but the missions are so primitive in their designs that it just feels so dated.
I tried playing vice city and couldn't deal with it. San Andreas was just about playable though
Really does feel dated - might just stick with listening to the radio stations on youtube. Really was a transformatively great soundtrack for me when I was young