Author Topic: What games are you playing at the moment?  (Read 208701 times)

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
Re: What games are you playing at the moment?
« Reply #2720 on: September 13, 2022, 12:04:48 pm »
Back on the rpg train. Playing Divinity Original Sin now. Did play it a bit when it came out, but then I never finished it or even got far into it. Did play some more of the classical rpgs a short while ago and I'm now far more into games like that. So the plan is to finish DOS and then finish the second one which I have also played a while ago but never finished... Maybe that'll last until 2023 when Baldurs Gate 3 is hopefully out...

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #2721 on: September 13, 2022, 12:51:27 pm »
This is an excellent game ^^^.

I probably mentioned before, but I played this Co-op with my daughter. She had very little interest in the plot but was bang into robbing peoples homes & businesses then selling the goods back to them! I’m keeping a close eye on her these days.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #2722 on: September 13, 2022, 01:34:53 pm »
I thought both dos and dos2 were good fun. Even if it did seem like every battle in 2 resulted in the whole screen being on fire.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2723 on: September 13, 2022, 02:54:38 pm »

I probably mentioned before, but I played this Co-op with my daughter. She had very little interest in the plot but was bang into robbing peoples homes & businesses then selling the goods back to them! I’m keeping a close eye on her these days.

Love that. My daughter picked up my Zelda BOTW save after I finished and spent my seemingly endless amount of money on gambling. Also keeping a close eye on her.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #2724 on: September 13, 2022, 05:36:26 pm »

You shouldn't really bother. As she's your daughter we all know how she's going to turn out, probably a bit of a weirdo, but otherwise a very decent person for someone, who's from Scotland... ;)

Yeah, I did really it in my first try and don't really remember why I never finished it. I probably got stuck at a hard fight both in DOS and DOS2 and then just stopped playing. Not this time though.

I thought both dos and dos2 were good fun. Even if it did seem like every battle in 2 resulted in the whole screen being on fire.

Haha... I love the whole elemental stuff, even though I'm pretty shite at taking advantage of it. I can set people and areas on fire, but stuff like creating a steam cloud and then using the electric bolt or whatever it's called to stun people is way too complicated for me. If I do that, I do it accidentally. Same as creating a puddle and then stunning people or turning it into an ice surface, so my character falls on his big fat arse... :D

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2725 on: September 13, 2022, 09:27:46 pm »
Never managed to get into Divinity Original Sin 2, which is odd because I have finished Baldurs Gate 1 and 2 on the pc in my youth. Your posts inspired me, I’ll give it another go.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2726 on: September 17, 2022, 09:12:13 am »
Toem is such a nice little break from the noise and lights of other games.  Not usually my thing but I've become hooked after getting it on PS+.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2727 on: September 21, 2022, 09:19:51 am »
Tinykin through Game Pass. What a game, might be my favourite platformer in a long time. Gorgeous level design, great mechanics and some challenging puzzles to solve. Definitely recommend

Played through the 1st 2 parts of Deathloop as well now it's out on Game Pass. Seems interesting so far. Will reserve judgement until I've played some more but it's definitely got some interesting ideas

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2728 on: September 21, 2022, 04:26:51 pm »
just started playing "prey", i'm enjoying it without loving it so far.

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #2729 on: September 21, 2022, 05:51:44 pm »
just started playing "prey", i'm enjoying it without loving it so far.

I enjoyed that. the enemies did get pretty annoying though.

Offline F-T-9

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2730 on: September 23, 2022, 09:27:54 am »
Playing Desperados 3, awesome game. I was a huge fan of the Commandos series and this game follows the same concept, just in a western setting.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #2731 on: September 23, 2022, 09:39:29 am »
You Suck At Parking.

Lovely little throwaway, “one more go” kind of game.
AHA!

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2732 on: September 23, 2022, 09:56:53 am »
Been playing No Man's Sky on the PS5, was annoyed that I can't seem to use my PS4 save, so I started again, another game that has steadily improved over time.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #2733 on: September 23, 2022, 12:18:22 pm »
Tinykin through Game Pass. What a game, might be my favourite platformer in a long time. Gorgeous level design, great mechanics and some challenging puzzles to solve. Definitively recommend
And I’ve just started this, what a brilliant game. I’m a sucker for a platformer/puzzler and there’s far too few of them around these days.
AHA!

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2734 on: September 23, 2022, 04:13:16 pm »
Been playing No Man's Sky on the PS5, was annoyed that I can't seem to use my PS4 save, so I started again, another game that has steadily improved over time.

I'd go further and say it is the best, bar none, example of a game getting better after an initial release - started off completerly average, ended up being easily GOTY material each year (as every year they put out the best free expansions in gaming).  There is not a single game I can think of thaty has got better like it has  - Final Fantasy 14 started off meh, had one really important world changing expansion (which was basically a rebuild_ and then since then a number of paid expansions, but nothing ground breaking like NMS

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2735 on: September 25, 2022, 12:07:01 pm »
Replaying God Of War in preperation for Ragnarok. I played it on release but probably rushed the main story because it was so good and didn't take my time to really venture round the lake and such. It's just a brilliant game, pacing, little conversations when you are exploring, the combat is very satisfying. Can't wait for the second one now.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2736 on: September 27, 2022, 01:49:05 pm »
So nobody else playing Dying Light 2?  I'm quite surprised that it's seemingly not been mentioned, especially given how popular open-world games are on here. 

Anyhow, I've just completed the main story and have to say, I've enjoyed the shit out of it.  I did use a reshade to get rid of the shitty bright colours and a hud mod for immersion (God I hate the modern tendency of Dev's to clutter up the screen. Fuck you floating markers!) but other than that no mods.   It really is an wonderfully conceptualized, atmospheric and very immersive open world.  I understand that it was a bug-fest at launch, but it seems totally fine now, at least on PC.  Highly recommended.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2737 on: September 27, 2022, 03:03:45 pm »
Replaying God Of War in preperation for Ragnarok. I played it on release but probably rushed the main story because it was so good and didn't take my time to really venture round the lake and such. It's just a brilliant game, pacing, little conversations when you are exploring, the combat is very satisfying. Can't wait for the second one now.
Think i'll do the same at some point. Although maybe in reverse - really took my time with it last time, including getting all bar one achievement (except missing an unknown bastard raven)

Story is so well delivered it would be nice to power through it ready for the game (and have enough of a backlog that I won't be rushing to buy it til its cheaper)

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #2738 on: September 27, 2022, 03:24:21 pm »
Has anyone played Toem?

Lovely charming little black and white game about puzzle solving through photography.

They have just released a new area for free and played through that for an hour or 2 the other night.

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2739 on: September 27, 2022, 04:27:58 pm »
I enjoyed that. the enemies did get pretty annoying though.

yeah i might turn down the difficulty as the phantoms are so annoying

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2740 on: September 27, 2022, 04:50:10 pm »
yeah i might turn down the difficulty as the phantoms are so annoying
I enjoyed Prey, it's underrated, it's the kind of story driven game developers don't tend to make much these days, can't monetise every single iota of the game is probably why.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2741 on: September 27, 2022, 04:59:33 pm »
Has anyone played Toem?

Lovely charming little black and white game about puzzle solving through photography.

They have just released a new area for free and played through that for an hour or 2 the other night.
Yeah I enjoyed that over the weekend and ended up going until I'd platinum'd it, nice breather of a game. Did enjoy the new area a lot too.

Offline RedSandgrounder

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2742 on: September 27, 2022, 09:35:16 pm »
Platinumed God of War and Horizon Zero Dawn recently, going to wait it out for the sequels to be available for ~£20 or less each then give them a go. Currently picking up MGSV again just to get through the story before going for the next platinum on the list - Ghosts of Tsushima.
PSN: DHitchers

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #2743 on: September 29, 2022, 10:17:00 am »
Yeah I enjoyed that over the weekend and ended up going until I'd platinum'd it, nice breather of a game. Did enjoy the new area a lot too.

Same was a nice platinum,. had to look up a few things but otherwise was a nice palate cleaners.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2744 on: September 29, 2022, 10:27:22 am »
Same was a nice platinum,. had to look up a few things but otherwise was a nice palate cleaners.

Haha don't know if i picked it up somewhere, but i also use palate cleanser too to describe nice little standlone/short/pick up and play games that are good in between longer games.

Currently been using Rayman Legends for this - am on the verge of saving all the teensies, which is a surprise as was quite overwhelmed that there were so many levels when first starting

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2745 on: September 29, 2022, 07:09:21 pm »
Rerurn to Monkey Island. It’s everything I hoped it would be.

Online lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2746 on: September 29, 2022, 07:27:58 pm »
Fallout 76 after getting burnt out on Destiny2

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #2747 on: September 30, 2022, 09:54:23 am »
Digging back into Division 2. Nice wee additions on the latest updates. Could be some time before Division 3 appears.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #2748 on: September 30, 2022, 09:28:43 pm »
My PlayStation crapped out and took my Tv with it.
Something about a ‘bad handshake’ between the two or something. Both kaput.
Apparently it’s common with PS4’s. We had a lightning strike very close by the night before which is also a problem that can bugger them. Long and short of it is there’ll be no gaming in the meady household for quite some time now. Gonna have to use may spare money for ‘food’ and ‘heating’.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 09:30:23 pm by meady1981 »

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2749 on: October 1, 2022, 08:21:27 pm »

Yep, wasn't too sure about it initially but am really into it now. Struggling a bit with

Spoiler
finding the keys at the moment
[close]

but all good fun.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #2750 on: October 1, 2022, 08:39:50 pm »

Yep. All those nostalgia strings pulled

Yep, wasn't too sure about it initially but am really into it now. Struggling a bit with

Spoiler
finding the keys at the moment
[close]

but all good fun.

Yep I struggled with the same thing but I muddled through

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #2751 on: October 3, 2022, 11:53:54 am »
Finished Uncharted the Lost Legacy and really enjoyed it.

The game was great, didn't enjoy some of the combat but I thought the open map was a nice touch to be honest, felt a nice little standalone game.

I want to do Assassin's Creed Origins before MW2 comes out, so going to jump into that tonight.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2752 on: October 3, 2022, 12:50:37 pm »
Spiderman Remastered this weekend.

These are just great fun games, and the swinging premise is so good alone that it makes doing all the sidemission and collectible stuff a nice way to break up the story as opposed to a chore. I'm a lot less invested in the story than I was with Miles Morales - but maybe that's just because i played that first. it's not lacking in engagement or anything

Offline F-T-9

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2753 on: October 4, 2022, 06:59:10 pm »
Just started Deathloop. Really liking the look and feel of the game so far, pretty funny dialogue too.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2754 on: October 4, 2022, 07:01:25 pm »
Just started Deathloop. Really liking the look and feel of the game so far, pretty funny dialogue too.

Me too :) Meaning I've actually sunk quite a few hours into it now!
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #2755 on: October 4, 2022, 07:14:24 pm »

couldn't be arsed to put this anywhere else.

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2756 on: October 4, 2022, 09:04:48 pm »
So the company that couldn’t finish their latest project now plans to do several games at once? I wish them nothing but success but I don’t buy into the hype yet.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #2757 on: October 4, 2022, 09:06:35 pm »
So the company that couldn’t finish their latest project now plans to do several games at once? I wish them nothing but success but I don’t buy into the hype yet.

as if any of them will be in 'proper' development at the same time.

there's no timescale for any of it, it was mentioned on an investor call apparently.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2758 on: October 4, 2022, 10:08:25 pm »
Cyberpunk is in fantastic shape on next gen, really good game.

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2759 on: October 5, 2022, 06:46:59 am »
Just finished Lake - great little game about a woman who takes a two week break from a stressful job in the city to do her Dads post delivery job in a quiet little town. You mostly just potter about delivering post and chatting to folk. There’s a few side stories to follow but nothing major. Made a nice change from the more full on games I’ve been playing!

Am still working my way through a season on F1 22, am with McLaren and am slowly developing the car up the grid. It’s good overall but I find I need to be in a certain mood for it and after a long day can’t often be bothered with the concentration required for a race.

Might start AC Origins or Cyberpunk next, sounds like Cyberpunk is now the game we expected it to be so am looking for to that.
"We come here for the winning!"