Author Topic: Premier League fixtures 21st/22nd January  (Read 38973 times)

Offline istvan kozma

• Legacy Fan
  • "We have dreams and songs to sing"
Re: Premier League fixtures 21st/22nd January
« Reply #920 on: January 22, 2017, 06:31:36 pm »
Chelsea haven't been good today but going to sneak the win

That's what wins you titles

Digging in when playing averagely
Yep, Chelsea score 2 goals at home to a team in the bottom 3 and win, LFC score 2 goals at home against a team in the bottom 3 and lose.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #921 on: January 22, 2017, 06:31:42 pm »
Yes.

Because a different referee would've changed the result yesterday wouldn't it?  ;D

No, it wouldn't have.

It might have against United though...

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #922 on: January 22, 2017, 06:32:07 pm »
Next few results against Arsenal and Liverpool will be massive, don't see City or United going on a mega-run, and Spurs will always fuck it up somehow.  Chelsea's to lose, expect him to set up in those two games accordingly.

Yep, they've got such an advantage they can afford to play for a draw in their next 2. That makes it harder for us to beat them as we don't fare so well against teams that soak up pressure.

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #923 on: January 22, 2017, 06:32:27 pm »
A world class keeper
A world class DM
A world class winger
A world class forward

We've one world class player.

Our top level is still better than theirs personally. They have us beat at consistency though. Credit to them.

Offline gravy red

• Kopite
« Reply #924 on: January 22, 2017, 06:32:46 pm »
Arsenal and us to take 6 points to keep it exciting....

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #925 on: January 22, 2017, 06:34:19 pm »
he's right tho, we rarely sign players that are established world class players, which suarez is now, but he wasn't when we signed him

He's too busy trying to be funny to actually read the posts.

Nah I got it Y2J, that's why I said it.

I've supported us for long enough to know that it's not what this club is about. There are 6/7 clubs in the world with the finances to sign 'world class' players, it's not us. What we do is sign players like Suarez, Coutinho, Sturridge, Torres, Alonso, Mascherano, Reina, Mane, Matip, Hamann, Hyypia, Babbel etc who push us on a level who are attainable.

I get that you're an impatient chap, we get that from telling Rafa to be a DOF after a couple of games into the season. But this is how it is, we work our way up. Clamouring for world class players is completely self defeating, it's not going to happen. What we need is 2/3 seasons making more Mane/Matip signings. But it obviously requires patience, which tends not to exist in modern fanbases.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline DdeGea

• Superceded by OleGea
  • Main Stander
« Reply #926 on: January 22, 2017, 06:34:23 pm »
Arsenal and us to take 6 points to keep it exciting....
Not happening. Arsenal away against a top team...

Offline DivisiveNewSigning

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #927 on: January 22, 2017, 06:35:18 pm »
Ok those too. I still believe they're ordinary (Hazard/Costa aside) though. Just very well drilled and efficient when I see them play.

You must have some pretty high standards. They're a very good side with some very good players, and play a system that brings the best out of everyone. The fact that Moses and Alonso will be picking up PL winners medals is testimony to that.

This is also a side that has got rid of Lukaku, De Bruyne, Salah, Luiz (albeit returned), Cech, Schurrle, Mata and Sturridge in recent years. They have talent coming out of their ears. The most shrewd move they have done in recent years, though, is send the shithouse Maureen packing.

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #928 on: January 22, 2017, 06:36:30 pm »
Got to admire Conte he has come in an made them champions elect, are they really that much better than us? moses for 1 is so not rated by may of us, alonso?  i remember before they thrashed the mancs people on here laughing at there so called shitness?
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #929 on: January 22, 2017, 06:37:14 pm »
Were you? I don't remember anyone treating it as some great achievement regardless of what came after, nor should they have.

I was happy yes. It's not an achievement, but it should be our minimum target every year. If we get it this season along with a trophy, I'll be ecstatic.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #930 on: January 22, 2017, 06:40:34 pm »
Got to admire Conte he has come in an made them champions elect, are they really that much better than us? moses for 1 is so not rated by may of us, alonso?  i remember before they thrashed the mancs people on here laughing at there so called shitness?

He has players that fit into a system even if they're not magnificent players individually. I remember people on here saying they'll get worked out as 3 at the back doesn't work in England but I couldn't understand why. If you have a system that works and have players that suit, any formation can be successful.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #931 on: January 22, 2017, 06:40:52 pm »
Liverpool and Arsenal win their next two games and it's 4 points with 14 games left  ???
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #932 on: January 22, 2017, 06:41:32 pm »
I was happy yes. It's not an achievement, but it should be our minimum target every year. If we get it this season along with a trophy, I'll be ecstatic.

The only reason to be happy to get into the top four is the ability to win it. So yes i accept that it should be a target. The chance to get a lot of cash for the owners to stick into the bank and to pretend that we are now signing a higher level of player is pointless.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #933 on: January 22, 2017, 06:41:57 pm »
So is that the title race over?
It's not over - 10 points in sixteen games is doable - but the context is us drifting further and further away over a period of about three months, while they've barely dropped a point.  That means there's one hell of a turnaround required - if the league were full of crazy results both teams were dropping points frequently, I'd be a lot more hopeful.

Basically it requires a boring season to suddenly turn interesting.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #934 on: January 22, 2017, 06:42:02 pm »
Liverpool and Arsenal win their next two games and it's 4 points with 14 games left  ???

We will beat them but Arsenal wont.

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #935 on: January 22, 2017, 06:43:15 pm »
I agree but the thought of finishing 4th isn't itself exciting to me.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #936 on: January 22, 2017, 06:43:42 pm »

Not going to happen though. I was hoping we would be no more then 6 points behind them before our game - we fucked it up. Mountain to climb now, in term of points, momentum and even luck.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #937 on: January 22, 2017, 06:44:35 pm »

Us and Arsenal will drop more points in the remaining 12 even if the next two are won.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #938 on: January 22, 2017, 06:44:37 pm »

That's saying we beat Hull away and Arsenal win a big match away
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #939 on: January 22, 2017, 06:45:29 pm »
He has players that fit into a system even if they're not magnificent players individually. I remember people on here saying they'll get worked out as 3 at the back doesn't work in England but I couldn't understand why. If you have a system that works and have players that suit, any formation can be successful.
  not saying your wrong but maybe conte is savvy enough that he saw the right system an made it work, took to our league like a duck to water with a squad that the so called special 1 had nearer to the bottom half than the title.
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #940 on: January 22, 2017, 06:46:55 pm »

They're extremely efficient. They have quality players throughout their side, their spine in particular is fantastic: Courtois, Luiz, Kante, Costa (you could put Hazard in there too but I'm talking about one key player in each position of the pitch). Conte is a wonderful manager and the players are playing for him. The system he uses is making decent players look much better than they are, particularly the two you mention in Moses and Alonso. Moses has quality, he showed the odd glimpse during his time here, but in this system he's a key player and they also have better options off the bench than we do.

Are they better than us? They have been so far. Going forward we are superior but Chelsea know how to keep clean sheets. They know how to manage a game too which is vitally important. Remember under Rafa when we'd go a 1-0 up? We rarely threw it away and I get the same feeling with this Chelsea team. Hull actually played well today and they might count themselves unfortunate not to have gotten something (a clear penalty was denied), but Chelsea didn't need to be exceptional to win.

They'll drop points, but we have to beat them at Anfield to have any chance of getting near them. Football isn't an exact science; we could beat them and then in their next game they could dominate and lose via a bit of bad luck or poor officiating and then it's wide open again. But they are a really good side.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #941 on: January 22, 2017, 06:47:37 pm »
Us and Arsenal will drop more points in the remaining 12 even if the next two are won.

That's how I see it too. Chelsea are definitely running away with this league with their consistency.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Kop307

• Bets against Liverpool. "I could be talking utter fucking shit".
  • Kopite
« Reply #942 on: January 22, 2017, 06:47:59 pm »

If you told me we'll beat Chelsea I'd believe you. We're capable of it.

If you told me the week after we'd go away to Hull and get beat I'd believe you. We're capable of it.

That's the difference between us and Chelsea this season.

That's why I think the league is a step to far for us this season. I believed we'd be in the mix before Christmas. Since Bournemouth we've not been good enough to win the league.
There are 2 types of posters on RAWK - Those who have an opinion and post - and those who just comment on those who post. Have an opinion - grow up.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #943 on: January 22, 2017, 06:48:15 pm »

Hull play as well as they have done today we will struggle get something at their place unless we turn our form around in these next few games. It'll be easy for us to be up for Chelsea at home, different story going Hull.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #944 on: January 22, 2017, 06:48:48 pm »

Not going to happen though. I was hoping we would be no more then 6 points behind them before our game - we fucked it up. Mountain to climb now, in term of points, momentum and even luck.

Aye most likely, we should still be looking up though.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #945 on: January 22, 2017, 06:50:17 pm »
Aye most likely, we should still be looking up though.

Defo nobody's arse should be going about finishing in a champions league spot.

Offline sonny crockett

• Been highly respecting A@A since 2007, honestly, thinks the world of him!
  • Kopite
« Reply #946 on: January 22, 2017, 06:50:55 pm »

Saying it as fact, the opposite will happen.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #947 on: January 22, 2017, 06:52:07 pm »

Do you know what a fact is?

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #948 on: January 22, 2017, 06:53:13 pm »

Do you think they're jinxing us or something?

Offline goalrushatgoodison

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Still waiting for the great leap forward.
« Reply #949 on: January 22, 2017, 06:53:42 pm »
Have to say, from what I saw, both Burnley and Hull were hard done by today. The non-offside for the Arsenal penalty is hard to explain. The Lino is looking straight across the line. The Alonso challenge on Gray ( was it Gray?) is a stonewall peno. Regardless of how those decisions effect us, they are really really bad and both favoured the home and  "big" sides". It's not good enough.
Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #950 on: January 22, 2017, 06:55:11 pm »

Then Liverpool will lose to Hull or something.

We're not good enough mate. The owners need to increase their net spend and we need to by some quality in the summer.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #951 on: January 22, 2017, 06:56:13 pm »
Do you know what a fact is?
Do you think they're jinxing us or something?

Do yous 2 not know that typing something out on an Internet forum has a direct effect on what happens on a football pitch in 10 days time? Silly boys  :P
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #952 on: January 22, 2017, 06:56:35 pm »
Have to say, from what I saw, both Burnley and Hull were hard done by today. The non-offside for the Arsenal penalty is hard to explain. The Lino is looking straight across the line. The Alonso challenge on Gray ( was it Gray?) is a stonewall peno. Regardless of how those decisions effect us, they are really really bad and both favoured the home and  "big" sides". It's not good enough.

You would think that referees would be used to being on the same pitch as big sides and big-name players by now, but they seem to be mentally weak when it comes to making decisions against them.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #953 on: January 22, 2017, 06:58:53 pm »
Some refereeing has been awful, but the standard of linesmen this season has been disgraceful.

Maybe they see all the celeb refs and want a piece of the fame

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #954 on: January 22, 2017, 06:59:02 pm »

How do you know this?

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #955 on: January 22, 2017, 07:00:12 pm »
How do you know this?

I dont. Its my prediction and belief.

Offline Studgotelli

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #956 on: January 22, 2017, 07:02:42 pm »
I dont. Its my prediction and belief.

Hopefully 50% of your belief is wrong.

Requires a serious Chelsea collapse but at this stage it ain't over still many games left to play.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #957 on: January 22, 2017, 07:04:22 pm »
Wenger - "In my view it honestly was no a penalty for Burnley" ;D

Oh come on Arsene. Just say it was for christ sake man

Offline gary75

• Despite all his care, he suffers from a sticky ring.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #958 on: January 22, 2017, 07:06:01 pm »

This, our football boots are like Swiss cheese with the amount of times we shoot ourselves in the foot.

Offline sonny crockett

• Been highly respecting A@A since 2007, honestly, thinks the world of him!
  • Kopite
« Reply #959 on: January 22, 2017, 07:25:25 pm »
Do yous 2 not know that typing something out on an Internet forum has a direct effect on what happens on a football pitch in 10 days time? Silly boys  :P

I thought that if you said anything negative about the team it's printed out and given to the players at Melwood this next morning.

Isn't that always been the case why we aren't allowed to criticise anyone or project bad vibes. I am one with the force the force is with me.