The Liverpool FC Forum > Former LFC Players

Roberto Firmino

<< < (2798/3358) > >>

Eeyore:

--- Quote from: mrantarctica on February  6, 2022, 10:27:23 pm ---Also that he's just a bit older, a bit less at it physically and doesn't have quite enough other tools in the locker to evolve/adapt his game. Injuries here and there probably haven't helped either. Still a top player but can't help but feel that perhaps the next season or two he might be looking elsewhere a bit. Form-wise, I'm not sure he'd even be starting for us. Not having the major impact on our fortunes that he perhaps did 1-2 seasons ago.

--- End quote ---

I think four or five years ago when we played a 2-1 midfield then he could have played the Lallana role with ease. When we played that midfield though, we played a lopsided defence with one attacking full back and one conservative full back.

Now we push both full backs on and play a much flatter three in midfield. We generally play with a traditional 6 and two pretty conservative wider 8's whose role involves dropping in for the full backs when they push on. That really doesn't suit Bobby's skillset.

Ironically the biggest reason he wouldn't work as an 8 for me is that he wouldn't have a peak Bobby ahead of him helping him out.

Funky_Gibbons:

--- Quote from: royhendo on February  6, 2022, 09:38:15 pm ---So… is there a drop back into midfield in the offing for him?

--- End quote ---
I think he's far too casual on the ball to drop deeper, yesterday he surrendered possession cheaply which gave Cardiff their goal and in our previous game against Palace he did exactly the same and Palace should have scored from it.

Robinred:
He’s my favourite player of the Klopp era.

So despite the ‘eye test’ suggesting a drop off in form over the past 12 months, I’m hopeful he can regain his former zest. He’s only 30, and despite different players ‘ageing’ at differing times depending on so many variables, I think he’s too good to write off just yet.

theredyank:

--- Quote from: Morgana on February  6, 2022, 10:44:51 pm ---

--- End quote ---

I love this. Captures his personality I think. It really seems like he's best mates with both of them, and why wouldn't he? Dream partner, selfless, creative, and makes everyone around him look better.

And I'm sure him and Klopp was like a dad and his son watching both his other sons/brothers play each other. Gutted and chuffed at the same time.

Ghost Town:

--- Quote from: Morgana on February  6, 2022, 10:44:51 pm ---

--- End quote ---
That is so perfectly Bobby.

Such a great, selfless, joyful, madcap hero of a player

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version