Author Topic: La Liga Thread 2013/14  (Read 313224 times)

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
Re: La Liga Thread 2013/14
« Reply #2760 on: February 5, 2014, 10:49:08 pm »
This Barca side is way way way over the top.

They have stopped working anywhere like they did under Pep. The sharpness in their passing has gone and Messi is about a third of his former self.

That's all ok if you can defend but they can't in either open play or from set pieces.

The first good side they play will bang them like Bayern did last year. I think City will score at least 5 past them over the 2 legs. Two of them will be from set pieces.

I know it's unthinkable to say it but if I was Barca I would be taking the cash on Messi now and re-building.

Agree with all bar the last bit on Messi. Id be fucking the manager off pronto, the lethargy is unbelievable, hes fiddling while Barca burns to the ground
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #2761 on: February 5, 2014, 10:54:04 pm »
It's not Messi that needs selling, they need to replace the idiot in the dugout.

Imagine implementing a system that marginalises your best player. 

Messi is a phenomenon being used in the wrong way.
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2762 on: February 5, 2014, 11:15:03 pm »
Barcelona 2 Real Sociedad 0 ;D

Offline TheGOAT

• Gruff handbagger
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2763 on: February 6, 2014, 10:27:42 am »
Rugby tackle on Messi was hilarious

lad mustve just thought 'fuck this'

;D

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2764 on: February 6, 2014, 12:22:11 pm »
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2765 on: February 6, 2014, 01:53:26 pm »
haha

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2766 on: February 6, 2014, 01:58:53 pm »
Rugby tackle on Messi was hilarious

lad mustve just thought 'fuck this'

Haha just seen this.

Someone did it on Downing in the Europa last season didn't they? Can't remember if it was Zenit or Anzhi but it stopped a promising attack.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #2767 on: February 6, 2014, 02:11:49 pm »
What makes it even funnier is that before the game President Bartomeu gave Francois Pienaar his own Barca shirt. Guess he was inspired ;)

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2768 on: February 6, 2014, 04:19:08 pm »
Barca's problem right now is the board - they're unthinkably stupid. People might not think it but Thiago was a very stupid sale. They're struggling right now in midfield because Xavi doesn't have a natural backup and is playing too many games at his age. Thiago would've been perfectly good to play when Xavi needs resting but they haven't been able to do that because they thought it fine to sell him.

The other thing is the team has not at all adjusted to the way teams now defend against them. It was why Guardiola was experimenting so much in his final season and why he was starting to switch to three at the back and play a forward ahead of Messi - Messi gets caged off by four players now and cannot be expected to carry the team on his own. The whole reason they struggled against PSG, Milan and ultimately Bayern in the Champions League last season was that they could not stretch the pitch or create space for Messi and they ended up keeping possession out of caution rather than any actual reason. The team had become so one-dimensional which wasn't at all what Guardiola ever did.

It's also a mess in two defensive areas - they're easily countered against now. Xavi is slow, Fabregas is slow, there's space either side of the centre backs because not only do you have Alves going forward, you also have Alba on the other side (who was a very poorly thought-out signing imo). It's become easier to stop them in possession just remaining narrow and compact and then countering.

The other thing is they've just failed to think about set pieces when signing players. Their tall players have disappeared (again, why sign Alba to replace Abidal?) and whatever system they use to mark at corners, they're always going to be vulnerable.

This is what happens when you lose Guardiola as your manager.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2769 on: February 7, 2014, 09:31:13 pm »
Ref who sent off Ronaldo is suspended from further games and theres talk of him never reffing top flight again

Howard Webb, Chico Flores/Andy Carroll incident identical

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #2770 on: February 7, 2014, 10:19:48 pm »
Espanyol 1 Granada 0

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2771 on: February 7, 2014, 10:50:12 pm »
Ref who sent off Ronaldo is suspended from further games and theres talk of him never reffing top flight again

That's a bit harsh. Ronaldo did raise his hands to the guys face etc

Offline muyuu

• Google Groomer. reddit remain campaigner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
« Reply #2772 on: February 7, 2014, 10:52:48 pm »

Yep, because he's suspended until the end of the season and he's retiring this year.

R. Madrid are the United of La Liga.
"Chelsea have confirmed that their interim fans will leave the club when Roman Abramovich does"
-sinnermichael

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303961.msg11432382#msg11432382

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2773 on: February 8, 2014, 05:38:04 am »

Just incredible what shitstorm Madrid managed to create out of that red card, which was a very fair decision. Ronaldo was cheating by claiming a penalty, then scratched Gurpegi's head. I am baffled that his red card is even up for a fucking debate.

Not to say I like that referee, I don't like any referee in Spain to begin with. But him retiring this way is fucking shambles.

Offline gordonchas

• Jilted John was right.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2774 on: February 8, 2014, 09:33:41 am »
Yep, because he's suspended until the end of the season and he's retiring this year.

I thought he had been suspended for a month and told he wouldn't be refereeing any more Madrid games this season.

Earlier this season Muñiz Fernández was also suspended and told he wouldn't be given any more games involving Elche after his performance benefited Madrid.

The situation with Ayza Gamez creates more confusion as the disciplinary committee upheld Ronaldo's three-match ban, but the referee committee decided to freeze him out in any case.

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2775 on: February 8, 2014, 07:08:41 pm »
Cannot believe how bad that was from Dorado.

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2776 on: February 8, 2014, 07:10:00 pm »
Villarreal are a step away from a great team. Extremely frustrating how bad their finishing is though. And how bad some of their defending is.

Offline golgolgol

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2777 on: February 8, 2014, 07:32:17 pm »
Don't think Real Madrid deserve to be 2-0 up but oh well. And Bale is having a very good game. Don't think i have see him play as good as this before.

Offline golgolgol

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2778 on: February 8, 2014, 07:48:47 pm »
What a strike! Real Madrid 2:1 Villareal.

Offline golgolgol

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2779 on: February 8, 2014, 08:25:58 pm »
Jese scores. This lad is going to be a star.

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2780 on: February 8, 2014, 08:26:27 pm »
What a free kick that was by Dos Santos.

Some goals in this game.
We're on our way to glory...

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #2781 on: February 8, 2014, 08:30:22 pm »
Gerry Armstrong likes Real Madrid a bit doesn't he?
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline pinky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2782 on: February 8, 2014, 09:01:32 pm »
Luka Modric with another extroardinary game again and the whole stadium in love with him.

Offline pinky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2783 on: February 8, 2014, 09:06:05 pm »

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #2784 on: February 8, 2014, 10:41:16 pm »
Atletico losing 1-0 :(

Barca and Madrid both going to go level with them on points if they don't change this.
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #2785 on: February 8, 2014, 10:42:21 pm »
And Almeria have just made it 2-0. Looks like it isn't going to be Atletico's year.. they still have to go to the Nou Camp and play Madrid again.
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2786 on: February 8, 2014, 10:42:36 pm »
All gone wrong for Atletico. Losing 2-0, down to 10 and an outfield player in net. Aranzubia has had a shocker.

Offline golgolgol

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2787 on: February 8, 2014, 10:43:34 pm »
Almeria 2:0 Ateltico. Shock and horror. Ref has been terrible. Almeria get a penalty that shouldn't have been and keeper sent off. Aranzubia has been poor though.

Offline edge

• hill, getting off at...with a dijk still hard...
  • Legacy Fan
  • allright, then..
« Reply #2788 on: February 8, 2014, 10:43:41 pm »
How is Suso doing for Almeria?

Offline Bird Bird Bird The Bird Is The Word

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brace for Impact
« Reply #2789 on: February 8, 2014, 10:44:29 pm »
Almeria should've had a man sent off 10 mins before they scored, disgusting challenge, two footed lunge that could've been a leg breaker. Commentators said they should've had a penalty too.

Guess only Real and Barca get the "luck".

Offline golgolgol

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2790 on: February 8, 2014, 10:45:51 pm »

He's done ok. Got away with a challenge that could have been a penalty in the first half though.

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
« Reply #2791 on: February 8, 2014, 10:46:19 pm »
Only watched the second half, didn't stand out.

Technically he goes down as getting an assist but he assisted a cross more than anything as the cross went flying into the far top corner.

Offline golgolgol

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2792 on: February 8, 2014, 10:49:03 pm »
Almeria should've had a man sent off 10 mins before they scored, disgusting challenge, two footed lunge that could've been a leg breaker. Commentators said they should've had a penalty too.

Atletico were below par today but Almeria could easily have two players sent off. Soriano made so many fouls and got away with it, only a yellow. Then Barbosa made a disgusting two footed tackle that injured Tiago who had to be substituted. Suso got very fortunate too as his challenge could have been a penalty. Then Atletico's keeper gets wrongly sent off and penalty awarded. Shocking stuff.

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2793 on: February 8, 2014, 11:05:32 pm »

Watched that challenge back a few times. Looked awful, hope Tiago is ok
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #2794 on: February 9, 2014, 12:26:33 am »
Fucking hell Atletico, lost me money just when I thought it was nailed on.

Offline golgolgol

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2795 on: February 9, 2014, 09:45:08 am »
Luka Modric with another extroardinary game again and the whole stadium in love with him.

He was ok. Did his job very well which is to pass the ball and keep it moving. The players who won this game were Jese, Bale and Benzema although Bale disappeared in the second half. Jese MOTM by some distance. I laughed when the commentator said the stadium was in love with  Modric. Trying a bit too hard me thinks. Not sure if it was Gerry.
« Last Edit: February 9, 2014, 09:49:37 am by golgolgol »

Offline pinky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2796 on: February 9, 2014, 12:40:44 pm »
He was ok. Did his job very well which is to pass the ball and keep it moving. The players who won this game were Jese, Bale and Benzema although Bale disappeared in the second half. Jese MOTM by some distance. I laughed when the commentator said the stadium was in love with  Modric. Trying a bit too hard me thinks. Not sure if it was Gerry.

It's been several times that his name has been chanted in stadium, which is rare for 99% of players there. But a very dynamic guy that covers a lot of space and can gain the ball back -in spite of his seemingly fragile constitution- , goes past defensive lines with great ease and hardly makes mistakes while passing the ball, was always going to become an idol in the Bernabeu.

Offline golgolgol

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2797 on: February 9, 2014, 02:04:22 pm »
It's been several times that his name has been chanted in stadium, which is rare for 99% of players there. But a very dynamic guy that covers a lot of space and can gain the ball back -in spite of his seemingly fragile constitution- , goes past defensive lines with great ease and hardly makes mistakes while passing the ball, was always going to become an idol in the Bernabeu.

Don't get me wrong he's world class. Took a season to settle in but he's majestic to watch this season. But the hyperbole of praise he's getting sometimes is a bit ott imo. Isco was the darling of Madrid, the fans and the media in the first half of the season( heck Ancelotti was whistled by the fans for subbing off Isco at the Bernabeau) and now he's struggling to get playing time under the new formation. So anything can happen. I even hear some people saying Modric is the best midfielder in La Liga, really? He's not. Maybe for those who only watch Real Madrid. His countryman Rakitic has outshown him(that's not a slight on Modric by any means, Rakitic has been brilliant) and there are several midfielders having a great season. Its hard to pick out top 5 midfielders in La Liga nevermind putting one on a pedestal so high. Would he get in my top 5 list? Im not sure really.

I see David Silva having similar performances for City week in week out but with more end product and yesterday one of the commentator remarked he was having a 'sub-standard' season. Mind blown.
« Last Edit: February 9, 2014, 02:51:46 pm by golgolgol »

Offline pinky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2798 on: February 9, 2014, 05:18:44 pm »
I see David Silva having similar performances for City week in week out but with more end product and yesterday one of the commentator remarked he was having a 'sub-standard' season. Mind blown.

Silva plays in a 4-4-2 or a 4-2-2-2, typical Pellegrini scheme where the attacking midfielders are closer to the goal and the strikers tend to use the wings to create space for the former. Modric is a mobile midfielder, one of Alonso's partners, in a 4-3-3 with Di Maria being the most offensive out of the two, and the Croat having a major say to the build up from the back. Moreover, he can also play in front of the defense in a 4-2-3-1 formation (see his game vs Dortmund at home besides Alonso last season, or his duo with Parker at Spurs).

Silva is more of a Sneijder or Ozil, if you like, and Modric would be more of a Xavi or a Sahin. Comparing the both of them drives us nowhere.

Offline golgolgol

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2799 on: February 9, 2014, 05:55:41 pm »
Silva plays in a 4-4-2 or a 4-2-2-2, typical Pellegrini scheme where the attacking midfielders are closer to the goal and the strikers tend to use the wings to create space for the former. Modric is a mobile midfielder, one of Alonso's partners, in a 4-3-3 with Di Maria being the most offensive out of the two, and the Croat having a major say to the build up from the back. Moreover, he can also play in front of the defense in a 4-2-3-1 formation (see his game vs Dortmund at home besides Alonso last season, or his duo with Parker at Spurs).

Silva is more of a Sneijder or Ozil, if you like, and Modric would be more of a Xavi or a Sahin. Comparing the both of them drives us nowhere.

I said similar performances, obviously they play in different formations.