Author Topic: New Kit thread  (Read 3543484 times)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: New Kit thread
« Reply #24240 on: July 4, 2022, 03:41:16 pm »
I can usually find at least one positive thing about a kit, struggling with that one.

As usual, wait til we have a resounding win wearing it at Old Trafford or the Emirates or away in Europe and it’ll look a lot better!

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #24241 on: July 4, 2022, 03:52:55 pm »
The plain white on the back is the big problem, it looks ridiculous.

Might only be getting the 3rd kit this year and possibly none of them.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #24242 on: July 4, 2022, 04:17:25 pm »
The plain white on the back is the big problem, it looks ridiculous.

Might only be getting the 3rd kit this year and possibly none of them.

It’s like when teams in stripes or hoops have a massive blank space on the back too. Doesn’t look so bad with a name and number on there but looks a bit crap on a plain replica top.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #24243 on: July 4, 2022, 04:18:04 pm »
I can usually find at least one positive thing about a kit, struggling with that one.
It's obvious. All our maths PhD geeks have decided that the next marginal gain is through making our opponents go dizzy with our Magic Eye shirts.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #24244 on: July 4, 2022, 04:20:41 pm »
Is that legit?  Makes me feel like I've got a migraine coming on, same sort of light spot pattern I see before one hits.

Maybe it's meant to have that effect on the opposition too ;D

Is it the away or third?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #24245 on: July 4, 2022, 04:23:42 pm »
It’s like when teams in stripes or hoops have a massive blank space on the back too. Doesn’t look so bad with a name and number on there but looks a bit crap on a plain replica top.

Yeah, I hate the plain backs like that. Surely plain black numbers would have shown up just like the badges do?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #24246 on: July 4, 2022, 04:51:30 pm »
That is bloody awful what where they thinking  :D :o
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24247 on: July 4, 2022, 04:54:24 pm »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline El_Frank

• Main Stander
  • Doubters into believers
« Reply #24248 on: July 4, 2022, 04:58:50 pm »
Yeah...that's bad.
And as someone that also gets migraines it both resembles one and is likely to induce one. Maybe that's the thought, leave the oppo defence keeled over vomiting on themselves so Mo and co can bang in the goals.

Online IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #24249 on: July 4, 2022, 05:19:35 pm »
Nike are taking the piss.  Home shirt’s nice and simple (albeit strangely baggy) but that is just horrendous.   Maybe it’s a ploy so we don’t make as much money from our cut of the shirt sales.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #24250 on: July 4, 2022, 05:26:33 pm »
At this point I think Nike are just trolling us. That monstrosity is absolutely horrific.

They actually want money in return for that?  :no
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #24251 on: July 4, 2022, 05:34:54 pm »
New song.H-Y-P ,i'm hypnotized.

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #24252 on: July 4, 2022, 06:01:06 pm »
I think it looks great. Honestly. I’m not sure what people expect these days. The away kits are open to experimenting by the designers. Other than it being a replica kit of the 1979 white away shirt and black shorts which it never will then the away will always be open for debate and dislike.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #24253 on: July 4, 2022, 06:19:14 pm »
Leak of the third is here: https://www.footyheadlines.com/2021/10/exclusive-liverpool-22-23-third-kit.html

Sorry can't pull the pics off there.
quite like that, the away kit is horrendous though
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24254 on: July 4, 2022, 06:29:11 pm »
I think it looks great. Honestly. I’m not sure what people expect these days. The away kits are open to experimenting by the designers. Other than it being a replica kit of the 1979 white away shirt and black shorts which it never will then the away will always be open for debate and dislike.
A bit more than the 'designer' giving his three year old kid an acid tab, a box of crayons and a sheet of paper then asking him to come up with our new away shirt. 😃  :rollseyes
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Red Ol

• 82 years in this crazy world and still plays with Lego
  • Legacy Fan
  • Children of the night. What music they make.
« Reply #24255 on: July 4, 2022, 06:43:59 pm »
Reminds me of the episode of the big bang theory when Sheldon goes to a fancy address party as the Doppler effect … this one is more the ‘dope la’ effect
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #24256 on: July 4, 2022, 07:25:50 pm »

So how long have you worked at Nike's Kit design team?

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #24257 on: July 4, 2022, 07:31:00 pm »
I was just scrolling through Vinted and saw this absolute thing of beauty. If I had the money, I'd buy it and not share the link!

Thought it post it on here as this looks rare.

https://www.vinted.co.uk/men/clothes/jumpers-and-sweaters/hoodies-and-sweatshirts/2011144603-1989-vintage-adidas-liverpool-fc-football-sweatshirt
"Salahs in here......"

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
« Reply #24258 on: July 4, 2022, 07:32:01 pm »
Be interesting to see how the DHGate boys get on with that, I'm guessing the design (and that of the third) is intended to cause issues for the counterfeiters.

They can counterfeit designer labels at almost 1:1 accuracy I doubt a footy kit will be too hard

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #24259 on: July 4, 2022, 08:32:51 pm »
This is a DH Gate one. Personally I think the counterfeiters have done a better job if that other one is real!

i have this one, and it looks so much better than the official

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24260 on: July 4, 2022, 08:52:59 pm »
Looks like a raspberry/blueberry ripple ice cream

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24261 on: July 4, 2022, 09:32:54 pm »
Looks like Jackson Pollocks to me.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24262 on: July 5, 2022, 01:24:02 am »
Looks like Jackson Pollocks to me.
Jackson Bollocks more like.

I'm usually not too fussed about mad patterns in kits, but that is absolutely shocking. It reminds me of what happens if you blow out the brightness and upscale a low res image in Photoshop or something. Looks like looking at a broken LCD screen or something. Who the fuck came up with that absolute eyesore of a thing? It's actually literally headache inducing. I'll be giving that one a swerve, even on the fakers.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24263 on: July 5, 2022, 01:33:05 am »
We need to put it into a club charter that the kit's will always remain:

All Red or with a hint of white- Home Kit

Combination of White/Yellow Red/Green/Grey-  Away Kit

and if you must

Some weird but tasteful monstrosity- 3rd Kit

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24264 on: July 5, 2022, 02:36:16 am »
Wouldn't wear it but don't think it's too bad. The shape of the black on the sleeves is odd, and the part on the back. If they scaled it back to something simpler on those details it'd be a nice kit.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #24265 on: July 5, 2022, 03:27:06 am »
A headache inducing mess. Awful

Offline 77kop05

• Anny Roader
« Reply #24266 on: July 5, 2022, 04:15:39 am »
One for the kids. In my old traditonal eyes it's shocking. While my 13 year old  loves it.
Love this seasons home one though. 

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24267 on: July 5, 2022, 06:25:37 am »
It's like a 90s pattern shirt shat out of a unicorns arse.

Offline 5-times-Phill

• Main Stander
« Reply #24268 on: July 5, 2022, 08:37:52 am »
It’s all subjective and it’s all a bit of fun really, none of it really matters, but I reckon that’s the worst away we’ve ever had. My own opinion was that last seasons home kit was also the worst home  we’ve ever had.

Equally last seasons cream away and the first Nike home are two of my favourites.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24269 on: July 5, 2022, 10:57:09 am »
Nike are clearly trying to appeal to the sizable magic eye community within our fanbase.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24270 on: July 5, 2022, 11:15:18 am »
It’s all subjective and it’s all a bit of fun really, none of it really matters, but I reckon that’s the worst away we’ve ever had. My own opinion was that last seasons home kit was also the worst home  we’ve ever had.

Equally last seasons cream away and the first Nike home are two of my favourites.
I absolutely agree that it's all highly subjective and a bit of fun squabbling over the aesthetics.

On a serious note though, I do sometimes wonder about the psychological side of things. Bill Shankly fully understood this when he changed our home kit to all red because it made us look more formidable.

Also, we all know how the clothes we wear can have an influence over how we then feel. If you believe you look good/smart etc, you feel more confident in yourself and can carry yourself better. If you feel you look like a bag of shite in something, you can shrink away a bit due to the effect on confidence.

Now I know we are talking about highly tuned professionals here, but psychological factors still come into play regardless. Professionals are human like everyone else.

Personally, I want my team looking and feeling supremely confident. Shankly knew the psychological value of this. I still believe it's important today.
« Last Edit: July 5, 2022, 11:17:16 am by Son of Spion »

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #24271 on: July 5, 2022, 11:32:45 am »
That's more like it, I was extremely disappointed at the lack of over exaggerated fewm in here when the home kit was revealed. Glad we're back onto the norm now.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #24272 on: July 5, 2022, 11:36:25 am »

Is that only the players version for the name and number

Online JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #24273 on: July 5, 2022, 11:41:35 am »
Is that only the players version for the name and number

It doesn't look like a player issue kit to me (doesn't look very fitted) so it's likely both versions.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24274 on: July 5, 2022, 11:43:09 am »
That's more like it, I was extremely disappointed at the lack of over exaggerated fewm in here when the home kit was revealed. Glad we're back onto the norm now.
Glad to be of service, Craig. 😃

You can rely on me.  :-*

Offline MH41

• Kopite
« Reply #24275 on: July 5, 2022, 11:48:50 am »
I absolutely agree that it's all highly subjective and a bit of fun squabbling over the aesthetics.

On a serious note though, I do sometimes wonder about the psychological side of things. Bill Shankly fully understood this when he changed our home kit to all red because it made us look more formidable.

Also, we all know how the clothes we wear can have an influence over how we then feel. If you believe you look good/smart etc, you feel more confident in yourself and can carry yourself better. If you feel you look like a bag of shite in something, you can shrink away a bit due to the effect on confidence.

Now I know we are talking about highly tuned professionals here, but psychological factors still come into play regardless. Professionals are human like everyone else.

Personally, I want my team looking and feeling supremely confident. Shankly knew the psychological value of this. I still believe it's important today.
Yes.
And we have always been sh*te in baggy jerseys. Just look at the 90s 😂
I jest somewhat, but fashion contributes nothing to performance. As I said previously, there is a reason why athletes do not run around in loose fitting baggy kits (bar basketball, tennis)

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24276 on: July 5, 2022, 12:02:06 pm »
Yes.
And we have always been sh*te in baggy jerseys. Just look at the 90s 😂
I jest somewhat, but fashion contributes nothing to performance. As I said previously, there is a reason why athletes do not run around in loose fitting baggy kits (bar basketball, tennis)
Yep. Money means that fashion has decided that football kit must fit with the fashion industry rather than with the actual sport itself.

Kit is often designed on whether or not it goes well with jeans, rather than how well it performs in the athletic sense.

I'm quite serious when talking about the psychological aspect. It's a sport of increasingly finer margins. Psychology matters in sport as it matters elsewhere, and possibly moreso. Players have to feel good to perform well. Any tiny advantage can help. Any psychological edge can count.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #24277 on: July 5, 2022, 12:06:59 pm »
Yep. Money means that fashion has decided that football kit must fit with the fashion industry rather than with the actual sport itself.

Kit is often designed on whether or not it goes well with jeans, rather than how well it performs in the athletic sense.

I'm quite serious when talking about the psychological aspect. It's a sport of increasingly finer margins. Psychology matters in sport as it matters elsewhere, and possibly moreso. Players have to feel good to perform well. Any tiny advantage can help. Any psychological edge can count.

You've seen the kip of what players wear these days, right?

Safe to say they would prob feel "good" in something a bit weird and wacky, well, compared to some middle aged guys on a football forum :D

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #24278 on: July 5, 2022, 12:08:37 pm »
Wow. That kit is horrific. I guess with the home kit being so minimalist and chic they felt they had to go in the opposite direction for the third kit.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24279 on: July 5, 2022, 12:09:02 pm »
You've seen the kip of what players wear these days, right?

Safe to say they would prob feel "good" in something a bit weird and wacky, well, compared to some middle aged guys on a football forum :D
I'll have you know that my real name is Calvin Klein.  :-*