Author Topic: Ask the next person a question  (Read 543260 times)

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
Re: Ask the next person a question
« Reply #12440 on: September 7, 2022, 06:47:15 pm »
Probably now. I’m 29 so still a young man grand scheme of things, have my health and in decent shape and it will just get harder to remain so as I get older. Having said that being a touch older can you give you more gravitas but certainly no older than 40. Having said that most people I have asked which decade of their life have they enjoyed the most, most have said 40s or 50s.

Are examinations an effective way to measure capability and achievement?
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #12441 on: September 27, 2022, 02:47:29 pm »
Probably now. I’m 29 so still a young man grand scheme of things, have my health and in decent shape and it will just get harder to remain so as I get older. Having said that being a touch older can you give you more gravitas but certainly no older than 40. Having said that most people I have asked which decade of their life have they enjoyed the most, most have said 40s or 50s.

Are examinations an effective way to measure capability and achievement?
In a way, yes. I believe that exams keep students, etc..on their toes.

Do you have any bad habits that you can't seem to shake?

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12442 on: September 27, 2022, 03:07:22 pm »
Losing my temper over pathetic, trivial stuff. I get wound up and then like 5 seconds later I’m fine. It’s stupidity.

What’s the best individual acting performance of the last ten years?
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12443 on: September 27, 2022, 03:39:55 pm »
Losing my temper over pathetic, trivial stuff. I get wound up and then like 5 seconds later I’m fine. It’s stupidity.

What’s the best individual acting performance of the last ten years?
A toss-up between Leonardo DiCaprio – The Wolf Of Wall Street (2013) and Joaquin Phoenix – Joker (2019).
Stunning from both.

What's the very best live performance from any band or artist you have ever witnessed?

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12444 on: September 27, 2022, 06:33:25 pm »
A toss-up between Leonardo DiCaprio – The Wolf Of Wall Street (2013) and Joaquin Phoenix – Joker (2019).
Stunning from both.

What's the very best live performance from any band or artist you have ever witnessed?
The Real People at the Tiv in Buckley c.97.

Changed my mind,
Faith no more - Glasgow Barrowlands - 92

Best performance from a footballer you've ever seen live or tv?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 06:48:26 pm by Kenny's Jacket »
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12445 on: September 28, 2022, 01:16:20 pm »
Difficult. In person, maybe Steven Gerrard v Olympiakos in 2004, or Torres v Boro in maybe 2008? On TV there’s too many to mention, Xabi Alonso v Everton in the derby where we played with ten men due to injuries rather than anyone being sent off, maybe 2007? Or Ronaldo phenomeno v Spartak Moscow, 1999 UEFA Cup.

Favourite popcorn flick?

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #12446 on: September 28, 2022, 01:50:48 pm »
Difficult. In person, maybe Steven Gerrard v Olympiakos in 2004, or Torres v Boro in maybe 2008? On TV there’s too many to mention, Xabi Alonso v Everton in the derby where we played with ten men due to injuries rather than anyone being sent off, maybe 2007? Or Ronaldo phenomeno v Spartak Moscow, 1999 UEFA Cup.

Favourite popcorn flick?

the original bad news bears with tatum o'neal and walter matthau - watch it every couple of years

what do you think will be the next step in technology for the mobile phone?
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12447 on: September 28, 2022, 02:26:56 pm »
the original bad news bears with tatum o'neal and walter matthau - watch it every couple of years

what do you think will be the next step in technology for the mobile phone?

Using them to unlock and lock doors or gain access to areas in lieu of tickets, physical keys, etc. via NFC. That technology already exists but I think that's what the next widespread use will be.

What's the thing you've seen on TV that shocked you the most? It can be shocked as in surprised or horrified, I'm not bothered.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #12448 on: September 28, 2022, 02:53:00 pm »

Great fucking movie!

Ahmad and Miggy:

"That dude is a bad mother. You talk about a loan shark. I borrowed a nickel from him last week. He said if I didn't give him a dime by Friday, he'd break my arm."

"Es un bandido." 

;D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #12449 on: September 28, 2022, 02:58:58 pm »
Using them to unlock and lock doors or gain access to areas in lieu of tickets, physical keys, etc. via NFC. That technology already exists but I think that's what the next widespread use will be.

What's the thing you've seen on TV that shocked you the most? It can be shocked as in surprised or horrified, I'm not bothered.
Watching the second tower come down live on tv on 9/11 was insane.

Are you still working from home as much as possible?
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12450 on: September 28, 2022, 07:32:19 pm »
Less than I’d like, as much as my job will allow. I work from home two days a week, I’d prefer three/four at home but I don’t mind the current set up. I get as much done regardless of where I am.

Most underrated Liverpool player of the last 20 years in your eyes? I mean by our fanbase as opposed to the media etc.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #12451 on: September 28, 2022, 08:58:13 pm »
Less than I’d like, as much as my job will allow. I work from home two days a week, I’d prefer three/four at home but I don’t mind the current set up. I get as much done regardless of where I am.

Most underrated Liverpool player of the last 20 years in your eyes? I mean by our fanbase as opposed to the media etc.

I would argue that the section of our fan base that underrates a particular player might very well have been influenced by the media.

Hence, Momo Sissoko who "couldn't pass."

I don't agree at all with that agenda-driven pap, but even if he couldn't pass, what he could do was fucking wreck an entire opposition 11's playing patterns on his own.

Fucking absolute legend. Loved him...

I'll flip DS's question around: most over-rated Liverpool player by our fan base?

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12452 on: September 28, 2022, 09:21:54 pm »
I would argue that the section of our fan base that underrates a particular player might very well have been influenced by the media.

Hence, Momo Sissoko who "couldn't pass."

I don't agree at all with that agenda-driven pap, but even if he couldn't pass, what he could do was fucking wreck an entire opposition 11's playing patterns on his own.

Fucking absolute legend. Loved him...

I'll flip DS's question around: most over-rated Liverpool player by our fan base?

Thiago - Quite slow, not terribly fit, likely to get booked

Who will be PM going into the next GE?
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12453 on: September 28, 2022, 10:00:11 pm »
All those things about Thiago are true and yet I still don’t think he’s overrated. Obscenely talented and majestic player.

It’ll be some poncey loud Tory smeg detritus after Truss and Kwarteng are thumped out of office by the banks. Probably Sunak, Johnson or Badenoch. Maybe that insane one from the army who looks like he has never had a conversation with someone who has no generational wealth - Ben Wallace.

Best ice cream flavour?

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #12454 on: September 29, 2022, 12:08:40 am »
All those things about Thiago are true and yet I still don’t think he’s overrated. Obscenely talented and majestic player.

It’ll be some poncey loud Tory smeg detritus after Truss and Kwarteng are thumped out of office by the banks. Probably Sunak, Johnson or Badenoch. Maybe that insane one from the army who looks like he has never had a conversation with someone who has no generational wealth - Ben Wallace.

Best ice cream flavour?

Stracciatella

Best ice cream eating implement? (Cone, wafer, waffle, cup, other?)
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Online Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12455 on: September 29, 2022, 08:38:25 am »
Stracciatella

Best ice cream eating implement? (Cone, wafer, waffle, cup, other?)
Cone.

Best ice cream sauce/topping?

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12456 on: September 29, 2022, 09:29:43 am »
Chocolate Treat on Vanilla when you were a kid.

Cheapest meal you regularly eat?

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12457 on: September 29, 2022, 11:02:56 am »
Chocolate Treat on Vanilla when you were a kid.

Cheapest meal you regularly eat?

Beans on toast.  Fucking love it.  I sometime go into Tory mode and jazz it up with spam.

Can you recommend any microwave meals ?

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12458 on: September 29, 2022, 11:05:50 am »
Beans on toast.  Fucking love it.  I sometime go into Tory mode and jazz it up with spam.

Can you recommend any microwave meals ?

cross-posted an answer with you so new one

aldi's tuna pasta bake

if there were aliens then how do you think would that affect the world's faiths as most do not reference other beings within their holy literature?
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12459 on: September 29, 2022, 11:19:50 am »
cross-posted an answer with you so new one

aldi's tuna pasta bake

if there were aliens then how do you think would that affect the world's faiths as most do not reference other beings within their holy literature?

The Abrahamic religions will style it out like they did with evolution.  "we didnt say he didnt created Aliens too"
Christians and Muslims think God created Adam and Eve who had 2 sons and this family created humanity yet their only sin was eating apples , they are adept at styling it out

What's an easy money saving time you do 'religiously'?

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12460 on: September 30, 2022, 07:49:25 am »
Always keep shopping bags in the boot of the car and have all plugs in the house switched off that aren’t actively powering something I’m using or that needs to be on. That’s two small contributing ones I can think of.

Do you put a lot of effort into your job or do you do somewhere close to the minimum requirements?

Online anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #12461 on: September 30, 2022, 10:47:13 am »
Always keep shopping bags in the boot of the car and have all plugs in the house switched off that aren’t actively powering something I’m using or that needs to be on. That’s two small contributing ones I can think of.

Do you put a lot of effort into your job or do you do somewhere close to the minimum requirements?

Until recently, I used to go above and beyond... last couple weeks due to a few issues I now just do what's needed

If you could change just 1 thing in the world what would it be?
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline liverbloke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12462 on: September 30, 2022, 11:51:55 am »
Until recently, I used to go above and beyond... last couple weeks due to a few issues I now just do what's needed

If you could change just 1 thing in the world what would it be?

hate to love

even though means son of spion would have to love utd and he'd kill me for that but then he wouldn't because he'd love me - in a platonic way of course

have you ever been bitten by a dog?

Online Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12463 on: September 30, 2022, 01:43:18 pm »
hate to love

even though means son of spion would have to love utd and he'd kill me for that but then he wouldn't because he'd love me - in a platonic way of course

have you ever been bitten by a dog?

Yes, when I was a nipper.

Have you ever been scratched by a cat?

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #12464 on: September 30, 2022, 02:02:34 pm »
Yes, when I was a nipper.

So you bit the dog as well?

Have you ever been scratched by a cat?

I have not. Don't hang around cats. Neither do I fuck with them.

Are you able to tuna fish?

Online Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12465 on: September 30, 2022, 02:47:33 pm »
So you bit the dog as well?

I have not. Don't hang around cats. Neither do I fuck with them.

Are you able to tuna fish?
No, but I can tuna guitar.   ;)

The furthest you have traveled? Mine's Brazil.

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #12466 on: September 30, 2022, 03:12:06 pm »

The furthest you have traveled? Mine's Brazil.

New Zealand at the end of a couple of years travelling.

Favourite travel activity. I love to go scuba diving.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 03:15:01 pm by sheepfest »

Online anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #12467 on: September 30, 2022, 03:27:12 pm »
New Zealand at the end of a couple of years travelling.

Favourite travel activity. I love to go scuba diving.

A bit boring but checking out the museums

Favourite place you've traveled?
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Online Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12468 on: September 30, 2022, 08:58:19 pm »
A bit boring but checking out the museums

Favourite place you've traveled?
Been to quite a few places but never get tired of Belgium or the Algarve.
Feel at home in both places, even though they're a World apart in lifestyles, etc..

Favourite UK City other than Liverpool?

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #12469 on: September 30, 2022, 10:57:58 pm »
Been to quite a few places but never get tired of Belgium or the Algarve.
Feel at home in both places, even though they're a World apart in lifestyles, etc..

Favourite UK City other than Liverpool?

York. Pubs and restaurants galore and despite its tourist throngs an independent spirit if you head off the usual paths.

Favourite Friday night takeaway?

Online Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12470 on: October 1, 2022, 09:54:45 pm »
York. Pubs and restaurants galore and despite its tourist throngs an independent spirit if you head off the usual paths.

Favourite Friday night takeaway?
Chippy Tea

Favourite meat for a Sunday roast.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12471 on: October 2, 2022, 06:02:00 pm »
Chippy Tea

Favourite meat for a Sunday roast.
Lamb every time. Flavour, depth, goes brilliantly with roast potatoes and hard to really screw up

What do you drink with your Sunday roast? For me it's red wine if I'm in a house, cider if it's in the pub.

Online Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12472 on: October 2, 2022, 06:45:53 pm »
Lamb every time. Flavour, depth, goes brilliantly with roast potatoes and hard to really screw up

What do you drink with your Sunday roast? For me it's red wine if I'm in a house, cider if it's in the pub.
White wine in the house and a strongish Lager if in the pub.

What's your favourite pudding?

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #12473 on: October 2, 2022, 06:54:50 pm »
White wine in the house and a strongish Lager if in the pub.

What's your favourite pudding?
Love a home made Crumble. My auntie used to make amazing ones from her home grown fruit. Probably Rhubarb would be my favourite.

What would be your dream job and why?
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12474 on: October 2, 2022, 07:04:16 pm »
Being a reviewer of the worlds best hotels, and being paid all expenses to stay and travel there for 12 weeks, spread over the whole year. But realistically I'd love to have a good well-paid role working for an airline or an airport. Always loved aviation, it's my passion.

What's the worst hotel you've ever stayed at?

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12475 on: October 2, 2022, 09:50:15 pm »
I can’t remember the name and it probably wouldn’t even qualify as a hotel, more a hostel, but I stayed at an extremely ropey, squalid place in Prague when I was backpacking aged 21. Not only did it feel unsafe it was absolutely filthy and nothing worked. Luckily it was only a one night stay.

Best hotel you’ve ever stayed in?

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12476 on: October 2, 2022, 10:17:58 pm »
I can’t remember the name and it probably wouldn’t even qualify as a hotel, more a hostel, but I stayed at an extremely ropey, squalid place in Prague when I was backpacking aged 21. Not only did it feel unsafe it was absolutely filthy and nothing worked. Luckily it was only a one night stay.

Best hotel you’ve ever stayed in?

The Four seasons in Chiang Mai, I can get boreds with Beach type holidays, this is miles from the coast, but its first class for gardens and wildlife.  Food was amazing too

Best holiday destination in Britain?

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12477 on: October 2, 2022, 10:26:14 pm »
Abersoch in North Wales is lovely, great little break there. Otherwise York is a fantastic little City break. I’ve never been Cornwall to know (other than as a young child).

Do you have a specific alcohol that you seem to handle far worse than others?

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12478 on: October 3, 2022, 12:25:02 am »
Never understood the appeal of tequila, does nothing for two hours and then gets you fucked immediately, thereby missing out the best parts of being drunk.

Sugar, caffeine, alcohol, meat, smoking and drugs (if applicable): Which would you find hardest to give up, in order?

Offline liverbloke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12479 on: October 3, 2022, 08:05:18 am »
Never understood the appeal of tequila, does nothing for two hours and then gets you fucked immediately, thereby missing out the best parts of being drunk.

Sugar, caffeine, alcohol, meat, smoking and drugs (if applicable): Which would you find hardest to give up, in order?

hardest - meat, my favourite being chicken
next - sugar, i have a sweet tooth
alcohol - i'm not a big drinker at all
smoking - i only smoked between the ages of 11 and 13 because i thought i was hard (i wasn't but it worked)
drug - i only ever smoked a few joints when i was a teenager going through art school (was offered a lot more but politely declined)

if the whole world turned vegetarian overnight how would it affect you?