The Liverpool FC Forum > The Boozer

Ask - R(ob)AWK replies

<< < (3748/3859) > >>

WhereAngelsPlay:

--- Quote from: The G in Gerrard on September 20, 2023, 06:04:10 am ---Best place to get personalized t shirts from?

--- End quote ---

Don't know about best but I've got a few from optimal print, not looked anywhere else as I use them for photo prints and other stuff.

reddebs:
Anyone any idea which star was visible over Liverpool way at dawn this morning?

I'm guessing it was Jupiter due to its size.

Ghost Town:

--- Quote from: reddebs on September 21, 2023, 04:09:20 pm ---Anyone any idea which star was visible over Liverpool way at dawn this morning?

I'm guessing it was Jupiter due to its size.

--- End quote ---
Low down or high up?

Jupiter was quite high in the sky in the south, but the really bright one lower down in the east was Venus.

Both planets, of course, not stars

reddebs:

--- Quote from: Ghost Town on September 21, 2023, 04:48:44 pm ---Low down or high up?

Jupiter was quite high in the sky in the south, but the really bright one lower down in the east was Venus.

Both planets, of course, not stars

--- End quote ---

High up looking at the photo I got of the sunrise but from where I am it was to the east, definitely not my south.

Ghost Town:

--- Quote from: reddebs on September 21, 2023, 04:52:15 pm ---High up looking at the photo I got of the sunrise but from where I am it was to the east, definitely not my south.

--- End quote ---
I was out and about and driving about 4am; Jupiter was about 50 degrees up in the southern sky. So if you think of the horizon as 0 degrees and directly above your head as 90 degress, Jupiter was more than half way up.

Venus was only about 10 -15 degrees or so up from the horizon in the east, being chased by the rising sun

It was a beautiful early dawn to be out and about in

EDIT: Just saw that you took a picture of the sunrise, so it depends on what time exactly. By 6.45 to 7.00am ish, when the sun rose Venus would have been much higher, arouund 30-35 degrees, so it looks like that's what you saw if it was in the lead up to the sunrise

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version