The Liverpool FC Forum > Liverpool FC Forum

Help needed with book idea (posted on RAOTL)

(1/2) > >>

Jamie:
Whilst visiting this forum over the last couple of years, I have read some fascinating accounts of the experiences that fellow supporters have had whilst watching the Reds in Europe. These fans’ reports have covered far-flung places from Kiev to Liberec and also those slightly closer to home like Coventry and Newcastle. Having been entertained by all these varied reports, it struck me that if they were all put together in one archive it would make a fine collection of travel writing. I know it probably won’t win this year’s Booker Prize, but I think it could be a great way to relive all those memories we’ve had whilst being abroad with Liverpool. The collection could be called something like ‘The Kop in Europe’ or ‘A Kopite’s Guide to Europe’.

Consequently, instead of thinking that this was a good idea and then never doing anything about it, I have decided to put this into motion and started to compile an archive of all the accounts that I can find. Which is where you lot come in!

Firstly, I’d be interested to find out if people would be interested in reading/owning a collection like this or even if people think that it is a good (or bad) idea. Please mail me below with any feedback/ideas.

Secondly, if anybody has written up the experiences that they have had whilst following the Reds around Europe over the last 2 years then I’d be very grateful if you would mail them to me at the address below. Obviously, I will always seek permission to use the article and all contributions will be credited.

Thirdly, does anybody know who put the Hillsborough poems together into one collection for the HJC?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

YNWA.

Jamie. (jamie25@lfcmail.co.uk)

cyn:
Jamie, are you the same Jamie who did a radio interview about Hillsborough?

Jamie:
I'm afraid not!

cyn:
The book idea is excellent - especially if part of the proceeds is intended to go to the HJC!

king_of_the_kop:
I'd be willing to help so would my da who is 70

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version