Author Topic: Anfield Road Redevelopment  (Read 306081 times)

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Re: Anfield Road Redevelopment
« Reply #120 on: April 4, 2017, 07:17:17 pm »
Nice work! So how many would something like that add as you have drawn it? Would say possible to do in theory but not practical and way way to expensive for something similar to that.

That's what you described so should add 3,000 although the seat spacing on the replacement seats for the old ARE Upper would mean a few less. As I said, it's quick and dirty/rule of thumb but gives an idea.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Macred

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #121 on: April 4, 2017, 07:22:46 pm »
Yep, sorry looked at it again and see how it works, thought there was a few extra rows on the back on first view.  That's great thanks.

Going to be interesting to see what they do do... unless they say we have drawn all different models and looked at the economics of each and none work financially. Hope that isnt the case. The ARE as in the outline looks immense, if they make it bigger again it will only add to Anfield's oppressive feel (which I like).

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #122 on: April 4, 2017, 07:24:24 pm »
The infills at the back of the Kop and narrowing the isles in the centenary are very much the model they used at Fenway Park..

Makes me wonder what other clever tricks could be pulled..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #123 on: April 4, 2017, 09:13:31 pm »
Maybe they are looking at my idea of building an aubergine Kop at the Annie Road End.... and then putting a second tier on the existing Kop.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: April 4, 2017, 09:30:59 pm »
Maybe they are looking at my idea of building an aubergine Kop at the Annie Road End.... and then putting a second tier on the existing Kop.

A what?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline The Lord Admiral

• Anny Roader
« Reply #125 on: April 4, 2017, 11:31:38 pm »
If you hear anything lettuce know. FSG don't carrot all about the Kop.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #126 on: April 5, 2017, 08:00:53 am »
Potato

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #127 on: April 5, 2017, 08:20:03 am »

Aubergine Annie Road Kop you say.....?

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #128 on: April 5, 2017, 09:19:22 am »
I imagine they'll be looking at doing something similar to the holte end at villa park. We really need to sort out both corners between the main and centenary as there horrendous at the minute and should be able to add a few thousand to the capacity if done properly.

Offline Macred

• Main Stander
« Reply #129 on: April 6, 2017, 02:43:30 pm »
Aubergine Annie Road Kop you say.....?

Indeed he did say.... and I can only envisage one thing.....  so over to you....

Offline mkd

• Kemlynite
« Reply #130 on: April 6, 2017, 03:07:32 pm »
Excuse my ignorance, but wouldn't a triple tier stand with overhangs on the 2nd and 3rd tier allow for more seats whilst staying inside the maximum distance guidelines?
What we achieve in life, echoes in eternity

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: April 6, 2017, 05:27:42 pm »
Excuse my ignorance, but wouldn't a triple tier stand with overhangs on the 2nd and 3rd tier allow for more seats whilst staying inside the maximum distance guidelines?

It's not just maximum viewing distance you have to consider. As I said further up, the more you over lap the steeper the stand has to be if the people at the back are going to be able to see the near touchline.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #132 on: April 6, 2017, 05:49:44 pm »
Hahaha spell checker gone mad.....Uber Kop....I.e. A big one

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: April 6, 2017, 08:11:16 pm »
It's not just maximum viewing distance you have to consider. As I said further up, the more you over lap the steeper the stand has to be if the people at the back are going to be able to see the near touchline.

The Etihad looks like you need climbing gear to get to the back rows

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline GoldenGloves25

• Kopite
  • You are a reptile, Carmichael!!
« Reply #134 on: April 6, 2017, 11:04:12 pm »
The Etihad looks like you need climbing gear to get to the back rows

Thats a 6000 seat top tier. If the new ARE is just double tier - you´d imagine it to be around the same height but a further back rake as the middle tier here would be the bottom 20 or so rows of the second tier.
A slave to rhythm and the fickle nature of charm.

Offline The Lord Admiral

• Anny Roader
« Reply #135 on: April 7, 2017, 08:50:13 am »
The infills at the back of the Kop and narrowing the isles in the centenary are very much the model they used at Fenway Park..

Makes me wonder what other clever tricks could be pulled..

someone has just pointed out how the centenary stand doesn't go the whole way down the touchline, there's a big gap where the scoreboard commentary box is. Never noticed it before but it comes up well short.

http://i.imgur.com/EiOGmLL.jpg

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: April 7, 2017, 09:19:16 am »
someone has just pointed out how the centenary stand doesn't go the whole way down the touchline, there's a big gap where the scoreboard commentary box is. Never noticed it before but it comes up well short.

Isn't that because Kop 109 effectively continues the run down the rest of the touchline?

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #137 on: April 7, 2017, 09:27:27 am »

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: April 7, 2017, 10:21:47 am »

It goes all the way down the touch line. I've sat in the last seats in that top corner and was definitely in line with the goal line.

This picture is from the Main Stand opposite. The Centenary is pretty much exactly in line with the touchline.
« Last Edit: April 7, 2017, 10:24:26 am by Alan_X »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline The Lord Admiral

• Anny Roader
« Reply #139 on: April 7, 2017, 01:50:59 pm »
Have a look at the pic and you'll what I'm getting at. I see what you mean, re the touch line, I've just described it inaccurately.

Offline Macred

• Main Stander
« Reply #140 on: April 7, 2017, 03:59:39 pm »
It's just the upper tier isnt it. But you cant do anything about that as the goal post thing is in the way.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: April 7, 2017, 09:35:40 pm »

Thats down to the shape of the old Kop, it curved around and the old Kemlyn stopped where the aisle is below the edge of the scoreboard

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline The Lord Admiral

• Anny Roader
« Reply #142 on: April 8, 2017, 03:25:43 am »
Nice pic Rob.

Offline The Lord Admiral

• Anny Roader
« Reply #143 on: April 8, 2017, 03:27:42 am »
God I loved the old Kop.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: April 8, 2017, 04:24:04 am »
That must be sometime after 1992. Centenary stand and that three stripes on the shoulder Adidas kit.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: April 8, 2017, 05:48:29 am »
That must be sometime after 1992. Centenary stand and that three stripes on the shoulder Adidas kit.

According to the site its the last day v Norwich

Offline poopscoop

• Kopite
  • And what a delighted scorer – it's Tommy Smith!
« Reply #146 on: April 8, 2017, 01:48:52 pm »
Those kids sitting on top of the exit wall would have the shit stewarded out of them today.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #147 on: April 8, 2017, 03:31:40 pm »
Those kids sitting on top of the exit wall would have the shit stewarded out of them today.
Image what the stewards would have made of the urchins who used to climb up into the rafters of the old Spion Kop.  ;D
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #148 on: April 8, 2017, 09:59:24 pm »
According to the site its the last day v Norwich
I stood in the Kop that last day....... me and everyone around me in tears

Offline Macred

• Main Stander
« Reply #149 on: April 16, 2017, 09:54:42 am »
Liverpool FC appear to now own the Road behind the AR stand.

Plan in November shows they own the ground (obviously) and the land opposite but not the road.

The plan below this was submitted last week (relating to the shop) but you will note that the road as marked in blue is now owned by the club... should we get excited?!

« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 11:45:50 am by Macred »

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: April 16, 2017, 11:23:27 pm »
Can't open this.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: April 18, 2017, 07:49:37 am »
Liverpool FC appear to now own the Road behind the AR stand.

Plan in November shows they own the ground (obviously) and the land opposite but not the road.

The plan below this was submitted last week (relating to the shop) but you will note that the road as marked in blue is now owned by the club... should we get excited?!

Can't see those - I looked at some other applications dated 4th April and they all show the road not in LFC ownership. What's the application number?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline laddo

• Forum Perv
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: April 18, 2017, 11:32:45 am »
I wouldn't take too much from that. I think from memory that Anfield Road will be subject to a stopping up order if the stand goes ahead. As it's still a public highway (as far as I'm aware) it won't be in the club's ownership yet.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Macred

• Main Stander
« Reply #154 on: April 18, 2017, 11:46:47 am »

Offline emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #155 on: April 18, 2017, 12:54:23 pm »
I wouldn't take too much from that. I think from memory that Anfield Road will be subject to a stopping up order if the stand goes ahead. As it's still a public highway (as far as I'm aware) it won't be in the club's ownership yet.

It definitely could be owned by the club. The club would have to pay for any maintenance of it, but it would still be a 'public' highway in all other regards.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: April 18, 2017, 01:52:31 pm »
It definitely could be owned by the club. The club would have to pay for any maintenance of it, but it would still be a 'public' highway in all other regards.

Possibly but the 4th April detail plans show the road as not in the club's ownership and a far less detailed plan a couple of weeks later includes it. I'm sure there would be a record of transfer somewhere and couldn't find anything.

My guess is that the location plan for works to the shop on WBR is less detailed, more simplistic and the other plans relating to works around Anfield Road are more accurate.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: April 18, 2017, 08:43:34 pm »
Oh for fucks sake. Why encourage bollocks like this? Meady's designs are more realistic.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline laddo

• Forum Perv
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: April 18, 2017, 10:07:02 pm »