Author Topic: Player Arrivals on Match Day  (Read 11440 times)

Offline AZOffaly

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Player Arrivals on Match Day
« on: September 21, 2016, 01:08:49 pm »
Hi All,

I'm coming over from Ireland for the Hull game this weekend, bringing my 9 year old son and 7 year old nephew. It's the nephew's first trip to Anfield, and I was hoping to get out to the ground early and see the players arrive. Last time I was over with my little lad, we managed to get close to the players' entrance at the back of the old Main Stand, and he saw the bus pull up, and the players get out. He also saw Robbie Fowler, Kenny Dalglish and John Aldridge arriving in their cars there too. He was delighted with himself, especially when Robbie Fowler said hello to him.

I'd love to give my nephew the same introduction to the Anfield pilrimage, but I'm not sure how things might be affected with the new development. Was anyone at the Leicester game in time for player arrivals, and if so, was there any difference in terms of the protocol there, or is it even possible anymore to get a glimpse of them coming in? Our tickets are in the centenary stand, Kop end, so they'll see them warming up in front of them anyway, but the buzz of seeing them arrive is exciting for young lads.

Appreciate any help or advice lads/ladies.

Thanks a million.

Offline macksmate

• Main Stander
Re: Player Arrivals on Match Day
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 01:36:50 pm »
players coach now enters stadium so no real chance to see anybody now.  Only way is to go to where the shankly gates have been relocated at the entrance to centenary stand parking, players who are injured or not playing park up there and will often give autographs, plenty of chance to take pics.

Online CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 01:38:08 pm »
To my understanding mate, they drive straight in and under the stand now. Not sure of the smoke bomb mob may be out if force to give them a welcome like, but worth getting up to the ground and having a walk around the new stadium, its a Ron Yeats of a stand!

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline AZOffaly

• Boys Pen
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 01:43:24 pm »
To my understanding mate, they drive straight in and under the stand now. Not sure of the smoke bomb mob may be out if force to give them a welcome like, but worth getting up to the ground and having a walk around the new stadium, its a Ron Yeats of a stand!

Absolutely we'll be there early anyway. I love just being around the place! Thanks lads.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2016, 08:50:05 pm »
If you hang around the centenary car park after the game you can usually catch some of the players going back to their cars. Think some of them get their wives/girlfriends to take their cars in there as I've bumped into a few over time who have been playing that day, Lallana and Ojo were the last 2 I saw after the Chelsea game last season.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Tim159

• Boys Pen
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2016, 02:06:34 pm »
AZOffaly - how did you get on last weekend - I'm hoping to bring my young fella (aged 9) over to Anfield for the first time this season. Any chance of seeing players anywhere? Did you do the stadium tour with them?

Tim.

Offline Grand Chilli

• Main Stander
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2016, 09:03:10 pm »
I was at the Hull game with a mate whose first visit it was, so he was desperate to do all the touristy stuff.  We hung around and saw a few players going out to their cars afterwards - some of them stopped to sign autographs through the gates, but it's hard to say you'd definitely get close enough as it was quite busy. I saw about half a dozen then had to go get a bus into town so I dunno how many others came out that way.

The only person that came out the gates on foot was Phil Babb, which non-plussed a few of the younger fans :)

Like someone said, arrivals aren't so exciting as I think all you see is a big coach driving into a tunnel.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2016, 03:46:31 am »
Get there nice and early whilst the players sit behind their blacked out windows, completely oblivious to you with their Dre Beats pumped up to the max.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!