Author Topic: Line of Duty  (Read 87058 times)

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Line of Duty
« Reply #120 on: April 21, 2016, 01:15:25 pm »
The series has hammered home one point though far better than any other crime drama ive seen. just how and why a lot of these powerful pedophiles escaped justice. the people who cover there tracks are not always doing it because there involved in the abuse themselves. they've been blackmailed into it after breaking a law themselves in the past.
It's something we've all know anyway and it's no surprise but makes you understand why such incompetent police officers gained a high position in the police force. the powerful people made sure they did so investigations and evidence disappeared.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 01:17:19 pm by oldfordie »
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: April 21, 2016, 03:17:25 pm »
Literally cannot wait for this tonight.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #122 on: April 21, 2016, 06:31:36 pm »
Neither can I. The trouble is though this show is flying by, soon it will be over. Then we will have that long wait for series four.  :(
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Igor Tripod Biscan

• Got it, got off it, got on with it. Is rice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #123 on: April 21, 2016, 09:58:30 pm »
FUCK YES

WHAT A FKIN SHOW
Liverpool is the pool of life.
Carl Jung, 1961.  Alan Partridge didn't ask for a second season you meff

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #124 on: April 21, 2016, 10:01:49 pm »
Wow. Excellent stuff.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: April 21, 2016, 10:07:09 pm »
TV doesn't get any better than that.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: April 21, 2016, 10:07:41 pm »
Jeez that was gripping, still worried for Steve though. Having said that hopefully it implements Dot too.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: April 21, 2016, 10:10:27 pm »
Wow

Next Thursday is gonna be an epic 180 minutes.

LFC in a European semi and then a 90 minute LOD finale.

CANT WAIT!! :)

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: April 22, 2016, 01:55:53 am »
Wow, what an episode. writers must go over it forensically.
Spoiler
Another baddy turns out to be a goody so Steves got a friend who knows what's going on.
How the hell can Cotton shoot her at point blank and not leave some sort of clue behind. This Caddy fella had better get what he deserves next week, the ba.. going and try and frame Steve for shooting Lindsay as that was deffo Steves license plate number on the car he drove at the end of the episode. going to be some script if they can make this caddy out to be a goody in the next series though.  :)
[close]
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #129 on: April 22, 2016, 02:28:33 am »
This show gets more gripping by the week superb tonight.
Kenny Godglish

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: April 22, 2016, 08:01:38 am »
Wow, what an episode. writers must go over it forensically.
Spoiler
Another baddy turns out to be a goody so Steves got a friend who knows what's going on.
How the hell can Cotton shoot her at point blank and not leave some sort of clue behind. This Caddy fella had better get what he deserves next week, the ba.. going and try and frame Steve for shooting Lindsay as that was deffo Steves license plate number on the car he drove at the end of the episode. going to be some script if they can make this caddy out to be a goody in the next series though.  :)
[close]

My loose thoughts on last episode possibilities and stuff.

Spoiler
Yeah mate, I'm gonna punch the walls if The Caddy isn't caught this series.  Surely the writers won't stretch it out? Dot is a very desperate man now and covered in Alice Denton's blood and Gunshot residue.  He's is a slippery bastard though and the good guy doesn't always win in this series..so who knows!!

That uber MILF bitch Gill is heavily involved in this somewhere but I bet she sneaks her way out of it.

The lad who plays poor abused Joe is a fantastic actor and sure I've seen him some other stuff.

Loved the interview with the mutton chop face, ex-Chief Superintendent.  Kate applying the pressure is questioning and his reactions were superb. Good actor is George Costigan for sure.

I'm a bit confused as to why Dot was so intent on the list not getting to AC-12 as I don't think his name was on it.  I suppose he's worried if all the names on the list all get pulled in for questioning one of them will drop him in it.  I wonder if Dot was at the home at the time of the abuse too? He wasn't on the photo of the football team but that doesnt mean he wasnt at the home and he may have changed his name when he left the home.

In fact YES...I reckon Dot was abused too at the home and that's how he was also recruited.  We shall see.
[close]

Offline Jonny-B

• Kopite
« Reply #131 on: April 22, 2016, 08:31:59 am »
Absolutely amazing. Keeley Hawes is incredible.

Spoiler
I think next week Arnott will be arrested as Dot used his car etc, what i don't know is whether he'll go down for it this series or not. It was recommisioned for series 4 at the same time as series 3 so they might play the long game on it. I hope not though. As if he gets away with it this time it would go into the realms of the ludicrous.

Question? Who do we think Denton sent the list to?

[close]

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #132 on: April 22, 2016, 09:01:19 am »
That was pretty dramatic stuff. The plot and the scenes are full of stuff going on, but overall it's very lean drama, i.e. there's no 'filler' scenes, they all go right to the heart of the story and are all superbly well acted. Brilliant. The Mrs was watching through her fingers!

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: April 22, 2016, 09:31:12 am »

Spoiler

Question? Who do we think Denton sent the list to?

[close]

Spoiler
She sent it to Ted. It was his email address.
[close]

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: April 22, 2016, 09:33:28 am »

Spoiler
Yeah mate, I'm gonna punch the walls if The Caddy isn't caught this series.  Surely the writers won't stretch it out? Dot is a very desperate man now and covered in Alice Denton's blood and Gunshot residue.  He's is a slippery bastard though and the good guy doesn't always win in this series..so who knows!!

The lad who plays poor abused Joe is a fantastic actor and sure I've seen him some other stuff.

[close]

Spoiler
Maybe catch Dot this season. Then next season they are going after the people above him.

He played Robin Hood in the Saturday night BBC series. I also remember him from teachers.
[close]

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: April 22, 2016, 09:42:46 am »
I was finally beginning to like Denton, and then....
The Jimmy Savile inclusion was a touch weird, though.
Love the series.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 09:44:47 am by HarryLabrador »
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: April 22, 2016, 09:56:09 am »
He played Robin Hood in the Saturday night BBC series. I also remember him from teachers.

Jonus Armstrong.

Just looked at his Bio and its from a C4 Drama called 'Ghost Squad' that ran about 10 years ago that I  remember him from.

Coincidentally, it was also about a Police corruption squad.  Pretty good series if I remember right.

Offline Jonny-B

• Kopite
« Reply #137 on: April 22, 2016, 10:46:44 am »
Spoiler
She sent it to Ted. It was his email address.
[close]

Thanks. Missed that.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: April 22, 2016, 11:45:45 am »

Spoiler

That uber MILF bitch Gill is heavily involved in this somewhere but I bet she sneaks her way out of it.

Loved the interview with the mutton chop face, ex-Chief Superintendent.  Kate applying the pressure is questioning and his reactions were superb. Good actor is George Costigan for sure.

I'm a bit confused as to why Dot was so intent on the list not getting to AC-12 as I don't think his name was on it.  I suppose he's worried if all the names on the list all get pulled in for questioning one of them will drop him in it.  I wonder if Dot was at the home at the time of the abuse too? He wasn't on the photo of the football team but that doesnt mean he wasnt at the home and he may have changed his name when he left the home.

In fact YES...I reckon Dot was abused too at the home and that's how he was also recruited.  We shall see.
[close]
Spoiler
Yeah, Seems everyone of them are being blackmailed into covering all the abuse up. the more covering up they do the more they drop themselves in it.
As you say Gill is in on the act as well. she has some dirt on Jackson over something completely unconnected and he now knows it. she mentioned to him It's not the biggest mistake you've ever made as she left his office. so she will try and force him to play a part in the cover up.
Some amazing well thought out scenes, brilliant acting by Joe as you say Pete., he was brought in to look at some police photos to identify who he made the complaint too. his reaction to seeing Fairbank made me think Fairbank not only covered it up but played a part in the abuse as well. anyone seeing Joe react by wrenching and throwing up so spontaneously after just a brief glimpse of the photo like that would be absolutely sure Joe was telling the truth. we never heard Joes answer when seeing Fairbanks photo so have a feeling Joe told her he abused him. brilliant writing.one scene tells it all. not much evidence in itself but Flemings convinced so shes the undercover good guy. same with the ex super Fairbank being on first name terms with the ex councillor abuser. calling him Dale when he said they only met very occasionally. not enough to convict but Flemming picked up on that and enough for her to go after him.
Not sure if Cotton played a part in the abuse himself as he says he was pushed into joining the police force to do their dirty work from the inside which implys they did it not him. would he need pushing into it if he also wanted it covering up as well but he must have come into contact with them for some reason and Sands View seems the only place I agree, all part of the fun of working this all out, I would have arrested all of them up to now in this series so tune in again for another completely different theory next week  :)
[close]
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 12:09:35 pm by oldfordie »
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: April 22, 2016, 12:26:54 pm »
Last episode next week Fordie so our theories will hopefully be proved fact or fiction. :)

Spoiler
Surely Dot is too young to have been part of the abusers circle.  The more I think about it, the more I am convinced he was also one of the abused children. The actor who plays Dot is just 2-5 years older than actors who played the abused Danny and Joe.

I reckon Dot was one of the first boys to be abused at Stansview, before moving on to be the Caddy at the golf club and then recruited.

[close]

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: April 22, 2016, 12:44:49 pm »
Last episode next week Fordie so our theories will hopefully be proved fact or fiction. :)

Spoiler
Surely Dot is too young to have been part of the abusers circle.  The more I think about it, the more I am convinced he was also one of the abused children. The actor who plays Dot is just 2-5 years older than actors who played the abused Danny and Joe.

I reckon Dot was one of the first boys to be abused at Stansview, before moving on to be the Caddy at the golf club and then recruited.

[close]
I hope it is all cleared up Pete but one thing we've learned about LOD is every series is connected to previous series so unless this is the final series then have a feeling some baddy is going to walk away the goody again :)

Spoiler
You may be right Pete but not sure the word recruited fits Cotton, he was forced into it when he was as good as a kid he says.
If Cotton was abused but played no part in the abuse then i cant see him being recruited, he would be trying to get them prosecuted rather than helping them so am thinking he wasn't abused but they must have something on Cotton completely unconnected and they used it to force him to join the police force. that could be anything really so Ive no idea what it is but you have to wonder why Cotton was sent to the children's home in the first place if he was there of course, maybe that's something to do with it.  as you say. we shall see  :)
[close]
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 01:17:19 pm by oldfordie »
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Jonny-B

• Kopite
« Reply #141 on: April 22, 2016, 12:47:04 pm »
I hope it is all cleared up Pete but one thing we've learned about LOD is every series is connected to previous series so unless this is the final series then have a feeling some baddy is going to walk away the goody again :)

Spoiler
You may be right Pete but not sure the word recruited fits Cotton, he was forced into it when he was as good as a kid he says.
If Cotton was abused but played no part in the abuse then i cant see him being recruited, he would be trying to get them prosecuted rather than helping them so am thinking he wasn't abused but they must have something on Cotton completely unconnected and they used it to force him to join the police force. that could anything really so Ive no idea what it is but you have to wonder why Cotton was sent to the children's home in the first place if he was there of course, maybe that's something to do with it.  as you say. we shall see  :)
[close]

Series 4 has already been commissioned.

I don't think we'll get full closure. There will certainly be more fish to fry.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: April 22, 2016, 02:09:23 pm »
Series 4 has already been commissioned.

I don't think we'll get full closure. There will certainly be more fish to fry.
Thanks Johnny, never knew another series had been commissioned. love it to be out next year but theres been a gap of 18 months - 2 yrs between each series so probably sometime 2018. hope am wrong. hope theres another series of Happy Valley as well.
The standard of writing this last year had been on a different level to anything shown on tv before. brilliant.
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #143 on: April 22, 2016, 04:37:12 pm »
Wow just wow.

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #144 on: April 22, 2016, 07:37:18 pm »
Just binged series 1 and 2 before the series (not season!) 3 finale

One small thing that gets a bit irritating is the smash zoom that they constantly use (not sure of that is the right term) - Starts on a full body shot, someone says something, then it zooms quickly (and a bit shaky) then someone says something again and it zooms quickly (and shaky) etc

Its used over and over and over (only really noticed it after watching a few episodes back to back) but it gets to be a bit irritating

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #145 on: April 22, 2016, 07:50:34 pm »
Just watched it. Incredible stuff
Spoiler
Poor Linsday. Very powerful scene at the end. She did a better work than the whole AC-12 department combined.

PS: First it was Happy Valley, LOD twice now I think that Jimmy Savile is mentioned. Is this their way to say sorry they didn't do anything about it?

PS: I love Hastings.
[close]

« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 10:57:07 am by Yiannis »
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #146 on: April 23, 2016, 05:08:50 am »
Spoiler
I missed the Saville reference, was it the guy with the beard, who was supposed to be involved in the childs home, but only exposed as involved in the abuse when the lad threw up in the interview room?
[close]
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #147 on: April 23, 2016, 06:53:35 am »
Spoiler
no mate - it was the long blond haired twat in the track suit with the jewellery and the big cigar. They showed a picture of him in the interview with the retired policeman.
[close]
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #148 on: April 23, 2016, 08:22:37 pm »
Just watched series 3 episode 5.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #149 on: April 23, 2016, 09:26:58 pm »
Spoiler
no mate - it was the long blond haired twat in the track suit with the jewellery and the big cigar. They showed a picture of him in the interview with the retired policeman.
[close]

Spoiler
Ah I might have popped into the kitchen at that point then - ta
[close]

Offline Anthony

• Snot a Sailing Specialist. Has not signed for Manchester United. Misses Santa's knee!!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We don't need anyone to tell us this is golden...
« Reply #150 on: April 24, 2016, 08:20:04 am »
Spoiler
Well, Keeley's definitely not in a coma this time...
[close]

Caught the last two episodes of series 2 a few weeks ago when I couldn't sleep - downloaded the whole series to my new Sky HD box - without realising they would be deleted automatically :duh

Up to date with S3 now and looking forward to the finale

Spoiler
Definitely agree that it would make sense to carry this forward to the 4th series if they knew it was coming when this is written - the logical plot is that Steve goes down - but they do like to take a sudden twist, this lot...
[close]
"We will win the European Cup one day. Aim for the moon and end up among the stars" - Gérard Houllier 2001

Thankyou Rafa and Jürgen  for taking us to Heaven!

"Hicks could have purchased Dallas' MLS franchise but decided not to. 'In hindsight, I probably made the wrong decision' he said" - Sports Illustrated/AP 2007

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #151 on: April 24, 2016, 08:28:38 pm »
Not sure of the source but...

Spoiler

Series (not season - that's a dirty americanism) 3 finale - Final confrontation between 2 main characters

https://youtu.be/o6XqchJiZ5s

[close]

« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 05:02:55 am by Alan_X »

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #152 on: April 26, 2016, 01:52:58 am »
Not sure of the source but...

Spoiler

Series (not season - that's a dirty americanism) 3 finale - Final confrontation between 2 main characters

https://youtu.be/o6XqchJiZ5s

[close]

Spoiler
:lmao
[close]

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: April 28, 2016, 06:24:09 pm »
Good week for corrupt coppers being brought to justice.

You never know with this show though. Surely Cotton won't get away with it again?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: April 28, 2016, 10:50:11 pm »
Wow that was stunning entertainment. Don't miss it folks it is quite spell bounding.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #155 on: April 29, 2016, 02:14:29 am »
FUCK
HING
HELL

Amazing.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: April 29, 2016, 02:31:13 am »
Where can I watch this online?

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #157 on: April 29, 2016, 02:49:27 am »
This series BBC.

The rest, try Primewire or torrents.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: April 29, 2016, 03:18:34 am »
Incredible series,wow
Spoiler
So who was Dot trying to phone,why did Dot try to stop Flemming being shot.
What was Dots dying confession.  I thought it was impossible but they've only gone and done it again. made Dot into the good guy in the next series. :o  saving Flemming's life as he didn't abuse anyone and at last found a conscience + giving them the leads to catch the baddy's in his dying confession. :)
[close]
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Zeppelin

• Funds hate.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hammer of the Gods
« Reply #159 on: April 29, 2016, 07:43:17 am »
That was gripping... we were so tense afterwards we had to watch the Channel 5 'Secret life of puppies' to calm us down before going to bed!