Author Topic: Line of Duty  (Read 87303 times)

Offline NA_

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Line of Duty
« on: February 20, 2014, 11:22:11 pm »
Wow. Bloody amazing, one of very few good British drama's.

I watched the first season a few years ago an thoroughly enjoyed it and was gutted when the 1st season finished. Didn't realise there would be a second season but delighted when I spotted on iPlayer recently, well recommended! :wave

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
Re: Line of Duty
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 11:39:55 pm »
Like you, I watched the first series, loved it but then completely forgot about it. Watched both new episodes last night and it really is a great show.

Offline andym41

• Kopite
  • Done the treble
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 02:36:54 pm »
Loved the first series but the 2nd after two episodes looks even better

The interview of Denton was absolutely riveting

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 04:20:32 pm »
Love it.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 11:31:23 pm »
Wow just caught up with this on catch up. Brilliant series, you really don't know who the good and bad people are. Keeley Hawes is brilliant in her portrayal of Denton, really wouldn't want to get into a poker game with her.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2014, 04:44:40 pm »
I have got to say this show is so underrated. Last night's episode was just brilliantly done. The way Jed Mercurio writes each episodes, with a twist each time. Last night's end was fantastic viewing the interview with Dryden was just a superb piece of television. Especially as the guy starts off in his usual arrogant way. Then as they show him each piece of evidence, he begins to wilt and crack.

I still think personally that both Dryden and Denton are being played here. Each seem so determined to pin everything on the other one, but I get a feeling in the background there is someone pulling the strings. I can't wait for the final episode.

Something else too, if this was Scandinavian or American people would be shouting about it from the rooftops. I find it quite of sad that so few people actually watch this, anyone who hasn't given it a chance, I really recommend it.

Offline viteslesrouges

• Legacy Fan
  • Games : 535. Won : 308. Drawn : 131. Lost : 96
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2014, 04:48:28 pm »
I have got to say this show is so underrated. Last night's episode was just brilliantly done. The way Jed Mercurio writes each episodes, with a twist each time. Last night's end was fantastic viewing the interview with Dryden was just a superb piece of television. Especially as the guy starts off in his usual arrogant way. Then as they show him each piece of evidence, he begins to wilt and crack.

I still think personally that both Dryden and Denton are being played here. Each seem so determined to pin everything on the other one, but I get a feeling in the background there is someone pulling the strings. I can't wait for the final episode.

Something else too, if this was Scandinavian or American people would be shouting about it from the rooftops. I find it quite of sad that so few people actually watch this, anyone who hasn't given it a chance, I really recommend it.

Completely agree.

80% of the way in and I still don't know who's really bad and who's bad, but it's a cracking watch.

I loved Hasting's dilemma and wasn't sure which way he would go. His wife showed herself up as what she is too  ;D
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 05:17:17 pm by viteslesrouges »
You made me forget myself, I thought I was someone else, someone good.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2014, 06:48:32 pm »
It is brilliant, compulsive viewing - I change my mind from week to week who is the baddie here.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2014, 07:19:59 pm »
Completely agree.

80% of the way in and I still don't know who's really bad and who's bad, but it's a cracking watch.

I loved Hasting's dilemma and wasn't sure which way he would go. His wife showed herself up as what she is too  ;D

His wife was a right cow, wants him to lose his respectability so she can go cruising! You were right about Hastings though. You could see the struggle he had throughout this one. I was thinking they might play on his money problems, which pressure him into taking the wrong decision. But I'm glad he chose to go after Dryden. It would be nice to think there is one copper who believes in doing the right thing.

Offline Stubbins

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2014, 08:15:44 am »

Agree completely. In fact it's so good you can see the Americans having a go at their own version much as they did with The Killing.

The first season was outstanding but you knew early on that the cop they were investigating had crossed the line. In this season we're 5 episodes in with only one to go and I'm still unsure of where it's taking us.

Keeley Hawes, what a revelation she's been. There was nothing in her previous roles that I'd seen that suggested she could put in a performance like she has. And Adrian Dunbar is superb as always. You can see all his inner conflict but in an understated way.

As said elsewhere. Compulsive stuff.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2014, 09:25:39 am »
Been an excellent series.  A couple more twists left I reckon.

Offline Gringo fore

• Kemlynite
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2014, 10:57:11 pm »
Agree with everything said on this post. A fantastic series that is compulsive viewing. If it had been produced by America, it would have cleaned up all awards and it would have a prime slot on Sky Atlantic.

Offline ashy9

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2014, 05:27:54 am »
Yep, this series has been fantastic I've been hooked every week and Hawes has played it brilliantly.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2014, 07:29:14 am »
So many holes in this programme but it is good

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2014, 11:18:27 am »
Just watched all of season 1 and every episode of season 2 to date, started at 11pm last night and I currently look and smell like shit.

Fantastic show.
:D

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2014, 12:04:12 pm »
Tonight isn't it? Can't wait.

Offline Cave_Wang

• Anny Roader
  • "Only Steven Gerrard can do that"
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2014, 10:22:59 pm »
Haven't watched any of this series, but I did the last. Seems to be getting some very positive reviews! Might just need to do similarly to Kashinoda...

Offline istvan kozma

• Legacy Fan
  • "We have dreams and songs to sing"
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2014, 01:09:46 am »
Confused at the end, who actually set up the ambush?. I know Denton's gone down for it, but why would she want other coopers to be killed?.

Offline Stubbins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2014, 08:07:44 am »

Gripping to the end I thought, though a bit ambiguous and more than a few loose ends left. I'm guessing the 'Caddy' and his role in it all is going to feature large in the next season.

Offline viteslesrouges

• Legacy Fan
  • Games : 535. Won : 308. Drawn : 131. Lost : 96
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2014, 12:41:27 pm »
Gripping to the end I thought, though a bit ambiguous and more than a few loose ends left. I'm guessing the 'Caddy' and his role in it all is going to feature large in the next season.

I agree with this though had considered Dot as a baddy but it seems he was worse, uberbaddy. I'm already looking forward to the next series.

I was disappointed in that the last 15 minutes seemed to have been rushed through, in comparison to the tempo of the series, and shortened to fit in with the scheduled running time, anyone else?
You made me forget myself, I thought I was someone else, someone good.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2014, 12:53:02 pm »
Yeah a bit of a tame end I thought. Episodes 1-5 were fantastic though.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2014, 01:44:43 pm »
So annoyed its only Denton that goes down, and Hastings has just invited a total corrupt copper onto his anti-corruption group. Ahh. Surely the next series has to be about getting the caddy?

Out of interest they are yet to confirm another series, I've just sent an e-mail we cannot let them throw a series like this off the TV when there is so much crap around. 
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 02:22:37 pm by jillc »

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2014, 04:12:07 pm »
Confused at the end, who actually set up the ambush?. I know Denton's gone down for it, but why would she want other coopers to be killed?.

Cotton, he was corrupt in Season 1 too. Probably to silence Tommy or take a slice of his action, it was left ambiguous but he wanted him out of the way. Akers knew about him, so it was easier for her to be eliminated. I assume the same for the other cops.

He is the Caddy, there were some major clues even before the reveal: being insistent on dealing with that part of the case to Hastings, getting his ex partner Nige to name Cole as a patsy, when Prasad was talking about the Caddy it kept focusing on him looking nervous, he chased Nige onto a golf course.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 04:14:35 pm by Craig S »

Offline AdamR

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2014, 11:20:59 pm »
Just finished both series in about a week.  Great TV

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2014, 06:07:59 pm »
The way both seasons have finished have been very similar to The Wire, in a more realistic less spectacular fashion. I was expecting something a little different but it's in line with the show as a whole.

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2014, 09:40:56 pm »
interesting.the mrs mentioned getting this as we have just finished homeland.Gonna buy it this week and watch it at the weekend
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2014, 02:11:42 pm »
It was the sleeper of the schedule for me also. Hope there is a quicker 3rd than the gap between 1st & 2nd. Those of us refusing to line Murdoch's pockets are looking towards a thin freeview schedule for detective/ thriller stuff as a few good ones end.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2014, 02:30:25 pm »
BBC at its best yet again .
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: April 8, 2014, 11:06:52 pm »
It has just been confirmed there will be two more series of this. It sounds as if there could be guest stars reappearing as well as the usual crowd too.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: March 9, 2016, 02:01:49 pm »
Just seen the trailer for series 3 of this. Cannot wait. The best thing the BBC have done in years. It'll have to go some way to top series 2 though which was just phenomenal.

Daniel Mays is the main character in this series which should be good.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: March 9, 2016, 05:47:57 pm »
One of the BBC shows i look forward to,will have to check out the trailer.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #31 on: March 9, 2016, 05:52:14 pm »

Just seen the trailer for series 3 of this. Cannot wait. The best thing the BBC have done in years. It'll have to go some way to top series 2 though which was just phenomenal.

Daniel Mays is the main character in this series which should be good.
I adore the sound track as well
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: March 9, 2016, 06:46:21 pm »
I SKY+ this the other night. I'm presuming this is season 3 running right now.

Is it worth me watching Seasons 1 and 2 before I watch this one?

cheers :wave

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: March 9, 2016, 07:17:38 pm »
I SKY+ this the other night. I'm presuming this is season 3 running right now.

Is it worth me watching Seasons 1 and 2 before I watch this one?

cheers :wave

Series 2 is currently being repeated. Series 3 starts later this month.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: March 9, 2016, 07:30:38 pm »
Series 2 is currently being repeated. Series 3 starts later this month.

ah yes, so it is. Thanks mate

Have just downloaded season 1 so will watch that first.

ta

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: March 9, 2016, 09:29:45 pm »
Do you we know when this brilliant series is starting up again? As others have said if will have to go to top last season's. But I am sure they will have a good try.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: March 9, 2016, 09:44:04 pm »
This is the trailer.

https://youtu.be/d-f7ObpcbaQ

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2016, 12:13:47 pm »
Both seasons were pretty good. IIRC Morgan from The Walking Dead starred in season 1.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2016, 10:20:31 pm »
Wow welcome back Line of Duty and what an opener that was. I still don't know what to think, but I am already hooked. :o

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2016, 10:20:45 pm »
Best thing on tv, and I include Happy Valley in that. Didn't see that ending coming at all.