Author Topic: NFC Pass  (Read 118209 times)

Offline deanloco9

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: NFC Pass
« Reply #520 on: January 8, 2023, 03:59:22 pm »
The club staff are still telling fans to put their phone into the hole, Why?  :butt :butt

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #521 on: January 8, 2023, 05:42:35 pm »
The club staff are still telling fans to put their phone into the hole, Why?  :butt :butt

Stewards don't have a clue, was back to waiting ages last night without the QR's, queue barely moving. They may as well tell everyone we all need Android phones at this rate. Ridiculous the amount of people just getting told this and then pulled away and shouted at to go the ticket office when the system just isn't fit for purpose.

Offline adzogolonzo

• Kemlynite
« Reply #522 on: January 9, 2023, 10:14:56 am »
Hi

QQ - on your NFC pass mine says the next game is everton.  I have chelsea tickets and double checked on the ticket website.  Anyone else have this/ know why Chlsea isn't pulling through?

I have redownloaded the nfc like they advised if tickets don't update but it remains on Everton

Thanks

Offline emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #523 on: January 9, 2023, 10:25:06 am »
Hi

QQ - on your NFC pass mine says the next game is everton.  I have chelsea tickets and double checked on the ticket website.  Anyone else have this/ know why Chlsea isn't pulling through?

I have redownloaded the nfc like they advised if tickets don't update but it remains on Everton

Thanks

The game that shows is just a reminder for what your seat is, it has no bearing on whether it will let you in or not. You will be fine.

Offline Stevo

• Not unique in his worship of Erik Meijer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #524 on: January 9, 2023, 10:35:38 am »
You say that but I had issues getting in with my NFC (Apple) against Leicester as it was taking ages and the steward came over and looked at my pass. It would have been odd if the pass hadn’t been displaying the right game, it gave them the quick assurance I had a valid ticket and the steward tried holding my phone closer and then I was in - had it displayed Wolves they may have just kicked me out of the queue.

It was actually the first time since the Osasuna friendly that my NFC hasn’t worked first time btw but it is an unreliable system for most people it seems.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #525 on: January 9, 2023, 10:39:03 am »
The game that shows is just a reminder for what your seat is, it has no bearing on whether it will let you in or not. You will be fine.
Whilst thats true, with the numerous problems that people are still having with NFC 1.5 years since it started (my mate missed the 1st 5 mins of the Leicester match despite us getting to the turnstiles 45 mins before ko, he was sent to the TO office and was told every excuse under the sun...yet it worked fine on Saturday despite him not updating anything), it doesn't exactly fill you with confidence does it.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline Athleticobil

• Main Stander
« Reply #526 on: January 9, 2023, 10:47:06 am »
Trying to get some understanding ahead of the chelsea match.

My tickets are on an iPhone 7, which I bought for iphone wallet, as I didnt want to keep my tickets on my Work phone (I need to change devices regularly and it's a pain)

I have now read that IOS 16.2 is essentially, but older iPhones are not compatible. Can anyone shed light on this? Is it a barrier or was it a once off for the Leicester match?

Online walterwhite

• Kopite
« Reply #527 on: January 9, 2023, 10:49:24 am »

My tickets are on an iPhone 7, which I bought for iphone wallet, as I didnt want to keep my tickets on my Work phone (I need to change devices regularly and it's a pain)

I have now read that IOS 16.2 is essentially, but older iPhones are not compatible. Can anyone shed light on this? Is it a barrier or was it a once off for the Leicester match?

LFCHelp on twitter says it should be fine once Iphone is up to date but would be interested to hear was there any other issues on Saturday

Actually see on that twitter now that a few couldn't get in cause they needed an iphone upgrade
« Last Edit: January 9, 2023, 11:07:17 am by walterwhite »

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #528 on: January 9, 2023, 11:09:08 am »
LFCHelp on twitter says it should be fine once Iphone is up to date but would be interested to hear was there any other issues on Saturday

Actually see on that twitter now that someone couldn't get in cause they needed an iphone upgrade
Despite what they said, its just another one on the long list of excuses as the upgrade has got nothing to do with it as I still haven't upgraded to IOS 16 yet but haven't personally ever had any issues and I know of many others that haven't either.

I'm not that tech savvy but isn't the technology the same as when make you make a contactless payment? If so, why do so many have issues getting into the ground? seems to be random people at random times as well.

i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Online walterwhite

• Kopite
« Reply #529 on: January 9, 2023, 11:32:28 am »
Despite what they said, its just another one on the long list of excuses as the upgrade has got nothing to do with it as I still haven't upgraded to IOS 16 yet but haven't personally ever had any issues and I know of many others that haven't either.

I'm not that tech savvy but isn't the technology the same as when make you make a contactless payment? If so, why do so many have issues getting into the ground? seems to be random people at random times as well.

I'm not 100% sure myself but seems whatever update they made to remove the QR codes is not working on older model Iphones before 8, i'm just going now by whats on twitter no first hand info, couple on twitter said it was a mess at the TO Saturday with people not able to get in but the said in a tweet late last week it was all sorted

Offline Flyhalf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #530 on: January 9, 2023, 11:36:21 am »
My sister had an issue for the first time in the Leicester game. We were at the turnstile by 7.15 but she missed the first five minutes of the match as she had to go to the TO for a paper ticket. She was assured that there would be no issue for the next match if she contacted Customer Services beforehand, which she did via chat. She was told that the ‘problem with the turnstiles’ had been fixed and that she would be ok using the pass.  We weren’t confident so got there an hour early on Saturday and she had the same problem. 40 mins in the TO queue to be told that she should apply for a stadium access pass. Not good enough really as we have the same phones and I don’t have an issue

Offline emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #531 on: January 9, 2023, 11:38:27 am »

It's a bit of a UX disaster to be honest.

The big slot looks like where you *should* put your phone, so some people will try to do that.

Then the implementation means that the system will need to check you have a valid ticket, so it takes time to go to the server and check. Meanwhile there's absolutely no feedback that anything is working, so people will give up and move their phone away.

These aren't issues if you go every week and are used to it, but if 5% of 55k get it wrong, then it slows it right down.

Plus the occasional actual issue.

Offline Malachys15

• Main Stander
« Reply #532 on: January 9, 2023, 03:31:46 pm »
My sister had an issue for the first time in the Leicester game. We were at the turnstile by 7.15 but she missed the first five minutes of the match as she had to go to the TO for a paper ticket. She was assured that there would be no issue for the next match if she contacted Customer Services beforehand, which she did via chat. She was told that the ‘problem with the turnstiles’ had been fixed and that she would be ok using the pass.  We weren’t confident so got there an hour early on Saturday and she had the same problem. 40 mins in the TO queue to be told that she should apply for a stadium access pass. Not good enough really as we have the same phones and I don’t have an issue

That's such a disgrace. What phone was she using?

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #533 on: January 9, 2023, 04:13:37 pm »
It's a bit of a UX disaster to be honest.

The big slot looks like where you *should* put your phone, so some people will try to do that.

Then the implementation means that the system will need to check you have a valid ticket, so it takes time to go to the server and check. Meanwhile there's absolutely no feedback that anything is working, so people will give up and move their phone away.

These aren't issues if you go every week and are used to it, but if 5% of 55k get it wrong, then it slows it right down.

Plus the occasional actual issue.
Cheers for the explanation.

Shocking that here we are 18 months down the line and people still feel the need to get to the turnstiles early just in case they have issues getting in, its piss poor.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #534 on: January 9, 2023, 04:48:23 pm »

They are still the same scanners that they brought in for the contactless fancards, when we got rid of paper tickets for homes.
How long ago was that? 6-7 years, I dunno? That's pretty old, how many people are using a 7yr old phone, or computer.  I don't think the supermarket contactless payments are using 7 year old tech.
They need upgrading, so its a faster, more reliable scan.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #535 on: January 9, 2023, 05:02:18 pm »
They are still the same scanners that they brought in for the contactless fancards, when we got rid of paper tickets for homes.
How long ago was that? 6-7 years, I dunno? That's pretty old, how many people are using a 7yr old phone, or computer.  I don't think the supermarket contactless payments are using 7 year old tech.
Yes they are definitely the same ones that used to scan the cards. It looks like the obvious answer is to upgrade the tech and the vast majority of the problems would be solved.

Would be interesting to know if other top flight clubs are still having issues with it as well.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #536 on: January 9, 2023, 05:07:52 pm »

I recon they're the same ones used when I was on the PTS scheme and that would've been 2009 time.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #537 on: January 9, 2023, 05:17:52 pm »
I recon they're the same ones used when I was on the PTS scheme and that would've been 2009 time.
Ahh the good old days of the PTS scheme!

Offline Flyhalf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #538 on: January 9, 2023, 06:33:48 pm »
That's such a disgrace. What phone was she using?

iPhone SE, 3rd generation

Offline ScuzzyP

• Main Stander
« Reply #539 on: January 9, 2023, 06:49:57 pm »
My little lad uses my old iPhone 7+ this has been working fine....

Scousers rule the country like we've always done before!

Offline kopitenkw

• lemurphobic
  • Kopite
« Reply #540 on: January 9, 2023, 08:52:14 pm »
My little lad uses my old iPhone 7+ this has been working fine....

The NFC Pass on my iPhone 7 Plus wouldn’t work for the Leicester match and I had to go to the Ticket Office to be able to get into the Stadium. I missed the Wolves match, so I don’t know at the moment for the Chelsea match if my phone will work again, or if I will need to update to iOS 16.

If I do need to update to iOS 16 then either I will need to buy a new phone, iPhone 8 or newer, or apply for a Stadium Access Photo Card.

The information from the Ticket Office is as rubbish and unhelpful as ever. They post a message on Twitter saying you need to update to iOS 16, but the NFC guide on the LFC website still mentions using an iPhone 6 or newer  :butt

Offline liamo3

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • MacKenzie you LIAR!!!!!
« Reply #541 on: January 9, 2023, 10:39:55 pm »
The version of the phone has no impact on NFC its basically radio waves. There are 2 end points one in your phone one at the turnstile. Like antenna tags that communicate with each other but will only communicate on close contact. So your operating system version should have no bearing on it at all unless the operating system is not working at all then technically your phone won't work anyway. So I don't see why the club put that out except for its a standard cliche response when things go wrong.

The only reason nfc won't work is if something is stopping the 2 endpoints communicating examples

Nfc turned off
Tags at either end point damaged
Not close enough depending what casing etc is on your phone can effect this
Laggy connectivity as in you dont hold phone long enough at turnstile long enough for it to read.

If your phone has nfc it has nfc the type of OS isnt going to stop your nfc all of a sudden its a tangible thing.
I told you about the tractor doing the pillar box 2001 and all the tickets had off, now they hitting the vans, what next, guns in the T O window.

Offline kopitenkw

• lemurphobic
  • Kopite
« Reply #542 on: January 10, 2023, 06:31:32 am »
The version of the phone has no impact on NFC its basically radio waves. There are 2 end points one in your phone one at the turnstile. Like antenna tags that communicate with each other but will only communicate on close contact. So your operating system version should have no bearing on it at all unless the operating system is not working at all then technically your phone won't work anyway. So I don't see why the club put that out except for its a standard cliche response when things go wrong.

The only reason nfc won't work is if something is stopping the 2 endpoints communicating examples

Nfc turned off
Laggy connectivity as in you dont hold phone long enough at turnstile long enough for it to read.

If your phone has nfc it has nfc the type of OS isnt going to stop your nfc all of a sudden its a tangible thing.

Very interesting and useful information thanks.

Did anyone who has an iPhone 6 or 7 find that the NFC Pass on their phone still worked ok for the Wolves match on Saturday? In other words that you didn’t need to update to iOS 16 for your NFC Pass to still work.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2023, 06:33:38 am by kopitenkw »

Offline fowler_dk

• Kemlynite
« Reply #543 on: January 10, 2023, 09:30:02 am »
Hi

Thanks

I had the same issue and contacted the club yesterday about the issue. I have not got an answer yet but today my NFC pass show the Chelsea tickets and no longer the Everton tickets.

Online walterwhite

• Kopite
« Reply #544 on: January 10, 2023, 10:23:22 am »

Nfc turned off

Don't overlook software issues, these issues with older Iphones start when they removed QR codes so there is a chance a bug has been introduced that is only seen on older models where the NFC token is reading as invalid even though it is a valid token.

Offline anfieldash

• Kopite
« Reply #545 on: January 10, 2023, 10:40:31 am »
Very interesting and useful information thanks.

Did anyone who has an iPhone 6 or 7 find that the NFC Pass on their phone still worked ok for the Wolves match on Saturday? In other words that you didn’t need to update to iOS 16 for your NFC Pass to still work.

We had an iPhone 6s that worked fine on Saturday so suspect that the version of iOS makes no difference, just down to if the phone works properly.

Offline Malachys15

• Main Stander
« Reply #546 on: January 10, 2023, 10:55:50 am »
Does anyone know if there is a time cutoff from Forwarding your ticket to someone that is on your F&F list? Like, could you do it on the day of the game or 30mins before kickoff kickoff?

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #547 on: January 10, 2023, 11:30:31 am »
Does anyone know if there is a time cutoff from Forwarding your ticket to someone that is on your F&F list? Like, could you do it on the day of the game or 30mins before kickoff kickoff?
Its up to 1 hour before ko.

Offline Malachys15

• Main Stander
« Reply #548 on: January 10, 2023, 01:21:51 pm »
Its up to 1 hour before ko.

Cheers for that, I couldn't see it mentioned anywhere. Thought that they would have some sort of cutoff for it.

Offline red annie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #549 on: January 10, 2023, 04:25:59 pm »
The NFC Pass on my iPhone 7 Plus wouldn’t work for the Leicester match and I had to go to the Ticket Office to be able to get into the Stadium. I missed the Wolves match, so I don’t know at the moment for the Chelsea match if my phone will work again, or if I will need to update to iOS 16.

If I do need to update to iOS 16 then either I will need to buy a new phone, iPhone 8 or newer, or apply for a Stadium Access Photo Card.

The information from the Ticket Office is as rubbish and unhelpful as ever. They post a message on Twitter saying you need to update to iOS 16, but the NFC guide on the LFC website still mentions using an iPhone 6 or newer  :butt

My husband's iPhone 12 didn't work on Saturday. I had updated the software on Friday. So I agree absolutely nothing to do with the age of the phone!

Offline friendofrocky

• Main Stander
« Reply #550 on: January 13, 2023, 11:52:54 am »
Does the QR code change only affect iphones? Can the Android barcodes still be used for ground access?

Offline lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #551 on: January 13, 2023, 11:54:26 am »
Does the QR code change only affect iphones? Can the Android barcodes still be used for ground access?

Can still use Android barcodes, used mine on Saturday. Not sure if they can be shared though like the old iphone ones, think they refresh.
★     ★     ★     ★     ★     ★

Offline friendofrocky

• Main Stander
« Reply #552 on: January 13, 2023, 11:56:43 am »
Thanks mate - I do know that the original barcode can only be used as it refreshes itself every 30 seconds or something to prevent people getting a screenshot and sharing.

Offline ScuzzyP

• Main Stander
« Reply #553 on: January 16, 2023, 12:52:21 pm »
Just to add, the same iPhone 7+ worked fine for the Wolves FA Cup game.....Mad that yours isnt working...

Scousers rule the country like we've always done before!

Offline dundeejoe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #554 on: January 19, 2023, 03:50:02 pm »
4 of us going to match on Saturday
All phones have Chelsea showing
But 2 have hold near reader and 2 don’t
Anyone else had this problem

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #555 on: January 19, 2023, 03:55:15 pm »
4 of us going to match on Saturday
All phones have Chelsea showing
But 2 have hold near reader and 2 don’t
Anyone else had this problem

Is their O/S up to date ?

Offline dundeejoe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #556 on: January 19, 2023, 04:00:09 pm »
 Only iPhone 6,7 so can’t get IOS16
I updated to the latest I could and they have reader
Maté hasn’t so prolly be that
Thanks
« Last Edit: January 19, 2023, 04:03:13 pm by dundeejoe »

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #557 on: January 20, 2023, 06:07:54 pm »
This has probably been asked many times in here so apologies, but does anyone know how long it usually takes for a forwarded ticket to show in your NFC wallet? My brother has just forwarded me his ticket for the match tomorrow, and when I log into my account it's there, but not when I go into my LFC wallet on my phone.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #558 on: January 20, 2023, 06:26:08 pm »
This has probably been asked many times in here so apologies, but does anyone know how long it usually takes for a forwarded ticket to show in your NFC wallet? My brother has just forwarded me his ticket for the match tomorrow, and when I log into my account it's there, but not when I go into my LFC wallet on my phone.
Have you tried to refresh it manually? If not, give it a go.

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #559 on: January 20, 2023, 06:56:24 pm »
Have you tried to refresh it manually? If not, give it a go.

Do you mean just delete and reinstall?