Author Topic: NFC Pass  (Read 117691 times)

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: NFC Pass
« Reply #160 on: August 17, 2022, 07:41:44 am »
Card has updated with Bournemouth overnight. Seems quicker than usual that after the last game.

Offline 77kop05

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #161 on: August 17, 2022, 09:23:45 am »
Same NFC issue here Monday night tried 3 times and no joy. Barcode worked instantly. 

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #162 on: August 17, 2022, 11:46:02 am »
Card has updated with Bournemouth overnight. Seems quicker than usual that after the last game.

Mine has as well. It also has a new bit in the details (android) giving the date and time it was updated - 8.33pm last night to be precise!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline walterwhite

• Kopite
« Reply #163 on: August 17, 2022, 02:00:50 pm »
NFC is still shite, both myself and my sister tried it but it didn’t work once again so had to use the code as couldn’t be bothered faffing about with it. It’ll cause chaos with massive queues again if the QR codes are stopped I guarantee it.

Same happened me, was getting the green tick on the phone but gate didn't release, steward came over and scanned the barcode for me and I was in

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: August 17, 2022, 04:13:11 pm »
Where are you placing the phone on the reader at the ground out of curiosity

Holding it in the middle over the 3 lines like you would a bank card in a shop. Gave it 10-15 seconds then gave it up, got the code up and scanned it and straight away goes green. Needs binning off and going with bluetooth scanning instead, i'd bet its far more reliable and the QR's wouldnt be viewable until close to the turnstile where it activates itself.

Offline paulgil23

• Kemlynite
« Reply #165 on: August 17, 2022, 05:15:12 pm »
We walked past the ticket office about 7pm on Monday night and the queues were bigger than I’ve ever seen.
Undoubtedly caused by the new forwarding system, poor instructions on how to use it, and only a couple of days window to do it.
In a lot of cases people are forwarding because they’re on holiday, so then you’ve got two days to work it all out, with someone who is sat on a beach.
LFC need to give a week for forwarding before each game, and have better instructions on the website for how to download the pass.
Also, anyone still struggling with scanning the NFC pass, make sure you’re holding the back of your phone to the scanner, not the front, it works better.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: August 17, 2022, 05:25:24 pm »
We walked past the ticket office about 7pm on Monday night and the queues were bigger than I’ve ever seen.
Undoubtedly caused by the new forwarding system, poor instructions on how to use it, and only a couple of days window to do it.
In a lot of cases people are forwarding because they’re on holiday, so then you’ve got two days to work it all out, with someone who is sat on a beach.
LFC need to give a week for forwarding before each game, and have better instructions on the website for how to download the pass.
Also, anyone still struggling with scanning the NFC pass, make sure you’re holding the back of your phone to the scanner, not the front, it works better.
[/quote
The nfc chip is in the back of the phone so you should only ever  hold the back to the reader.

Offline yogi garcia

• Boys Pen
« Reply #167 on: August 18, 2022, 05:23:22 pm »
Does any one know how it goes with adult tickets on junior memberships? I have to buy in a different sale than my kids (really handy) so to be able to buy my son a ticket I had to buy him an adult ticket to a teen membership to the Bournemouth game. At least the game is already in his pass on his phone so seems to be ok.

Also, if he can't go would it be possible for my mate (an adult) to go instead? Just wandering how the reader at the gate will work with an adult ticket on a teen membership. Sorry, if this has been discussed already - couldn't find any info on this

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: August 19, 2022, 10:12:36 am »
Does any one know how it goes with adult tickets on junior memberships? I have to buy in a different sale than my kids (really handy) so to be able to buy my son a ticket I had to buy him an adult ticket to a teen membership to the Bournemouth game. At least the game is already in his pass on his phone so seems to be ok.

Also, if he can't go would it be possible for my mate (an adult) to go instead? Just wandering how the reader at the gate will work with an adult ticket on a teen membership. Sorry, if this has been discussed already - couldn't find any info on this

In terms of your son going in it will work fine - you may be able to get a refund of the difference in ticket price if you contact the club but people have said conflicting stuff about that on here.

If you forward the ticket to your mate instead, then he just goes on an adult ticket and that should be that - won't matter that it was bought on a teen membership as it was an adult ticket.

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #169 on: August 20, 2022, 10:55:43 am »
Ticket forwarding looks to be open for Bournemouth
Kenny Godglish

Offline AR48

• Anny Roader
« Reply #170 on: August 21, 2022, 07:41:37 am »
I’ve forwarded my dad my ticket for Bournemouth but there has been no change to his GA NFC pass. He is on android, does it typically take longer than iPhone? Or is there a way you can refresh it like you can on iPhone?

Offline redman1974

• Legacy Fan
  • scottkop105 on twitter My new number 07511165355
« Reply #171 on: August 21, 2022, 08:44:40 am »
I’ve forwarded my dad my ticket for Bournemouth but there has been no change to his GA NFC pass. He is on android, does it typically take longer than iPhone? Or is there a way you can refresh it like you can on iPhone?
Go into his account and download his pass again using chrome and it will change to bournemouth

Offline AR48

• Anny Roader
« Reply #172 on: August 21, 2022, 02:03:40 pm »
Go into his account and download his pass again using chrome and it will change to bournemouth

Thanks!

Offline jammo

• Main Stander
  • 'Rocking all over the world' AKA:Leverkusen!
« Reply #173 on: August 21, 2022, 08:43:35 pm »
Forwarded my ticket to the wrong person for Saturday and when i go in to recall it, it says there are 0 tickets to recall.
Anyone had this before or know how to?
There are only 2 teams in Liverpool. Liverpool and Liverpool reserves.

Offline wewonit5timesinistanbul

• Kopite
« Reply #174 on: August 21, 2022, 08:59:57 pm »
Forwarded my ticket to the wrong person for Saturday and when i go in to recall it, it says there are 0 tickets to recall.
Anyone had this before or know how to?

You can't recall it he needs to send it back to you.  Remember that will be then 2 of the 3 transfers your allowed to do

Offline jammo

• Main Stander
  • 'Rocking all over the world' AKA:Leverkusen!
« Reply #175 on: August 21, 2022, 09:03:21 pm »
Cheers for the info!
There are only 2 teams in Liverpool. Liverpool and Liverpool reserves.

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #176 on: August 22, 2022, 01:18:12 am »
When I try to forward my season ticket for Saturday to one of my FandF it says the maximum quantity has been exceeded by that person which definitely isn’t the case anyone else having the same issue ?
Kenny Godglish

Online Philipm20

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #177 on: August 22, 2022, 08:48:10 am »
When I try to forward my season ticket for Saturday to one of my FandF it says the maximum quantity has been exceeded by that person which definitely isn’t the case anyone else having the same issue ?

Has the person downloaded the General NFC pass mate?

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #178 on: August 22, 2022, 08:50:28 am »
That had crossed my mind Philip they mustn’t have I will check it out thanks
Kenny Godglish

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #179 on: August 22, 2022, 09:46:48 am »
That was the problem they have it now 😀
Kenny Godglish

Online Philipm20

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #180 on: August 22, 2022, 09:55:06 am »
That was the problem they have it now 😀

Great stuff mate

Offline eoa106

• Kopite
    • East of Anfield
« Reply #181 on: August 25, 2022, 04:48:38 pm »
No. If you've sent someone a ticket and it's gone from you account then it has worked. If by 'not worked' you mean it hasn't updated on their pass, it's not instant.

Thanks for this. Anyone has any experience how long one should have to wait from a successful forwarding checkout until the ticket is updated on the digital membership in Google Wallet? It says forwarding is available until 1 hour before kick off, but if it takes a long time for the ticket to be transferred onto the member card then that's obviously a problem...
East of Anfield - Proud Territory of the People's Republic of Liverpool!

Offline swoopy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: August 25, 2022, 04:55:18 pm »
Thanks for this. Anyone has any experience how long one should have to wait from a successful forwarding checkout until the ticket is updated on the digital membership in Google Wallet? It says forwarding is available until 1 hour before kick off, but if it takes a long time for the ticket to be transferred onto the member card then that's obviously a problem...

The ticket is updated immediately on the receivers end. The only thing that might not update are the seat details on the google wallet app. If you tried to get in with the google wallet NFC (even if the seat details aren't displayed) it WOULD let you in, as when the pass is scanned it's checked against the TO Database and sees you have a valid ticket, even if it's not shown on the wallet app.

Offline eoa106

• Kopite
    • East of Anfield
« Reply #183 on: August 25, 2022, 05:06:00 pm »
The ticket is updated immediately on the receivers end. The only thing that might not update are the seat details on the google wallet app. If you tried to get in with the google wallet NFC (even if the seat details aren't displayed) it WOULD let you in, as when the pass is scanned it's checked against the TO Database and sees you have a valid ticket, even if it's not shown on the wallet app.

This is extremely useful, and reassuring, info. Indeed, the seat details have not been updated. The sender (person who forwarded the ticket) still has the seat details appearing on his member card, while the recipient has no seat details appearing. Yet. But the forwarding has been successful as can be seen in the respective online ticketing accounts.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: August 25, 2022, 05:12:21 pm »
This is extremely useful, and reassuring, info. Indeed, the seat details have not been updated. The sender (person who forwarded the ticket) still has the seat details appearing on his member card, while the recipient has no seat details appearing. Yet. But the forwarding has been successful as can be seen in the respective online ticketing accounts.

How long ago was it forwarded? The details should update within in a couple of hours, but as swoopy says, there's no need to panic if they don't.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline marios_moustache

• Kopite
« Reply #185 on: August 25, 2022, 06:55:55 pm »
Looking at the video on the website it says if a ticket is being forwarded to a non-member (ie, someone with just a supporter ID) they need to log in and download the General NFC Admission pass before a ticket is forwarded on. When I log in to my son's account, I cannot see the option to download the General Admission NFC.

Anyone had the same issue?

Should I just get my cousin to forward it on to my son and then see if the download option appears?

Offline walterwhite

• Kopite
« Reply #186 on: August 25, 2022, 07:12:25 pm »
Looking at the video on the website it says if a ticket is being forwarded to a non-member (ie, someone with just a supporter ID) they need to log in and download the General NFC Admission pass before a ticket is forwarded on. When I log in to my son's account, I cannot see the option to download the General Admission NFC.

Anyone had the same issue?

Should I just get my cousin to forward it on to my son and then see if the download option appears?

There's a post by swoopy about 2 pages back with the link to download it

It won't let him forward the ticket if it's not downloaded

Offline Hoppy

• Wino
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Attack Attack Attack
« Reply #187 on: August 25, 2022, 10:38:15 pm »
I've had a Bournemouth ticket forwarded to me, and i can see the ticket details under My Account.  I'd clicked on the link to download the General Admission NFC, which is how I assume they were able to send me the ticket, however nothing is showing in my Apple Wallet.  Am i doing something wrong or do i just need to be patient?
In for a week, Out for a month....Duncan is a Tampon!

Offline Hoppy

• Wino
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Attack Attack Attack
« Reply #188 on: August 25, 2022, 10:48:21 pm »
[/quote
If you've already bought the nfc pass on the website go into your account > memberships > tick the little box next the the GA pass then download nfc pass

Thanks Swoopy, I had same issue and didn’t realise I had to go to “Memberships” to tick the box and download the ticket to Google Wallet, all done now and ready to roll, thanks again 👍

Ignore me above - this here worked
In for a week, Out for a month....Duncan is a Tampon!

Offline WoodenHanger

• Ursine Wanger.
  • Main Stander
« Reply #189 on: August 25, 2022, 10:58:39 pm »
General admission ticket on my iphone is grey, last season it was red. I know season tickets are Green.

Is this anything to be concerned about?

Offline swoopy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: August 25, 2022, 11:00:54 pm »
General admission ticket on my iphone is grey, last season it was red. I know season tickets are Green.

Is this anything to be concerned about?

No. It's the correct colour.

Offline eoa106

• Kopite
    • East of Anfield
« Reply #191 on: August 26, 2022, 08:51:33 am »
How long ago was it forwarded? The details should update within in a couple of hours, but as swoopy says, there's no need to panic if they don't.

I waited around six hours after forwarding, and the seat details weren't added to the member card in Google Wallet. So I removed the member card from Google Wallet and re-downloaded it from the LFC online account. The seat details were then updated correctly on the re-downloaded card in Google Wallet. The person who forwarded the ticket though still has the seat details showing on his member card in Google Wallet more than 16 hours after forwarding the ticket to someone else. I guess if that person removes the member card from his Google Wallet and redownloads the card from his LFC online account, then the seat details will be updated (removed) too.

Overall based on this particular experience it seems that after forwarding, seat details don't get updated automatically unless the NFC pass is re-downloaded from the ticketing account.

Offline swoopy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: August 26, 2022, 10:09:29 am »
It does update automatically. The card only checks in with LFC every so often to check for updates. I never have a problem with it updating before the match.

Offline craig_lfc1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #193 on: August 26, 2022, 05:20:54 pm »
Having trouble with my pass even though it worked fine for Bournemouth. It said membership had expired and moved to expired passes, deleted it and tried to download again but it’s now saying maximum number of passes  issued, remove one of existing copies.

Sorry if this is repeated but anyone had this issue and know how to resolve? Tried to contact club but no joy yet

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #194 on: August 27, 2022, 08:42:25 am »
My ST was in expires passes all summer but then I went into my LFC account and it seemed to correct it and it in current tkts after
We are a team of one half.

Offline Flyhalf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #195 on: August 27, 2022, 09:42:03 am »
Just noticed that my pass has disappeared and it’s not in my expired passes. I’ve tried to download it again but have a message saying I’ve exceeded the number allowed and to delete one. Any ideas, as I e never had a problem previously ? Looks like a trip to the ticket office when I get there 😕

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: August 27, 2022, 09:47:13 am »
I waited around six hours after forwarding, and the seat details weren't added to the member card in Google Wallet. So I removed the member card from Google Wallet and re-downloaded it from the LFC online account. The seat details were then updated correctly on the re-downloaded card in Google Wallet. The person who forwarded the ticket though still has the seat details showing on his member card in Google Wallet more than 16 hours after forwarding the ticket to someone else. I guess if that person removes the member card from his Google Wallet and redownloads the card from his LFC online account, then the seat details will be updated (removed) too.

Overall based on this particular experience it seems that after forwarding, seat details don't get updated automatically unless the NFC pass is re-downloaded from the ticketing account.

I've forwarded 4 tickets so far. There has been no issues with any of them updating automatically on the receivers pass and no issues with my pass updating to reflect the next game. All the receivers updated within an hour or 2 of me sending.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Shankly84

• Main Stander
« Reply #197 on: August 30, 2022, 11:13:39 pm »
I’m trying to download an NFC Pass for my lad for a ticket tomorrow, but when I go to the button it is greyed out. Does anyone have any advice? We had no issues last season when passing tickets on. This is very frustrating.

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: August 30, 2022, 11:56:41 pm »
I’m trying to download an NFC Pass for my lad for a ticket tomorrow, but when I go to the button it is greyed out. Does anyone have any advice? We had no issues last season when passing tickets on. This is very frustrating.

You need to download the general admission NFC pass. Then go on memberships on the my account section and add that pass to the wallet.

Offline Shankly84

• Main Stander
« Reply #199 on: August 31, 2022, 06:37:02 am »
I’ve tried that. But when I get to the basket, it says there is a problem. He has a membership. I thought the general admission was for someone who doesn’t have a membership?