Author Topic: Champions League Final in Paris 28.5.2022  (Read 199140 times)

Offline Jaska

• Hävytön mulkku - cheek shagger
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Champions League Final in Paris 28.5.2022
« on: April 16, 2022, 08:33:14 am »
We're not in the final yet but I'm sure I'm not the only person who has booked flights and accommodation so I wanted to open a thread for discussion so that we could share plans and discuss about all things related.

I travelled to Kiev and Madrid without a ticket and created a WhatsApp group for the ticket hunt so that we could share news and updates about where to find tickets, pricing, how to spot fakes, etc. In the end I managed to find a ticket in Kiev but not in Madrid. In Kiev, the group managed to sort out tickets for some supporters so in case we get to the final, I'll create another WhatsApp group for Paris.  :wave

I booked Ryanair flights for £55 so the risk is not huge if I don't travel in the end. I also booked a hotel for two persons for three nights with breakfast for £155. Not bad and I can cancel it for free until 24.5. I typically use Booking.com but this time I learned that I got more low price options from Momondo. Another learning was that the "free cancellation" filter is useless as it only limits the selection a lot but even if you don't tick that box, the options you get will have the free cancellation on offer in any case.

Offline gravy red

• Kopite
Re: Champions League Final in Paris 28.5.2022
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2022, 10:11:03 am »
Too early this. IMO.
Let’s get semi final out of way first.
Hoping gets locked until then, nothing personal, just me.!
150 views and no reply’s suggests the same.

Offline ohweloveyerbaldyhead

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2022, 11:51:53 am »
What’s the score with the Uefa ticket ballot usually?

We’re all booked also but about half of us will have a ticket. Does the ballot go off personal info I.e. you have to validate your entry? Or can you put as many email addresses as you want into the ballot?
Twitter: @loveyerbaldyhead

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2022, 12:19:06 pm »
Presumably the ballot is closed now?

Online RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2022, 01:13:04 pm »
What’s the score with the Uefa ticket ballot usually?

We’re all booked also but about half of us will have a ticket. Does the ballot go off personal info I.e. you have to validate your entry? Or can you put as many email addresses as you want into the ballot?

they use passport numbers.

this thread is all too early, although many of us (me included) have bought a cheap flight and a cancellable hotel just in case.
YNWA.

Offline jizzspunk

• Cumming soon. Or going. Depends how 'real' it gets. #livinginrealism
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2022, 04:12:21 pm »

I wonder if the UEFA ballot tickets are the ones UEFA are giving free to each participating club for this season
according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Offline ohweloveyerbaldyhead

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2022, 05:34:07 pm »

Doesn’t look to have even opened yet.
Twitter: @loveyerbaldyhead

Online RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2022, 05:43:35 pm »
Doesn’t look to have even opened yet.

yep - but also there used to be a holding space on their website which has now disappeared.
YNWA.

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2022, 07:36:40 pm »
Maybe issues due to change of venue......
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2022, 07:55:45 pm »
yep - but also there used to be a holding space on their website which has now disappeared.

There is some info (but very little) on their ticket-page. It says to create an account to get the latest news on tickets for the final. No date set yet for the ballot or anything else except. The only thing in their FAQ is the official statement that the final will be in Paris and that details for sales and the ballot will be published in due time. Don't know, if they had already started the process back when the final was still due to be played in St. Petersburg, because I haven't followed the news for that as I had no plans of going there, but I don't think they have. Don't know what the process was like in the last two or three years, but before that I think registration for the ballot was in January or February and then the you knew by March, if you had been successful (it could also have been registration in March and draw in April). They probably pushed it back due to Covid to have a better idea in terms of what travel or ticketing restrictions might be in place come May and now it has been pushed even further by the change of venue. Chances of being successful are pretty slim anyway I would guess. Probably a million touts trying to make some money...

Online RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2022, 08:31:58 pm »
There is some info (but very little) on their ticket-page. It says to create an account to get the latest news on tickets for the final. No date set yet for the ballot or anything else except. The only thing in their FAQ is the official statement that the final will be in Paris and that details for sales and the ballot will be published in due time. Don't know, if they had already started the process back when the final was still due to be played in St. Petersburg, because I haven't followed the news for that as I had no plans of going there, but I don't think they have. Don't know what the process was like in the last two or three years, but before that I think registration for the ballot was in January or February and then the you knew by March, if you had been successful (it could also have been registration in March and draw in April). They probably pushed it back due to Covid to have a better idea in terms of what travel or ticketing restrictions might be in place come May and now it has been pushed even further by the change of venue. Chances of being successful are pretty slim anyway I would guess. Probably a million touts trying to make some money...

yeah, definitely tout central and like the other person earlier suggested, will be people trying their luck with fake emails/passport numbers using bots.
YNWA.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2022, 09:01:17 am »
I've booked the following - all with free cancellation and at the time the flight cost me £24 return

Manchester - Brussels on Thursday
Night in Brussels
Train to Paris friday
2 nights in Paris
Train back to Brussels Sunday
Fly back to Manchester Monday

Risk - £24
Total cost* - £525
*4 nights away in nice hotels, including flights, airport lounge, fast track, cabin bag, trains to and from Brussels & and Manc airport, busses to and from Brussels Hotel to airport, and hotel breakfasts

**not including match ticket cost, booze, lunch/tea and tourist attractions

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2022, 09:44:44 am »
I've booked the following - all with free cancellation and at the time the flight cost me £24 return

Manchester - Brussels on Thursday
Night in Brussels
Train to Paris friday
2 nights in Paris
Train back to Brussels Sunday
Fly back to Manchester Monday

Risk - £24
Total cost* - £525
*4 nights away in nice hotels, including flights, airport lounge, fast track, cabin bag, trains to and from Brussels & and Manc airport, busses to and from Brussels Hotel to airport, and hotel breakfasts

**not including match ticket cost, booze, lunch/tea and tourist attractions
Was that done on the premise that you think you’ll be guaranteed with an away credit (from 19/20) or in the hope that your successful in a potential ballot?
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2022, 10:48:17 am »
Was that done on the premise that you think you’ll be guaranteed with an away credit (from 19/20) or in the hope that your successful in a potential ballot?

No, I'd like to hope one of the ballot entries would get one

From our group there's some who won't go and can't afford it, two who don't have passports, ones at a wedding and ones on holiday, and some who've got their kids memberships etc who they'd not take so there's spares of they got more than 1

I sort everyone's tickets out, so I've got the entries of the ones who can't go and then the ones who've got kids if they got 2 tickets I'd get the 2nd

I'd be amazed if I didn't end up with one if we got there, I've done every UK game and will ahve done 3 of the 6 CL aways this season. Everything's free cancellation till late May so I'd know by then anyway, apart from the £24 flight
« Last Edit: April 18, 2022, 10:49:51 am by 30fiver »

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2022, 11:05:47 am »

I'd be amazed if I didn't end up with one if we got there, I've done every UK game and will ahve done 3 of the 6 CL aways this season. Everything's free cancellation till late May so I'd know by then anyway, apart from the £24 flight

Hate to break it to you mate but none of those games you've mentioned would have any bearing on you getting an CL Final ticket

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2022, 11:32:09 am »
How much do you reckon the chartered flights with the club would be?

Been looking at prices over the last week and most of the options are extortionate now. Happy to pay if I had a ticket but it’s very unlikely that I will so would be going just for the build up

Would save all the trouble to move it to Wembley haha

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2022, 11:39:25 am »

Been looking at prices over the last week and most of the options are extortionate now. Happy to pay if I had a ticket but it’s very unlikely that I will so would be going just for the build up

Was Madrid something like £350+? Expecting somewhere between £299-£399 if we were to get there.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2022, 11:45:31 am »
Was Madrid something like £350+? Expecting somewhere between £299-£399 if we were to get there.

Yeah, I don’t know why but I was expecting more. I’d take that. To get on one of those you needed a ticket. I had booked the chartered flight for Madrid but was unsuccessful so I hadn’t sorted another option to get over.

Loads more options available with it being Paris at least

Edit: checked my emails and I was just over 2,700 on the waiting list for the Spurs final
« Last Edit: April 18, 2022, 11:57:55 am by ScubaSteve »

Offline deanloco9

• Kopite
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2022, 12:14:56 pm »

Will be about £550 IMO - They usually rip us off because it's our name and they'll use "More people are traveling now covid restrictions have gone a bit better"

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2022, 12:29:46 pm »
Will be about £550 IMO - They usually rip us off because it's our name and they'll use "More people are traveling now covid restrictions have gone a bit better"

Do you think with a possible final between city and us that the clubs are holding a lot of planes back in case we both need them? Hoping if Madrid were to beat city and we went through, there’d be a few more flights available. Obviously at a stupid price

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2022, 12:45:58 pm »

I'd take a guess at £500-£600 return for 'club' ones
As per, the final is over kids holidays so will be in high demand, be even worse if City get there the further afield they have to source aircraft from the more its going to cost you

World Choice Sport want £499 for charter flight to Valencia for Villerreal, Sports Options want £480 (if on your own) but at least that includes a night in a hotel and a coach

CDG might not have a lot of parking for planes to sit around and wait, if it doesnt... then they'll have to fly somewhere else to sit before coming back, again adding to your cost

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2022, 12:49:09 pm »
Hate to break it to you mate but none of those games you've mentioned would have any bearing on you getting an CL Final ticket

I know... You've disregarded the rest of the post and I'm pointing out that I get sorted for every game home and away, and will have at least a dozen ballot entries with my name on if they're drawn out. I'm in with the right crowd to get sorted for this fixture to be in a position to book everything in advance

Offline jizzspunk

• Cumming soon. Or going. Depends how 'real' it gets. #livinginrealism
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2022, 12:53:18 pm »
Fill a car with 4 people and drive down there..loads of underground parking around Gare Du Nord..who's flying from the UK? 🤷‍♂️
according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Offline Max100

• Main Stander
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2022, 04:31:49 pm »
I'd take a guess at £500-£600 return for 'club' ones
As per, the final is over kids holidays so will be in high demand, be even worse if City get there the further afield they have to source aircraft from the more its going to cost you

World Choice Sport want £499 for charter flight to Valencia for Villerreal, Sports Options want £480 (if on your own) but at least that includes a night in a hotel and a coach

CDG might not have a lot of parking for planes to sit around and wait, if it doesnt... then they'll have to fly somewhere else to sit before coming back, again adding to your cost

£500 would be way over the top in my opinion. More like £350 - £400 tops. And CDG is a major airline hub so there should be lots of parking space for planes. I'm sure this is all factored in before a venue is chosen to host the final.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2022, 05:10:21 pm »

£500 would be way over the top in my opinion. More like £350 - £400 tops. And CDG is a major airline hub so there should be lots of parking space for planes. I'm sure this is all factored in before a venue is chosen to host the final.

What was factored in, was that Paris would be a neutral venue  ;D

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2022, 06:44:02 pm »

It's all about the money, supply and demand and all that

You'd think that, but the busiest often have the least long term (more than a couple hours) parking available - imagine flying an extra 40 planes to heathrow and see where they fit them without disturbing normal ops, and they've got to have the free slots for take offs and landings..

some might go to other airports around Paris - not sure if you remember all the Kiev flights being cancelled due to capacity issues 

Offline deanloco9

• Kopite
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2022, 07:45:20 pm »
It's all about the money, supply and demand and all that

You'd think that, but the busiest often have the least long term (more than a couple hours) parking available - imagine flying an extra 40 planes to heathrow and see where they fit them without disturbing normal ops, and they've got to have the free slots for take offs and landings..

some might go to other airports around Paris - not sure if you remember all the Kiev flights being cancelled due to capacity issues

Regardless if we make it or not I can't stress enough but do not use WorldChoiceSports. They are scam artists at best for big events.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2022, 10:26:06 pm »
Fill a car with 4 people and drive down there..loads of underground parking around Gare Du Nord..who's flying from the UK? 🤷‍♂️
Got five booked in our car. Cost 67 quid per head on the tunnel, 335 total. Cancellation policy too incase we don’t there.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline actwithoutwords

• postswithoutreading
  • Kopite
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2022, 12:08:54 am »
Not confident of a ticket if we get there after getting lucky in both Madrid and Kiev. Do we reckon there will be another fan park situation? Or is that likely in the post-covid world?

Offline AnthonyStabile

• Frankie Carbone... Freddy No Nose... "Naby Keita is a shithouse, pass it on."
  • Main Stander
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2022, 01:27:30 am »
Madrid charter flights for the 2019 final with the usual companies (sports options, ftl, world choice) were £700+. That was 3yrs ago pre pandemic, this yr will be more.

Kiev was near a grand!

These prices where for day trips only.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2022, 01:30:46 am by AnthonyStabile »

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2022, 07:58:17 am »
Considering I’m going on my own, its much cheaper to fly. The train was like 125 each way plus diesel and parking to get to london. Flights 200 all In
YNWA

Offline GDGLEWIS

• Main Stander
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2022, 09:06:40 am »
Got five booked in our car. Cost 67 quid per head on the tunnel, 335 total. Cancellation policy too incase we don’t there.
Dont forget Paris is like London and has clean air rules for Cars , and you need to have a permit to enter. 

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2022, 10:58:31 am »
Not risking waiting for the charter trip details, it will be an arm and a leg guaranteed

Booked Eurostar to Lille one way on the Saturday morning, and free cancellation hotel booked when Paris was announced

Will book return after first leg

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2022, 11:08:32 am »
You could probably make use of an interrail pass to get to Paris and back
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2022, 11:24:05 am »
Dont forget Paris is like London and has clean air rules for Cars , and you need to have a permit to enter.
Cheers for the heads up. Will park up on the outskirts and train in.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline claresy2005

• Anny Roader
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2022, 02:47:36 pm »
Fly to jersey: get the ferry to st Malo, train on to Paris. Can do Friday - Monday for £200

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2022, 06:40:35 pm »
Booked Dublin to Amsterdam on the Thursday, back on the Monday via Brussels, only £15 risk. Bus to Paris and back on Friday and Sunday about 35 quid, hotels cancelable at 110, so about 160 travel to Paris and I only lose 15 if I don't go, better than paying 200+ for direct flights and maybe losing it all, already got 2 nights in Paris for 170 expensive but prices are stupid now

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2022, 01:24:26 pm »
20,000 is the normal allocation to each club, then the Extra 5k free from uefa

Offline Strummer77

• Legacy Fan
  • @AlexDavis90
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2022, 01:27:42 pm »
20,000 is the normal allocation to each club, then the Extra 5k free from uefa

Judging from the detail just released, it looks like the 5k free ones are actually included in the 20,000.

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2022, 01:29:18 pm »
Judging from the detail just released, it looks like the 5k free ones are actually included in the 20,000.

It does.....

A total of 52,000 tickets out of 75,000 (the stadium’s capacity for the final) are available for fans and the general public to purchase. The two teams that reach the final will receive 20,000 each, while 12,000 tickets are being offered for sale to fans worldwide via UEFA.com.

Ten thousand of the tickets reserved for the fans of the two teams will be offered for free to reward the lifeblood of the game for their loyal support during the pandemic. The ticket sale and allocation process for the tickets reserved for the fans of the finalists will be organised by the clubs involved, including the allocation of the free tickets.
Liverpool ist Rad!